Thread: I'm finally rid of those damn captcha codes

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Default I'm finally rid of those damn captcha codes

I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but searching this site without an account is not exactly convenient. It's not actually that easy to tell the difference between a capital Z, S, X, and C from their lowercase counterparts. I believe I once failed that test 3 times in a row? Yea... no fun.

So, I figure sense I have an account, I may as well create a "Type Me" thread. Seeing as how I'm not a frequent poster, I figure I'll need to write quite a bit about myself to get anything constructive. I've been on this socionics thing for quite a few months now so I think I may be able to focus on the relevant type stuff and avoid writing my life story.

I hear you guys like pictures too? Well, I don't really have anyone who follows me around and takes pictures of me so I'm going to have to dig kind of deep to find anything. Oh yea, I'm going to have to find an image hosting site as well, won't I? Hmm...

It will be interesting to see what others see in me compared to how I've come to view myself, if nothing else. For someone who's been reading socionics material for as long as I have, I actually don't have much confidence in my knowledge of it. Can't even really guess my brother's type. Then again, I hear people you are closest too you can have trouble typing because you are aware of all their nuances.

Anyways, I'm interested in the material and have quite a few unresolved questions in it. I may be here a little while though I do tend to just read what others have to say. Didn't know this forum had an IRC chat though! Now there's a medium I tend to be active in. We'll see how it goes.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Uniden View Post
    For someone who's been reading socionics material for as long as I have, I actually don't have much confidence in my knowledge of it. Can't even really guess my brother's type.
    Don't worry, you're not alone. (Of course, I have an opinion on him, but I'm still not totally sure as well.)
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narrator!
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I'm permanently signed in, so no I've never noticed that before.

Welcome, btw.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

don't have any opinion on your type yet, but welcome.

Creepy-Korpsey

LSE

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, typing people you are close to is very difficult sometimes. I'm really good at typology, but I have yet to figure out my sisters type.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcoming. I've finished dredging up photographs of myself, and I hope they are sufficient. I actually have hardly any good unposed pictures, though my posed ones do involve interactions with other people. So, I suppose that will have to do.

I better get started with that Type Me thread. It could take a while.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

So tell me, Uniden, do you desire a world without wires?

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    So tell me, Uniden, do you desire a world without wires?
    Heh, I should have known an alias as neat as Uniden would have meant something somewhere.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Heh, I should have known an alias as neat as Uniden would have meant something somewhere.
    I used to own one of your phones. It worked well. But I had to upgrade from the 2.4 GHz cordless to a 5.4 model, because it interrupted my wireless Internet when I got a router for my laptop.

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

That is interesting, Capitalist Pig. I know my microwave disrupts my connection to the internet. But, I've never noticed the same to be true about my Uniden phone. Hmm, isn't that interesting. I have a Uniden phone as well.

I have some free time so I suppose I should hurry up and finish that Type Me thread. I hope being sick won't have too much of an affect on what can be inferred from the opening post.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but searching this site without an account is not exactly convenient.
    What do you mean? Unregistered users can use the search function, no?

It's not actually that easy to tell the difference between a capital Z, S, X, and C from their lowercase counterparts. I believe I once failed that test 3 times in a row? Yea... no fun.
    Hm, that is annoying.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How do you cure an ulcer?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

That is interesting, Capitalist Pig. I know my microwave disrupts my connection to the internet. But, I've never noticed the same to be true about my Uniden phone.
    Well it can happen with any cordless phone, really. Most routers are set to broadcast at 2.4 GHz, some do it on 5.8 or I think maybe even 6.0. And the more expensive models let you switch between them. Since cordless phones use the same frequencies, the signals will often interrupt each other. Every time I'd get a phone call, the wireless internet would go down.

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    What do you mean? Unregistered users can use the search function, no?
    Oh, it's not that unregistered users can't use the search function. It's just that you need to jump through some hoops first before they let you search.

Well, I've been spending the last several days in this forum's chat. Was planning to get to know the community a bit more before I made any more posts. I talked to Subterranean at some length. He spent an inordinate amount of time getting me to understand Cricket which I appreciated. Not everyone can handle all my questions I tend to have. Also, I became friends with Director Abbie and Director Trevor. Unexpected. But nice. Actually, Director Trevor could have been joking about that. Didn't really ask for clarification. I also had a very nice discussion with April. That went well, I think.

All in all, the experience went about as well as I could have hoped. I suppose it's about time I finish that Type Me thread.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uniden
    A Viacom company

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but searching this site without an account is not exactly convenient. It's not actually that easy to tell the difference between a capital Z, S, X, and C from their lowercase counterparts. I believe I once failed that test 3 times in a row? Yea... no fun.
    We should really implement some replacement to a captcha... I know of one website that manages to stop spam using an unchanging captcha that always reads "Orange," and I've read about ways to get the Captcha effect without the user even noticing that they're being tested. (One example: Compute the MD5 hash of Pi to 100 decimal places via JavaScript and insert that in a hidden input. Accept correct answers in lieu of a captcha. The important thing is that it be something that most other sites aren't doing.)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari