Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 69

Thread: If Socionics becomes a mainstream thing

  1. #1
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default If Socionics becomes a mainstream thing...

    Imagine:

    -The European Union sacks Lithuania for valuing extroverted ethics

    -NBA Playoffs 2020

    The Los Angeles Creative at Minnesota POLR: odds are against the latter

    -From: "everything has two sides" to "everybody has a polr"

    -From "better safe than sorry" to "use your introverted intuition"

    -From "love is blind" to "duality provides psychological comfort"

    -From "the way towards a man's heart is through the stomach" to "feed the dual seeking function of an ILE"
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  2. #2
    Creepy-male

    Default

    It's a Brave New World



    from "don't get mad, get revenge", to "don't get mad, hit their PoLR"

    from "it takes all types", to "STAY WITHIN YOUR QUADRA, SHUN YOUR CONFLICTOR!"

    from "dances to the beat of their own drummer", to "Ixxp type of the opposing quadra"

    from "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.", to "I'm considering re-typing to be your dual"

    from "do or do not, their is no try", to "Lol get more Se newb, your so alpha/delta"

    from "I love you", to "my base function complements your suggestive perfectly and vice versa!"

  3. #3
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default



    I think everything would be segregated along quadra lines. Betas would all move to Germany and deltas would all move to Australia etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  4. #4
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    from "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.", to "I'm considering re-typing to be your dual"
    So true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  5. #5
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    from "I love you", to "my base function complements your suggestive perfectly and vice versa!"
    What about non-dual love?

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I think everything would be segregated along quadra lines. Betas would all move to Germany and deltas would all move to Australia etc.
    Actually, I don't want to move, I like Beta-land. Besides that: where would you put Alphas? The moon?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  6. #6
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,621
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    from "dances to the beat of their own drummer", to "Ixxp type of the opposing quadra"

    from "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.", to "I'm considering re-typing to be your dual"
    LMAO

  7. #7
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Besides that: where would you put Alphas? The moon?
    Austria (Österreich), Canada (Canada), South Korea, Ireland, Eastern United States?, Gaul (Asterix), The Middle Earth, Disneyland, etc
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  8. #8
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I think australia is pretty Alpha-friendly because of how informal fuckin' everything is round here.

    Either that or NZ amongst the kiwis.

  9. #9
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Austria (Österreich), Canada (Canada), South Korea, Ireland, Eastern United States?, Gaul (Asterix), The Middle Earth, Disneyland, etc
    Japan's pretty Alpha. Much more cheerful than Australia. Deltas and Gammas keep everything running smoothly in the background so Alphas can eat and go on awesome game shows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  10. #10
    Juvenile shindaiwa21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type discrimination lawsuits would probably be rampant.

    Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

    vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

    dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

    Kraezz: you just have to do the Hitler thing sometimes

  11. #11
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    affirmative action to make sure ISFps are equally represented among scientists and director boards.


    in fact, let's keep socionics a secret, ok?

    Japan's pretty Alpha. Much more cheerful than Australia. Deltas and Gammas keep everything running smoothly in the background so Alphas can eat and go on awesome game shows.
    Japan is a weird mess of contradictions. The game show thing is done in the context of a very gamma/beta ish competitive atmosphere and a climate where one's employment determines a huge element of one's social life. It's almost as if the fun and games thing exists to balance what Japan really is about.

    also associating fun and games with alpha is sort of overdone and overrated. A lot of that game show stuff just looks obnoxious to me as an alpha.

  12. #12
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    Type discrimination lawsuits would probably be rampant.
    Yeah... types will be the new 'races' then and uneducated minds will use them to discriminate others. Unfortunately, that's a very realistic scenario. Also, if socionics would be taken seriously by everyone, some employers may look at your type instead of your actual qualifications. That means if you're a LII you won't find a job as cook or they won't let a SEE be a scientist, no matter what they actually can do. Aristocracy – everywhere.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  13. #13
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    It's a Brave New World



    from "don't get mad, get revenge", to "don't get mad, hit their PoLR"

    from "it takes all types", to "STAY WITHIN YOUR QUADRA, SHUN YOUR CONFLICTOR!"

    from "dances to the beat of their own drummer", to "Ixxp type of the opposing quadra"

    from "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.", to "I'm considering re-typing to be your dual"

    from "do or do not, their is no try", to "Lol get more Se newb, your so alpha/delta"

    from "I love you", to "my base function complements your suggestive perfectly and vice versa!"


    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    also associating fun and games with alpha is sort of overdone and overrated.
    Right.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Yeah... types will be the new 'races' then and uneducated minds will use them to discriminate others. Unfortunately, that's a very realistic scenario.
    It's already happening. IQ tests.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  14. #14
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,621
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    affirmative action to make sure ISFps are equally represented among scientists and director boards.
    heh, but would the SEIs really care enough?

    If there was a way to type 100% accurately, people would probably split up into camps:

    1) quadra/dual cultism
    2) Socionics Considered Harmful [reactionaries]

    The rest really depends on how successful cultism is.

    Without accurate typing, it would probably serve the same function as MBTI, but with more applications to relationships and counseling.

  15. #15
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    It's already happening. IQ tests.
    Yes, exactly. Or the several other, non-coherent (meaning: not part of a whole typology) personality tests which are already in use. However, socionics would give enough facts to judge people in so many more ways. I could even imagine self-help groups and courses like "how can I be a Thinking type" or "Emotion required: become a Feeler in six weeks"... you may laugh but that's not unlikely.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  16. #16
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Imagine:

    -The European Union sacks Lithuania for valuing extroverted ethics

    -NBA Playoffs 2020

    The Los Angeles Creative at Minnesota POLR: odds are against the latter

    -From: "everything has two sides" to "everybody has a polr"

    -From "better safe than sorry" to "use your introverted intuition"

    -From "love is blind" to "duality provides psychological comfort"

    -From "the way towards a man's heart is through the stomach" to "feed the dual seeking function of an ILE"



    Considering the way the Timberwolves have been playing this year, PLR is a totally appropriate name.

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    also associating fun and games with alpha is sort of overdone and overrated. A lot of that game show stuff just looks obnoxious to me as an alpha.
    Yeah, some people seem to forget LIIs are also in this quadra.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  17. #17
    Juvenile shindaiwa21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alpha SF's are already represented pretty heavily in sci-math IME.

    Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

    vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

    dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

    Kraezz: you just have to do the Hitler thing sometimes

  18. #18
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In all seriousness if Socionics became wide spread I could see it causing more harm than good; all sorts of forced alliances and other "us against them" mentalities. I realize people do this anyways, subconsciously, but it would likely be even worse if there was leverage for it

    from "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.", to "I'm considering re-typing to be your dual"
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  19. #19
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    These are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    from "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.", to "I'm considering re-typing to be your dual"
    Don't we already do this?

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  20. #20
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Japan is a weird mess of contradictions. The game show thing is done in the context of a very gamma/beta ish competitive atmosphere and a climate where one's employment determines a huge element of one's social life. It's almost as if the fun and games thing exists to balance what Japan really is about.
    Like I said, the Gammas and Deltas keep everything going.

    I disagree with the Se atmosphere - in Japan, most of the game show "competitors" are semi-professional, so unlike American game shows it's not about winning. It's more about running around in a crazy costume trying to put people in cages.

    Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Yeah, some people seem to forget LIIs are also in this quadra.
    You probably need to be dragged out of your comfort zone by an overenthusiastic ESE. My ESE mother got my LII dad to act in some comedy sketches, he wrote most of the jokes and loved it (though perhaps not as much as fixing everyone's computers). *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type is already widespread via MBTI. The relation side of type isn't taken that seriously.

    Socionics asserts a lot of "shoulds"... people don't like it when C-subtypes hand down "shoulds". The only things they want from C-subs are explanations.

    The explanatory power of socionics needs to be asserted more boldly.

    Here's a question for you: how would a socionics researcher get people in power -- or who want power -- to listen to them? How would a researcher show that their explanations are relevant and meaningful?

  22. #22
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like I said, the Gammas and Deltas keep everything going.
    I would never have a gamma or delta "keep anything going" for me. That is a complete misrepresentation of what the relation between quadras is about. It's also a misrepresentation of what is going on in Japan.

    I disagree with the Se atmosphere - in Japan, most of the game show "competitors" are semi-professional, so unlike American game shows it's not about winning. It's more about running around in a crazy costume trying to put people in cages.
    Not from the stories I've heard. The performance in these competitions can shape the reputation of companies and for individuals to perform badly in them often causes them to incur the anger of their peers. The competitions are taken very seriously.

  23. #23
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Four continents

    Alphaplace
    Betatown
    Gammaland
    Deltaville
    (or something better sounding)

    and when youre born they test your type, then you go to live under dual parents of your quadra and grow up on their continent with everyone in your own quadra. Each of the four society continents will end up being unique and special. The continent of your quadra will have the highest chance of being the most pleasing to you/best place to grow up, develop and live your life. Marry your dual, adopt children of your own type and have a happy family, and extended family. Alpha and Gamma will be furthest continent away from one another, as will Beta and Delta.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    poli I actually came up with a game one time which had four "quadra zones" as an element of the story. "Socionics gone mad" was the theme.

  25. #25
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    First, I'd like to say change like this scares me. =\

    Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    Type discrimination lawsuits would probably be rampant.
    Yes, I could see this being used in universities and work a lot, as colleges/employers aim for more diversification.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    In all seriousness if Socionics became wide spread I could see it causing more harm than good; all sorts of forced alliances and other "us against them" mentalities. I realize people do this anyways, subconsciously, but it would likely be even worse if there was leverage for it



    Agreed. It's a psychological concept, that whenever humans are split, classified, or grouped, people tend to favor and prefer those in their own group. (Basis behind racism, sexism, ageism, etc.)

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Four continents

    Alphaplace
    Betatown
    Gammaland
    Deltaville
    (or something better sounding)

    and when youre born they test your type, then you go to live under dual parents of your quadra and grow up on their continent with everyone in your own quadra. Each of the four society continents will end up being unique and special. The continent of your quadra will have the highest chance of being the most pleasing to you/best place to grow up, develop and live your life. Marry your dual, adopt children of your own type and have a happy family, and extended family. Alpha and Gamma will be furthest continent away from one another, as will Beta and Delta.
    Hmm.

    I really think a lot of people are getting carried away about the "optimal" society, if people were around only those in their quadra... I don't think everything would be happier.

    To be honest, I think how things are right now is optimal. Surely everybody here has personal friendships with those outside their quadras, right? I have a pretty diverse group of friends myself. I think, considering each quadra values certain functions highly, we need to have a decent balance of every function.

    Interacting and "getting along" with people unlike you, or who approach things completely differently, will forever be discomforting; but sometimes a little psychological discomfort can give you a new perspective, and help growth.

    More practically, I think the marriage screening/typing could be useful, for important relationships, or maybe for choosing a company to work for, seeing the breakdown by % of what your coworkers would be.... but segregating entire societies? More harm than good. We all need each other.

  26. #26
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I would never have a gamma or delta "keep anything going" for me. That is a complete misrepresentation of what the relation between quadras is about. It's also a misrepresentation of what is going on in Japan.
    I don't think it's a completely incorrect representation. Obviously it's an oversimplification.

    In research, for example, what I've seen is: Alpha NTs come up with ideas, get started on them, get interested in a new idea, do enough work on the old idea to get published, move on to work on the new idea. Gamma NTs tend to use the same idea for years and optimise it, publish lots of papers on the same idea, go through the years of patenting paperwork, found a start-up company and take it to market. If the Alpha collaborates with a company, they eventually drift towards an advisory role, or back into research. In other words, the Alpha NTs flourish at turning the concrete into the abstract, while the Gamma NTs turn the abstract into the concrete.

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Not from the stories I've heard. The performance in these competitions can shape the reputation of companies and for individuals to perform badly in them often causes them to incur the anger of their peers. The competitions are taken very seriously.
    I'm talking about the game shows they show on pretty much every channel during evening prime time. The participants are always minor celebrities (TV stars, singers etc.). It's like celebrity Big Brother - winning is secondary to having fun and being entertaining. The atmosphere is like a more physical Qi or Whose Line Is It Anyway, rather than The Weakest Link. Half the time it's largely scripted. What you're talking about sound like a terrible 80s Japanese stereotype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  27. #27
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I really think a lot of people are getting carried away about the "optimal" society, if people were around only those in their quadra... I don't think everything would be happier.

    To be honest, I think how things are right now is optimal. Surely everybody here has personal friendships with those outside their quadras, right? I have a pretty diverse group of friends myself. I think, considering each quadra values certain functions highly, we need to have a decent balance of every function.
    No doubt, no doubt. Grass is greener etc. But imagine how awesome it would be if you were never misunderstood! If you didn't have to deal with your PoLR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  28. #28
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Hmm.

    I really think a lot of people are getting carried away about the "optimal" society, if people were around only those in their quadra... I don't think everything would be happier.

    To be honest, I think how things are right now is optimal. Surely everybody here has personal friendships with those outside their quadras, right? I have a pretty diverse group of friends myself. I think, considering each quadra values certain functions highly, we need to have a decent balance of every function.

    Interacting and "getting along" with people unlike you, or who approach things completely differently, will forever be discomforting; but sometimes a little psychological discomfort can give you a new perspective, and help growth.

    More practically, I think the marriage screening/typing could be useful, for important relationships, or maybe for choosing a company to work for, seeing the breakdown by % of what your coworkers would be.... but segregating entire societies? More harm than good. We all need each other.
    Gay.

  29. #29
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Four continents

    Alphaplace
    Betatown
    Gammaland
    Deltaville
    (or something better sounding)

    and when youre born they test your type, then you go to live under dual parents of your quadra and grow up on their continent with everyone in your own quadra. Each of the four society continents will end up being unique and special. The continent of your quadra will have the highest chance of being the most pleasing to you/best place to grow up, develop and live your life. Marry your dual, adopt children of your own type and have a happy family, and extended family. Alpha and Gamma will be furthest continent away from one another, as will Beta and Delta.
    Haha that would be like paradise, family life with an LII dad and ESE mom, meet a hot SEI. Work alongside ILEs and LIIs, etc etc...

    Alphaplace would be all leisurely and have a bunch of creativity and science.

    Betatown would be all artistic but also pretty fucking epic and aristocratic.

    Gammaland would be an industrial/political giant, but rather democratic and free.

    Deltaville would be a lazy farm town or seaside town, with conventional authority and a stable social structure.

    Eventually though, betatown would invade gammaland for industrial strength and alphaplace for scientific innovation, gammaland would invade betatown for labor and deltaville would be industrialized. Etc etc and I could see the whole thing falling apart. Both alphaplace and deltaville would resist being pushed and invaded and loose their ability for stability and creativity, they'd also refuse to work together with each other because alphaplace would view delta as too serious and delta would view alphaplace as too childish.

    The war against betatown and gammaland would be epic, the gammaland would be all democratic, but a huge industrial giant, people working in the factories.... the betas would be all aristocratic and epic.

  30. #30
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I don't think it's a completely incorrect representation. Obviously it's an oversimplification.

    In research, for example, what I've seen is: Alpha NTs come up with ideas, get started on them, get interested in a new idea, do enough work on the old idea to get published, move on to work on the new idea. Gamma NTs tend to use the same idea for years and optimise it, publish lots of papers on the same idea, go through the years of patenting paperwork, found a start-up company and take it to market. If the Alpha collaborates with a company, they eventually drift towards an advisory role, or back into research. In other words, the Alpha NTs flourish at turning the concrete into the abstract, while the Gamma NTs turn the abstract into the concrete.
    It doesn't matter if it's accurate or not as long as it makes you feel better to repeat it, does it?

  31. #31
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    And very worse scenario is that there aren't enough dual pairs (N types) to go around, so I can see S types really going into war with one another over mating...if there was separation in quadra and grouping together. That would be sad.

    Sorry to be such a downer to your Fe moment. But the possible development of this scenario is rather bothersome to my Fi - the hope I have for our humanity.

  32. #32
    Creepy-bg

    Default


  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Haha that would be like paradise, family life with an LII dad and ESE mom, meet a hot SEI. Work alongside ILEs and LIIs, etc etc...

    Alphaplace would be all leisurely and have a bunch of creativity and science.

    Betatown would be all artistic but also pretty fucking epic and aristocratic.

    Gammaland would be an industrial/political giant, but rather democratic and free.

    Deltaville would be a lazy farm town or seaside town, with conventional authority and a stable social structure.

    Eventually though, betatown would invade gammaland for industrial strength and alphaplace for scientific innovation, gammaland would invade betatown for labor and deltaville would be industrialized. Etc etc and I could see the whole thing falling apart. Both alphaplace and deltaville would resist being pushed and invaded and loose their ability for stability and creativity, they'd also refuse to work together with each other because alphaplace would view delta as too serious and delta would view alphaplace as too childish.

    The war against betatown and gammaland would be epic, the gammaland would be all democratic, but a huge industrial giant, people working in the factories.... the betas would be all aristocratic and epic.
    I never thought about it that way. That would be totally awesome.

  34. #34
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    lol is that chuck norris on the truck?

  35. #35
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics needs some marketing in order to become a mainstream topic, just like how marketing had benefited in MBTI.

  36. #36
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I never thought about it that way. That would be totally awesome.
    It sounds cool, but only if this world is a peaceful one. All this reminds me of that Avatar Anime, the stereotypic nations and the peoples who all belong to one Element. At some point, one of the quadras might realise their power and starts to take over.

    At the other handside, I'd be really interested in the typical daily routine, the style of government, the cities and the culture of the four countries.

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Socionics needs some marketing in order to become a mainstream topic, just like how marketing had benefited in MBTI.
    That guy who founded that German socionics forum also wants to create a company as the 'official' German socionics source. The typology is even less known here compared to the USA and I'm not sure if this will be a success.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  37. #37
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer

    At the other handside, I'd be really interested in the typical daily routine, the style of government, the cities and the culture of the four countries.
    Yes. If not actual governmental states, quadra hubs would be amazing.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  38. #38
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's accurate or not as long as it makes you feel better to repeat it, does it?
    Is there any need for that sort of attack? I was merely clarifying my point so that labcoat, whose opinion I respect, can correct my understanding and help me learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  39. #39
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Is there any need for that sort of attack? I was merely clarifying my point so that labcoat, whose opinion I respect, can correct my understanding and help me learn.
    I'm not going to sugar-coat it when I find someone disguising their personal prejudice as "objective" information, if only for the sake of others who stumble upon it.

    (Also, until you replied, I subconsciously thought it was someone else's post, with whom I previously clashed on this matter. But that's beyond the point.)

  40. #40
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,618
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    omg, the idea of quadra states is totally creepy wtf. this makes me hope socionics never becomes popular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •