View Poll Results: strong functions of laghlagh

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ne

    2 16.67%
  • Ni

    0 0%
  • Fe

    1 8.33%
  • Fi

    7 58.33%
  • Te

    0 0%
  • Ti

    0 0%
  • Se

    1 8.33%
  • Si

    1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 75

Thread: my strong functions

  1. #1
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default my strong functions

    copying this idea because its cool. and because i'm sort of open to the idea of considering other types for the first time in a long time (although, in all fairness, that could change in 10 minutes for all i know). and because i'm just curious.

  2. #2
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    crap, i meant to make it possible to choose multiple options.

    edit: and make another option for me so i could peek. and did i even make it possible to see what people chose? man, i effed this up lol.

    is it possible for this thread to be removed for a do-over?


  3. #3
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,612
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's obvious to me is that you value . Have you considered LIE perchance?

  4. #4
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    What's obvious to me is that you value . Have you considered LIE perchance?
    wow, thats an interesting suggestion, and probably my favorite ever, hah. LIE has never crossed my mind. when i made this thread, the other types that were floating around in my head as most worth considering were LII, SEI, and IEE. i remember teliing someone at one point that the only types that would surprise me to be put out for me would be any Se ego or Ej temperament types..but now you're the second person to bring up an Ej type as a possibility, which is interesting. i'm curious how you might see me as Te ego (you said its obvious i'm Fi valuing, and the idea of being Fi-seeking isn't nearly as strange to me as the idea of being Te ego, even if they're the same thing.) i want to be open-minded, but tbh the idea of LIE really threw me.

    thanks for replying.

  5. #5
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see an argument for both Fi and Ne, almost equally, but you have a calm salinity to your posts that seems more common in Fi base>Ne

    anywho, that's my impression so far
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  6. #6
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,612
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    wow, thats an interesting suggestion, and probably my favorite ever, hah. LIE has never crossed my mind. when i made this thread, the other types that were floating around in my head as most worth considering were LII, SEI, and IEE. i remember teliing someone at one point that the only types that would surprise me to be put out for me would be any Se ego or Ej temperament types..but now you're the second person to bring up an Ej type as a possibility, which is interesting. i'm curious how you might see me as Te ego (you said its obvious i'm Fi valuing, and the idea of being Fi-seeking isn't nearly as strange to me as the idea of being Te ego, even if they're the same thing.) i want to be open-minded, but tbh the idea of LIE really threw me.

    thanks for replying.
    Yeah, it's mainly about seeking vs ego (as the thing about the smileys, heh). Plus I retyped that person you reminded me of as LIE...

  7. #7
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yeah, it's mainly about seeking vs ego (as the thing about the smileys, heh). Plus I retyped that person you reminded me of as LIE...
    ya, things like, uh, that, are not at all uncommon for me. (context for others: being paranoid that i've offended someone and being stupidly overapologetic, or at least thats my view of it.) i haven't known whether it was attributable to type, and if so, how (Fi seeking seems like a reasonable suggestion) or if it its just because i'm a neurotic bastard lol. it was actually a wondering if i'm really good at Fi or not that led me to consider LII.

  8. #8
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,612
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    ya, things like, uh, that, are not at all uncommon for me. (context for others: being paranoid that i've offended someone and being stupidly overapologetic, or at least thats my view of it.) i haven't known whether it was attributable to type, and if so, how (Fi seeking seems like a reasonable suggestion) or if it its just because i'm a neurotic bastard lol. it was actually a wondering if i'm really good at Fi or not that led me to consider LII.
    Yeah, if you're going to consider a logical type I would guess maybe LIE or ILI. You actually remind me of implied in some ways.

  9. #9
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks for the input, both of you. also, i've never talked to implied, but from what i've seen from her in posts i'm flattered by the comparison.

  10. #10
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I can see an argument for both Fi and Ne, almost equally, but you have a calm salinity to your posts that seems more common in Fi base>Ne

    anywho, that's my impression so far

    Yes, I think EII. Strong Ne subtype.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  11. #11
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    ya, things like, uh, that, are not at all uncommon for me. (context for others: being paranoid that i've offended someone and being stupidly overapologetic, or at least thats my view of it.) i haven't known whether it was attributable to type, and if so, how (Fi seeking seems like a reasonable suggestion) or if it its just because i'm a neurotic bastard lol. it was actually a wondering if i'm really good at Fi or not that led me to consider LII.
    I would check to see why you feel that way. I experience the same thing, but I honestly believe it is not type-related for me; because I was not always like that (actually a bit insensitive in that regard), and I can pinpoint what event may have caused it.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You just observe things here and you don't make any abstractions...I'm sorry I don't eve type you as EII; I think you're just here to get support for a type you think you are and you've chosen for yourself...hence, that makes you SEE type.

  13. #13
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I would check to see why you feel that way. I experience the same thing, but I honestly believe it is not type-related for me; because I was not always like that (actually a bit insensitive in that regard), and I can pinpoint what event may have caused it.
    thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You just observe things here and you don't make any abstractions...I'm sorry I don't eve type you as EII; I think you're just here to get support for a type you think you are and you've chosen for yourself...hence, that makes you SEE type.
    i'm not sure what you mean by making abstractions versus observing and how you see this in me. my motives in making this thread were, tbh, partly out of boredom and attention-seeking but i was not motivated at ALL by trying to prove my self-typing because very few people have questioned it so i have little reason to defend anything. i think its really interesting to hear other opinions about my type even if they seem strange to me and i'm willing to consider alternatives (especially the ones i listed previously in this thread). i don't expect you to buy that i'm EII just because that's my self-typing, but there are far better options imo than SEE, which i think is a totally ridiculous idea and one of the few types i think can be just plain ruled out.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I'm sorry I don't eve type you as EII
    Back off before it gets too late.

  15. #15
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Obvious poll answer is obvious.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  16. #16
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You just observe things here and you don't make any abstractions...I'm sorry I don't eve type you as EII; I think you're just here to get support for a type you think you are and you've chosen for yourself...hence, that makes you SEE type.

    I've seen people of a quadrillion types do this. How does the first part of that sentence have diddly to do with the second part?

  17. #17
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi i'm bored and i want more votes on this poll

  18. #18

  19. #19
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i've held out for awhile

  20. #20

  21. #21
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    whatever, i really don't think i'm that much of an offender.

  22. #22
    d1ffe7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't really paid too much attention to give you evidence for another typing, but I always thought you presented a very different vibe than the other EIIs on the forum.

  23. #23
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Your strongest function is asking people what type they think you are.
    i'm trying to figure this out. is it that i don't express myself enough or i'm too surfacey or something for you to say any more than this? or do i really harp that much about my type, because i know that i do but not nearly as much as some others. or are you just randomly being a smartass? or what?

    Quote Originally Posted by d1ffe7 View Post
    I haven't really paid too much attention to give you evidence for another typing, but I always thought you presented a very different vibe than the other EIIs on the forum.
    i've noticed this too, which is part of why i make threads like this. thanks for chipping in.

  24. #24
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i'm trying to figure this out. is it that i don't express myself enough or i'm too surfacey or something for you to say any more than this? or do i really harp that much about my type, because i know that i do but not nearly as much as some others. or are you just randomly being a smartass? or what?
    I'm just teasing a little bit (lack of smileys and an eerie avatar probably don't help convey that). Perhaps you talk more about general things in the chatbox, which I don't use often, but on IRC you're usually either quiet or engaging others in dialogue on what your type might be without providing much new information to assess. It's tough for me to read much from either one. However if I broaden my mental scope and stop thinking about it so hard a gestalt image appears that strongly indicates Fi and Ne, perhaps more the former than the latter. More observation and conversation would be required to say much more.

  25. #25
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    I'm just teasing a little bit (lack of smileys and an eerie avatar probably don't help convey that). Perhaps you talk more about general things in the chatbox, which I don't use often, but on IRC you're usually either quiet or engaging others in dialogue on what your type might be without providing much new information to assess. It's tough for me to read much from either one. However if I broaden my mental scope and stop thinking about it so hard a gestalt image appears that strongly indicates Fi and Ne, perhaps more the former than the latter. More observation and conversation would be required to say much more.
    thank you.

  26. #26
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESTP

  27. #27
    star stuff April's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    chatbox
    TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i've noticed this too, which is part of why i make threads like this. thanks for chipping in.
    Can you say a bit more about the "different vibe"--what it is and what might contribute to it?

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    607
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    ESTP
    Awe hell no. Do you actually think that labcoat? What makes you think that?

  29. #29
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Can you say a bit more about the "different vibe"--what it is and what might contribute to it?
    umm. well there's a couple different ways to look at this, one being how i might come across differently to other people who read our posts (and this i'm not entirely sure about and i'd be curious to know more). and then there's how i see myself as different. i obviously relate to the EIIs on the forum more or less or on different levels depending on the person so this is generalized.

    well i'm thinking and its hard to generalize without being vague. like a lot of the time i feel like "too much" in the delta subforum - i get too offended and i often find myself wanting to challenge the way things are there or something. like i find myself thinking, i wish you guys would stop acting like what deltas are supposed to be like and more natural! but maybe they are and i'm just not delta? i think i'm more outwardly emotional (but i'm not very expressive at all irl). i find myself wanting to prod, like what will happen if i say the word fuck or mention s&m (and its not like i'm even a hardcore type of person who is super concerned with these things, but its like i want to say hey this can be delta too? idk.) i guess honestly it feels...idk, like i'm supposed to calm myself and be nice and good, or something. not that i think i'm not nice and good, my default way of being is very nice i think. ugh, hard to explain.

    the main person who comes to mind is Minde, who i respect and think seems like an amazingly nice person. when i was debating with ryu she had some things to say and i found myself wondering if she agreed with me but i couldn't tell because her manner was very removed, like there was a vagueness and i couldn't tell what she really thought. which is one example of a sort of pattern i see. like...more about teaching or helping than letting her thoughts really be known? which is more self-sacrificial than i could be. and also her recent reaction in a thread when i thought someone was being a total jerk and she apologized when i felt like she shouldn't have to and it made me really cringe. i respect the tolerance and i also..agajisgd;f. maybe i'm just too invested and spend too much time on here. maybe i would also be more removed and conciliatory if the personalities weren't so everyday familiar to me. i don't know. there's also a sort of head/gut separation where i think of the conciliatory/sacrificial stuff and i think that in a perfect world everybody would be able to do that, like its just a "good" way to be and i respect it. but on the other hand my immediate gut response when i see the things i've noticed them being conciliatory towards is to say NO NOT OK lol.

    i feel like there's a lot i could say but it's hard to verbalize and i'm getting more and more convoluted so i'll stop. i can try to clarify whatever. also the EIIs that i do relate more to are probably Ryene (but she doesn't identify definitively as EII anymore) and maybe you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Awe hell no. Do you actually think that labcoat? What makes you think that?
    he had to be joking.
    Last edited by lump; 05-01-2011 at 01:41 AM.

  30. #30
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    sorry that was kinda long

  31. #31
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    its easy to rationalize it as being that there's a certain culture on the forum that doesn't represent the whole of delta in the real wide world. and i think that's the best explanation. (there's just that little part that says, "yeah, but." like, i could be typing people wrong.)

    if i had to pick a quadra just from the people on the forum i don't think i could. except probably not beta.

  32. #32
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you're Ne-sub EII.

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    umm. well there's a couple different ways to look at this, one being how i might come across differently to other people who read our posts (and this i'm not entirely sure about and i'd be curious to know more). and then there's how i see myself as different. i obviously relate to the EIIs on the forum more or less or on different levels depending on the person so this is generalized.

    well i'm thinking and its hard to generalize without being vague. like a lot of the time i feel like "too much" in the delta subforum - i get too offended and i often find myself wanting to challenge the way things are there or something. like i find myself thinking, i wish you guys would stop acting like what deltas are supposed to be like and more natural! but maybe they are and i'm just not delta? i think i'm more outwardly emotional (but i'm not very expressive at all irl). i find myself wanting to prod, like what will happen if i say the word fuck or mention s&m (and its not like i'm even a hardcore type of person who is super concerned with these things, but its like i want to say hey this can be delta too? idk.) i guess honestly it feels...idk, like i'm supposed to calm myself and be nice and good, or something. not that i think i'm not nice and good, my default way of being is very nice i think. ugh, hard to explain.

    the main person who comes to mind is Minde, who i respect and think seems like an amazingly nice person. when i was debating with ryu she had some things to say and i found myself wondering if she agreed with me but i couldn't tell because her manner was very removed, like there was a vagueness and i couldn't tell what she really thought. which is one example of a sort of pattern i see. like...more about teaching or helping than letting her thoughts really be known? which is more self-sacrificial than i could be. and also her recent reaction in a thread when i thought someone was being a total jerk and she apologized when i felt like she shouldn't have to and it made me really cringe. i respect the tolerance and i also..agajisgd;f. maybe i'm just too invested and spend too much time on here. maybe i would also be more removed and conciliatory if the personalities weren't so everyday familiar to me. i don't know. there's also a sort of head/gut separation where i think of the conciliatory/sacrificial stuff and i think that in a perfect world everybody would be able to do that, like its just a "good" way to be and i respect it. but on the other hand my immediate gut response when i see the things i've noticed them being conciliatory towards is to say NO NOT OK lol.

    i feel like there's a lot i could say but it's hard to verbalize and i'm getting more and more convoluted so i'll stop. i can try to clarify whatever. also the EIIs that i do relate more to are probably Ryene (but she doesn't identify definitively as EII anymore) and maybe you.
    Just post whatever you want, otherwise it's kind of living a lie here, unless you want to come off a certain way, which is something I'd do too . I'm the only male self-typed EII poster here, save for tereg. It feels pretty weird, hehe. I also withhold from commenting not only in delta, but the rest of the forum. In my case I do it because: 1)from experience, I become more immersed than how I'd want... I'd rather be distracted by other productive things (or illusions of productivity lol). 2)I feel like I might get into heated arguments and open my Se-valve way too much, and not be aware of how aggressive I'm being atm, so I'd rather just not be involved.

    I think you would be less stressed if you not use Ne so much in your thought process. It seems like you have a mental battle going about the possibilities, with a lot of "maybes:" "maybe I'm not EII, but maybe I am, maybe I'm doing this wrong, etc." I'm like that too, and it helps to just accept the uncertainty of what you think, instead of trying to cover all angles.

  33. #33
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I think you're Ne-sub EII.
    thanks. i really liked this post in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Just post whatever you want, otherwise it's kind of living a lie here, unless you want to come off a certain way, which is something I'd do too . I'm the only male self-typed EII poster here, save for tereg. It feels pretty weird, hehe. I also withhold from commenting not only in delta, but the rest of the forum. In my case I do it because: 1)from experience, I become more immersed than how I'd want... I'd rather be distracted by other productive things (or illusions of productivity lol). 2)I feel like I might get into heated arguments and open my Se-valve way too much, and not be aware of how aggressive I'm being atm, so I'd rather just not be involved.
    yeah, i can't imagine how more frustrated i'd probably be with the sterotypes if i was a dude.

    and i'm starting to think we come from more similar places ideologically or whatever than i previously may have suspected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I think you would be less stressed if you not use Ne so much in your thought process. It seems like you have a mental battle going about the possibilities, with a lot of "maybes:" "maybe I'm not EII, but maybe I am, maybe I'm doing this wrong, etc." I'm like that too, and it helps to just accept the uncertainty of what you think, instead of trying to cover all angles.
    yessss, i think this hits on something real fo sho. it's so hard to control this. how do you accept the uncertainty?

    example: i find myself wanting to ask why you specified Ne sub for me instead of just saying EII. do you think this subtype thing is the reason for the differences between me and some other EIIs on the forum? does it matter? maybe not.

  34. #34
    star stuff April's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    chatbox
    TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    well i'm thinking and its hard to generalize without being vague. like a lot of the time i feel like "too much" in the delta subforum - i get too offended and i often find myself wanting to challenge the way things are there or something. like i find myself thinking, i wish you guys would stop acting like what deltas are supposed to be like and more natural! but maybe they are and i'm just not delta? i think i'm more outwardly emotional (but i'm not very expressive at all irl). i find myself wanting to prod, like what will happen if i say the word fuck or mention s&m (and its not like i'm even a hardcore type of person who is super concerned with these things, but its like i want to say hey this can be delta too? idk.) i guess honestly it feels...idk, like i'm supposed to calm myself and be nice and good, or something. not that i think i'm not nice and good, my default way of being is very nice i think. ugh, hard to explain.
    I get what you're saying and have experienced the same thing. I find this idealized image of Delta as extremely stifling--EIIs somehow needing to be the Virgin Mary whereas I'd rather be the Magdalene or a harmonious mixture. Good person/bad person, angelic/demonic dichotomies are just so cliched and simplified, and yet, people suggest that Fi primarily functions and assesses situations in this very black-and-white way. (Note my avatar )

    Also, we're probably very attuned to these perceived expectations about "how to act" because we are, in fact, Fi dominant. We're already prone to being so hard on ourselves that any additional, external pressures can cause us to revolt. It's just too fucking much, like, "You don't know how much I think about everything and how hard I'm already trying, so go fuck yourself with your warped value system."

    I have some additional thoughts about some of this, but I have some birthday activities to attend right now.

  35. #35
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,594
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I get what you're saying and have experienced the same thing. I find this idealized image of Delta as extremely stifling--EIIs somehow needing to be the Virgin Mary whereas I'd rather be the Magdalene or a harmonious mixture. Good person/bad person, angelic/demonic dichotomies are just so cliched and simplified, and yet, people suggest that Fi primarily functions and assesses situations in this very black-and-white way. (Note my avatar )
    i've always liked your avatar.

    yeah things are complicated and what others at large might think is good or bad might differ from what we think and often things are mixed/both and its not black and white. i'm reminded of when i used to read on mbti forums about INFPs being interested in dark/disturbing things and how it was because they are Fi leading...i mean this isn't MBTI but i think it still follows with Fi. its necessary to have some familiarity with things that feel both "good" and "bad" in order to KNOW what feels "good" and "bad" to you and in order to have a sophisticated and nuanced ability in the area of feeling judgments. this seems obvious to me but i think its overlooked.

    oh and "stifling" was exactly the perfect word for what i was trying to find when i went with the ellipses hah. i thought "repressive" was too much

    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Also, we're probably very attuned to these perceived expectations about "how to act" because we are, in fact, Fi dominant. We're already prone to being so hard on ourselves that any additional, external pressures can cause us to revolt. It's just too fucking much, like, "You don't know how much I think about everything and how hard I'm already trying, so go fuck yourself with your warped value system."
    heh

    i'm trying to think of how to respond to this part and i wonder if some of it is enneagram related. i think for me its like i have a hard time separating the expectations i perceive from others from what i want to do. and yeah i can definitely revolt when they feel like too much or conflict with my own values (see altercations w/ ryu hah) but the fact that my own desires and what i see as others' desires get mixed up adds this sort of weird shame confusion component. so its sort of like, "you don't know how much i've been working to not infringe and you think you know me but you don't"...more 9ey stuff, which is mostly my own damned fault i think. blah

    and


  36. #36
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find this discussion more interesting than the usual type-me thread, because in fact, laghlagh, I feel like you're letting me get a good look at what kinds of struggles might go on within an EII. To me, you do seem to be that type on the forum; I don't see you as particularly different from the other people typed EII here. But this is just The Forum, and therefore limited, so I could be wrong.

    I have known (but not well) some Deltas IRL who seemed to be openly grappling with this good person/bad person issue. I sort of think that for Delta, integrating the shadow self is particularly difficult, and so in the people I'm thinking of, one especially, there was a lot of angst and edginess and flagrant misbehavior--stuff that might get stereotyped as Beta. Yet it looked different than Beta somehow, more deliberate and premeditated, and as if the aim were toward redemption, maybe.

    This good/bad thing is something I've had to deal with also, though. For me, it's somewhat the opposite of what you're describing, that my natural inclinations seem at various times to have led to me being labeled bad. And since I was not feeling particularly bad, just trying to be a person like any other, I was hurt by being viewed that way. And I've also tried to be good and found it stifling. Living out either side of this dichotomy probably feels unfair.

    I suspect this issue might be more obvious to women sometimes, what with that lovely virgin/whore dichotomy we get trapped in.

  37. #37
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d1ffe7 View Post
    I haven't really paid too much attention to give you evidence for another typing, but I always thought you presented a very different vibe than the other EIIs on the forum.
    I can't say I noticed that. You are a different person but I wouldn't say you give off a different vibe or anything.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  38. #38
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    Awe hell no. Do you actually think that labcoat? What makes you think that?
    INFP

  39. #39
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    umm. well there's a couple different ways to look at this, one being how i might come across differently to other people who read our posts (and this i'm not entirely sure about and i'd be curious to know more). and then there's how i see myself as different. i obviously relate to the EIIs on the forum more or less or on different levels depending on the person so this is generalized.

    well i'm thinking and its hard to generalize without being vague. like a lot of the time i feel like "too much" in the delta subforum - i get too offended and i often find myself wanting to challenge the way things are there or something. like i find myself thinking, i wish you guys would stop acting like what deltas are supposed to be like and more natural! but maybe they are and i'm just not delta? i think i'm more outwardly emotional (but i'm not very expressive at all irl). i find myself wanting to prod, like what will happen if i say the word fuck or mention s&m (and its not like i'm even a hardcore type of person who is super concerned with these things, but its like i want to say hey this can be delta too? idk.) i guess honestly it feels...idk, like i'm supposed to calm myself and be nice and good, or something. not that i think i'm not nice and good, my default way of being is very nice i think. ugh, hard to explain.

    the main person who comes to mind is Minde, who i respect and think seems like an amazingly nice person. when i was debating with ryu she had some things to say and i found myself wondering if she agreed with me but i couldn't tell because her manner was very removed, like there was a vagueness and i couldn't tell what she really thought. which is one example of a sort of pattern i see. like...more about teaching or helping than letting her thoughts really be known? which is more self-sacrificial than i could be. and also her recent reaction in a thread when i thought someone was being a total jerk and she apologized when i felt like she shouldn't have to and it made me really cringe. i respect the tolerance and i also..agajisgd;f. maybe i'm just too invested and spend too much time on here. maybe i would also be more removed and conciliatory if the personalities weren't so everyday familiar to me. i don't know. there's also a sort of head/gut separation where i think of the conciliatory/sacrificial stuff and i think that in a perfect world everybody would be able to do that, like its just a "good" way to be and i respect it. but on the other hand my immediate gut response when i see the things i've noticed them being conciliatory towards is to say NO NOT OK lol.

    i feel like there's a lot i could say but it's hard to verbalize and i'm getting more and more convoluted so i'll stop. i can try to clarify whatever. also the EIIs that i do relate more to are probably Ryene (but she doesn't identify definitively as EII anymore) and maybe you.



    he had to be joking.
    I'm on my phone, so I'll just quote the whole post.

    I think we're both playful and attention-seeking; you're just more open about the latter than I am. Were there other similarities that you noticed?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  40. #40
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,625
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not every INFj on this forum has to be like Minde. Judging from this topic, it just seems to be one of many variations, there is no need to consider anyone as benchmark for a given type.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •