Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hello. Welcome.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

Hello. Welcome.
    Thanks, Maritsa!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What movie or show is your avatar from?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Run while you still can.

Just kidding.

Welcome!!
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

welcome!

chuck is a good show. fyi: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ighlight=chuck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Run while you still can.

Just kidding.

Welcome!!
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    welcome!

chuck is a good show. fyi: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ighlight=chuck
    Thanks!

Oh cool! Thank you for the thread link. Excited to see the typings.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So, who typed you?

How did you come to that type conclusion about yourself?

(this is socionics small talk LOL)
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, who typed you?

How did you come to that type conclusion about yourself?

(this is socionics small talk LOL)
    I welcome the socionics small talk.

I am an INFP in MBTI, and I tested as an IEI on Socionics.com. I've read different IEI descriptions, and they always seem to fit.

But above all, I've asked a lot of my friends to take the Socionics.com test and then looked at the relationships I have with them, and they always play out fairly accurately according to the descriptions of the intertype relationships of an IEI. It's scary how accurate it can be sometimes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    I welcome the socionics small talk.

I am an INFP in MBTI, and I tested as an IEI on Socionics.com. I've read a lot of the IEI descriptions, and they always fit.

But above all, a lot of my friends that I've asked to take the Socionics.com test and then looked at the relationships I have with them, they always play out very accurately according to the intertype relationships of an IEI.
    That's what I fear:
    1. Tests are not accurate and don't let you pick functions you associate with; they test behavior and usually human nature is such that we, our minds, bend to say, "yes, that's me, I'm that." When they really are not.

2. MBTI is the worse test on earth for determining type. Take Extraversion and introversion as an example. By Jung's original definition, one difference between them is that extraverts are oriented towards the outside/objective world; they look at things outside themselves, objects, people, orient themselves to the external environment, watch movies, do things...etc. Introverts are the opposite. MBTI says that if you walk alone or do things by yourself then you're an introvert; that isn't true to Jung's definition of E/I; either one can take a walk alone or do things by themselves (especially anti-social LSE) and be either E or I. The difference is that while the E is taking a walk alone, he/she is being observant of the things/physical world outside their mind while the I is missing things in the external world as they (example: me, I make up dreamy stories in my head) and miss the objective world around them.
    -

Creepy-male

What a Clumsy introduction!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome clumsy
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I fear:
    1. Tests are not accurate and don't let you pick functions you associate with; they test behavior and usually human nature is such that we, our minds, bend to say, "yes, that's me, I'm that." When they really are not.

2. MBTI is the worse test on earth for determining type. Take Extraversion and introversion as an example. By Jung's original definition, one difference between them is that extraverts are oriented towards the outside/objective world; they look at things outside themselves, objects, people, orient themselves to the external environment, watch movies, do things...etc. Introverts are the opposite. MBTI says that if you walk alone or do things by yourself then you're an introvert; that isn't true to Jung's definition of E/I; either one can take a walk alone or do things by themselves (especially anti-social LSE) and be either E or I. The difference is that while the E is taking a walk alone, he/she is being observant of the things/physical world outside their mind while the I is missing things in the external world as they (example: me, I make up dreamy stories in my head) and miss the objective world around them.
    I appreciate your concern and share it. I agree the tests are DEFINITELY not always accurate, and there are plenty of times that I don't agree with results that my friends receive (I always treat results with some apprehension). The tests can often give you wrong results, especially if you misunderstand a question, or if you don't feel the choices provided describe you well. Sometimes you also get wrong results because you don't know yourself well enough to objectively evaluate your own strengths and weaknesses (and be honest about them on a test).

I prefer Socionics over MBTI, mostly because Socionics actually describes and explains the relationships between types (which is my favorite part of Socionics ).

IEI has always felt right to me (I have learned a lot about this type from reading this forum especially), and I feel completely at home in Beta quadra. My strongest functions have always been and in my opinion, but I'm open to your suggestions.

If there are some type descriptions that you recommend, please send them my way. I love learning more about the types and am always open to new information.
    Last edited by Clumsy; 02-06-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    What a Clumsy introduction!

Thank you, Egbert Human.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    welcome clumsy
    Thanks for the welcome, Marie84!

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Run while you still can.

Just kidding.

Welcome!!
    She wasn't kidding Clumsy.

Listen to warrior-librarian, listen to her!

These people here are going to try to... qgeo01rr15E!&-334 9530

(End of transmission)