Thread: Is this text an example of Fi?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Also, what is the age of the person who wrote it? I have an ESE friend with a teenage son who is SLI - I'm quite sure of their types - and she showed me a note he wrote his girlfriend that was every bit as sappy. And I really do think he's an SLI. And depsite the Fe PoLR, he'll say what his girlfriend wants to hear just like every other guy of every other type will.

And yes I know his mom should not be showing his notes around. But she thought it was SO CUTE and she's never seen him SO EMOTIONAL. Poor kid is supervised like crazy by his mom.
    Hahahahahaha...

This sounds like my mother. Except she doesn't show them around; she just tells me about the conversation.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 Guys saying stupid stuff in an attempt to get laid is also not type related.
    Also, what is the age of the person who wrote it? I have an ESE friend with a teenage son who is SLI - I'm quite sure of their types - and she showed me a note he wrote his girlfriend that was every bit as sappy. And I really do think he's an SLI. And depsite the Fe PoLR, he'll say what his girlfriend wants to hear just like every other guy of every other type will.

And yes I know his mom should not be showing his notes around. But she thought it was SO CUTE and she's never seen him SO EMOTIONAL. Poor kid is supervised like crazy by his mom.
    Your view on guys is rather cynical lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Your view on guys is rather cynical lol.
    Well I am in love with a guy you know, but I am also a realist as to their intentions. My husband, and hopefully all guys, are capable of true and deep love. But when they're starting a relationship, I do think they're all kind of in the same place.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's some unclassified manifestation of Alpha absurdity.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You people push away love. Normal people and regular people fall in love just like this. It's not really cheesy, it's just what love feels like. But socionics people, all you guys like to do is like seeing other people fall and distancing yourselves away from others, and debating about stuff on online message boards.

You'd rather argue and get off on the conflict and drama, than fall in genuine love.

I'm not talking about one person individually, I'm talking about most people on this forum.

I'm sure, instead of taking an honest or rational insight into yourselves, you will just want to blame me and think (wrongly) that I'm being too oversensitive and 'IEI fag like.' I'm not really though. I'm just telling you that, most normal people, the average human 'feels love like this.' And they just attach with people normally and connect.

But whatever reason, most of the people on here don't do this.

That's all I'm saying.

The mental world between 'this place' and most of the world is just very different. You guys are slowly self-destructing, where most people are growing and learning to love.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Lol ok Jung in psychological types defines introversion as one focused on "the problem of how to extract libido from the object", which essentially more or less means how does one internalize something external to their subjective self. How can they relate to it on a raw visceral level, and not simply weighing themselves objectively against it.

But that is beside the point of this topic, and beside the point that its fucking hilarious reading this trainwreck... muhaha

Anyways, on topic, I'm going to have to agree more or less with MegaDoomer the standard socionics canned/processed interpretation of Fi is relationship ethics, so typically the most direct way that works is Fi types being aware of where they stand in relationships through feelings. Fi-PoLR usually means for example that you have trouble gauging this, you may assume your on good terms with someone that doesn't even know or like you, you may be rude or oblivious to someone who does like you. That's the standard canned interpretation of Fi and this passage doesn't fit that.

The Jungian interpretation is more nuianced and complex, its concerned with the internalization of feeling. In a sense Fe is taking oneself and weighing oneself against something and extrapolating feelings from that more or less. Not exactly like that, but the idea is to objectify the mood. Feelings don't exist within oneself but are in the air/mood and you are a participant in this mood. The Fi type feelings exist within oneself, deeply and at the visceral level, because libido has been extracted from this object, this air/mood and translated into meaningful depth. The Fi type isn't better at extracting libido, but it has a better focus on that struggle of extracting libido from feelings/moods.

At any rate I find the entire quoted part of the OP disgustingly too sweet. It seems detached from reality, how can one possibly be that happy without literally being forcibly lying to themselves. Reading this feels like a carebear just splooged carmel candy apple coating all over my arm and its burning and engulfing me in a sugary coating of plastic sweetness.... make it stop.
    What would you say about a person that is overly concerned about how they come across? As in, overly concerned about having offended someone? Just curious. And lol @ the carebear comment. It's true, this sort of cheeseball romance thing is so overdone and just wrong.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am in love with a guy you know, but I am also a realist as to their intentions. My husband, and hopefully all guys, are capable of true and deep love. But when they're starting a relationship, I do think they're all kind of in the same place.
    Thing is, I see most girls as being attracted or being taken by guys who aren't into something deep, and then they develop feelings of resentment for the male race once they realize over and over again that those guys just wanted sex or are flaky. There are a lot of more emotionally mature guys out there who aren't looking only for sex, or even wait some time to get that physically intimate to allow for things to develop emotionally, but for some reason, they aren't the attractive ones. What you said just made me think about this, hehe.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-PoLR usually means for example that you have trouble gauging this, you may assume your on good terms with someone that doesn't even know or like you, you may be rude or oblivious to someone who does like you. That's the standard canned interpretation of Fi and this passage doesn't fit that.

So -PoLR means you are vulnerable to assume that someone likes you when you're on bad terms or you assume someone doesn't like you when you're on good terms. You are also susceptible to think someone likes you who is oblivious of your existence or is rude.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You people push away love. Normal people and regular people fall in love just like this. It's not really cheesy, it's just what love feels like. But socionics people, all you guys like to do is like seeing other people fall and distancing yourselves away from others, and debating about stuff on online message boards.

You'd rather argue and get off on the conflict and drama, than fall in genuine love.

I'm not talking about one person individually, I'm talking about most people on this forum.

I'm sure, instead of taking an honest or rational insight into yourselves, you will just want to blame me and think (wrongly) that I'm being too oversensitive and 'IEI fag like.' I'm not really though. I'm just telling you that, most normal people, the average human 'feels love like this.' And they just attach with people normally and connect.

That's all I'm saying.

The mental world between 'this place' and most of the world is just very different. You guys are slowly self-destructing, where most people are growing and learning to love.
    You're right...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

That's all I'm saying.

Well according to the person who received the OP messages, she just recently met the guy and was a little taken back by the overly dramatic way in which this guy wrote. I guess she called it off because of this, lol. I honestly don't feel like anything that the guy said was genuine or real, it feels extremely childish, overdone and phony. If someone talked to me in that way, I'd almost be offended. Sweetie? Darling? And to someone you just met? It's just odd to me. I'd be very uncomfortable. Love takes time and you're not going to convince anyone to fall in love with you by treating them like some delicate flower or whatever.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Thing is, I see most girls as being attracted or being taken by guys who aren't into something deep, and then they develop feelings of resentment for the male race once they realize over and over again that those guys just wanted sex or are flaky. There are a lot of more emotionally mature guys out there who aren't looking only for sex, or even wait some time to get that physically intimate to allow for things to develop emotionally, but for some reason, they aren't the attractive ones. What you said just made me think about this, hehe.
    Well maybe that is what happened to me, but luckily I ended up happily married anyway. You are right though there are a lot of really sweet guys in the world. Even my friend's SLI son - I do think he probably wrote that to get his girlfriend in bed, but on the other hand he is a really really nice young man.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I want to know is what kind of girl falls for a guy that talks like that? If two guys were trying to sleep with me and one talked like the OP and one flat out told me he wanted nothing more than sex, I'd definitely go for the one that was upfront. Not sure why some guys think they have to go to this level to impress girls. Is it so hard to just be yourself?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    If two guys were trying to sleep with me and one talked like the OP and one flat out told me he wanted nothing more than sex, I'd definitely go for the one that was upfront.
    Jessica, I want nothing more than sex with you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Grats, you have more chances than the quoted people .
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    lmao win

What would you say about a person that is overly concerned about how they come across? As in, overly concerned about having offended someone?
    It depends on the situation, sometimes I do that because I'm passive aggressive, I'll rage about something and work myself up too much and then try to talk calm and come across too politically correct.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how all the Fi valuers are saying that the OP quotes are totally Fe, and all the Fe valuers are denying it being anything type-related at all.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i just assumed the text was written by a teenage girl, heh.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I like how all the Fi valuers are saying that the OP quotes are totally Fe, and all the Fe valuers are denying it being anything type-related at all.
    That's because to Fi-valuing thinkers (esp Fe-PoLR) all forms of enthusiasm look cheesy/unwarranted because they are dead inside.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's because to Fi-valuing thinkers (esp Fe-PoLR) all forms of enthusiasm look cheesy/unwarranted because they are dead inside.
    This is a true fact.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    This is a true fact.
    No such thing as a false fact. "[True] [fact]" is redundant.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally I wouldn't humiliate someone like this but it's too funny and hey, we don't know the person. Here's another one...for some reason this girl decided to go on a Valentines date with this guy but comes home and posts his emails online to make jokes about it lol this is so bad. I don't think this craziness can be typed!

Hi beautiful,

Hope you slept well & had sweet Valentine dreams, I know I sure did. Let me know if it's Ok with you if I tell you about them? It's pretty exciting.
    Did you name your new teddy yet? I hope you enjoyed everything last night, as much as possible anyway - and that I didn't scare you off in anyway?
    Everytime I look at you or look into your eyes I get soo excited like none other, you are such a turn on - just can't get enough. I think I like you
    more than you like me...haha. If you ever need to say anything at all to me for any reason just lay it out there, that the best thing for me possible. Hopefully
    everything I'm saying to you here makes sense to you, if not please let me know and I can explain more in depth. You are a very wonderful and georgeous lady!!

Have a good day at work & I'll talk to you again soon

Again Happy Valentine's Day & Thank you for being my beautiful Valentine, and Thanks soo much for the lovely gifts - I really appreciate them

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you secretly want that attention?
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Perhaps you secretly want that attention?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ugh, it's really painful to read stuff like this.
    I think I like you
    more than you like me...
    this person is insecure, needy, unhealthy - and they're probably not really as happy as they're trying to make themselves out to be.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    ugh, it's really painful to read stuff like this.
    this person is insecure, needy, unhealthy - and they're probably not really as happy as they're trying to make themselves out to be.

Yep. Oh the red flags.

Creepy-male

To be honest the passages sound really childish like the way a mom would baby talk a little child... that's what creeps me about it, it characterizes the relationship kind of like mother-child.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129's creepy stalker View Post
    oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to get a better idea of what Fi is so I was searching for some examples online (stolen from another forum, sorry) and thought these were good examples, wanted to see if you guys agreed or not or could possibly tell me what this sort of communication might be?

Another :

Personally, both examples make me want to vomit. Is this Fi?
    Fe, with just a little Fi thrown in right around here:

Just waiting for that next moment with you I have so much anticipation I can hardly wait. Sorry - this is just me speaking from the heart again,
    if you don't agree or just want me to shut-up just say so.
    But overall Fi is more subdued than that. Fe is more obvious about PDA.

And, why is everyone shunning these? Bunch of Serious fags... ._.

I think they're sweet.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 02-14-2011 at 10:52 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't think the text is an example of Fi or Fe. Sappiness is not type related. ;]
    Did Asston or Galen hijack your account?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe. She's just being playful.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao, it's a guy...that's what makes it so creepy and gross.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this person's like a creepy stalker on a Lifetime movie

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    this person's like a creepy stalker on a Lifetime movie
    yeah that's the vibe i got too haha and what makes it a million times worse is that I think this guy is in his thirties. Name your teddy? WTF come on guy. I stopped naming my 'teddy' when i was five.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol....Jessica, doesn't your stalker realised that you are married? :/

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao, it's a guy...that's what makes it so creepy and gross.
    OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha.Wow.

For some reason I can imagine an ESE for the first time in a relationship writing something like that.

ESE's are about the only people on earth that actually LOVE love being showered on them every single moment of every single day. And we have a tendency of thinking that the people we're in a relationship with want that too.

If we aren't shown love and are given negative feedback we can get worried that our partner isn't actually into us, and we end up writing: "are you upset with me, did I say something?" [of course, we can do this with close friends too, it's not just our love interest. But we usually don't care as much about the response from a friend and can be like: "just tell me if you don't want to be friends anymore, I understand, but don't avoid/criticize me in a way that I'm unsure why you're doing what you're doing."]

Also, ESE's usually give a lot of tangible presents and like to cuddle. So, if the guy's doing that as well as talking to her like that I'd say he's ESFj. . . just a thought.

Our top love languages are usually: 1) touch, 2) quality time, (or you could say quantity time as we will suck out all of your free time if you allow us. )

However, I'm surprised he's as pushy as he is when he's obviously noticing negative feedback from his partner. Usually, ESE's back off when we get negative feedback. . . but just a thought.

If I had to guess though, I'd say he's an immature ESE that hasn't found out that the world can be a really cruel place.

I've been in his shoes, and trust me the rejection was devastating. . .

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back!
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Creepy-

Sounds like EXE to me. If it was not those "sweetie", "sexy", "beautiful", which sound gross and formal, the messages would look genuine and sincere to me. I can definitely identify them with Fe Extrovert. Not Fe type remember, SEIs for instance would not verbalize such things, IMO. I didn't read all the posts, but sounds surprising that people don't notice immediately that "gorgeous", "wonderful", "so excited", "the most happy in the world" are rather stereotypical EXE vocabulary.

So the answer is no, it's not Fi but Fe. And tell the bitch to leave the guy alone, I don't understand why she plays with his emotions, this sounds like a creepy pervert game to me. Maybe she has a problem instead.

-- Bolt

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agh, why do I feel embarrassed for other people so easily?

Yeah, it's cringe-worthy, but his heart is in the right place. It's likely quite genuine. *goes to make up more excuses for him*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast