Thread: Introverts

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Introverts

Why do you think you're an introvert? What clues about yourself do you find are related to that function? I'm looking for "The reason why I think I'm an introvert is because I do......."

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    "The reason why I think I'm an introvert is because I do......."
    Walk upright compared to you.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some socionics introversion can be correlated with social introversion, but it's probably not strong enough to reliably use as a metric for determining socionics type. Socionics introversion I would say has to do with having an inward focus whereby the self stands as a constant reference point to all incoming information.

For example, I'd say it's introversion to naturally consider the consciousness or experience of oneself in order to understand everything and make it fit cohesively. At the risk of conflating issues outside the direct scope of the topic, I would probably make the claim that the introverted rational functions often exhibit more of a compartmentalized, systematic character. That is, systems of beliefs or baseline antipathies or sympathies are formulated by the agent and held as something more certain, final, and operates as a fundamental point of view by which future information is compared, evaluated, and either accepted or rejected. Introverted irrational functions seem to be less oriented towards the goal of breaking down perceptions in order to make sense of them but are rather more holistically accepted as 'reality' (or a facet of reality if the perceiver bears the subjectivity of their experience in mind). In other words, the perception carries personal meaning or force absent analytic effort.

Empathetically speaking, there is the need to put yourself in the other person's shoes to speculate what they may be thinking, feeling, or perceiving but always with an eye towards how the world relates to that individual's personal frame of reference. Perhaps this is something along the lines of attributing the basic beliefs or attitudes held in regard to the world and seeing how this might affect their interpretation of a situation, or a more visceral appreciation for the content of their personal experience.

I don't know if this helps you or even vaguely approaches what you were looking for.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because my N is i.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Walk upright compared to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Because my N is i.
    I'm torn between these 2 answers.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume this can also apply to extroverts in terms of "why do you think you're an extrovert?"

My energy levels can be pretty damn high, despite me being so self-involved. I'm constantly seeking stimulation outside of myself, which is a big sign of being an Eysenck-ian extrovert despite not being all that socially oriented.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I talk to myself more than I talk to others. BAM
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Because I talk to myself more than I talk to others. BAM
    Yep.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because I expect others to take the initiative. (But that could be a learned thing).

because I'm naturally in my head/in the clouds a lot. I don't always notice what's going on around me and I don't turn to others for affirmation or stimulation automatically. But lately I've realized the benefits of having others in my life who will pull me out of that inner world.

because I value what goes on inside my mind and heart more than I value what's going on right next to me.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    because I expect others to take the initiative. (But that could be a learned thing).

because I'm naturally in my head/in the clouds a lot. I don't always notice what's going on around me and I don't turn to others for affirmation or stimulation automatically. But lately I've realized the benefits of having others in my life who will pull me out of that inner world.

because I value what goes on inside my mind and heart more than I value what's going on right next to me.
    I agree with all this. I'd also add:

Being alone rejuvenates me and restores my energy.

Lower energy level in general.

Much prefer to work alone than in a team.

Concentrate well on things of interest and resent outside interruptions.

LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I agree with all this. I'd also add:

Being alone rejuvenates me and restores my energy.

Lower energy level in general.

Much prefer to work alone than in a team.

Concentrate well on things of interest and resent outside interruptions.

Yup, though I can't say I remember resenting outside interruptions now.