Thread: Ni particuarly IEI/INFp

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni particuarly IEI/INFp

Usually I'm ignored and passed over when explaining just like it says in wikisocion, because I don't use Ne or enough Te for them to string together the whole damn thing. Think of kurt cobains smells like teen spirit; he doens't have to use shitons of verbal logic and examples to communicate an idea on a basic level I suppose only other and betas would "get" fully. The intonation, and artistic form of it communcates the idea. Plenty of people still don't get his meaning or say it has none which is ludicrous.
    I recently watched a video that I thought perhaps used well to describe another trend I saw many years ago about music and life in general. The idea is kinda of a Rome like downfall in society thats been progressing with a brave new world/1984 twists. Edit:smells like teen spirit acutally captures this trend still.

The video is 19 minutes long....but it's worth it even though the guy has a annoying voice. The end sums it up well.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was really interesting. Dunno what it had to do with Ni or Ti... but it was surprisingly interesting to listen to.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Usually I'm ignored and passed over when explaining just like it says in wikisocion, because I don't use Ne or enough Te for them to string together the whole damn thing.
    Typically if you just take a really trivial observation or pattern—something that could (or rather, should) be said in 1-2 sentences—then somehow expound on it ad nauseam for ~8-10 paragraphs, ½ of which scarcely make sense, then people will surely hail you a profound genius. That seems to work IRL and on here.

Think of kurt cobains smells like teen spirit; he doens't have to use shitons of verbal logic and examples to communicate an idea on a basic level I suppose only other and betas would "get" fully. The intonation, and artistic form of it communcates the idea. Plenty of people still don't get his meaning or say it has none which is ludicrous.
    Most people tend to feel that way about stuff members of their own quadra say. As far as "Teen Spirit" goes, while I've never really thought about it much, I'm pretty sure I grasp the idea being conveyed, and yeah it remains applicable today.

I recently watched a video that I thought perhaps used well to describe another trend I saw many years ago about music and life in general. The idea is kinda of a Rome like downfall in society thats been progressing with a brave new world/1984 twists.
    What would the stuff in this video has to do with the downfall of society… ? And even if it is related—in some distally indirect and inconceivably circuitous 'butterfly effect' kind of way—would it even be all that meaningful in relevant context to consider… ?

The video is 19 minutes long....but it's worth it even though the guy has a annoying voice. The end sums it up well.
    Also not sure what this has to do with or per say, but it was surprisingly interesting video nonetheless. I thought I'd have to close it after 30sec because of the monotone monologuing.

I know nothing about how audio remastering and compression, etc. works, but I'd always heard that the transition from vinyl → 8-track → cassette → CD meant higher audio quality…*but if you're losing some of the complexities in subtle sounds and background ambience of a song (like he mentioned about a Chris Isaak one), then how is that better 'quality'? Unless I'm not understanding something correctly here. Someone who knows better than me plz explain.

The aspect about how the compression practices induce hearing damage, sucks. I listen to stuff at low-vol when wearing headphones, just because I've always been paranoid of this happening. I keep meaning to get a pair of Etymotic headphones, which among their other apparent benefits, help further offset against this sort of thing.

Anyway, 1 of his suggestions about having record companies release less-compressed versions of the same songs, seems a viable solution.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Typically if you just take a really trivial observation or pattern—something that could (or rather, should) be said in 1-2 sentences—then somehow expound on it ad nauseam for ~8-10 paragraphs, ½ of which scarcely make sense, then people will surely hail you a profound genius. That seems to work IRL and on here.
    Silly Te-ego. Conciseness is definitely a bad thing. And don't you feel any good Emersonian wonder at passages you don't understand? Anyway, communication is not only direct content. Cicero is remembered for his rhetoric, not his ideas.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.