Thread: Aleksei's subtype descriptions for EIE

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aleksei's subtype descriptions for EIE

EIE-Fe: Most dramatic, emotionally charged and expressive of all types. EIE-Fes adore the spotlight and are highly adept at attracting and enrapturing audiences. They are, additionally, very good at getting a reaction out of people, and often fuck with them for laughs. They’re the most clownish of all types. While they are first-rate performers, they fall short in the acting field, due to their high manicness and energy, which prevents them from playing anything but clownish and over-the-top characters. They’re still awesome, however.

Most likely JCF type: ENFJ
    Most likely Enneagram type: 4w3 so/sx
    Most likely Oldham styles: Dramatic, Mercurial, Exuberant, Idiosyncratic, Inventive
    Type exemplar: Michael Sheen

EIE-Te: Forceful but highly charismatic and clever leaders, EIE-Tes are a force to be reckoned with. They naturally gravitate to positions of power, and they know how to inspire and convince people to follow them, sometimes garnering crowds that’d follow them to the very depths of hell.

Most likely JCF type: ENTJ
    Most likely Enneagram type: 8w7 sx/sp
    Most likely Oldham styles: Self-Confident, Aggressive, Dramatic, Mercurial
    Type exemplar: John Simm’s Master (Doctor Who)

EIE-Ne: Brilliant and visionary, EIE-Nes work tirelessly to make their personal visions a reality, effortlessly recruiting others to their cause through their fire and charisma. They are highly adept at maneuvering and manipulating people, and inspiring crowds, which they use to their advantage both in garnering support, and in strategically eliminating resistance to their visions. When they don’t actually have a grand vision to carry out, EIE-Nes are fond of messing with other people for lulz.

Most likely JCF type: ENFP
    Most likely Enneagram type: 1w2 sx/sp
    Most likely Oldham styles: Inventive, Self-Confident, Idiosyncratic
    Type exemplar: The Joker (Batman)

EIE-Se: Impulsive, creative and fun-loving, EIE-Ses are the very embodiment of EIE Carefreeness. EIE-Ses are generally given over to having a good time, and love messing with others to get a reaction. They’re good at strategy and manipulation, but prefer to deal with life as it comes at them, using their gift of forethought to dodge life’s punches. However, they’re prone to abrupt, impulsive mood shifts.

Most likely Enneagram type: 6w7 (counter-phobic) sx/sp
    Most likely Oldham styles: Mercurial, Dramatic, Adventurous, Self-Confident
    Type exemplar: Bam Margera
    Likely forum example: Gilly

EIE-Fi: Neurotic and perfectionistic, frets about whatever seems wrong to them, and often try to cajole others, forcefully or through their skill at persuasion, to help them fix whatever they think is wrong.

Most likely Enneagram type: 1w2 so/sx
    Most likely Oldham styles: Conscientious, Vigilant, Aggressive
    Type exemplar: Eric Draven (The Crow)
    Likely forum example: ReiLingBaz

EIE-Ti: Adherent to a, sometimes arbitrary, structure of rules of behavior. Tries to cajole and convince others, normally through emotional manipulation, to follow their rules.
    Most likely JCF type: ESFJ
    Most likely Enneagram type: 6w7 (Prussian) so/sx
    Most likely Oldham styles: Conscientious, Vigilant, Aggressive
    Type exemplar: Michael Scott (The Office)

EIE-Ni: Moody, withdrawn, squally, emotional and mentally diffident. Expressive, but have long reserved periods due to handling their own emotional demons, and they’re fantasy-driven.

Most likely Enneagram type: 4w5 sx/sp
    Most likely Oldham styles: Idiosyncratic, Sensitive
    Type exemplar: Hamlet

EIE-Si: Feels an almost compulsive need to make the surrounding area comfortable, focusing just as much on internal mental comfort as external comfort. Rarely actually sits around to enjoy the physical comfort - too much to do, after all, there's more comfort to be made!

Most likely JCF type: ENFJ
    Most likely Enneagram type: 9w1 sx/so
    Most likely Oldham styles: Sensitive, Devoted
    Type exemplar: *None found*
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is potential here. I definitely see some potential. However where is the logical structure? What are the alternatives that these types believe they must or should avoid, shaping their characters thereby?
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 02-15-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea but of all of these, I can't find myself in any. EIE-Ni or IEI-Si are the closest. Actually, based on these, I don't think I'm EIE at all. But I'm also not E-9. I'm something like IEI-Si E-4w5. But, the description was so negative!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like these. Please do all 16 types!

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will, probably. Working on LSI as we speak.

Tcaud, explain yourself.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I will, probably. Working on LSI as we speak.

Tcaud, explain yourself.
    Well each type is trying specifically not to be another type. However that's the problem when you just go eight levels down -- you loose that nuance because the weakest functions don't come into the picture.

On the other hand, I can't tell if you are trying to explain DCNH types, or those 8 subtypes gulenko "differentiated further", or the 16 EM types.

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So does this work seperately from the 2 subtype system? I'm Fe-EIE for the 2 subtype system but i relate to the Ni-EIE here (but I'm not sure if I'm fantasy like )

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is linked to 2-subtype. Specifically, Irrational subtypes are linked to EIE-Ni, and Rational subtypes to EIE-Fe.

You seem a lot like an N-EIE to me though.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more your Ni subtype for sure, in real life I'm very contained and low-key; my girlfriend is a good example of EIE-Se.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I like the idea but of all of these, I can't find myself in any. EIE-Ni or IEI-Si are the closest. Actually, based on these, I don't think I'm EIE at all. But I'm also not E-9. I'm something like IEI-Si E-4w5. But, the description was so negative!
    Same. Good idea, but I also didn't see myself reflected in any Beta NF descriptions. And many of these sound biased.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as this is exactly the kind of thing I would have done two years ago, I see what you are doing :wink: and it's really not the right way to go about understanding types. There is a certain amount of a priori knowledge to be had just from examining the ideas of types and getting a feel for the different kinds of people online and with exemplars, but you really can't guess so much as you've put down here as far as descriptions go without having numerous, very intentional encounters with people and getting to know them. To be frank, the descriptions here seem more like charicatures, which is somewhat telling of their origin; for example, not all EIE-Nes are going to be ingenuous and charismatic. Most of them will be very normal people, just like any other type. These kinds of behavioral abnormalities are not what you should look for in typing people so much as you should try to observe and get a feel for the flavor of their personality, their personal zeitgeist, if you will. All descriptions will be charicatures to an extent, but your interpretive/a priori approach is pretty apparent in the manner in which you've written these.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interpretive/a-priori typing is the only possible and valid form of typing, given that types aren't naturally occurring. And a lot of this actually is based on observation anyway; some of IRL people I know (which admittedly will get harder if/as I continue this project; a lot of people I know personally are Betas and I tend to study them more), and some from fictional depictions of the types.

It's kinda funny actually that you'd take EIE-Ne as an example; it's probably the single type I have most experience with. I'm pretty sure I am one (yeah it was kind of a brainfart to type myself SLE... I am definitely not Fi-PoLR), my best friend's dad is one, and one of my other friends is too. As for the spectacular nature of the extrovert subtypes, EIEs are quite a spectacular type. We're called Hamlet precisely because few other types even have the capacity of being over-the-top enough to play the guy (and he's EIE-Ni, to boot -- the least hammy EIE subtype).
    Last edited by Aleksei; 02-26-2011 at 01:39 AM.