Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 81

Thread: Type me? :))

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Type me? :))

    Hello all.. I would really appreciate it if some of you helped type me... To avoid posting a wall of un-type-related and useless text though, I will wait for questions. Thank you in advance

  2. #2
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Hello all.. I would really appreciate it if some of you helped type me... To avoid posting a wall of un-type-related and useless text though, I will wait for questions. Thank you in advance
    What is your opinion on breast implants?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    What is your opinion on breast implants?
    lol... I don't really care, but I would never get them. (I trust that the answer to this question will wash away any doubt whatsoever of my type, yes?)

  4. #4
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    lol... I don't really care, but I would never get them. (I trust that the answer to this question will wash away any doubt whatsoever of my type, yes?)
    (Check)

    Name four things that you absolutely love and two things you absolutely hate and explain why. The more in depth you can go explaining it, the better for us.

    P.S. I'm observing everything and crossing out possible types in my mental checklist.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    (Check)

    Name four things that you absolutely love and two things you absolutely hate and explain why. The more in depth you can go explaining it, the better for us.

    P.S. I'm observing everything and crossing out possible types in my mental checklist.
    Awesome! Okay...

    Love:
    1. Art. I don't know if I could say that I LOVE art.. but I definitely appreciate it. I guess I am an artist myself, because I create art, although I don't act like an artist. Art is the area that I am most talented and comfortable/confident in... partially because I think it "runs in the family" and all that, and I just have an eye for that kind of thing. Usually the first thing I notice when I see something (a new city, book, magazine, video game, movie) is how nice or pretty it looks, and so I appreciate it when things are aesthetically appealing. Ironically though, I don't pay much attention to my own appearance, because I don't think it's that important. Anyways, the reason I love art would be... because it looks nice, and it makes things pretty. hahaha. how shallow. In all honesty though, I've never focused too much on "self-expression" and all that when it comes to art, which seems to be what most people are focused on. For me... I just want things to look nice. I have often thought about how great it would be to be able to go around and decorate a city.. with paintings and flowers and anything else that can add some color. I hate boring, nasty looking cities like Atlanta, Georgia.

    2. Food. Food is one of the few things that I openly exclaim my love for. All of my friends know I love food, and so my gifts from them on whatever occasion will often consist of food, or food-related things. Answering the "why" question on this one is tough though... because it tastes good? I wish there was a better reason but that's pretty much all I can think of. You told me to go in depth though, so I'll tell you what kinds of food I like! Sushi, is my favorite food. It's great because it tastes awesome, it's healthy, and it's not one of those messy foods you have to bite all the time and spill all over your face. It's... delicious. If I were a shallow bitch, I would not marry a man for his money, I would marry him for his sushi-making abilities. But I am not a shallow bitch so would not do that. Anyways: salsa. Last summer I made homemade salsa four or five times. For Christmas, one of my friends got me a "grow your own salsa" kit. And the classic, chocolate. Even crappy, 50 cents valentines day chocolate I can eat, and will eat. I'm a good cook too. I can't begin to understand why anybody wouldn't be able to cook. Even if it doesn't come naturally, all you have to do is follow directions! and the internet makes recipes easily accessible. Okay moving on.

    3. Humor. I love making people laugh, although I don’t think I’m very good at it, except for sometimes. I really admire people who are good at being funny, and can do it whenever they want. Some of my fondest memories are of times when I have made people laugh/ laughed excessively. I have often, in the past, made a fool of myself for the sake of humor, and I guess some people look down on that, but I prefer it, because it is shameless. For me, an enjoyable time is sitting around with 2 or 3 (but usually just 2) friends maybe playing some kind of board game but not taking it seriously at all. For example, when I play monopoly, I steal everybody’s money and then give it to one person (who is oblivious), because it’s funny! Whenever I can, I try to be ridiculous, and humorous. I get very annoyed, though, when people become irritated by humor though. I don’t think that games are something to ever be taken seriously… because if they are, how is it fun?? I guess the reason I love humor.. is because it makes people feel good; it makes me feel good. My favorite comedians are Rowan Atkinson and Andy Kaufman. They are amazing.

    4. Real friends. Throughout my life, I have had many close friends (they come and go), but only 2 real friends, but even then, one of them I don’t trust in whole. Having deep and true friendships with people is something I greatly value, but I find difficult to accomplish, 1) because people usually don’t take me seriously enough to really get to know me, and 2) because people are always more interested in their own gain. Why do I love this? Because it is a special thing for one to connect with and understand another person. It is also a great thing to be accepted by another person for what you really are. One of the most disappointing things I have noticed throughout schooling and whatnot, is that people are typically only friends with one another if they can get some personal gain out of it (ie- I” want to be friends with person A because she’ll support me and be mean to my ex-boyfriend for me, even though I don’t really like her and she’s really weird durrr”). So yeah, I don’t like shallowness when it comes to relationships, and I value close relationships.


    Hate:
    1. People who revolve their lives around "image." ie: people who mold themselves into acting/dressing a certain way... and then looking down on others who don't. I see this as a form of useless vanity. I cannot say that my hatred for this is thanks to any personal account (nobody like this has ever given me a personal reason to dislike them), this is simply something that I have always hated. In case I am not being clear enough: I know a group of girls.. from what I can tell, this is what they spend most of their time doing: dressing up (they do not go ANYWHERE without wearing fancy vintage outfits and a gross amount of makeup, which I assume is supposed to make them look "unique"), and taking pictures of themselves... you know.. posing in the woods or whatever. They make a conscious attempt to talk with a sort of girlish voice which I also despise. It is fake.

    2. Censorship, of any sort. I hate to think that one group of people is allowed to decide what others can and cannot say. It is just as rude for one to tell another person "don't say retarded, that's offensive because blah blah blah", as it is rude for the person to have said retarded to begin with (though personally I don't really care what kind of vocabulary somebody uses, as long as it's not overly and pointlessly vulgar, to the point that it becomes annoying or depressing. Even then though, it is rude to censor). I find it to be egotistical that one person, the person who supposedly "cares" and is "politically correct”, believes it is their place to decide what another person who is their equal should and shouldn't say. It also disturbs me that it is socially acceptable for people to openly try to censor one another. In short, I prefer people to be able to say what they want to say, and feel comfortable doing so.

  6. #6
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Reserved. So far I think you are XXXx.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Reserved. So far I think you are XXXx.
    lol well thanks for reading anyways

  8. #8
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    ILE????????
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  9. #9
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get the impression of Alpha (but not LII), or IEE, or maybe an IEI who hangs around lots of Alphas.

    How would people around you describe you? (Say, a teacher, or your mother, or a close friend?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  10. #10
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL Slater

    anyway, here's what we need to type you:

    Social security number
    DOB
    License number
    Checking and Savings account information
    Any offshore checking and savings info

    That would be good for now...any questions?

    questions of much lessor importance:

    1. Are you organized or do you want to be organized and you're not?
    2. Are you enthusiastic?
    3. How do you feel about humanity and people?
    4. What's your energy level like?
    5. In a close relationship, what tasks would you like separated between yourself and you mate?
    6. Can you express your emotions?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-14-2011 at 09:59 AM.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I get the impression of Alpha (but not LII), or IEE, or maybe an IEI who hangs around lots of Alphas.

    How would people around you describe you? (Say, a teacher, or your mother, or a close friend?)
    Teacher: independent, quiet, "a little 'off.'" I usually try to stay on good terms with teachers, and so I only ever hear the usual "good student" teacher crap.

    My mother: independent, a nuisance (I always stay up too late, make noise, etc.), a "stinker" (when I argue with her because I think she is being unreasonable)...

    Sister: Cold, goofy, gangly, "monkey-butt" (lol?)

    Close friend A: upon asking her once, she said "I don't know, you're just, RAHH, you're _name_!" And then I pressed further, "Okay, I guess.. artistic, funny, kinda weird..."

    Boyfriend: sweet, weird, artistic, good at "stuff" (lol), nice, blah blah blah

    People in general: I get the impression that most people think of me as someone to take lightly, and hang out with when they want to goof off or be weird. I've had a couple people tell me in the past that they love being around me because they can be really weird and silly and know that I won't judge them. People don't usually tell me exactly what they think of me to my face, though, because I don't usually do that to them, so this question was kinda hard to answer. I hope what I wrote was at least kind of useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    LOL Slater

    anyway, here's what we need to type you:

    Social security number
    DOB
    License number
    Checking and Savings account information
    Any offshore checking and savings info

    That would be good for now...any questions?

    questions of much lessor importance:

    1. Are you organized or do you want to be organized and you're not?
    2. Are you enthusiastic?
    3. How do you feel about humanity and people?
    4. What's your energy level like?
    5. In a close relationship, what tasks would you like separated between yourself and you mate?
    6. Can you express your emotions?
    lol, yeah okay let me go get that for you... haha

    1. I am very organized. I usually keep my room clean, because if it is not, or something is out of place, I feel suffocated. It's ridiculous.

    2. Err, I can be, but only sometimes. If I am ever enthusiastic about anything, it has to be spontaneous, otherwise it feels forced. I definitely cannot pretend to be enthusiastic, because then I feel like I am lying to people. Sometimes, though, if something truly excites me, I will be suddenly enthusiastic, and then it dies down again. I am usually more on the quiet side.

    3. I feel like... there is good in people... but most people, because they are able to get by in life with out being 'good', will not choose to be good. I think that many people are lazy and give into the temptation of living a foul life, because it's easy. I think there is a good future ahead of us though, at least in certain places. I think that people will gradually grow to be more and more civilized.

    4. My energy level... wavers. Sometimes, I have too much energy to contain, and I fidget and bite my lip like mad, and probably look pretty strange when doing so. Other times, I don't have any energy, and don't want to do anything. These energy levels usually have nothing to do with the time of day though, they just change on and off through out the day. I can go from being lighthearted and in the mood to talk to people, to very closed up and awkward.

    5. I would like to cook, decorate/design the house, decide how everything will be organized in the house and where things should go, make sure food is healthy... I would like my partner to manage bills/taxes and all of that crap, and any kind of paperwork, like applications... also I would like my partner to deal with people and be the one to organize some kind of social life, because I'm pretty bad at keeping in touch with people unless forced.

    6. I can... but it's like the enthusiasm thing, I have trouble expressing them unless they practically leap out of me. it's more like the emotions express me, if that makes any sense. Something I have repeated trouble with is expressing gratitude. for example, if I am having dinner at a friends house, I really want their parents/her to know that I appreciate it, but I have trouble saying it, and if I do, it feels very forced and uncomfortable. It's very easy for me to express frustration... though I try not to in public. I have never been very confident when it comes to expressing romantic feelings. When I am happy people can usually tell, because I walk differently and smile more. Gratitude is the only thing I really have trouble with.

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're might be an E because you try to "stay on good terms with people...."

    logical type

    Some external inconsistency in your energy level has me wondering thought....How about external working energy; do you think that when you work at something that you can do it for an even amount of energy for a long time, or not?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-14-2011 at 03:49 PM.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You're might be an E because you try to "stay on good terms with people...."

    logical type

    Some external inconsistency in your energy level has me wondering thought....How about external working energy; do you think that when you work at something that you can do it for an even amount of energy for a long time, or not?
    Definitely. When I start working on something, I don't want to stop until I'm finished. Sometimes I will even work on things in the car or in public places if I can get away with it. I often stay up all night if I am doing something that interests me.

  14. #14
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You're might be an E because you try to "stay on good terms with people...."
    As in "Extrovert"?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  15. #15
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm thinking of Alpha XXXp.

  16. #16
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Definitely. When I start working on something, I don't want to stop until I'm finished. Sometimes I will even work on things in the car or in public places if I can get away with it. I often stay up all night if I am doing something that interests me.
    Poor handle on Ni.

    So far, you sound like these three types: LSE, ILE, or EII. But I'm leaning towards LSE and ILE more even though there's a possibility of you being EII as well.

    For the following reasons..

    If you're ILE, then you could be ignoring Ni in pursuit of your hobby/interest/ideas ().
    If you're LSE, then you could be involved in Te (work) to such a deep extent where you overlook time and poorly manage it's qualities.
    If EII, then you don't give a damn about time and have poor time management and much prefer following your interests.

    Do you feel like more questions?

    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?
    2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.

    3. You've already indicated poor time management, does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?

    4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?

    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?

    6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?

    7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?

    8. Do you have a single track mind or prefer multitasking?

    @Ryene

    Yes
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-15-2011 at 04:33 AM.

  17. #17
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Attempting to retain positive relations with people and is not related to extroversion.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  18. #18
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Attempting to retain positive relations with people and is not related to extroversion.
    Jung says it is.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Poor handle on Ni.

    So far, you sound like these three types: LSE, ILE, or EII. But I'm leaning towards LSE and ILE more even though there's a possibility of you being EII as well.

    For the following reasons..

    If you're ILE, then you could be ignoring Ni in pursuit of your hobby/interest/ideas ().
    If you're LSE, then you could be involved in Te (work) to such a deep extent where you overlook time and poorly manage it's qualities.
    If EII, then you don't give a damn about time and have poor time management and much prefer following your interests.

    Do you feel like more questions?

    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?
    2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.

    3. You've already indicated poor time management, does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?

    4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?

    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?

    6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?

    7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?

    @Ryene

    Yes
    Do you feel like more questions?

    Yes! All questions are welcome….

    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?

    I have a lot more trouble working intensely when I am in a bad mood. Actually, I have trouble doing much of anything, but if I need to I can force myself.

    2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.

    Leap into something. I will usually have a rough plan in my head of how my day is going to be, and I might work out a plan to minimize the number of car trips I have to take back and forth or something like that, but when it comes to daily things… I will just start working, I don’t need a plan. A lot of the time, I feel like I need to work spontaneously so that I am actually motivated. For example, if I plan to write a paper at a certain time, there’s a chance that I won’t follow the plan because I’ll have no motivation. However, if I’m in the mood to write a paper, I can get it done in a flash. This is one of the reasons why I stay up late a lot: I am more motivated at night.

    3. You've already indicated poor time management, does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?

    It stresses me out when I have to have something completed by a certain deadline. For example, at the moment I am very stressed about applying to colleges, because there has been some issues with sending my transcript to my college of choice, and the deadline is March 6th. So I am worried about that, because in my head I imagine somehow not getting the problem fixed and then running out of time, or maybe thinking that I’ve fixed the problem, but then it turns out at the last moment, something else will mess up. I really hate dealing with things like this. Anyways, on a day to day basis, being on time is something I have a lot of trouble, but I’ve learned to kind of just get over it and think, it doesn’t really matter that much.


    4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?

    I’m not sure what you mean by methods… but usually when I organize my main goal is simply to take up the least space possible with my belongings. I hate feeling cluttered. My other goal is to be able to remember where things are, so I usually assign a certain kind of object to a certain place in my room; that way I can remember where it is (ie- art supplies all go in the 2nd drawer, etc).


    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?

    Playing handheld video games, or reading. I consider these things relaxing because I can do them while lying in my bed, with dim lights on, alone, whenever I want. My room is a cozy place, so I enjoy relaxing in it, but if I were to just lie on my bed and not do anything at all, I would feel bogged down or useless. Sometimes I try to do these activities as a way of forgetting work I have to do, but that usually doesn’t work and I have to do the work anyways.

    6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?

    Skiing. Because… it’s fun! Ummm It’s exhilarating, I feel awesome doing it (assuming I don’t fall on my face…), it’s challenging.. it’s like being on a fast theme park ride that you’re in control of.

    7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?

    Being really sociable… something I’ve never been able to do. I really envy people who somehow manage to gain mass amounts of friends who all like them, and want to spend time with them, etc. I envy people who are even comfortable with having so many friends. Personally, I find it a pain in the ass to keep in touch with people, I don’t know why. I hardly ever miss anybody if they leave my life (unless they are a really really close friend), but I am made to feel like I should miss people… and stay in touch with them. So I really envy people who can just do it, naturally. I feel so lame when I compare myself to people like that, honestly. I also (and I don’t think this is really a “trait” but I’ll add it anyways) really envy people who have a close knit group of friends. I’ve always had some close friends, here and there, but never a close group. Most of the time, my friends don’t even like eachother very much. So this is something that I think would be really nice. I’m looking forward to hopefully finding that in college.

    EDIT: something else I find very relaxing: listening to good music on long car rides. lots of people complain that they hate long car rides, but if I'm with someone I like, and who can allow me to think (I never want to talk when I'm in the car), and there's music I like playing, I will enjoy it. A car ride is one of the few places where nobody expects you to be working - that might have something to do with it. Also, when I say good music, I mean upbeat, catchy, and with very pretty melodies and on-tune singing. No screamo or boring guitar solos.

  20. #20
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default



    You're LSE type
    - organization, clutter free, efficient to reduce trips, makes things fit into places a certain way, good spacial awareness.
    - pleasant, cozy scenes
    - value relations
    - has a rough plan

  21. #21
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Jung says it is.
    Where?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Where?
    Actually (not to be rude or anything, just thought I'd add) I've read his work on type and in the section on extraversion he does focus a lot on how the extravert will try to "mold" himself to fit his surroundings (people), which could be interpreted as similar to "keeping on good terms with people."

    EDIT: though it can be argued that this is socionics, which is different from jung's original work.

  23. #23
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Where?
    http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post


    You're LSE type
    - organization, clutter free, efficient to reduce trips, makes things fit into places a certain way, good spacial awareness.
    - pleasant, cozy scenes
    - value relations
    - has a rough plan
    Awesome! thank you for your help.
    If this is true, then I guess my next step is figuring out whether or not my boyfriend is EII, lol. Not that it would make a difference

  25. #25
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Actually (not to be rude or anything, just thought I'd add) I've read his work on type and in the section on extraversion he does focus a lot on how the extravert will try to "mold" himself to fit his surroundings (people), which could be interpreted as similar to "keeping on good terms with people."
    Fair enough.

    EDIT: though it can be argued that this is socionics, which is different from jung's original work.
    Most definitely. I don't believe that point translates into Socionics extroversion.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  26. #26
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Fair enough.



    Most definitely. I don't believe that point translates into Socionics extroversion.
    What do you mean? Socionics is Jungian personality types.

  27. #27
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Awesome! thank you for your help.
    If this is true, then I guess my next step is figuring out whether or not my boyfriend is EII, lol. Not that it would make a difference
    It would make a HUGE difference as far as good relations and similar communication styles. My cousin, dual, is married to a mirror relations SiTe and their relations is not the best, unfortunately (I hear it often).

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    It would make a HUGE difference as far as good relations and similar communication styles. My cousin, dual, is married to a mirror relations SiTe and their relations is not the best, unfortunately (I hear it often).
    well yes, it would make a difference. but what I mean is I wouldn't leave him if it turned out he wasn't my dual, because we have a very good relationship as it is. it wouldn't surprise me if he was my dual.

  29. #29
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    well yes, it would make a difference. but what I mean is I wouldn't leave him if it turned out he wasn't my dual, because we have a very good relationship as it is. it wouldn't surprise me if he was my dual.
    I hope he is too.
    You can always chat with me.

  30. #30
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    What do you mean? Socionics is Jungian personality types.
    Socionics is an offshoot of Jungian theory. They define the functions/IMEs differently, at the very least.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  31. #31
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Socionics is an offshoot of Jungian theory. They define the functions/IMEs differently, at the very least.
    I think, I'm actually very sure, that you'll change your mind after reading it. Don't make assumptions.

  32. #32
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I think, I'm actually very sure, that you'll change your mind after reading it. Don't make assumptions.
    I'll read through Jung's functional descriptions, and if I find that they correlate, fine. That is the one thing I am conceding, and it is conditional. Your unshakeable confidence in my "conversion" is misplaced.

    Also, it's probably best to take this discussion to another topic or PM. Otherwise we will clutter up Lemon's typing thread.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  33. #33
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I'll read through Jung's functional descriptions, and if I find that they correlate, fine. That is the one thing I am conceding, and it is conditional. Your unshakeable confidence in my "conversion" is misplaced.
    naughty Ti role...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Also, it's probably best to take this discussion to another topic or PM. Otherwise we will clutter up Lemon's typing thread.
    Got it! Let's stop competing for attention. Just do it! as Jordan said Already cluttered it, but it seems like it's almost over (demonstrating Ni and a bit of forecasting)

  34. #34
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    well yes, it would make a difference. but what I mean is I wouldn't leave him if it turned out he wasn't my dual, because we have a very good relationship as it is. it wouldn't surprise me if he was my dual.
    two more question, please...

    Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts?

    Do you enjoy quotes?

  35. #35
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So far I think Alpha/Delta.

    How about some pictures and/or video for VI/Temperament.

  36. #36
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Got it! Let's stop competing for attention.
    If I want attention, I'll go chat up some people and act silly. I'm not going to seek it by disputing your statements in a thread.

    -------------------------------

    Lemon, after reading your first pot, I can see why Eunice says Alpha Irrational. Not so sure about your second post.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TIM
    Fe dominant
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    two more question, please...

    Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts?

    Do you enjoy quotes?
    Books? Yes, I enjoy having books, but it is rare that they actually help me at all. I like having books about sociology as an interest, but as far as my other interests are concerned (crafts, music, art), books aren't very helpful because the instructions in those books are always really poorly written, and I learn better by doing things anyways.

    Facts? Facts are of interest to me, sometimes. If I am particularly interested in something, then I will enjoy learning facts about it. If a fact will help me in some way, then that's also nice. For example, I like learning facts about health-related topics, because then I can better choose what to eat and when, but I don't like random facts about how John Doe was shot in an airport at 6:15 AM on January 14th 1955 or whatever. Facts like those don't interest me because they aren't useful and don't affect me at all.

    I like quotes a lot. Usually if I want to learn about a person (famous), I will read a list of quotes by them before I ever read a biography. Usually quotes give me a deeper understanding of what a person was like, whereas biographies focus too much on random things they did throughout their life. I also like quotes because they tend to be very insightful... they're like... compressed wisdom, I guess you could say.

  38. #38
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    If I want attention, I'll go chat up some people and act silly. I'm not going to seek it by disputing your statements in a thread.

    -------------------------------

    Lemon, after reading your first pot, I can see why Eunice says Alpha Irrational. Not so sure about your second post.
    You misunderstood me. I didn't say YOU want attention. I'm refering to the attention/competition created by identical types.

  39. #39
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Being really sociable… something I’ve never been able to do. I really envy people who somehow manage to gain mass amounts of friends who all like them, and want to spend time with them, etc. I envy people who are even comfortable with having so many friends. Personally, I find it a pain in the ass to keep in touch with people, I don’t know why. I hardly ever miss anybody if they leave my life (unless they are a really really close friend), but I am made to feel like I should miss people… and stay in touch with them. So I really envy people who can just do it, naturally. I feel so lame when I compare myself to people like that, honestly. I also (and I don’t think this is really a “trait” but I’ll add it anyways) really envy people who have a close knit group of friends. I’ve always had some close friends, here and there, but never a close group. Most of the time, my friends don’t even like eachother very much. So this is something that I think would be really nice. I’m looking forward to hopefully finding that in college.
    Sounds about Fi DS to me. Certainly weak and subconscious Fi. Certainly easy to break off relations when you don't have a good handle on Fi. Typically SEI have a great time with relations and less so for ESE. You don't seem to value Si over Te, resting and enjoying what you want or what makes you feel good over being productive. You've indicated that productivity and needing to do things rather then being lazy is very much a conscious thing for you...hence in the conscious block.

    Your level of preference for organization is something that seems to be valued over Fe also and you wanting or being interested in finding relations in college further gets you closer to Delta Te rather then Alpha. If I were to resort to Alpha quad, I would go for ESE, but ESE are really great at joking and you said that you aren't very good at it.

  40. #40
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You misunderstood me. I didn't say YOU want attention. I'm refering to the attention/competition created by identical types.
    I don't see how that applies here. What are we supposed to be competing over, other than correctness of imparted information?

    ------------------------

    Tentatively guessing SEI. Lemon, are you male or female? I ask for pronoun reasons.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •