Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Socionics becomes a mainstream thing

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If Socionics becomes a mainstream thing...

Imagine:

-The European Union sacks Lithuania for valuing extroverted ethics

-NBA Playoffs 2020

The Los Angeles Creative at Minnesota POLR: odds are against the latter

-From: "everything has two sides" to "everybody has a polr"

-From "better safe than sorry" to "use your introverted intuition"

-From "love is blind" to "duality provides psychological comfort"

-From "the way towards a man's heart is through the stomach" to "feed the dual seeking function of an ILE"
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-male

It's a Brave New World

from "don't get mad, get revenge", to "don't get mad, hit their PoLR"

from "it takes all types", to "STAY WITHIN YOUR QUADRA, SHUN YOUR CONFLICTOR!"

from "dances to the beat of their own drummer", to "Ixxp type of the opposing quadra"

from "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.", to "I'm considering re-typing to be your dual"

from "do or do not, their is no try", to "Lol get more Se newb, your so alpha/delta"

from "I love you", to "my base function complements your suggestive perfectly and vice versa!"

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    from "I love you", to "my base function complements your suggestive perfectly and vice versa!"
    What about non-dual love?

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I think everything would be segregated along quadra lines. Betas would all move to Germany and deltas would all move to Australia etc.
    Actually, I don't want to move, I like Beta-land. Besides that: where would you put Alphas? The moon?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from "dances to the beat of their own drummer", to "Ixxp type of the opposing quadra"

from "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.", to "I'm considering re-typing to be your dual"
    LMAO

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Besides that: where would you put Alphas? The moon?
    Austria (Österreich), Canada (Canada), South Korea, Ireland, Eastern United States?, Gaul (Asterix), The Middle Earth, Disneyland, etc
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-male

I think australia is pretty Alpha-friendly because of how informal fuckin' everything is round here.

Either that or NZ amongst the kiwis.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type discrimination lawsuits would probably be rampant.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

affirmative action to make sure ISFps are equally represented among scientists and director boards.

in fact, let's keep socionics a secret, ok?

Japan's pretty Alpha. Much more cheerful than Australia. Deltas and Gammas keep everything running smoothly in the background so Alphas can eat and go on awesome game shows.
    Japan is a weird mess of contradictions. The game show thing is done in the context of a very gamma/beta ish competitive atmosphere and a climate where one's employment determines a huge element of one's social life. It's almost as if the fun and games thing exists to balance what Japan really is about.

also associating fun and games with alpha is sort of overdone and overrated. A lot of that game show stuff just looks obnoxious to me as an alpha.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    Yeah... types will be the new 'races' then and uneducated minds will use them to discriminate others. Unfortunately, that's a very realistic scenario. Also, if socionics would be taken seriously by everyone, some employers may look at your type instead of your actual qualifications. That means if you're a LII you won't find a job as cook or they won't let a SEE be a scientist, no matter what they actually can do. Aristocracy – everywhere.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a Brave New World

from "don't get mad, get revenge", to "don't get mad, hit their PoLR"

from "it takes all types", to "STAY WITHIN YOUR QUADRA, SHUN YOUR CONFLICTOR!"

from "do or do not, their is no try", to "Lol get more Se newb, your so alpha/delta"

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    also associating fun and games with alpha is sort of overdone and overrated.
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Yeah... types will be the new 'races' then and uneducated minds will use them to discriminate others. Unfortunately, that's a very realistic scenario.
    It's already happening. IQ tests.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

affirmative action to make sure ISFps are equally represented among scientists and director boards.
    heh, but would the SEIs really care enough?

If there was a way to type 100% accurately, people would probably split up into camps:

1) quadra/dual cultism
    2) Socionics Considered Harmful [reactionaries]

The rest really depends on how successful cultism is.

Without accurate typing, it would probably serve the same function as MBTI, but with more applications to relationships and counseling.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    It's already happening. IQ tests.
    Yes, exactly. Or the several other, non-coherent (meaning: not part of a whole typology) personality tests which are already in use. However, socionics would give enough facts to judge people in so many more ways. I could even imagine self-help groups and courses like "how can I be a Thinking type" or "Emotion required: become a Feeler in six weeks"... you may laugh but that's not unlikely.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Imagine:

-The European Union sacks Lithuania for valuing extroverted ethics

-NBA Playoffs 2020

The Los Angeles Creative at Minnesota POLR: odds are against the latter

-From: "everything has two sides" to "everybody has a polr"

-From "better safe than sorry" to "use your introverted intuition"

-From "love is blind" to "duality provides psychological comfort"

-From "the way towards a man's heart is through the stomach" to "feed the dual seeking function of an ILE"

Considering the way the Timberwolves have been playing this year, PLR is a totally appropriate name.

also associating fun and games with alpha is sort of overdone and overrated. A lot of that game show stuff just looks obnoxious to me as an alpha.
    Yeah, some people seem to forget LIIs are also in this quadra.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha SF's are already represented pretty heavily in sci-math IME.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all seriousness if Socionics became wide spread I could see it causing more harm than good; all sorts of forced alliances and other "us against them" mentalities. I realize people do this anyways, subconsciously, but it would likely be even worse if there was leverage for it

EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

These are great.
    Don't we already do this?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type is already widespread via MBTI. The relation side of type isn't taken that seriously.

Socionics asserts a lot of "shoulds"... people don't like it when C-subtypes hand down "shoulds". The only things they want from C-subs are explanations.

The explanatory power of socionics needs to be asserted more boldly.

Here's a question for you: how would a socionics researcher get people in power -- or who want power -- to listen to them? How would a researcher show that their explanations are relevant and meaningful?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, the Gammas and Deltas keep everything going.
    I would never have a gamma or delta "keep anything going" for me. That is a complete misrepresentation of what the relation between quadras is about. It's also a misrepresentation of what is going on in Japan.

I disagree with the Se atmosphere - in Japan, most of the game show "competitors" are semi-professional, so unlike American game shows it's not about winning. It's more about running around in a crazy costume trying to put people in cages.
    Not from the stories I've heard. The performance in these competitions can shape the reputation of companies and for individuals to perform badly in them often causes them to incur the anger of their peers. The competitions are taken very seriously.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Four continents

Alphaplace
    Betatown
    Gammaland
    Deltaville
    (or something better sounding)

and when youre born they test your type, then you go to live under dual parents of your quadra and grow up on their continent with everyone in your own quadra. Each of the four society continents will end up being unique and special. The continent of your quadra will have the highest chance of being the most pleasing to you/best place to grow up, develop and live your life. Marry your dual, adopt children of your own type and have a happy family, and extended family. Alpha and Gamma will be furthest continent away from one another, as will Beta and Delta.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poli I actually came up with a game one time which had four "quadra zones" as an element of the story. "Socionics gone mad" was the theme.

Creepy-Snaps

First, I'd like to say change like this scares me. =\

Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    Yes, I could see this being used in universities and work a lot, as colleges/employers aim for more diversification.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    In all seriousness if Socionics became wide spread I could see it causing more harm than good; all sorts of forced alliances and other "us against them" mentalities. I realize people do this anyways, subconsciously, but it would likely be even worse if there was leverage for it

Agreed. It's a psychological concept, that whenever humans are split, classified, or grouped, people tend to favor and prefer those in their own group. (Basis behind racism, sexism, ageism, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Four continents

Alphaplace
    Betatown
    Gammaland
    Deltaville

and when youre born they test your type, then you go to live under dual parents of your quadra and grow up on their continent with everyone in your own quadra. Each of the four society continents will end up being unique and special. The continent of your quadra will have the highest chance of being the most pleasing to you/best place to grow up, develop and live your life. Marry your dual, adopt children of your own type and have a happy family, and extended family. Alpha and Gamma will be furthest continent away from one another, as will Beta and Delta.
    Hmm.

I really think a lot of people are getting carried away about the "optimal" society, if people were around only those in their quadra... I don't think everything would be happier.

To be honest, I think how things are right now is optimal. Surely everybody here has personal friendships with those outside their quadras, right? I have a pretty diverse group of friends myself. I think, considering each quadra values certain functions highly, we need to have a decent balance of every function.

Interacting and "getting along" with people unlike you, or who approach things completely differently, will forever be discomforting; but sometimes a little psychological discomfort can give you a new perspective, and help growth.

More practically, I think the marriage screening/typing could be useful, for important relationships, or maybe for choosing a company to work for, seeing the breakdown by % of what your coworkers would be.... but segregating entire societies? More harm than good. We all need each other.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Hmm.

I really think a lot of people are getting carried away about the "optimal" society, if people were around only those in their quadra... I don't think everything would be happier.

To be honest, I think how things are right now is optimal. Surely everybody here has personal friendships with those outside their quadras, right? I have a pretty diverse group of friends myself. I think, considering each quadra values certain functions highly, we need to have a decent balance of every function.

Interacting and "getting along" with people unlike you, or who approach things completely differently, will forever be discomforting; but sometimes a little psychological discomfort can give you a new perspective, and help growth.

More practically, I think the marriage screening/typing could be useful, for important relationships, or maybe for choosing a company to work for, seeing the breakdown by % of what your coworkers would be.... but segregating entire societies? More harm than good. We all need each other.
    Gay.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Four continents

Alphaplace
    Betatown
    Gammaland
    Deltaville

Haha that would be like paradise, family life with an LII dad and ESE mom, meet a hot SEI. Work alongside ILEs and LIIs, etc etc...

Alphaplace would be all leisurely and have a bunch of creativity and science.

Betatown would be all artistic but also pretty fucking epic and aristocratic.

Gammaland would be an industrial/political giant, but rather democratic and free.

Deltaville would be a lazy farm town or seaside town, with conventional authority and a stable social structure.

Eventually though, betatown would invade gammaland for industrial strength and alphaplace for scientific innovation, gammaland would invade betatown for labor and deltaville would be industrialized. Etc etc and I could see the whole thing falling apart. Both alphaplace and deltaville would resist being pushed and invaded and loose their ability for stability and creativity, they'd also refuse to work together with each other because alphaplace would view delta as too serious and delta would view alphaplace as too childish.

The war against betatown and gammaland would be epic, the gammaland would be all democratic, but a huge industrial giant, people working in the factories.... the betas would be all aristocratic and epic.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's a completely incorrect representation. Obviously it's an oversimplification.

In research, for example, what I've seen is: Alpha NTs come up with ideas, get started on them, get interested in a new idea, do enough work on the old idea to get published, move on to work on the new idea. Gamma NTs tend to use the same idea for years and optimise it, publish lots of papers on the same idea, go through the years of patenting paperwork, found a start-up company and take it to market. If the Alpha collaborates with a company, they eventually drift towards an advisory role, or back into research. In other words, the Alpha NTs flourish at turning the concrete into the abstract, while the Gamma NTs turn the abstract into the concrete.
    It doesn't matter if it's accurate or not as long as it makes you feel better to repeat it, does it?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And very worse scenario is that there aren't enough dual pairs (N types) to go around, so I can see S types really going into war with one another over mating...if there was separation in quadra and grouping together. That would be sad.

Sorry to be such a downer to your Fe moment. But the possible development of this scenario is rather bothersome to my Fi - the hope I have for our humanity.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-bg

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha that would be like paradise, family life with an LII dad and ESE mom, meet a hot SEI. Work alongside ILEs and LIIs, etc etc...

Alphaplace would be all leisurely and have a bunch of creativity and science.

Betatown would be all artistic but also pretty fucking epic and aristocratic.

Gammaland would be an industrial/political giant, but rather democratic and free.

Deltaville would be a lazy farm town or seaside town, with conventional authority and a stable social structure.

Eventually though, betatown would invade gammaland for industrial strength and alphaplace for scientific innovation, gammaland would invade betatown for labor and deltaville would be industrialized. Etc etc and I could see the whole thing falling apart. Both alphaplace and deltaville would resist being pushed and invaded and loose their ability for stability and creativity, they'd also refuse to work together with each other because alphaplace would view delta as too serious and delta would view alphaplace as too childish.

The war against betatown and gammaland would be epic, the gammaland would be all democratic, but a huge industrial giant, people working in the factories.... the betas would be all aristocratic and epic.
    I never thought about it that way. That would be totally awesome.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    lol is that chuck norris on the truck?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics needs some marketing in order to become a mainstream topic, just like how marketing had benefited in MBTI.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I never thought about it that way. That would be totally awesome.
    It sounds cool, but only if this world is a peaceful one. All this reminds me of that Avatar Anime, the stereotypic nations and the peoples who all belong to one Element. At some point, one of the quadras might realise their power and starts to take over.

At the other handside, I'd be really interested in the typical daily routine, the style of government, the cities and the culture of the four countries.

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Socionics needs some marketing in order to become a mainstream topic, just like how marketing had benefited in MBTI.
    That guy who founded that German socionics forum also wants to create a company as the 'official' German socionics source. The typology is even less known here compared to the USA and I'm not sure if this will be a success.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer

At the other handside, I'd be really interested in the typical daily routine, the style of government, the cities and the culture of the four countries.
    Yes. If not actual governmental states, quadra hubs would be amazing.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any need for that sort of attack? I was merely clarifying my point so that labcoat, whose opinion I respect, can correct my understanding and help me learn.
    I'm not going to sugar-coat it when I find someone disguising their personal prejudice as "objective" information, if only for the sake of others who stumble upon it.

(Also, until you replied, I subconsciously thought it was someone else's post, with whom I previously clashed on this matter. But that's beyond the point.)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

omg, the idea of quadra states is totally creepy wtf. this makes me hope socionics never becomes popular.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm going to die laughing.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    omg, the idea of quadra states is totally creepy wtf. this makes me hope socionics never becomes popular.
    Why? An Alpha state would be really sweet.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    Why? An Alpha state would be really sweet.
    how would it keep going - children separated from their parents and placed somewhere until their type is determined and they are shipped off to the right quadra? i mean the idea is amusing and all but it seems like some people are taking it seriously? maybe that was just tcaud tho.

Creepy-bg

how would it keep going - children separated from their parents and placed somewhere until their type is determined and they are shipped off to the right quadra? i mean the idea is amusing and all but it seems like some people are taking it seriously? maybe that was just tcaud tho.
    I wonder if they would perform IM circumcisions to keep the unwanted types in line.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I wonder if they would perform IM circumcisions to keep the unwanted types in line.
    and when children hit puberty a major rite of passage is to get the IM symbols for their ego block tattooed on their forehead for ID purposes.

it will obviously never happen. i'm just disturbed on principle heh.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg, the idea of quadra states is totally creepy wtf.
    Yeah, I also don't like the concept of seperating children from their parents because of their type. It reminds me too much of Karl Marx' idea of Communism. But otherwise, I think quadra states would make an interesting experiment because I'd like to see an Alpha-ruled Technocracy. :wink:
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-male

Lol what?

I wouldn't think enforcing Quadra states would be very intelligent

One thing that naturally happens in any fluid community system (due to lack of overarching structure) is that individuals will disagree with one another and coalesce into new communities.

Having socionics widespread would allow this to happen more easily. The disaffected could easily move to more amenable Quadra-states (though that does open an equal amount of potential for easy ostracism...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast