Thread: Aleksei's subtype descriptions

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aleksei's subtype descriptions

LSI-Te: The overlord type. Te-LSIs are calm, cool and collected, and have a relentless drive for control. They are master planners and will effortlessly maneuver themselves into leadership positions.

Most likely JCF type: INTJ
    Most likely Enneatype: 8w7 sp/sx
    Most likely Oldham styles: Self-Confident, Aggressive, Vigilant
    Type exemplar: Darth Motherfucking Vader
    Possible forum example: Discojoe

LSI-Fe: Emotionally squally, and usually has artistic or sentimental tendencies. This type of LSI is desperate for a way to effectively express their emotions, but their own inhibitions often hold them back. Will often try to entertain people and has an odd sense of humor, usually brash and aggressive.

Most likely JCF type: ISTJ
    Most likely Enneatype: 4w5 sx/sp
    Most likely Oldham styles: Sensitive, Idiosyncratic, Vigilant, Mercurial
    Type exemplar: Raphaël Poulain (Amelie)

LSI-Se: Restless and impulsive, the LSI-Se will stop at nothing to get what they desire. This type is tough as nails, usually reserved in their treatment of others, but nevertheless has an adventurous spirit and will not take shit from anyone.

Most likely JCF type: ISTP
    Most likely Enneatype: 6w5 (Counter-phobic) sp/sx
    Most likely Oldham styles: Adventurous, Self-Confident
    Type exemplar: Michelle Rodriguez

LSI-Ne: This type of LSI is a visionary leader. They usually have grand visions and ideas and possess the relentless drive to make these ideas a reality. Revolutionary leaders are often of this type.

Most likely Enneatype: 1w2 so/sp
    Most likely Oldham styles: Inventive, Vigilant
    Type exemplar: Light Yagami (Death Note)

LSI-Ti: Highly logical, strict and conscientious. The LSI-Ti has a well-structured idea on how to live life, and dislikes deviating from it.

Most likely JCF type: ISTJ
    Most likely Enneatype: 6w5 (Prussian) sp/so
    Most likely Oldham styles: Conscientious, Vigilant, Serious
    Type exemplar: Eric Foreman (House)
    Possible forum example: Peteronfire

LSI-Fi: Neurotic and relentlessly perfectionistic, but without a clear idea of their own vision of life.

Most likely JCF type: ISFP
    Most likely Enneatype: 1w2 so/sp
    Most likely Oldham styles: Conscientious, Vigilant, Serious
    Type exemplar: James Norrington (Pirates of the Caribbean)

LSI-Si: Comfort-seeking and focused on aesthetics. Like with EIE-Sis, the focus is more on creating a comfortable environment for others to enjoy, and less on actually sitting back to enjoy it.

Most likely Enneatype: 9w8 sp/sx
    Most likely Oldham styles: Leisurely, Solitary, Self-Sacrificing
    Type exemplar: Haruka Urashima (Love Hina)

LSI-Ni: Withdrawn and reflective, but strong-willed, relentless and willing to defend whatever they believe in.

Most likely Enneatype: 5w4 sp/sx
    Most likely Oldham styles: Idiosyncratic, Solitary, Sensitive, Serious
    Type exemplar: Jason Bourne (The Bourne Series)
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When typing LSI sometime in the future will you align some subtype to 3w2 like you did with the SLE Ni subtype you type yourself aligning it with 8w9 ?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like these...LSI-Se / LSI-Si fit very well for me.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe fits me better.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Fe fits me better.
    Yup, that's right.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Fe fits me better.
    Yep, second that.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could definitely see you as Fe. I actually wasn't sure.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    When typing LSI sometime in the future will you align some subtype to 3w2 like you did with the SLE Ni subtype you type yourself aligning it with 8w9 ?
    Aligning types across systems is a fruitless endeavor. The matches here are simply most likely type matches, they aren't exact type matches.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Aligning types across systems is a fruitless endeavor. The matches here are simply most likely type matches, they aren't exact type matches.
    Yea, I know it is pointless and counter-productive but that didn't stop you from doing it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting.

Could you clarify if JCF = MBTI? Also, how did Socionics ends up with 8 subtypes? I thought the 2 subtypes are just the base and the creative.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Yea, I know it is pointless and counter-productive but that didn't stop you from doing it.
    An estimated best fit isn't the same as a moronic Crispy-ish attempt at making all cross-type matches obligatory. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Could you clarify if JCF = MBTI?
    JCF = Jungian Cognitive Functions. The functions as originally designed by Jung, which differ a fair bit from the IEs designed by Augusta.

Also, how did Socionics ends up with 8 subtypes?
    The eight subtypes are subdivisions of DCNH, accentuating distinct versions of dominant, creative, etc. behavior. More info can be found here.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    LSI-Se: Restless and impulsive, the LSI-Se will stop at nothing to get what they desire. This type is tough as nails, usually reserved in their treatment of others, but nevertheless has an adventurous spirit and will not take shit from anyone.

Most likely Enneatype: 6w5 (Counter-phobic) sp/sx
    Most likely Oldham styles: Adventurous, Self-Confident
    Type exemplar: Michelle Rodriguez
    hahaha, this is actually well-done. Where is Aleksei anyways?
    Last edited by jet city woman; 04-14-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I identified with the LSI-Fe and Ni.

I think I developed my lower functions, so I don't look like stereotypical LSIs.

My mom is ESFj and my father ESTp. Reading a MBTI author, Marie-Louise Von Franz, I found some interesting material about the early development of the personality in family environments. She claims that each person has one role in the family, then very often children develop some abilities which are not characteristic to them, just to complement or fulfill the lack of this Element in the environment.

For example, with my father (SLE-'Fe'), maybe I overdeveloped my Ni so this would make me create a better relationship with him (Ni suggestive). He always stimulated me to be an imaginative person, buying lots of videogames, and telling me fantastical stories.

My half-brother (LSI-Ti), on the other hand, was raised by my stepfather (ESTj), so he is much stricter and colder than me. No imagination at all.