Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Girls' Generation / SNSD / 소녀시대

  1. #1
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile Girls' Generation / SNSD / 소녀시대

    Can someone type them for me and eunice? I can't do it, I tried but I get too way too distracted.

    Taeyeon (Leader)





    ---

    Sunny





    ---

    Yoona





    ---

    Sooyoung





    ---

    Tiffany





    ---

    Jessica





    ---

    Yuri





    ---

    Hyoyeon





    ---

    Seohyun






  2. #2
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Can someone type them for me and eunice? I can't do it, I tried but I get too way too distracted.
    i know what you mean

    also weird timing, i was just listening to them as i was revisiting my azn girl bands thread on socionix.




  3. #3
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow

    After concentrating real hard trying to stay focused, looking at other clips and after a few reads, this is what I think:

    Taeyeon: -ILE/ENTp
    EP + Infantile.
    Comes across as more -HA as in wanting a reaction vs. producing one.
    More random.
    Playful remarks.
    Democratic leadership style.

    Sunny: -ESE/ESFj
    EJ + Caregiver.
    More outspoken.
    Blunt, yet playful.

    Yoona: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    She has that characteristic "swallow air like a fish" look in a lot of pictures.

    Sooyoung: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    Describes a lot of physical experiences in detail.
    Does voice impressions.

    Tiffany: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    A Jessica clone.

    Jessica: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    A Tiffany clone.
    Also has the "swallow air like a fish" look in a lot of pictures.

    Yuri: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    Does voice modulations.
    Sleeping habit.
    Plays pranks and jokes on others.

    Hyoyeon: -ESE/ESFj
    EJ + Caregiver.
    Playful displays of .
    Similar to Sunny.

    Seohyun: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    Very similar to Yuri.
    "Slow in conversation, and they can slightly stretch out their words" is obvious.
    Shys away from the spotlight.
    Soft spoken.

    ---

    What do you think?

  4. #4
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    They all look the same.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  6. #6
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow. Didn't expect to see a thread exclusively on SNSD to be here. So when's Super Junior's thread is coming up?

    Just a personal observation in real life, quite a number of Alpha and Delta types I have known irl tend to be interested in male / female idol singers or groups, probably because those who are selected for these groups tend to belong to these two quadras.

    The songs they have made tend to be cheesy to some of my friends, but I can't help listening to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    I vote Sooyoung.
    She's my favorite. Second in line would be Hyo Yeon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    After concentrating real hard trying to stay focused, looking at other clips and after a few reads, this is what I think:

    Taeyeon: -ILE/ENTp
    EP + Infantile.
    Comes across as more -HA as in wanting a reaction vs. producing one.
    More random.
    Playful remarks.
    Democratic leadership style.

    Sunny: -ESE/ESFj
    EJ + Caregiver.
    More outspoken.
    Blunt, yet playful.

    Yoona: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    She has that characteristic "swallow air like a fish" look in a lot of pictures.

    Sooyoung: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    Describes a lot of physical experiences in detail.
    Does voice impressions.

    Tiffany: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    A Jessica clone.

    Jessica: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    A Tiffany clone.
    Also has the "swallow air like a fish" look in a lot of pictures.

    Yuri: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    Does voice modulations.
    Sleeping habit.
    Plays pranks and jokes on others.

    Hyoyeon: -ESE/ESFj
    EJ + Caregiver.
    Playful displays of .
    Similar to Sunny.

    Seohyun: -SEI/ISFp
    IP + Caregiver.
    Very similar to Yuri.
    "Slow in conversation, and they can slightly stretch out their words" is obvious.
    Shys away from the spotlight.
    Soft spoken.

    ---

    What do you think?
    I tend to agree with your typings so far, just that I have a different opinion for the following:

    Yoona: Si-ISFp

    She tends to give others a calming effect and doesn't seem as emotionally effusive as the Fe subtypes I have known irl. In my opinion (not type related btw), she seems like a rather political person to a certain extent. She can be rather adept in showing the best of herself and does not reveal her true sentiments that easily. In addition, she appears to be rather capable in getting the exact response which she wants from others, which I find Alpha SFs to be quite capable of doing.

    Soo Young: Delta NF

    She doesn't seem like a competitive person imo, and she tends to do enough to get by. Unlike the other members, she doesn't go beyond her normal duties in SNSD. She could have engaged in other gigs such as having a solo single, appearing in variety shows on her own, act in dramas, but she didn't. She appears rather contented to get by as long as she has performed her main duties and seems to care more about work-life balance. In her TV appearances, she strikes as someone who is rather innocent, sophisticated, kind and gentle. She has shown attributes of an Alpha or Delta type, but she appears to value Fi more than Fe imo.

    As for Seo Hyun been an Si-ISFp, it reminded me of how an Ne-ENFp guy friend of mine had a major crush on her. lol.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's sooyoung ,eunice.
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  8. #8
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    she could be LSE (not ESE), imo.

    i noticed her humor in that video made fun of others' lack of ability and competence - i think this shows a Te focus on her part.

    Hyoyeon: Yuri! Yuri!
    Yuri: Yeah?
    Hyoyeon: These days, you sing a lot in the car. Yeah?
    Yuri: *nods*
    Hyoyeon: You call that singing?! You're a singer! You always go off-tune!
    she is essentially saying to Yuri: "Do a better job!"
    Last edited by glam; 02-10-2011 at 05:33 PM.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yawn


    seriously ,i can't even (bother) tell(ing) them apart .They seem as if they are totally directed through the same remote control.yeah this is the case with a shitload of female popgroups but it's easier to digest when they are not azns.
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  10. #10
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
    yawn


    seriously ,i can't even (bother) tell(ing) them apart .They seem as if they are totally directed through the same remote control.yeah this is the case with a shitload of female popgroups but it's easier to digest when they are not azns.
    I find them much easier to digest when they are asians. I can enjoy the poppy goodness of the music without having to understand to the girlie lyrics. Their chattering asian voices just become the main instrument.

  11. #11
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
    it's sooyoung ,eunice.
    Are you referring to the last paragraph of my previous post:

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    As for Seo Hyun been an Si-ISFp, it reminded me of how an Ne-ENFp guy friend of mine had a major crush on her. lol.
    I was referring to another member, Seo Hyun, in the last paragraph of my previous post


    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    she could be LSE (not ESE), imo.

    i noticed her humor in that video made fun of others' lack of ability and competence - i think this shows a Te focus on her part.

    she is essentially saying to Yuri: "Do a better job!"
    She seems rather Alpha SF imo. At times, she reminded me of Song Hye Gyo, who's an Si-ISFp. Nevertheless, having seen the interviews of both ladies, it is rather obvious to me that Hyo Yeon is an extravert and Song Hye Gyo's an introvert. Just a side note, Ashton used to create a thread on Song Hye Gyo in Socionix and thought that she seems INFj.


    Anyway, here's a comparision between the two ladies and their similarities:










  12. #12
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    she could be LSE (not ESE), imo.

    i noticed her humor in that video made fun of others' lack of ability and competence - i think this shows a Te focus on her part.

    she is essentially saying to Yuri: "Do a better job!"
    I have a hard time seeing -ego in her, and especially -Role?


    Looks like total + valuing.

    Yoona: Si-ISFp

    She tends to give others a calming effect and doesn't seem as emotionally effusive as the Fe subtypes I have known irl. In my opinion (not type related btw), she seems like a rather political person to a certain extent. She can be rather adept in showing the best of herself and does not reveal her true sentiments that easily.
    I agree on the calming effect, and was my first thought actually, but I see nothing but come out from her most of the time.

    In addition, she appears to be rather capable in getting the exact response which she wants from others, which I find Alpha SFs to be quite capable of doing.
    That still sounds like .

    Whatever subtype she is, even though I think ... For sure she's SEI/ISFp.

    Soo Young: Delta NF

    She doesn't seem like a competitive person imo, and she tends to do enough to get by. Unlike the other members, she doesn't go beyond her normal duties in SNSD. She could have engaged in other gigs such as having a solo single, appearing in variety shows on her own, act in dramas, but she didn't. She appears rather contented to get by as long as she has performed her main duties and seems to care more about work-life balance. In her TV appearances, she strikes as someone who is rather innocent, sophisticated, kind and gentle. She has shown attributes of an Alpha or Delta type, but she appears to value Fi more than Fe imo.
    When I typed them, I spent a bit more time with her because she does comes across a bit differently then everybody else. I know she is an irrational XXXp for sure also. Temperament-wise she gives off an IP vibe; unhurried (so visible on the first video) almost sluggish, relaxed. If she was an EP (considering if she was ENFp), she'd be more antsy like Taeyeon. Her movements are characteristically gentle like an SEI/ISFp, or to be more precise, just like Seohyun.




    That all looks like -valuing to me.

    Irrationality can be seen a mile away here:


    Just for the fun of it:

    0:30 made me crack the fuck up. It's adorable.

    As for Seo Hyun been an Si-ISFp, it reminded me of how an Ne-ENFp guy friend of mine had a major crush on her. lol.
    I think she is the epitome of an -SEI/ISFp, and I like her the most. And Yuri, and Jessica, and Tiffany... and ah, damn all of them now that I think about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
    yawn


    seriously ,i can't even (bother) tell(ing) them apart .They seem as if they are totally directed through the same remote control.yeah this is the case with a shitload of female popgroups but it's easier to digest when they are not azns.




    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I find them much easier to digest when they are asians. I can enjoy the poppy goodness of the music without having to understand to the girlie lyrics. Their chattering asian voices just become the main instrument.

  13. #13
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    she could be LSE (not ESE), imo.

    i noticed her humor in that video made fun of others' lack of ability and competence - i think this shows a Te focus on her part.

    she is essentially saying to Yuri: "Do a better job!"
    Just to add on, I feel that Hyo Yeon's remark seems more like a playful banter with Yuri. If it's an ESTj who mentioned that, I guess it will sound more "offensive".

    @ timeless: Good videos on Soo Young. To a certain extent, I am now convinced on how she could be Si-ISFp. I definitely agree that she seems XXXp, that's why I suggested that she seems ?-ENFp to me during our PM exchange. As for why Delta > Alpha, she seems to lack Fe as compared to the ISFps I have known irl. In addition, she appeared rather straightforward during her interactions with others and did not try too hard to please people, as compared to the ISFps I have known irl. She has this "live and let live" attitude which I identify with the Delta types I have known so far.

  14. #14
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Just to add on, I feel that Hyo Yeon's remark seems more like a playful banter with Yuri. If it's an ESTj who mentioned that, I guess it will sound more "offensive".
    that's the thing, to me, it *did* sound offensive and not really all that playful. it kind of scared me, tbqh

    also, i am familiar with Song Hyegyo but i don't have an opinion on her type. though i will say that she does remind me somewhat of my sister, whom i type SLI (for a long while i typed my sister SEI, up until recently)

    if we're talking about VI, i was most struck by this picture. i think it's a very typical expression for an LSE: http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/7...10asia1do6.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I have a hard time seeing -ego in her, and especially -Role?

    YouTube - Why i love SNSD's HyoYeon part 2
    Looks like total + valuing.
    in this video, her main thing is showing off her skill, her knowledge, her abilities. she also did this in the first video you posted. i don't think she displays enthusiasm so much as she displays active energy, being in motion, wanting to be doing something. when she's showing off her dancing skills, i get the impression that her main purpose is to show her methods and how well she can do it, not as much to entertain (though of course i realize entertainment is the purpose of those variety shows.) i think cares about Te before Fe.

    also, it is her job to be a cute pop idol her laughing and smiling doesn't automatically mean she's Fe ego.

    and even though i'm thinking she's my Conflictor, i don't dislike Hyoyeon or anything like that. while one or a couple of the SNSD members seem fake-ish to me, there is something "real" and down-to-earth about Hyoyeon.
    Last edited by glam; 02-12-2011 at 12:53 AM.

  15. #15
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    that's the thing, to me, it *did* sound offensive and not really all that playful. it kind of scared me, tbqh

    also, i am familiar with Song Hyegyo but i don't have an opinion on her type. though i will say that she does remind me somewhat of my sister, whom i type SLI (for a long while i typed my sister SEI, up until recently)

    if we're talking about VI, i was most struck by this picture. i think it's a very typical expression for an LSE: http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/7...10asia1do6.jpg


    in this video, her main thing is showing off her skill, her knowledge, her abilities. she also did this in the first video you posted. i don't think she displays enthusiasm so much as she displays active energy, being in motion, wanting to be doing something. when she's showing off her dancing skills, i get the impression that her main purpose is to show her methods and how well she can do it, not as much to entertain (though of course i realize entertainment is the purpose of those variety shows.) i think cares about Te before Fe.

    also, it is her job to be a cute pop idol her laughing and smiling doesn't automatically mean she's Fe ego.

    and even though i'm thinking she's my Conflictor, i don't dislike Hyoyeon or anything like that. while one or a couple of the SNSD members seem fake-ish to me, there is something "real" and down-to-earth about Hyoyeon.
    I like her too and she seems different as compared to most members. Anyway, I find celebrities in the East rather hard to type at times because they tend to be less upfront with their true feelings and opinions, as compared to their western counterparts. Maybe it's due to the East Asian culture.

  16. #16
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Dear Mr. Timeless,

    Do you have the glasses?

    I have no the glasses.

    ~ CILi

     
     
     
    Dear Sir CILi,

     


    Kind regards,

    Timeless

  17. #17
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    They all look the same.
    If what you're looking for is similarity (presents a level of consistency) then yes they do look all the same, but if you're looking for differences, then no they don't.

  18. #18
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    If what you're looking for is similarity (presents a level of consistency) then yes they do look all the same, but if you're looking for differences, then no they don't.
    And what types do you think they are mister sister?

  19. #19
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    And what types do you think they are mister sister?
    I think LSI look for similarity/consistency. Mister...I think that differences are better perceived by LII.

  20. #20
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I think LSI look for similarity/consistency. Mister...I think that differences are better perceived by LII.
    I mean for the OP.


  21. #21
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't type based on those pictures.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •