what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Default What's starfall's subtype??

I've never made a "what's my type" thread before because I've always been very confident of my self typing of IEI. However, it's my subtype that I'm not so sure of. When I read descriptions I often feel like a perfect mixture of both.

So, based on my online persona, & what some of you may remember of me in my stickam days.... what would you say my subtype is?

Recently found this. It's something I wrote in the IEI Subtypes thread back in the day:

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Hm, I'm not sure of my subtype, as I can relate to both things. I'm beginning to think I'm a socially independent Fe-subtype that has way too much anxiety.

I can be socially charming whenever I want, it comes naturally and it's really not hard for me; but when it comes to maintaining relationships with people it takes a lot of work. Social interactions are a huge chore for me, it takes way too much effort so I prefer to withdraw. Intuitively I know what makes people tick, I know how to manipulate situations, and I know how to avoid what I don't want to get into, but also refuse to let others take advantage of me.

I'm described as being elegant and charming, but also not being "here or there", spacey, detached, coming into and out of social interactions whenever I please. People always get the impression that I'm completely independent from others.
    I used to feel like I was bound by shackles in to my own mind. I've been trying to become less involved with the inner workings of my own world & more so involved in the external world around me. I kind of envy individuals who come off as so naturally vapid in this sense. It's difficult for me.

I find that I'm good at analyzing social situations in my head & piecing the reasons why people think & act a certain way & do different things. I can easily read & analyze people this way, and they will often be surprised and weirded out that I "understand" them so well. I feel like I'm able to be more open minded that most people because of this. It's incredibly hard to offend me. Sometimes I wonder if I should be offended, though. I sometimes feel as if I don't take the world seriously enough... It's often hard to, though.

I also have a very narcissistic & superficial side to me. lol, though I'd rather not discuss that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Intuitive subtype (The Idealist)

Victor Gulenko

Facial expression is typically interrogative, and they seem calm, dreamy, and contemplative. Their line of behaviour is frequently passive. Romantic spirits. They live in the world of illusions, and they attempt to avoid negative emotions. They can be optimistic. They shrink away from conflict situations and support compromises. They are restrained in their clothing, elegant and refined. They can fulfill the functions of an abstract thinker, work in psychology and psychotherapy.

Meged/Ovcharov

The intuitive subtype appears as a quiet, tactful, languid and diffident individual. They seem torn off from reality, inert and poorly adapted to life. However, such impressions are erroneous, for they possess a fine intuition, which aids them in establishing useful connections and obtaining support from influential people. Seem externally serene but sentimentally are disposed to experience moodiness and bouts of melancholy. While their voice at times seems monotonous they often induce a light surprise, even full interest, from the interlocutor. Outwardly are pensive, slightly strained/intense.. Prone to emanate sadness masked in sardonic irony. Speech is measured, smooth and intimately heart-felt. On their face they almost constantly exude a polite half-smile that easily wins people’s trust. Gestures are modest, shy. Gait is ponderous, elegant.

Sexual behavior

Act slowly, are patient and shy. Romantic, elevate themselves in feelings and dream about a great and prolonged love. Yielding in everyday demands (will try to be economically practical if their partner desires). Appear sexually timid, but their aim is for sexual harmony and the reaching of spiritual and physical perfection. Often act somewhat unsure of themselves. Require a volitional, decisive, active and energetic partner, whom possesses feelings of humor and inspiring confidence.
    Ethical subtype (The Diplomat)

Victor Gulenko

Flatters and is charming and communicable. If they see negative emotions in the people around them, they will try to arrange things so that people will calm down. They will mobilize well in dangerous situations. Loves to be in the centre of attention and dramatize proceedings, possesses a sense of humour. They easily manipulate by intonation and voice; can work successfully as a journalist --- They easily succeed in enticing the person they talk to. Outwardly they can appear extravagant; frequently takes a bohemian and bright form.

