Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default White Collar show

Anybody watch this show? It's an interesting character-based drama/comedy. In my opinion, the characters are pretty clear representations of their types, with reasonably accurate intertype relations depicted as well.

Neal Caffrey: SEE. His primary skills are personal charm and attention to physical detail (in forging, etc.). His interpersonal skills point toward the SF club, and his tendency to create temporary, impermanent relationships by getting close to people and then moving on when the task is finished points toward Creative Fi. He also highly prizes the outward signs of wealth -- expensive suits, expensive cars, expensive wine, etc. -- in a manner characteristic of Gamma Se. His "smoothness" "softness", "niceness", and apparent lack of aggression make me think he is a Harmonizing subtype.

Mozzie: ILI. Always thinking ahead, nerdy in a characteristically NT way, prone to paranoia. The only person Neal trusts implicitly, strongly suggesting Duality. Softer and less harsh than other ILIs, suggesting an Irrational subtype -- possibly Creative.

Special Agent Peter Burke: LSE. Hard-working, driven, solves cases in a practical "by the book" manner, sorting out the details logically. Down-to-earth, practical, no-nonsense, straight-forward guy. The Benefit relation with Neal is clear -- Peter values Neal's people skills (Fi) more than Neal values Peter's practical efficiency (Te), which he tends to treat as impressive but somewhat secondary to really important matters. Tends to be cautious around Mozzie. Not sure of his subtype -- Creative, maybe?

Elizabeth Burke: EII. Quite similar to Ellie in the show "Chuck". Quietly warm and caring, understands people, sometimes offers a fresh perspective on the case. Has developed an interesting friendship with Mozzie, seems somewhat cautious around Neal. I would guess Harmonizing subtype.

It's interesting that the show sometimes deliberately goes out of its way to show how trusting and conflict-free the relationships between Neal and Mozzie, and Peter and Elizabeth are. It sets up stereotypical situations where, in other shows, one party would begin suspecting or distrusting the other, only turn the tables and show that both parties completely trust each other. I find this to be a refreshing change of pace from the constantly difficult relationships one finds elsewhere on TV.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with your typings, though I'm undecided between LSE/EII and SLI/IEE for Peter and Elizabeth.

I get an EIE vibe from Neal Caffery, but I think it's because Matt Bomer is Fe-ego...
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've recently started watching this show, and I find it "comfy" in the sense that it's very inoffensive to me. I like the focus on positive, healthy relationships so far.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

"Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

"Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom