EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only when people realize that their own mind shapes what they are looking for will the realize what the nature of their own comprehension.

It's realizing that your very inquiry and 'observance' has created or influenced production and interpretation.

then, derivatives
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's interesting. When we first find an object we like, we think of it in dynamic terms and once the object moves into static field, we soon get tired of it. This may explain Ne in the conscious/subconscious block and why LSE like to experience new things and often impulsively, being a subconscious thing, get themselves into relational problems. Many things must move into static fields, even relations, far too quickly for them and they get tired and want to experience something new. The key and solution would be to try to find a way to associate people with static things. There must be objects a person values so much that they make static...isn't there? Or, is the nature of dynamics such that one never ever wants anything static.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-10-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WANK WANK WANK
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Pirsig's metaphysics of quality on Wikipedia
    The MOQ incorporates facets of East Asian philosophy, Pragmatism, the work of F. S. C. Northrop, and Indigenous American philosophy. Pirsig argues that the MOQ is a better lens through which to view reality than the traditional dualistic subjective/objective mindset found in the West.
    Just read the whole thing... so basically there is no bad/good, but just an overall whole? Sounds kind of like yin/yang philosophy. Guess they do incorporate "East Asian philosophy" as they say.

But one thing I'd like to point out. THE WEST DIDN'T INVENT SOCIONICS. If anything, Pirsig should go argue with the Russians.

Sounds like very hippy, liberal, feel-good, love-each other euphoria. 'There can be no good/bad, man, you can't judge my opinion, you don't know me mannnn' expanded into a non-drugged up, more formal argument of 'Because we're all made of atoms, we're all living creatures, and should not rate the quality of each other's thoughts but rather appreciate each other for our collective processes.' ............ Pirsig should get bitch-slapped with a dose of reality, imho.