Meged/Ovcharov

The ethical subtype provides the impression of a soft, charming and emotional person. Usually look inspired and optimistic. Possess a fine sense of humor allowing them to list their problems and failures while smiling. Are ironic, crafty, unpredictably and inconsistent in behaviour and conversation. Creating original contrasts, they can unexpectedly prick and then just as quickly embrace/kiss. Artistic and charming; are eloquent in dialogue, occasionally portraying shades of familiarity and impudence. They’re generally affable, kind and careful. Easily draw attention and thereby attract people; talent towards persuasion: states requests in such a manner that it is difficult to refuse them. Movements are graceful as is their gait. Speech is emotional, rich with shades, sometimes melodious.

Sexual behavior

Strongly emotional and they express their emotions easily. Are coquettish, enticing, and dress with taste. The aesthetes in relations, they value good manners. Know how to provoke their partner’s initiative. Usually remain diplomatic but sometimes become capricious, exacting and easily agitated, however they are easily appeased. Love sexual games and prolonged preparations. Need a strong, loyal, practical, sensitive and initiative-taking partner; and sufficient support in their lives.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=IEI_subtypes

TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted Fe subtype on the basis of how you looked in a couple of photos and your overall persona here, compared with interviews and photos of supposed IEI-Fes. Though I haven't seen a video of you, I get the impression you might be more smooth and composed than I find the Nis to be.

Just my take on it, with fairly limited information. The written descriptions have never given me much insight into subtype, tbh.
    Last edited by golden; 02-07-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're a mix of both too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most likely a Ni subtype imo. Based on my own experience, people of the Ni subtype tend to give me the impression that they are silently intensed as compared to the Fe subtype. With regards to the other forum members, you reminded me of raisonpure to a certain extent (not sure if you remember her).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mixed
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mature

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i wouldn't be surprised if we were the same subtype!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni

Glam you are a blatant Fe sub, silly. You're not as aloof-seeming as starfall, more engaging, less hidden.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni because you are not funny.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the difference between the avatar of starfall and glamourama says enough.

Both point clearly towards a certain subtype.

Not that it's a good typing method, but it's just something I noticed.

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've been told I'm Ni subtype by forum members who know me irl, though I relate to both descriptions - they describe me in different situations (with close friends vs. with acquaintances, when I'm tired vs. when I've had copious caffeine, etc). So I guess you could take me as an example of an Ni-IEI? Or an Ni-IEI evolving into Fe-IEI (if that's even possible)? I don't know.

Hm, I'm not sure of my subtype, as I can relate to both things. I'm beginning to think I'm a socially independent Fe-subtype that has way too much anxiety.

I can be socially charming whenever I want, it comes naturally and it's really not hard for me; but when it comes to maintaining relationships with people it takes a lot of work. Social interactions are a huge chore for me, it takes way too much effort so I prefer to withdraw. Intuitively I know what makes people tick, I know how to manipulate situations, and I know how to avoid what I don't want to get into, but also refuse to let others take advantage of me.

I'm described as being elegant and charming, but also not being "here or there", spacey, detached, coming into and out of social interactions whenever I please. People always get the impression that I'm completely independent from others.
    I relate to this. If it's a short interaction I can be wonderfully charming and make people love me, but if I don't particularly feel drawn to them and have to see them every day, it takes a lot of effort to even greet them in the morning, because greeting always leads to conversations about the weekend and the weather that I don't want to be drawn into...

A lot of the time when I'm hanging out with a group of people I stay largely silent, and only talk when something specific interests me. I can hang out for 3 hours and only say 3 things apart from "How are you?"

I used to feel like I was bound by shackles in to my own mind. I've been trying to become less involved with the inner workings of my own world & more so involved in the external world around me. I kind of envy individuals who come off as so naturally vapid in this sense. It's difficult for me.
    Not entirely sure what you mean by this - elaborate?

I find that I'm good at analyzing social situations in my head & piecing the reasons why people think & act a certain way & do different things. I can easily read & analyze people this way, and they will often be surprised and weirded out that I "understand" them so well. I feel like I'm able to be more open minded that most people because of this. It's incredibly hard to offend me. Sometimes I wonder if I should be offended, though. I sometimes feel as if I don't take the world seriously enough... It's often hard to, though.
    Yeah, same. For example, if I have to confront someone about something important, I'll work out all the possible things that I could say and their likely response to each of them, then pick the best scenario.

I also have an Ni-IEI friend who sees through me with ridiculous ease, it's very disturbing. I wonder if I disturb him too...?

I also have a very narcissistic & superficial side to me. lol, though I'd rather not discuss that.
    I think all IEIs have that Easily distracted by shiny things...

My socionically inclined friends are of the opinion that Ni subs come off as more intellectual and preoccupied with Ti. I think this translates to Ni-IEIs thinking about life and death a lot, and trying to "work out" the meaning of life - when it comes up in conversation, Ni-IEIs tend to have thoroughly developed ideas about "deep" topics. (Is this kind of what you meant by "bound up in your mind"?)

I think Ni-IEIs are also more likely to come up with crazy theories about their bodies and test them out on themselves e.g. weird diets, sleep patterns.

People tell me I'm weird all the time, even though I can't recall anything specific I've done to give them that impression. Does this happen to Fe-subs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I suppose Ni subtype does make a bit more sense... I believe it's a very close draw, though. It also makes sense, seeing as I tend to get along best with Se - SLEs. ;]

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post

I relate to this. If it's a short interaction I can be wonderfully charming and make people love me, but if I don't particularly feel drawn to them and have to see them every day, it takes a lot of effort to even greet them in the morning, because greeting always leads to conversations about the weekend and the weather that I don't want to be drawn into...
    A lot of the time when I'm hanging out with a group of people I stay largely silent, and only talk when something specific interests me. I can hang out for 3 hours and only say 3 things apart from "How are you?"
    Ha, I relate.

Not entirely sure what you mean by this - elaborate?
    I tend to day dream a lot, and I feel as if I tend to think about the simplest subjects with too much depth. I recall things too deeply & get lost in my emotions. Sometimes I feel as if this can lead to depression & pessimism. I'm better in control of my mind now, though. I'm trying to train myself to clear out the clutter.

Yeah, same. For example, if I have to confront someone about something important, I'll work out all the possible things that I could say and their likely response to each of them, then pick the best scenario.
    I do this too! I tend to easily avoid confrontation this way... unless I want to have one. ;]

My socionically inclined friends are of the opinion that Ni subs come off as more intellectual and preoccupied with Ti. I think this translates to Ni-IEIs thinking about life and death a lot, and trying to "work out" the meaning of life - when it comes up in conversation, Ni-IEIs tend to have thoroughly developed ideas about "deep" topics. (Is this kind of what you meant by "bound up in your mind"?)
    Yes, pretty much.

I think Ni-IEIs are also more likely to come up with crazy theories about their bodies and test them out on themselves e.g. weird diets, sleep patterns.
    I do this! I've even gone too far to the extreme before & have gotten myself in trouble because of it... Right now I'm doing the whole protein/weight training thing.

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I tend to day dream a lot, and I feel as if I tend to think about the simplest subjects with too much depth. I recall things too deeply & get lost in my emotions. Sometimes I feel as if this can lead to depression & pessimism. I'm better in control of my mind now, though. I'm trying to train myself to clear out the clutter.
    Is this kind of like, if you have a disagreement with someone, thoughts about what you could have done/can do in the future will stick in your head all day?

I daydream a lot too. I have an extremely vivid imagination, which I think is to my detriment... I feel like I've lived more through my imagination than in real life. I don't think real life can ever surpass the emotional intensity I've manufactured in daydreams, but I'd like it to.

I do this! I've even gone too far to the extreme before & have gotten myself in trouble because of it... Right now I'm doing the whole protein/weight training thing.
    Haha, I'm currently trying a (largely) vegetarian diet to improve my flexibility, I'm also trying to stretch every day... but being an IEI, I have a full day of stretching then can't be bothered the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.