Thread: IEE/ENFp: External Signs, Manner of Communication, Features of Behavior, and Recommendations Gulenko

Creepy-

Default IEE/ENFp: External Signs, Manner of Communication, Features of Behavior, and Recommendations Gulenko

Source: Socionika.info
    Last edited by female; 02-08-2011 at 06:51 PM.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good article. thanks
    Last edited by pianosinger; 02-08-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems to be in googletranslate english and somewhere familiar. I might translate at least one to see if its worth it. Got a direct link or something similar?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like an E7 so first description of an ENFp.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    good article. thanks
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    This seems to be in googletranslate english and somewhere familiar. I might translate at least one to see if its worth it. Got a direct link or something similar?
    It is indeed a google translation. I found it on Socionika.info.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Sounds like an E7 so first description of an ENFp.
    Hmm.

--

So, a question: To what extent do the self-typed IEEs here identify w this description?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The recommendations section isn't bad, but I wonder to what extent problems like that are universal in nature.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I related very much with this description, perhaps more so than many other descriptions. Especially the bit about getting on the train to strange places for no other reason to unwind fits me as this is totally what I do when I'm stressed. I love living near train stations as I really love the idea of walking into a station and using the network to travel, I prefer trains so much more than planes and roads.

Thank you for posting it.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    The recommendations section isn't bad,
    Yeah, the Recommendations part is the most accurate. Some of the other stuff is not as applicable, but still close.

but I wonder to what extent problems like that are universal in nature.
    Hmmmmm.

ETA: on a second reading, actually, the communication and behavior sections are pretty darn accurate as well.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I relate a lot to the recommendations part too. And i too like taking impromptu trips to unwind sometimes. Took a trip last spring just by myself to the beach 2.5 hours away that i thought was going to be closer, and ended up needing to find a hotel room because i arrived after mid-day and was too exhausted to drive the whole way back that night. Was fun though, i did it again a few weeks later, but planned a little better.

I didn't relate too much to the "stretched thin figure" part but it did say that there really isn't a physical feature that defines IEEs. Not sure about the free swinging arms...maybe...

I did relate to the free sort of dress style. I mean I dont dress hippie-like or geek-like, i do care about looking attractive, but i also dont dress in like suits, blazers, sharp pants, etc like some people i know. I prioritize comfort over style, so most of the time you wont find me in uncomfortable stylish shoes, just cause i can't tolerate that for long. Unless I'm going to a really fancy formal or a date or a job interview. I'm also not the most adept at fashion, makeup, and hairstyling. e.g. i wish i could fix my hair into some really stylish 'do, but i dont know how to do it quickly and easily and i'd rather not spend 2 hours in the bathroom every morning. So it ends up looking rather "free-spirited"

Related a lot to the "manner of communication" section. I was a little oblivious to this before i started studying socionics, but I guess I do sort of come across a bit flirty and inviting when i'm just talking with people, getting to know them, or just trying to be nice. There have been times when the guy got the wrong message and thought I liked him that way. I was never in a situation where things got physical like what the description says, but there have been times when i realized a little too late that the guy must think i like him, and if I dont feel the same way, I withdraw and become a little mean actually, and I feel bad for having unintentionally led the guy on.

I do like cities, that's very true. But not overwhelming cities like NYC where everything is a huge hassle. However i only realized this after i moved there--before I always dreamed of living there because it seemed like such an interesting place to be, and so much to see, and it was like a microcosm of the world.

I related a LOT to the circle of close friends (with me in the center ). And the frequent hobby changing for sure! Not sure about the documentation issue... i try to be good at documentation, but that could just be a product of my education and training, and requirements of my job. Others might be a lot better than me at it.
    Last edited by Suz; 02-09-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I do like cities, that's very true. But not overwhelming cities like NYC where everything is a huge hassle. However i only realized this after i moved there--before I always dreamed of living there because it seemed like such an interesting place to be, and so much to see, and it was like a microcosm of the world.
    This. I have often dreamed of living in a big city. I've always been in little cities that barely deserve the name...Right now I live in a downtown area and enjoy being able (in the summer, at least) to just walk out my front door and walk to the mall or the library with my boys. I would miss that if I lived out in the country somewhere where I had no choice but to drive everywhere I go (and there are a lot of people in that situation up here in Montana).

But still, it's a small city where I am now, with limited entertainment. I think I'd enjoy a somewhat larger city. But probably not as big as NYC. It always looks like a fascinating place to be, in the movies, but not having grown up there I'm sure I'd be soon overwhelmed with the more day-to-day practical aspects.
    My life's work (haha):

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I related a bit to this, but was disappointed the physical signs aren't so clear -- It annoys me that I'm so difficult to put into a category sometimes lol. I'm jealous that the ISTPs have such clear external signs, like being mysterious.

I'm not interested in documentation and do have to force myself to record things like receipts (I hate it, but have to because I work for myself).

I don't really hop on a train to get away. Though I do go for long walks when angry. I walked from union sq to the financial district one day, which is about an hour!

I do live in NYC and completely love it. I find things are more convenient, and I'd prefer to have kids here since there's less chance of car accidents, and you don't have to put all that stuff and car seat in a minivan and drive really far to just go to the grocery store. It's def my favorite city.

Not sure if I swing my arms. I think ENFPs often aren't really sure how other's view us, and that can be frustrating.

And I can come across as flirty when I'm being myself. I'm very aware to not come across that way when I'm thinking about it, and I know the minute someone shows interest in me, and I back off then and have a more business tone. But I went out to a club the other day (first time since getting married), and since (for once I wasn't caring about what guys talked to me and was just having fun w/ my friends, I think 10 guys came up to talk to me. In the past I would have been really concerned about what signals I was putting out, so as not to attract guys and have to reject them. But I assumed having a big ring would make it clear I was taken and just let loose...and I guess they don't notice the ring.

But I wish I'd known that when I was single! To just let loose and have fun and not care. Try that fellow ENFPs! lol
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I related a bit to this, but was disappointed the physical signs aren't so clear -- It annoys me that I'm so difficult to put into a category sometimes lol. I'm jealous that the ISTPs have such clear external signs, like being mysterious.

I'm not interested in documentation and do have to force myself to record things like receipts (I hate it, but have to because I work for myself).

I don't really hop on a train to get away. Though I do go for long walks when angry. I walked from union sq to the financial district one day, which is about an hour!

I do live in NYC and completely love it. I find things are more convenient, and I'd prefer to have kids here since there's less chance of car accidents, and you don't have to put all that stuff and car seat in a minivan and drive really far to just go to the grocery store. It's def my favorite city.

Not sure if I swing my arms. I think ENFPs often aren't really sure how other's view us, and that can be frustrating.

And I can come across as flirty when I'm being myself. I'm very aware to not come across that way when I'm thinking about it, and I know the minute someone shows interest in me, and I back off then and have a more business tone. But I went out to a club the other day (first time since getting married), and since (for once I wasn't caring about what guys talked to me and was just having fun w/ my friends, I think 10 guys came up to talk to me. In the past I would have been really concerned about what signals I was putting out, so as not to attract guys and have to reject them. But I assumed having a big ring would make it clear I was taken and just let loose...and I guess they don't notice the ring.

But I wish I'd known that when I was single! To just let loose and have fun and not care. Try that fellow ENFPs! lol
    wow thanks for the advice, jewels! Yeah i totally act like you describe you used to. I think past experience (and comments made by my mom that made me self-conscious about it) has also made me hypervigilant about controlling my flirtiness too. Now to learn to let loose again.

You like NYC probably because you live in Union Square!!! That was one of my favorite places to go when i lived there! And maybe you've adjusted quite a bit to life in a place like NYC. I probably would have adjusted too after a year or 2 living there, but i hated my job, which was the main reason i left. I dont think i want to voluntarily ever go back to living there though. The roaches, the smelly hot subways, lugging groceries my little cart, trying to find the subway elevator (that ALWAYS smells like pee, ALWAYS). Oh and the tiny little nook in my apt that was the "kitchen" which was big enough only for a stove, a fridge whose door opened into the living room, and a sink that i had to squeeze into the corner to use. And dealing with any utility company always required 100000 phone calls and lots of headache. I'll pass!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    discojoe's creepy image

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    I had a $20 rice-cooker, a walk-in closet to sleep in, and a MickeyD's down the street for a bathroom.

You were loaded, WA!
    wow, well i hope you weren't paying $1000/month for that arrangement! I would never have even agreed to it unless i was absolutely desperate!

It's true though, i had a great deal on an apt (something like $900/month) and it was relatively spacious for NYC so I can't complain too much. Wasn't in the best of areas, but it wasn't a terrible area either. the closest subway stop was DISGUSTING though.

It also seemed that every few blocks, the same exact stores, the same street corner vendors repeated themselves, so it wasn't even that NYC was all that interesting (at least what i got to see of it). I could theoretically subsist on everything located within a 4 block radius if I wanted to. The other unpleasant thing was everywhere i would go, there would be hella crowds. Like you have to fight to get a cart, and the defend it like it's your turf, otherwise someone will walk by take all your stuff out, and take the cart. Postoffice? it's a 1 hour wait in line, then a rude overworked attendant yelling at me as to why i didn't have something done yet (the something that the attendants always did in any other post-office and I didn't know I was supposed to do it, or how even).