Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 95

Thread: Based on my five years here

  1. #1
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Based on my five years here...

    I know I've started countless type threads but only recently have I came to understand Socionics better. I feel like the many threads I've started on the the subject are pointless because I didn't understand anything and was basing my type off MBTI. I was tossing around the idea of starting a new thread in hopes that the people here who have been here since the beginning (and the new ones too..although you might not know me well)could give their input.

    Basically, the two types i've been considering are LSI and ESI. I've already settled on LSI as of late but have been wondering if ESI is possible and wanted to get others opinions. I'm not looking for attention, sorry if i've started so many threads on the same subject but i think this could be the last one since i understand it better. That's what i'm hoping, at least. What does everyone think about ESI vs LSI? Or another type?

  2. #2
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...ever considered LSE? j/k, I have no idea, sorry.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  3. #3
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yeah..you reminded me, Maritsa, you can't post in my thread. Thanks.

  4. #4
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can you tell us some things about you like the way that you think and the people that you get along with or are attracted to?

  5. #5
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm going to ask the obvious: in what ways do you think you need Fe, and in what ways do you think you need Te?

    (Fwiw I get the impression you're logical... but last time I was around here a lot I think you were quite adamant and demonstrative about being SLI, so it's kind of hard for me to tell.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  6. #6
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I'm going to ask the obvious: in what ways do you think you need Fe, and in what ways do you think you need Te?

    (Fwiw I get the impression you're logical... but last time I was around here a lot I think you were quite adamant and demonstrative about being SLI, so it's kind of hard for me to tell.)
    It's hard for me to answer your first question because it seems like everyones opinion on the functions are different and if I do say what I like about Fe or Fi, it's bound to turn into another thread where everyone disagrees with each other on what each one means. I guess I was just looking for general impressions. I'm not good at talking about myself, it feels unnatural to me. I can share opinions but when people ask me to desribe myself, it's hard for me.

    When I typed myself SLI, it was because i was going off of MBTI and that typing is completly wrong for me and it's been hard to convince certain people here of that...but whatever, they can have their opinions but I know that I'm not that type.

  7. #7
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    Can you tell us some things about you like the way that you think and the people that you get along with or are attracted to?
    When it comes to friendships, I like straightforward people with good intentions...down to earth, easy to joke around with, doesn't take things personally, not judgemental, laid back and friendly but who doesnt? I guess what i'm trying to say is that one type could perceive one type to be that way and another type could percieve them to be completely different.

  8. #8
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    What does everyone think about ESI vs LSI? Or another type?
    I've always thought that SLI was perfect for you. But I'm only moderately confident about it.

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Oh yeah..you reminded me, Maritsa, you can't post in my thread. Thanks.
    I can post anywhere, Jessica. You're not Hitler and you can't restrict my freedom by using the Gestapo. You're very mean. Get a fucking life. Put me on ignore, put blindfolds on and earplugs that way you will help promote ignorance by actually stunting your own openness to the world of new and changing information.


    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    When it comes to friendships, I like straightforward people with good intentions...down to earth, easy to joke around with, doesn't take things personally, not judgemental, laid back and friendly but who doesnt? I guess what i'm trying to say is that one type could perceive one type to be that way and another type could percieve them to be completely different.

    None of this applies to Socionics types, but you're too closed-minded to listen. What I just said should give you a clue about your type.


    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    It's hard for me to answer your first question because it seems like everyones opinion on the functions are different and if I do say what I like about Fe or Fi, it's bound to turn into another thread where everyone disagrees with each other on what each one means. I guess I was just looking for general impressions. I'm not good at talking about myself, it feels unnatural to me. I can share opinions but when people ask me to desribe myself, it's hard for me.

    When I typed myself SLI, it was because i was going off of MBTI and that typing is completly wrong for me and it's been hard to convince certain people here of that...but whatever, they can have their opinions but I know that I'm not that type.

    There shouldn't be silly disagreements on such things, because Carl Jung is very CLEAR about their meanings.

  10. #10
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    It's hard for me to answer your first question because it seems like everyones opinion on the functions are different and if I do say what I like about Fe or Fi, it's bound to turn into another thread where everyone disagrees with each other on what each one means.
    What's the problem with that? It's necessary, not just avoidable because it's inconsistent. Embrace that fact that we're not a bunch of drones with similar opinion, but also be open to the fact that you might need more opinions on what each type is and then how you fit into that. If you're going to strictly categorize people, then either be sure about it, or get some fresh opinions. Who knows, maybe you aren't Ne valuing if you're not interested in opening another door. I know some people on this forum who type themselves Ne dominant who aren't interested in new opinions...its really funny. And they will keep thinking that due to the inability to see better theoretical options. Is this kind of similar to where you're at, or irrelevant?

  11. #11
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    What's the problem with that? It's necessary, not just avoidable because it's inconsistent. Embrace that fact that we're not a bunch of drones with similar opinion, but also be open to the fact that you might need more opinions on what each type is and then how you fit into that. If you're going to strictly categorize people, then either be sure about it, or get some fresh opinions. Who knows, maybe you aren't Ne valuing if you're not interested in opening another door. I know some people on this forum who type themselves Ne dominant who aren't interested in new opinions...its really funny. And they will keep thinking that due to the inability to see better theoretical options. Is this kind of similar to where you're at, or irrelevant?
    I'm extremely closed off to new opinions and anything new scares me and I hate change with a PASSION.

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    judging type: Settled and decided.

  13. #13
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm pretty sure I was already decided on that...

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good, next step is not to put a label on the functions, associating some to be "good" or "bad" or "evil" etc. There is no such thing. It doesn't matter what quadra your friends or family are in; you don't have to be in the same to enjoy other people's company. That's a level of maturity. Your type is about YOU and how you process information. It's not about discriminating people based on their type.

    Are you an introvert or an extravert? When you walk into a room full of people, are your eyes constantly focused on the scene, who's looking at you and who isn't, who is noticing you and who is wearing what? Or is your attention get pulled into your thoughts and emotions where you miss things on the outside and you get distracted from what's going on?

  15. #15
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    judging type: Settled and decided.
    Well, naturally.

    FWIW, that's much different from "decisive." Decisive/judicious is about the thought-orientation/speed of the decision. Rationality on the other hand is very correlated to keeping to the same settled and decided pattern, staying consistent in one's decision over time. An Ne-creative will often notice other options, but they will not adopt them and "experiment," instead they might think about their meaning and application to their dominant function. This goes back to why I think some people typed Ne-dominant are so full of crap, because they're internally consistent and always defend themselves from things they disagree with. Just read all the IEE and ILE descriptions, it will sound nothing like them, but they won't care: they'll just say "that description is wrong." Getting to my point about you, have you read type descriptions, and which ones have you related to the most? That is very important to consider, in as much as dichotomies and information elements.

  16. #16
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm extremely closed off to new opinions and anything new scares me and I hate change with a PASSION.
    Sounds like idolatrie, when she thought she was LSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  17. #17
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Are you an introvert or an extravert? When you walk into a room full of people, are your eyes constantly focused on the scene, who's looking at you and who isn't, who is noticing you and who is wearing what? Or is your attention get pulled into your thoughts and emotions where you miss things on the outside and you get distracted from what's going on?
    That's too simplistic. I only ever notice the scene and others in it but I'm clearly not an extrovert.

  18. #18
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Well, naturally.

    FWIW, that's much different from "decisive." Decisive/judicious is about the thought-orientation/speed of the decision. Rationality on the other hand is very correlated to keeping to the same settled and decided pattern, staying consistent in one's decision over time. An Ne-creative will often notice other options, but they will not adopt them and "experiment," instead they might think about their meaning and application to their dominant function. This goes back to why I think some people typed Ne-dominant are so full of crap, because they're internally consistent and always defend themselves from things they disagree with. Just read all the IEE and ILE descriptions, it will sound nothing like them, but they won't care: they'll just say "that description is wrong." Getting to my point about you, have you read type descriptions, and which ones have you related to the most? That is very important to consider, in as much as dichotomies and information elements.
    If she's LSE, then all she has to do is keep an open mind and let information in; once she's let information in and accepting of a flow of information, she can begin to see patterns everywhere else. Ne PoLR has much more to do with a person who lacks planning and foresight, instead settling on doing something impulsively and potentially sabotaging or shorting things because it doesn't factor in efficiency of something that is going to be done. For example: My LSI boss rushes to patch things up (notice I didn't say FIX them) when they are needed, resorting to things that are not planed and thought out well hence creating a situation that does not work well. He installed a new internet system for 7 computers; each computer, one by one got a virus, instead of him getting another system, he will take away the privileges (reprimand) each station at a time. He only considered a new system when the situation got bad (as a result of lack of preplanning) where our network was bombarded by viruses (this isn't a good situation and resulted from a lack of efficiency and pre considered or pre cautious steps that could have been taken). He could have, if he were LSE, initially taken steps to reduce the amount of overall effort in the long run to this task, but now he's expanded it, but having Se in his ego block will allow him to exert double energy in installing another system and he can only HOPE that it will WORK; if you're using Te then you're not hoping for anything, you're covering your basis ahead of time, that's being efficient.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-13-2011 at 02:25 PM.

  19. #19
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    That's too simplistic. I only ever notice the scene and others in it but I'm clearly not an extrovert.


    My chemistry teacher used to say KISS (keep it simple stupid). It is simple. Try the simple route as a alternative for now. You're discriminating against yourself. "I'm not this", I must be that because you've decided before hand..

    If you're only here to get support for the type you have picked out for yourself instead of typing yourself then you're doing Se base activity.

    So, stop discriminating and all you have to do is keep it simple (I'm not going to say the stupid part) and go through simple definitions of functions and see which ones you use most of. If you chose your base function and it happens to be, as an example an introverted one, you will ignore the Extravert of that same function. If you want to test this out, find an extravert who uses that function and try to communicate with them; you'll then see that you will have misunderstandings with this person because, subconsciously (litteraly speaking so) you will ignore the gist of what they are telling you. That creates unpleasant encounters and shallow relations with that type because you can never seem to have deep or your preferd type of discussions with them.

    The world won't change for you just because you decided to be either E or I; your relations won't change, your mom or dad will not disown you, you won't hate yourself and anyone who's worth your relations won't discriminate you because of that either.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-13-2011 at 02:37 PM.

  20. #20
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @jessica129
    What's your job in the military? What branch are you in?

  21. #21
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    @jessica129
    What's your job in the military? What branch are you in?
    I load cargo onto the planes. It sucks and I hate it and I'm getting a new job soon, hoping to be an aerial refueler. I'm in the AF. The military thing shouldn't be considered when talking about my type though because I don't like it and I don't like the military mentality--I didn't join for that reason, is what I'm trying to say. Maybe my utter hatred of change is why i hate it so much because I have to pick up every other month and get used to something new and adhere to stupid rules that make no sense whatsoever and treat higher ranks with respect when they don't deserve any. I've gotten in trouble for not adhering to the "rules" countless times ...maybe that's type related?

    Well to clarify, I actually like change after I get into a routine. It's not ALL bad. We all need change to keep things interesting.

    Martisa, I'll respond soon.

  22. #22
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I've gotten in trouble for not adhering to the "rules" countless times ...maybe that's type related?
    Sure, it is. It's kind of surprising you think that way because a stereotype of LSI says that they're practically 'born' for the army. LSI typically don't have issuses with clear hierarchies or obeying orders even if they might not entirely understand the reason for it. There are exceptions of course. However, the attitude you have seems to be more common for LIIs or SLIs (and others), but I don't say you're necessarily one of these two types.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  23. #23
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    The military thing shouldn't be considered when talking about my type though because I don't like it and I don't like the military mentality--I didn't join for that reason, is what I'm trying to say. Maybe my utter hatred of change is why i hate it so much because I have to pick up every other month and get used to something new and adhere to stupid rules that make no sense whatsoever and treat higher ranks with respect when they don't deserve any. I've gotten in trouble for not adhering to the "rules" countless times ...maybe that's type related?
    Yeah, actually that says a lot. I feel ya, though. I'm in the Army and just got back from deployment. Are you someone that respects and listens to people with intelligence/competence over rank/authority?

  24. #24
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    Yeah, actually that says a lot. I feel ya, though. I'm in the Army and just got back from deployment. Are you someone that respects and listens to people with intelligence/competence over rank/authority?
    I see. I'm currently deployed and don't know if I have it in me to do this again. And I only have respect for people that deserve respect...you're not automatically given it and that's what a majority of the people in the military seem to forget. Just because you're a Chief doesn't mean you're immune to making mistakes and doesn't mean I won't call you out on said mistakes. It's worse than jr high, all the bs i have to deal with.

  25. #25
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    And I only have respect for people that deserve respect...you're not automatically given it and that's what a majority of the people in the military seem to forget. Just because you're a Chief doesn't mean you're immune to making mistakes and doesn't mean I won't call you out on said mistakes.
    So describe exactly, if you will, how people earn your respect and the way that people lose it. Is it when they treat you like they want to be treated? When they complete the missions in a timely manner? When they admit when they make a mistake? When they care about the people they are above? What is it?

    Also, just curious, why did you join the military?
    Last edited by Filambee; 02-13-2011 at 04:35 PM.

  26. #26
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    " doesn't take things personally, not judgemental,"

    These as priorities indicates Fe>Fi.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  27. #27
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    So describe exactly, if you will, how people earn your respect and the way that people lose it. Is it when they treat you like they want to be treated? When complete the missions in a timely manner? When they admit when they make a mistake? When they care about the people they are above? What is it?

    Also, just curious, why did you join the military?
    The way they accomplish the mission doesn't mean much to me. I know it's bad, sorry America, i'm your military. HA. It's just a regular job to me. I might as well be sitting behind a desk at another 9-5 job somewhere --oh wait, I AM EXCEPT I WORK NOON TO MIDNIGHT YAY. If I were out killing people or doing something useful, I guess how they accomplished the mission would be important since, well, people could die. What I do now, I don't care at all if the work gets done or if it doesnt. It means nothing to me, hence why i've gotten in so much trouble. At the end of the day, I'm still going back to a shithole either way so why care? Glass half empty

    Work doesn't come into play much when it comes to earning my respect. I view work as work and nothing else. I don't really even take it seriously to be honest with you. It's just a job, not who I am. All I want is someone who treats you the way they want to be treated.

    Oh yeah, I joined because I wanted free schooling and I wanted to travel. I'm traveling alright HA

  28. #28
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @jessica129
    Say there are some morally wrong things going on in your unit, are you the first one to speak up and call them out on it, or do you just let things slide if it doesn't affect you?

  29. #29
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    @jessica129
    Say there are some morally wrong things going on in your unit, are you the first one to speak up and call them out on it, or do you just let things slide if it doesn't affect you?
    It's the military, there's always morally wrong things going on around me at any given time. I ignore them. If it doesn't bother me or affect me directly, I don't care. This is another example of why I don't fit in the military, everyone is so ready to throw the other under the bus and I'm not. What people do in their personal life is not my business, I'm not going to ruin their career because they're "morally" wrong. It's their choice.

  30. #30
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I load cargo onto the planes. It sucks and I hate it and I'm getting a new job soon, hoping to be an aerial refueler. I'm in the AF. The military thing shouldn't be considered when talking about my type though because I don't like it and I don't like the military mentality--I didn't join for that reason, is what I'm trying to say. Maybe my utter hatred of change is why i hate it so much because I have to pick up every other month and get used to something new and adhere to stupid rules that make no sense whatsoever and treat higher ranks with respect when they don't deserve any. I've gotten in trouble for not adhering to the "rules" countless times ...maybe that's type related?

    Well to clarify, I actually like change after I get into a routine. It's not ALL bad. We all need change to keep things interesting.

    Martisa, I'll respond soon.
    Te makes rules and doesn't follow the rules of other and you already know how strongly Te is a routine liking function that likes stability rather than a lot of change. Ne in the subconscious of TeSi seeks interesting things within a seasonable bounds of Te security. "LSEs need a stable environment without sudden, unexpected changes. It takes them a while to get into a "groove" and find their rhythm, and any uncertainty about the future tends to fill them with a dread that makes it hard to be productive at all." wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    It's the military, there's always morally wrong things going on around me at any given time. I ignore them. If it doesn't bother me or affect me directly, I don't care. This is another example of why I don't fit in the military, everyone is so ready to throw the other under the bus and I'm not. What people do in their personal life is not my business, I'm not going to ruin their career because they're "morally" wrong. It's their choice.
    I could very easily take that to be Fi DS

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    The way they accomplish the mission doesn't mean much to me. I know it's bad, sorry America, i'm your military. HA. It's just a regular job to me. I might as well be sitting behind a desk at another 9-5 job somewhere --oh wait, I AM EXCEPT I WORK NOON TO MIDNIGHT YAY. If I were out killing people or doing something useful, I guess how they accomplished the mission would be important since, well, people could die. What I do now, I don't care at all if the work gets done or if it doesnt. It means nothing to me, hence why i've gotten in so much trouble. At the end of the day, I'm still going back to a shithole either way so why care? Glass half empty

    Work doesn't come into play much when it comes to earning my respect. I view work as work and nothing else. I don't really even take it seriously to be honest with you. It's just a job, not who I am. All I want is someone who treats you the way they want to be treated.

    Oh yeah, I joined because I wanted free schooling and I wanted to travel. I'm traveling alright HA
    I think everyone is better motivated by work that's meaningful and accomplishing in some way.

    When you look at an object, do you look at it's shape or do you look at it's other qualities, like appearance; for example, if you saw a box what is the first thing about it that you notice?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-13-2011 at 05:35 PM.

  31. #31
    Juvenile shindaiwa21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Oh yeah..you reminded me, Maritsa, you can't post in my thread. Thanks.
    Because of that you are my dual and we will spawn an army of children that can ignore Maritsa to a degree the world has never yet witnessed. Let the plebeians revel.

    I actually haven't interacted with you enough to be able to contribute anything to this.

    Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

    vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

    dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

    Kraezz: you just have to do the Hitler thing sometimes

  32. #32
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @jessica129
    Is it easy for you to spot illogical/untrue statements that people around you make? Do you ever correct them when they make these statements? What job are you changing to?

  33. #33
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I could very easily take that to be Fi DS
    How? Anyone can come to the conclusion that it's morally wrong to sleep with someone you just met when you have a husband back home, i'm not channeling Fi when I state that fact. It is what it is. Who doesn't think that's morally wrong? That doesn't mean i'm LSE. Please stop, I knew you'd turn this into a debate about how i'm LSE.

  34. #34
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It seems like Maritsa and Jessica don't really get along, so they can't be duals. Also, in my experience, LSEs will respect someone simply because they have rank/authority. LSEs also do not typically disregard the rules. I think LSE is clearly out of the picture for Jessica's type.

  35. #35
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    It's the military, there's always morally wrong things going on around me at any given time. I ignore them. If it doesn't bother me or affect me directly, I don't care. This is another example of why I don't fit in the military, everyone is so ready to throw the other under the bus and I'm not. What people do in their personal life is not my business, I'm not going to ruin their career because they're "morally" wrong. It's their choice.

    I could very easily take that to be Fi DS


    Funny how Maritsa "selectively" bolded & italicized the statement that supports her argument, with utter disregard to Jessica's subsequent statements that she IGNORES and DOESN'T CARE about the moral wrongdoing, which obviously doesn't support Maritsa's argument:

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    It's the military, there's always morally wrong things going on around me at any given time. I ignore them. If it doesn't bother me or affect me directly, I don't care. This is another example of why I don't fit in the military, everyone is so ready to throw the other under the bus and I'm not. What people do in their personal life is not my business, I'm not going to ruin their career because they're "morally" wrong. It's their choice.
    An LSE would care a lot and be bothered by such things.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  36. #36
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    How? Anyone can come to the conclusion that it's morally wrong to sleep with someone you just met when you have a husband back home, i'm not channeling Fi when I state that fact. It is what it is. Who doesn't think that's morally wrong? That doesn't mean i'm LSE. Please stop, I knew you'd turn this into a debate about how i'm LSE.
    That is not my intention. Based on the information about yourself that you are giving, it doesn't seem to lead to any other option. You speak about moral issues as though they are ideal. Idealistic thinking is very much related to Extraverted thinking...Jung says it himself. Types who lack Fi, a function that is concerned with morally good/bad actions are not going to care about what they do and how they do it and often get themselves into trouble. Types who are concerned about it act on it and types who value it admire it in others.

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    An LSE would care a lot and be bothered by such things.
    I don't see why they would be especially if they are in a job that they don't enjoy. That might actually be an indication of Si.

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    It seems like Maritsa and Jessica don't really get along, so they can't be duals. Also, in my experience, LSEs will respect someone simply because they have rank/authority. LSEs also do not typically disregard the rules. I think LSE is clearly out of the picture for Jessica's type.
    LSE are quite capable of making rules and they are not machines, they can very well break them and not follow them if they don't feel good about them or think they are inefficient and a totally unsensable.

  37. #37
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I can post anywhere, Jessica. You're not Hitler and you can't restrict my freedom by using the Gestapo. You're very mean. Get a fucking life. Put me on ignore, put blindfolds on and earplugs that way you will help promote ignorance by actually stunting your own openness to the world of new and changing information.


    America, fuck yeah!

  38. #38
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    I think you (Jessica129) posted a video of yourself playing with your cat. They way you did it made me think you are a caregiver. It doesn't mean LSIs do not play with animals, but that they use a different "mood".

    According to the pics I've seen of you, your posts and the fact that you look very relaxed, I think of SLI.

    You said years ago that you hated your former job (in an office?)and resigned to join the us military: I could think an LSI would say: I WILL fulfill my duty even if it is boring.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  39. #39
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You're not Hitler and you can't restrict my freedom by using the Gestapo. You're very mean. Get a fucking life. Put me on ignore, put blindfolds on and earplugs that way you will help promote ignorance by actually stunting your own openness to the world of new and changing information. None of this applies to Socionics types, but you're too closed-minded to listen. What I just said should give you a clue about your type.
    @Maritsa33
    You and Jessica don't get along!!! You're not duals. It doesn't matter how much you talk about functions. If the relationship doesn't match up, it's not worth crap!

  40. #40
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Slater, how likely is she to be LSE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    @Maritsa33
    You and Jessica don't get along!!! You're not duals. It doesn't matter how much you talk about functions. If the relationship doesn't match up, it's not worth crap!
    She and I get along just fine, you nosy pestering individual!!!! You can't stuff your opinion and make it fly for her own. She has a mind of her own and can decide ON HER OWN. She can tell me herself whether she gets along with me or not. Otherwise, it would help if YOU look for materials pertaining to Socionics type.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •