View Poll Results: What is Mountain Dew's type?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTj

1 3.03%
  • ESFj

9 27.27%
  • ENTp

5 15.15%
  • ISFp

0 0%
  • ISTj

1 3.03%
  • ENFj

1 3.03%
  • ESTp

15 45.45%
  • INFp

1 3.03%
  • INTp

0 0%
  • ESFp

5 15.15%
  • ENTj

0 0%
  • ISFj

0 0%
  • ISTp

0 0%
  • ENFp

4 12.12%
  • ESTj

3 9.09%
  • INFj

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Dew's Type

Hybrid View

Creepy-Snaps

Default Mountain Dew's Type

No, not another ranting thread lol. (Even though it could possibly become one, depending how strongly people argue their points on here. )

Professional socionics debate only please. I feel the need to create a thread about my type, rather than "hijack" other threads. Please argue my type here, instead of other threads.

Obviously I still think I'm SLE (ESTp). But I'd just like people to get their opinions out here. I know, while there are those who agree with me (pianosinger, redbaron, twitch, Jarno, Gilly, etc.), there are plenty who disagree with me (Maritsa thinking I'm LSI because of clear Ti leading, WA and Parasite think I'm ILE, The Egbert Human doesn't see Ti, Aleksei (not sure exactly what he thinks, but just disagrees with SLE in general I know), while others like ananke, Mariella, Starfall, Jenna, etc. remain neutral, saying I'm still too new. And there are many of you which I haven't mentioned, and I'm curious to know your opinions as well!

So do you 1)agree with ESTp 2)disagree 3)remain neutral? Again, opinions/debate welcome.

I should also mention, please don't focus too much lately on my blowup about a week ago lol. Like I said before, the real reason wasn't the criticism of my type (although wrong arguments obviously annoy me ), but rather crap that's been going on in my real life lately (changing jobs, argument with the girlfriend, etc. ). So PLEASE consider the entirety of my posts here, over the past several months.

To the people who say, why do I care what others think? If deep down I'm positive I'm SLE? Well, because I'm still new and learning. It's not so set-in-stone yet.

If people would like to ask me questions, like I were a completely new forum member they're trying to type, I will try to respond to them too, when I have time.

If you antagonize me or try to fight with me, harass me, etc., I may just ignore you. And that isn't necessarily because I don't have a better response to top what you said, but simply that I'm taking the high road.

I think that covers everything for now. So, what do you all think?

EDIT:

Added a video.
    Last edited by Snaps; 02-16-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Creepy-male

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    Hey, I'd like you to do more than watch too, ya know. Even if you repeat yourself from before, or just copy/paste your post from the other thread. Why you don't see Ti.

Creepy-Snaps

Poll added. You may select more than one option. Votes are anonymous. Thank you.
    Last edited by Snaps; 02-11-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Creepy-Snaps

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    What the hell, thought I'd toss it out there..
    Nothing wrong with tossing out an idea to get started lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I like you MD, but I'll admit something feels a bit off about SLE for you... can't really put my finger on it.
    I love IEIs. Trying to figure out your feelings/guts and chasing to identify what I can do to solve the problem. Can you think of any reason why it doesn't feel right? What do you think of my posts?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what I know of the cognitive styles, MD's posts, and posts of other members on here, I would like to think that ENTp makes sense for him. The way he argues is very similar to the way other ENTps on here do, which is apparently a causal-determinist style: it's a "let's assume this, then draw direct conclusions from these assumptions" sort of thinking that I've never seen ESTps do and see lots of ENTps do (Gul, Aleksei, Shindaiwa, Gilly to some extent). There seems to be this weird pattern of alphas who think they're ESTp on the grounds that they're "aggressive" or whatever, while the ESTps I've known never attribute those characteristics to themselves, nor have I really seen them be aggressive in the malicious sense that people seem to assume.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Based on what I know of the cognitive styles, MD's posts, and posts of other members on here, I would like to think that ENTp makes sense for him. The way he argues is very similar to the way other ENTps on here do, which is apparently a causal-determinist style: it's a "let's assume this, then draw direct conclusions from these assumptions" sort of thinking that I've never seen ESTps do and see lots of ENTps do (Gul, Aleksei, Shindaiwa, Gilly to some extent). There seems to be this weird pattern of alphas who think they're ESTp on the grounds that they're "aggressive" or whatever, while the ESTps I've known never attribute those characteristics to themselves, nor have I really seen them be aggressive in the malicious sense that people seem to assume.
    Half the people you listed as ENTps are not. And I'm not aggressive in a malicious sense at all. I love people.

And in general, I think a lot of people suspecting me being ENTp... was because I self-typed that way for several months, remember? So it subconsciously affirmed in their minds that I was ENTp. When really that might not be the case.

Describing how I mean "aggressive" can be difficult. Not sure if I even want to try lol, cause it's bound to get misinterpreted at some point.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Half the people you listed as ENTps are not.
    I'm not gonna play this game, but yeah they are.

And in general, I think a lot of people suspecting me being ENTp... was because I self-typed that way for several months, remember? So it subconsciously affirmed in their minds that I was ENTp. When really that might not be the case.
    I didn't pay much attention to your posts several months ago, so that's not part of it for me. I can't say if it's part of it for anybody else either.

Describing how I mean "aggressive" can be difficult. Not sure if I even want to try lol, cause it's bound to get misinterpreted at some point.
    Humor us, not that it'll really matter in the long run.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I like you MD, but I'll admit something feels a bit off about SLE for you... can't really put my finger on it.
    I know what you mean, actually.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Professional socionics debate only please.
    lol, good luck with that.

EDIT: I took a look at your VI thread. Your face expression reminds me of Matt Damon and another guy who I think is SLE.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Lol I know. Figured it was kind of an oxymoron, but I have it in there as kind of a disclaimer at least.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Not sure. Much of your self-presentation here is skewed atm and strikes me as tryhard.
    Yes. Which is why I mentioned to please think of my posts over the past several months, albeit there aren't as many, and the vast majority of my posts have been of late, when I have been stressed with life and everything.

I'd like to think of my posts in the beginning as polite and friendly, although some have mentioned, and I agree with, they are a bit 'superficial' looking back. Although perhaps that's typical of anyone when they're meeting new people. Oh well, no worries mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Glad you hate me btw . Tells me I must be doing something right.
    You're welcome. Sometimes I also enjoy getting a reaction out of people/trolling a bit, but you throw out types for people it seems just to upset them. Get under their skin. It's like you don't even try to honestly evaluate their type.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are probably a LSI E-8. you are very similar to another user here, Jimbean.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I think you are probably a LSI E-8. you are very similar to another user here, Jimbean.
    okay, he does look a little bit like Jimbean. I can see what you're saying with that. I think we need a video to be sure. Jimbean thought for a long time that he was ILE also, remember?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post

EDIT: I took a look at your VI thread. Your face expression reminds me of Matt Damon and another guy who I think is SLE.
    exact same thoughts here on both counts. lol Actually I wasn't thinking of Matt Damon specifically, just that he MD VIs as SLE, imo.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

video would be cool.

I like you MD. Therefore (do you like my professional reasoning here?):

either you are ILE and I am SEI

or

you are SLE and I am IEI.

IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    video would be cool.

I like you MD. Therefore (do you like my professional reasoning here?):

either you are ILE and I am SEI

or

you are SLE and I am IEI.

Ooh lala. Very professional reasoning, yes lol. I'm happily taken right now!

Thank you all for your opinions so far. I gotta go for now, but will try to respond better later.

Note to self: in addition to a video, was suggested in chat (ty Aiss) for a longer writing sample, when I haven't been stressed, as of late. Will try to get a video/writing sample later.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really read your posts that much, so I don't have that great a sense of you. I will say that I think you VI EXTp, and that what little I have read feels more alpha than beta. So I'll tentatively say ENTp, but I'm still very open.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously I still think I'm SLE (ESTp).
    What about a video?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    What about a video?
    Oooh, that's a great idea! Been on my to-do list, but I keep brushing it back. I'll see about making a video soon, actually doing it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm increasingly convinced that MD is ESE. He always seems to have a positive, upbeat attitude and is far more emotive than I'd expect an SLE to be. Example:

You're bothered by my smiling and laughing? Wow. You take life too seriously!!!
    The only other possibilities would be some other SF type.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I'm increasingly convinced that MD is ESE. He always seems to have a positive, upbeat attitude and is far more emotive than I'd expect an SLE to be.
    Does anybody else agree with me? Just curious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If he were then he wouldn't be as good with analyzing things as he is.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was my vote here. You, me and somebody else thinks that at least.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, observations on your video:

-You're a pretty chill person in general, but you can be uncompromising when it comes to certain basic values or expectations of people.
    -You like to stay busy. This is a huge thing with ESEs.
    -You are comfortable interacting with and commenting on your physical environment. In fact this is just about the first thing you say on the video, unprompted!
    -You give a lot of thought to people and your relationships with them. You have a streak of self-sacrifice.
    -You make no mention of socionic categories whatsoever.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-You're a pretty chill person in general, but you can be uncompromising when it comes to certain basic values or expectations of people.
    -You are comfortable interacting with and commenting on your physical environment. In fact this is just about the first thing you say on the video, unprompted!
    -You give a lot of thought to people and your relationships with them. You have a streak of self-sacrifice.
    Se ego types like to stay busy too; they have a lot of energy to expand, even impulsively; he's stated many times that he is impulsive.
    The last is related to Fi.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Se ego types like to stay busy too; they have a lot of energy to expand, even impulsively; he's stated many times that he is impulsive.
    The last is related to Fi.
    I don't disagree with either point, but ESEs seem to have more energy than most ego types, in general. In the context of other things MD has said (being motivated by boredom) ESE seems most likely.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't disagree with either point, but ESEs seem to have more energy than most ego types, in general. In the context of other things MD has said (being motivated by boredom) ESE seems most likely.
    UMM I don't think so; they value Si, pleasure, taking time to relax; that contradicts Se; they demo Se at times, but this demo never overrides ego block functions.

You haven't seen the clip of Swagger Wagon where the mommy needs rest...she highlights that many times in those commercials...that's very consistent with ESE.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESEs value Si, and enjoy relaxing and what-not, but they also have an Ej temperament and do like to keep busy as well. It's like the are careful to schedule in rest time or something, but they keep themselves scheduled. If he is Beta ST, which I can see, I'd say Ep temperament before Ij temperament. Or I can see ESE too. I am neutral as far as that goes.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    after finally watching the video and seeing your irl demeanor, i might actually consider LSE. i'm leaning ESE>LSE. i don't think i could ever see SLE, tbh. i could substantiate my hunch with things that you said in the video but it wouldn't be entirely honest because what most influenced my opinion is your general vibe and how certain little things you said remind me of others i've types xSE and things like that. so i'm sure this is somewhat meaningless to you, lol, but fwiw since you made this thread hah.
    Didn't you / don't you self-type as INFj? What's with everyone typing me as their dual?

For the record, your post is not meaningless to me, quite the contrary. This thread is open indefinitely. Nothing in socionics is 100%. Although I still believe SLE-Se fits best right now, that's subject to change, as new information is added, as you guys make more observations about me.

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    LSE, I'm thinking. My reasoning may seem poor, though, but it's basically the 'feel' I'm getting.

initial post:

I think you are LSE-Si. I don't see irrationality. The opening of the vid was immediately Si and something Si creatives might apologize for (greasy hair and clarifying things like that). The thing about laziness and trash by the trash can is very reminiscent of the LSEs I know who hate it when people don't make that extra effort. The thing about death and planning and not thinking that long term is also very similar to the general way LSEs think about things.

You seem too...I dunno...you don't seem SLE to me. You do seem very active, though, in accomplishing things of real worth. I know my LSE dad is all about doing and doing what derives real value.

I guess it depends what you think what Se leading means and why you think you are SLE versus LSE. But in my limited view, you are more likely LSE.
    What's your self-type, aixelsyd? ESFp, like in your signature? You know, just so I can eliminate any possibly biased reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Aw. You have a big heart. =)

You're a really nice guy. I think you are an estp. Esp. with how angry and emotional you get when people are rude to others.

(ps: No FWIW, I don't have a crush on him and I don't wanna be gay with him. I just think he's estp okay?)
    Thanks for your opinion. Although, overall, the getting angry at people who are rude, I still see fits Se and being protective more... one big reason being, I'm rude to others who need to be put in their place... and see aggression as a means to an end. I'm open and considering it being a form of ethics... much strongly Fe>Fi, of course.

He prefers production in an Se sense, while overlooking Ne and devalues Te...how can he be LSE with that?

And, I have a dual or a Te radar....he's not my dual.
    Your insights have been helpful. I think one huge point you made on this thread, which I've thought about... if I'm ESE, how can I be so darned good at analysis? Not to toot my own horn, but I was a Finance major in university, excelled way ahead of others in all my classes, love tactics/thinking on the fly in video games, especially, love chess, analyzing new problems, etc., and as you pointed out in private messages, my Ti comes across very strongly on lots of my posts here on the forums.

Not saying all that isn't impossible as an ESE, but does seem a bit out of character. And I don't really talk about business/math/etc. on the forums here a lot, so I think those strengths of mine get lost, when others try to type me.

Again, you care about your own point of view rather than listening to me. IDK I'm not talking to you any more. This is WAY too exhausting for me. Conflict relations don't exhaust me as much as you do.
    You've said that many times before, and yet you keep coming back and talking with me. It's almost like you're attracted to me, drawn to me, unable to stop with me. (by the way: )

-You make no mention of socionic categories whatsoever.
    1) Agreed. Can still fit SLE though.
    2) "
    3) Agreed. However, both you and aixelsyd seem to think that's Si, and I'll get to that in a sec, and in my next post.
    4) Not sure. I do give a fair amount of thought towards relationships, but not sure if this is natural, or a by-product of my environment. My parents divorced when I was 10. I've had lots of turmoil with relationships in my life, and that's sort of forced me to give a lot of thought about things, which I may not have normally done.
    5) To be completely honest, it's hard for me to not talk about socionics categories and say what I think things are. I tried really hard, in that video, to not mention anything, so I wouldn't bias people's judgments.

And, ironically, in trying really hard to not bias people's judgments, I accidentally acted unlike my normal self, and ended up biasing people's judgments anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    The opening of the vid was immediately Si and something Si creatives might apologize for (greasy hair and clarifying things like that).
    This post is getting long enough, so I want to address a lot of the specific socionics things, and my reasoning, in a completely separate post.

Creepy-Snaps

It's funny how both thehotelambush and aixelsyd saw the exact same video, saw the exact same phenomena, and attributed it to two different things. aixelsyd saw the opening of the video as Si, in an LSE way, and thehotelambush saw the opening of the video as Si in an Fe, ESE way. When really, as thehotelambush said: "-You are comfortable interacting with and commenting on your physical environment." is actually Se, according to http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml:

I relate strongly with everything there. Now I know it's hard to see my super-aggressive side, when I'm at home, doing videos, or typing on an internet forum. You'll have to take my word for it. In sports, life, doggedly pursuing my goals, living very much in the moment, I am very intense and active in everything I do.

Now, as far as 'cheering people up'... I do have the ability to inspire, motivate other people. A large part of this argument is: is that Se or Fe?

For me, in all the things I do everyday, I still believe that's strongly Se for me. I think Fe types actively intonate their speech and rally people, actively cheer them up, in a way, whereas with Se types, people are drawn to them for their energy, activity, and generally positive attitude.

A great example of this is Buddy Rich. A classic example of an ESTp. I feel I relate more strongly with his carefree attitude yet passion for excellence, than other examples of Fe-leading types.

Compare my link of Se, with what 'http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml' says about Fe:

I'm not going to bash everything there, or say I don't relate to it at all. I do value Fe. In my life, like I said, with my parents divorce, turmoil relationships, I think I've grown and have been forced to think about relationships, when that's not normally my line. Not saying I don't value Fe, I just think, overall, it fits better as a 6th function, for ESTp, and that Se-leading still makes more sense to me, right now.

Just briefly, generally, I'd like to share some of my thoughts, about the following types fitting my personality:

1) ESFj: Can see it, in a way, with my positive attitude, energy, and ability to cheer people up. Having great trouble, however, reconciling it with my strong love/desire to analyze everything. To compare and contrast like everything.

2) ENFj: Similar to my reasons for ESFj, but having trouble seeing myself as an 'intuitive' type, in general. I have trouble sometimes, seeing possibilities, jumping on possibilities in life, seeing how things fit together, holding multiple perspectives, and seeing how things change/develop over time. I'm bad at all of that. I normally develop and stick to my own opinion quite strongly. I'm very action-oriented, living in the moment, tactically inclined. Although I think heavily how things will play out long-term, and I think that's very important, and spend lots of time thinking about it, I gotta admit that I don't feel that great at it.

3) ISTj: I see this as a very likely option, but generally, I just see myself preferring Se over Ti. Again, that's tough to see as I type on an internet forum. But I usually only analyze, or open up, when I see a purpose for it, when I know what someone's motivations are. Ti-creative fits better than Ti-leading. And my energy, constantly scanning my environment, thinking about what I can do with things/objects around me, fits Se-leading more than Se-creative, imho.

4) ESFp: Woah... some people throw this option out for me, as a possibility... but Gamma... REALLY? You really think I'm Fi-valuing? I'M ONE OF THE MOST EXPRESSIVE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!

I really feel that I value Fe>Fi very heavily. Again, I think some people throw out ESFp because they can see/feel the Se. But, that goes back to the argument, Se versus Fe. However, like 80%+ of the people who throw out ideas for my type now, say something in either Alpha or Beta. I think I have Se-leading, but strongly value Fe>Fi. That fits ESTp still.

(edit: Some people say they can see Fi-creative... but I don't normally pay attention to interpersonal relationships... I sat down for lunch with a girl 2 days ago, and forgot I had talked with her already 2 weeks ago, about my life. Just yesterday, when talking with my one friend Andrew and his brother Phil, I forgot that I had talked with Andrew earlier in the week, on Tuesday, at lunch with him and my other friend Matt.

I feel really horrible that I forget I talk with people. I talk with a lot of different people, every day... but still. I forget the feelings of closeness I create with people, and wish I were better at remembering things like that. Since I don't naturally/normally pay attention to interpersonal relationships, or people's feelings, I feel this fits Fi POLR more than Fi creative.)

5) ENFp: Pretty unlikely, again because 1) valuing Fe>Fi and 2) having trouble seeing myself as Intuitive, in general.

6) ESTj: I'm good at Te... but do I value it? ESTj was the type I originally picked, when joining here, a half a year ago. I had quickly changed to ENTp though, for realizing that, although being good at Te, I don't value it nearly as much as Ti!

Even, as I'm typing this, as people like Maritsa/Jarno/Gilly/etc. have pointed out, I'm very much comparing/contrasting different ideas. This whole post is filled with Ti. I have a strong tendency for analysis.

I almost feel like, after typing this, someone like Absurd, a Te-valuer, is going to come in again, like he has on so many of my other threads, and just tell me "don't listen to that person" or "just live your life", or give examples what I need to do, to more efficiently decide my type, instead of analyzing everything. Te, basically, is organizing the outer world, whereas Ti, is organizing the inner world. I strongly prefer Ti, having differences like this, among all the types, firmly decided, as opposed to just going out and doing, being efficient, in a way, like Te-valuers. Te-valuers generally feel my posts, like this, are either overwhelming or unimportant, completely off the main point.

All in all, for those reasons, among others, I very much believe that I have demonstrated I am both Fe-valuing and Ti-valuing. So, at this point, I feel like I can only take suggestions about my type, as something in either Alpha or Beta, seriously. Suggestions for Gamma or Delta seem ludacris to me, as I don't believe I value either Fi or Te.

I have spent many hours looking at, thinking, considering, looking at concrete examples, pretty much everything I know. At this stage, I still feel Se-leading, Ti-creative, Ne-role, Fi-POLR, Ni-suggestive, Fe-mobilizing, Si-ignoring, and Te-demonstrative all make the most sense.

That being said, it's still not set in stone. Although I have considered the arguments now, and still feel ESTp fits most, I do think other types are very much possible.

I have lots of other examples, but I can't type everything I see on an internet forum. I hate saying 'take my word for it', because I'd love to prove it all to you. But this post is getting horrendously long already, and I've already had to make 2 posts... and this is taking up way too much of my time, when I have real-life stuff to be doing, not sitting around on an internet forum talking socionics. =\ (Even though I'd love to, if I had more time!)

Hopefully this answers some of your questions, and gives you all a better perspective, what I think, at least today, on March 7th, 2011. Maybe my opinion will change in several months, but for now, ESTp-Se subtype makes the most sense I believe. Thank you all for reading.

Have a good day everyone!
    Last edited by Snaps; 03-07-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Creepy-Snaps

BUMP! Now that I finished my post, some 2 hours later. Letting you all know it's done, so please read and tell me what you think!

Thanks,
    MD

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations. Your journey is done...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your insights have been helpful. I think one huge point you made on this thread, which I've thought about... if I'm ESE, how can I be so darned good at analysis?
    ok, maybe you are good at analysis, but I would guess that you are actually better at dealing with people and expressing your emotions.

"-You are comfortable interacting with and commenting on your physical environment." is actually Se, according to http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml:
    It suggests sensing in general, it could be or .

I relate strongly with everything there. Now I know it's hard to see my super-aggressive side, when I'm at home, doing videos, or typing on an internet forum. You'll have to take my word for it. In sports, life, doggedly pursuing my goals, living very much in the moment, I am very intense and active in everything I do.
    I don't doubt that; that's consistent with ESE IMO.

Now, as far as 'cheering people up'... I do have the ability to inspire, motivate other people. A large part of this argument is: is that Se or Fe?
    If that is, as you say a "large part of this argument", your argument is deeply flawed, since it's most definitely related to .

For me, in all the things I do everyday, I still believe that's strongly Se for me. I think Fe types actively intonate their speech and rally people, actively cheer them up, in a way, whereas with Se types, people are drawn to them for their energy, activity, and generally positive attitude.
    Hm, the latter stuff could also apply to ESEs.

A great example of this is Buddy Rich. A classic example of an ESTp. I feel I relate more strongly with his carefree attitude yet passion for excellence, than other examples of Fe-leading types.
    no comment.

Not sure. I do give a fair amount of thought towards relationships, but not sure if this is natural, or a by-product of my environment. My parents divorced when I was 10. I've had lots of turmoil with relationships in my life, and that's sort of forced me to give a lot of thought about things, which I may not have normally done.
    My parents got divorced too - it's just not really relevant. Environmental arguments in general seem to be irrelevant to socionic typings.

And, ironically, in trying really hard to not bias people's judgments, I accidentally acted unlike my normal self, and ended up biasing people's judgments anyway.
    Believe me, it's harder to act unlike your type than you think.

4) ESFp: Woah... some people throw this option out for me, as a possibility... but Gamma... REALLY? You really think I'm Fi-valuing? I'M ONE OF THE MOST EXPRESSIVE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!
    SEEs can be expressive, but your point just demonstrates that you probably have very strong . SEE would probably be my second guess after ESE.

I feel really horrible that I forget I talk with people. I talk with a lot of different people, every day... but still. I forget the feelings of closeness I create with people, and wish I were better at remembering things like that.
    Hm, so you're probably better at than . (Which is true of both SLE and ESE.)

That being said, it's still not set in stone. Although I have considered the arguments now, and still feel ESTp fits most, I do think other types are very much possible.
    Good...just keep an open mind.

Creepy-Snaps

Bump.

People keep posting about my type, but in the wrong place. I'll just put their posts here for them. Apparently people still think I'm either Alpha (ESFj or ENTp) Beta (ESTp or ISTj) Gamma (ESFp) or Delta (ESTj or ENFp). Here's a sample of the opinions of the month:

Quote Originally Posted by No Longer a Dating Site View Post
    I thinkyour frustrations come from the fact you are
    Mistyped and didnt meet your dual who would never look at you like a freak as they are all loving and great listeners, the INFjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Even though you may be mistyped as SLE. As I think you VI LSI more than SLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    MD as LSE? that could be possible. I watched his videos again and actually, yeah... could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    The Fe in him is obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Regarding MtDew's type: On the grounds that you're consistent in being a didactic prig I find LSE quite apt for you, particularly since your admonitions rarely deviate from observations so trite as to merit no mention. You read like a self-help pamphlet written for salesmen.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not another ranting thread lol. (Even though it could possibly become one, depending how strongly people argue their points on here. )

Professional socionics debate only please. I feel the need to create a thread about my type, rather than "hijack" other threads. Please argue my type here, instead of other threads.

Obviously I still think I'm SLE (ESTp). But I'd just like people to get their opinions out here. I know, while there are those who agree with me (pianosinger, redbaron, twitch, Jarno, Gilly, etc.), there are plenty who disagree with me (Maritsa thinking I'm LSI because of clear Ti leading, WA and Parasite think I'm ILE, The Egbert Human doesn't see Ti, Aleksei (not sure exactly what he thinks, but just disagrees with SLE in general I know), while others like ananke, Mariella, Starfall, Jenna, etc. remain neutral, saying I'm still too new. And there are many of you which I haven't mentioned, and I'm curious to know your opinions as well!

So do you 1)agree with ESTp 2)disagree 3)remain neutral? Again, opinions/debate welcome.

I should also mention, please don't focus too much lately on my blowup about a week ago lol. Like I said before, the real reason wasn't the criticism of my type (although wrong arguments obviously annoy me ), but rather crap that's been going on in my real life lately (changing jobs, argument with the girlfriend, etc. ). So PLEASE consider the entirety of my posts here, over the past several months.

To the people who say, why do I care what others think? If deep down I'm positive I'm SLE? Well, because I'm still new and learning. It's not so set-in-stone yet.

If people would like to ask me questions, like I were a completely new forum member they're trying to type, I will try to respond to them too, when I have time.

If you antagonize me or try to fight with me, harass me, etc., I may just ignore you. And that isn't necessarily because I don't have a better response to top what you said, but simply that I'm taking the high road.

I think that covers everything for now. So, what do you all think?

EDIT:

Added a video. Answering pianosinger's questions
    You sound like a really down-to-earth, mature guy. You really do have more potential to learn socionics than most people on here. I can also see in di77er or whatever her name's thread that you utilised your understanding well.

FTR, the people you mentioned to be in agreement with you - most of them are also pretty sane and down-to-earth.

The people you mentioned didn't think that - most of them are also off their rocker/opinion = nothing in the socionics community.

Of course both groups could have exceptions. I normally disagree with Maritsa, but recently I've found myself agreeing with her. And from a vibe only, I think LSI is a possibility. You seem quite structured in the way you talk - the Ti is slightly more evident than the Se, and certainly more so than most of the SLEs on or who have been on the forum (including me). You might say this is SLE-Ti, but I mean Ti is more obvious to me than Se. I think this kind of attitude:

"If you antagonize me or try to fight with me, harass me, etc., I may just ignore you. And that isn't necessarily because I don't have a better response to top what you said, but simply that I'm taking the high road. "

Is quite indicative of LSI. it's a kind of pre-emptive assertion that you will not take BS, so don't even bother handing it to me. I envisage an SLE just waiting for BS to be handed to him, then dealing with it there and then. This tactical thinking is also evident here:

"To the people who say, why do I care what others think? If deep down I'm positive I'm SLE? Well, because I'm still new and learning. It's not so set-in-stone yet."

Although this isn't indicative of any particular type - just Beta ST in general I think. This, however, is very LSI IMO:

"the real reason wasn't the criticism of my type (although wrong arguments obviously annoy me )" Ne PoLR par excellence. Your explanation about why you blew up is also very Beta Ti-analytical IMO.

So I'm swaying more to LSI, and I've yet to see you on vid (can't really now, not in the right environment), but I'm open to SLE.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you look like jimbean
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah actually after rereading this thread, watching the video above, and seeing your pics again in the other thread, i'm really REALLY seeing the Colin Firth resemblance now. Especially in that one pic where you're sort of serious in the running shirt, looking off to the side sorta.

I'm thinking u might be IEI actually.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast