User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: What's up Socionists?

  1. #1
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's up Socionists?

    So I started out with MBTI but I found that I like Socionics a lot more because so far it seems more accurate to me. After being ambushed by many "ISFP" members when I posted a thread harmlessly questioning their type on the personality cafe site, I decided to quit that forum and find refuge with a community that shared a more similar perspective on personality types. I'm hoping I can learn and share some valuable information, observations, and experiences with all of you.

  2. #2
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Willkommen!
    Another German? Wow, the second one this month if I remember correctly. I had a very similar way like you to this forum. Started with some MBTI-like test, got to know MBTI itself and I even had an account in the personality cafe. And I also agree, Socionics really seems to be the best of the C.G. Jung-based typologies.

    Take a look around and have fun.

    EDIT: No, the other one joined in January. You're the first one this month. :wink:
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  3. #3
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Welcome FB
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  4. #4
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Willkommen!
    Another German? Wow, the second one this month if I remember correctly.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not German. I'm an American soldier stationed in Germany.

  5. #5
    not gonna be around as much anymore
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Welcome! I started out on PersonalityCafe a while back, too. I don't think you will regret the switch
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

  6. #6
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not German. I'm an American soldier stationed in Germany.
    Haha, I'm not disappointed, don't worry. I already wondered because you seem to use the english language in a totally non-awkward way, unlike many Germans (including myself) sometimes. I hope you like the place you're stationed.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  7. #7
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hola!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  8. #8
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    i feel funny being called a "socionist" welcome to the forum Filambee.

  9. #9
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    So I started out with MBTI but I found that I like Socionics a lot more because so far it seems more accurate to me. After being ambushed by many "ISFP" members when I posted a thread harmlessly questioning their type on the personality cafe site, I decided to quit that forum and find refuge with a community that shared a more similar perspective on personality types. I'm hoping I can learn and share some valuable information, observations, and experiences with all of you.
    I spent a lot of time in Personalitycafe some 2 years ago. But when I got more into socionics there was no point in staying there anymore. The change came quite rapidly because I had some experiences in my life that made me realize that Socionics is worth taking seriously.

    What made you question the type of the "ISFP"s?

    Welcome.

  10. #10
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    What made you question the type of the "ISFP"s?
    Before I say anything, I just want you to know that I don't want to offend anyone or cause an uproar.
    The ISFPs that I know personally are not at all like the "ISFP"s online. That's what made me question their type. The "ISFP"s that I encountered online were very good writers. They had interests in more academic subjects like literature, philosophy, and other languages, similar to INFPs. In other words, they were book smart.

    In a few posts, there were some "ISFP" youtube videos. Other "ISFP"s were saying that they could relate to them because they had similarities with facial expressions and other movements. The "ISFP"s in the youtube videos are so similar to INFPs that I know and not at all like the ISFPs that I know. The ISFPs that I know personally are not book smart. They are common sense smart, though. I was talking to my friend, Jeff (ISFP) the other day and he said that he does not like to write and he does not like to read. He never reads outside of college assignments. He told me that writing is a skill that he needs to improve.

    ISFPs that I know are very simple. When I posted this online along with ISFPs being very common sense smart but not at all book smart, the "ISFP"s were offended, they started to defend why they were in fact ISFPs, and they pretty much said I was generalizing and didn't know what the hell I was talking about. Someone even accused me of making up one of the messages Jeff wrote me that I posted. They said that I made it up just to "prove my point."

    With MBTI, I can't use the fact that they argued with me to further prove my point that they were not ISFPs. If they were really my dual, it wouldn't have gotten so bad like that. I don't think that many of them understood the nature of being Sensing compared to Intuitive. I guess with MBTI, anyone can be what they want to be. With Socionics, you can double check people in regard to their relationships with other types.

  11. #11
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    With Socionics, you can double check people in regard to their relationships with other types.
    yep, very true, except it doesn't work as well on the internet as it does in real live.

  12. #12
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    Before I say anything, I just want you to know that I don't want to offend anyone or cause an uproar.
    Not at all.

    The ISFPs that I know personally are not at all like the "ISFP"s online.
    I agree with some things you say about SEIs, but I do think you are generalizing a little. I agree that if you pick a random SEI he is most likely not in an academical field. But the SEIs (the correctly typed) you find in a psychology forum, might not be very representative for the common SEI. SEIs can actually sometimes be good writers because they like to express themselves, but their language is not as abstract as for example IEIs. I once had an identical (SEI) girlfriend who expressed herself beautifully in writing. Her language was soft and emotional, full of Si, but not abstract.

    Of course the people you were referring to might still be mistyped, I know nothing about that.

    In a few posts, there were some "ISFP" youtube videos.
    You have a link? Whould be cool to watch.

    If they were really my dual, it wouldn't have gotten so bad like that.
    duality doesn't always go by the book, especially not online.

    With Socionics, you can double check people in regard to their relationships with other types.
    Yes!! And that's great!

  13. #13
    Filambee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    You have a link? Whould be cool to watch.



  14. #14
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh that guy. We've had that posted already a while ago on this forum.

    He seems SEI (ISFP) to me, for as far as I can tell by that one video.

    I just watched the girl video, she seems also SEI (ISFP) to me.

    Well just my 2 cents..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •