EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default :)

Type this gentleman.

pictures removed.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-06-2011 at 03:02 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, you know that I need a side pic! LOL
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

100% J type; I'll give that away
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj-LSE of course
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's always engaged in external things when he's with me whether he's looking at books or watching a movie; he gets into them, but something about him tells me that he's showing way too much I for an E type. For example, we had coffee the other night and I wanted to discuss something, but he seemed like he was in his head sort of either not being interested in talking about the topic, not talking to me (maybe trying not to say much), tired or out of it, or just not talking (overanalyzing and reading into that scene a bit much).

We have the same interests...golf, reading, movies, he's a writer and I'm a scene inventor (lol). Does anyone have experience dating an LSI that can put some input into their general behavior during dates?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-05-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
    he looks like actor bradley cooper

VI-wise i don't see a reason why he could not pass for Si-LSE

Bradley Cooper is ESTj type

Ok WE HAVE A WINNER

HE'S MY DUAL!!!!!
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

maybe I'm dating Bradley Cooper
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's cute, Maritsa!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    he's cute, Maritsa!
    yeah but a couple of things are going on...

1. He hasn't talked about where he is in his life and what he wants (I consider that not being honest).

2. I have to put a lid on his Sensors because when he's around me, he can easily lose handle on his T.

3. It's too soon to tell where this is headed and I'm in no rush.
    -

his arm must be around 1.20 m long

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

his arm must be around 1.20 m long
    lol yes, he does have long arms...they are for reaching over and pulling me near him
    -

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know any LSE/ESTj's in person, but I do see the Caregiver vibe for sure. Temperament wise, the first picture looks EJ and the second looks a bit IP.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

awww, he's totally cute. congrats.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    2. I have to put a lid on his Sensors because when he's around me, he can easily lose handle on his T.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

lol yes, he does have long arms...they are for reaching over and pulling me near him
    can't he just pull the leash?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd probably say Se-ISTj for both that guy and Bradley Cooper. Neither of them seem particularly extroverted, plus Beta > Alpha > Delta in terms of overall vibe.

Also Cooper has the same weird, goofy yet 'empty' smile as Seth Green

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw i think it is probably due to the very light-coloured eyes and the sheer mascara but i get delta NF vibes from cooper.
    Delta NFs tend to come off as more airy/spacey than Cooper does. Cooper has this sort of empty intensity to him, like he's observant of the world around him but still has low external energy levels.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... why is this thread NSFW?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I'd probably say Se-ISTj for both that guy.... ....Neither of them seem particularly extroverted, plus Beta > Alpha > Delta in terms of overall vibe.
    Hmm, I thought he reminded me kind of of Jude Law, in an intuitive way, who is ESTp (it could partly just be the eyes), but since hes introverted then ISTj works. I see what you mean by comparison to ISTjs.

Hah btw this is a funny picture of Jude Law I just found http://balderazzi.com/photos/Jude-Law-balderized.jpg

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I don't know any LSE/ESTj's in person, but I do see the Caregiver vibe for sure. Temperament wise, the first picture looks EJ and the second looks a bit IP.
    Yes, he's very much caregiver and so much in the moment, too. He's pulled me aside from being almost run over by vehicles on our dates. When we cross the street he has both hands on my shoulders to stop me and guide me out of harm's way. He sees everything really fast and very well. I like that quality about him, because, let me tell you I can run into traffic with no regard for my surroundings and do put myself in harms way; he called me "gutsy" when he saw me do this, but I didn't want to explain to him that it was because I have weak S and don't or can't accurately estimate moving danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Delta NFs tend to come off as more airy/spacey than Cooper does. Cooper has this sort of empty intensity to him, like he's observant of the world around him but still has low external energy levels.

Watching action around him =Te
    Having low external energy = Si

can't he just pull the leash?
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Hmm, I thought he reminded me kind of of Jude Law, in an intuitive way, who is ESTp (it could partly just be the eyes), but since hes introverted then ISTj works. I see what you mean by comparison to ISTjs.
    He doesn't have the kind of energy to be an Se. At most, he may have displayed demonstrative Se once, but otherwise, I have dated SO SO many ESTp's to tell you his level of energy does not compare.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-06-2011 at 12:36 AM.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

Type this gentleman.
    In my opinion he looks like Johnny Depp: (And I don't think he looks ESTj =\. Sorry Maritsa.) Maybe Delta, who knows.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mountain Dew, please remove his pictures from your post; I plan on deleting them later. Thank you.

And, thank you for sharing your type suggestion. I would appreciate if you could offer insight on how you are on dates, generally. If you could give me some idea of how you act etc.

Type Note: I've been told by my duals who are very aware of themselves that Se ego types exhaust them, make them feel tired.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

Ok removed the pictures for comparison. He does look like Depp in the face though, I think.

How am I on dates? Spunky, playful, fun-loving. Try to go somewhere and have a good time. How is this type related? Usually go out and do some activity, and try to make a personal connection. Talking about my life, friends, what I like to do for fun, etc. Get my date to laugh. Be respectful and courteous. Etc. etc. NTR?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok you're just like my brother in law and my sister's X BF who was also LSI. He is quiet, not as energy-full as the other Se ego types I've known generally. He enjoys long walks with me but in not a frantic pace, one that is comfortable with me. He liked to stop and look at things meticulously. His playful nature was only teasing me when he would walk in front of me and then stop or walk me off the sidewalk (not into danger ofcouse). Generally, his energy is not as quick paced as my brother in law's as an example.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

Ok you're just like my brother in law and my sister's X BF who was also LSI. He is quiet, not as energy-full as the other Se ego types I've known generally. He enjoys long walks with me but in not a frantic pace, one that is comfortable with me. He liked to stop and look at things meticulously. His playful nature was only teasing me when he would walk in front of me and then stop or walk me off the sidewalk (not into danger ofcouse). Generally, his energy is not as quick paced as my brother in law's as an example.
    I don't see how you can apply a typing/rule so forcibly, while at the same time mentioning a counter-example in the same post.

An LSI unlike others with Se-ego? ... So there are exceptions, you're saying... and don't know how you can infer that I don't have a 'lot of energy'... I was just speaking generally, you still don't know exactly what I'm like on a date.

At least here's proof that you don't type every guy as ESTj or ISTp! As others claim.

How would you expect an ESTp to act on a date? Or, more back to the original topic, ESTj?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I don't see how you can apply a typing/rule so forcibly, while at the same time mentioning a counter-example in the same post.

An LSI unlike others with Se-ego? ... So there are exceptions, you're saying... and don't know how you can infer that I don't have a 'lot of energy'... I was just speaking generally, you still don't know exactly what I'm like on a date.

At least here's proof that you don't type every guy as ESTj or ISTp! As others claim.

How would you expect an ESTp to act on a date? Or, more back to the original topic, ESTj?
    You're asking me to use a lot of Ti (which you may know that I can't use a lot of, but I will certainly try, as I see no harm in trying)

ESTp - ESTj The differences in energy are starkly different. A typical ESTp date usually takes me to a spontaneous unplanned road trip, on the back of a motorcycle and end up at the coast line cruising LOL for hours...wow you need real energy and an a love to explore and experience for this.

An ESTj date is usually a dinner in some quiet dark corridor with wine and pleasant but quiet ambience and great quality food...no escapes or run away kind of fun here, let me assure you. So I hope you can already see the difference. Now, my duals demonstrate Se, talking about going dancing and such but don't do it as often as they prefer Si energy (which is conserving energy).

ISTp and ISTj date My first ISTp bf and the several dates that followed included very very low energy activity. They talk like they can take you budgie jumping and wild fun like ATV riding, but they do it very very rarely , instead preferring to sit down somewhere for a long time or cuddle.

ISTj - I can only speak of observation from my friend's X's is that they work a lot of hours and one particularly used to drop into town take her out to a fancy restaurant but one that involved drinking and dancing and just out and about energy. I should have said "spanky, playful, fun loving."

Even that creative Se tends to exhaust me quite a bit. I prefer the low energy kind, but not as low as Si base. When I see this "spanky and playful" nature of LSI's and I can show you many, it's a turn off for me...sorry.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-06-2011 at 01:27 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What I meant by other Se ego types was either SLE or LSI not other Se as in SEE and etc.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp likes to cuddle. this is true. dark wine bars with lovely ambiance. Not loud clubs with too much Fe and sweaty crowds of people. lol They may go motorcycle riding though... but generally by themselves, not so much with a group.

Mountain Dew, you sound like a lot of fun!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think I just ruined this by telling him about socionics and that I've typed him. But, he seems to take it rather positively so far. He asked me to type Beethoven and he said he was sure that they were the same type, which is true. He's even asked to read about Carl Jung's original work. His Te base is coming out in full blast now. He is beginning to tell me all about which things (external, objective) he likes; all the books, movies, poetry, oh gosh so so many things that I can't keep up with, all the classical musicians and etc. I hope he doesn't expect me to compete with how much he can observe and how much he's interested in or is able to observe and experience, because there's not a shot in the world that I would be able to keep up with such a mind that lives to see action around him.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol! I never tell people about socionics! I don't want them to think I'm crazy.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Snaps

Ok removed the pictures for comparison. He does look like Depp in the face though, I think.

How am I on dates? Spunky, playful, fun-loving. Try to go somewhere and have a good time. How is this type related? Usually go out and do some activity, and try to make a personal connection. Talking about my life, friends, what I like to do for fun, etc. Get my date to laugh. Be respectful and courteous. Etc. etc. NTR?
    ESTp - ESTj The differences in energy are starkly different. A typical ESTp date usually takes me to a spontaneous unplanned road trip, on the back of a motorcycle and end up at the coast line cruising LOL for hours...wow you need real energy and an a love to explore and experience for this.

ISTp and ISTj date My first ISTp bf and the several dates that followed included very very low energy activity. They talk like they can take you budgie jumping and wild fun like ATV riding, but they do it very very rarely , instead preferring to sit down somewhere for a long time or cuddle.

ISTj - I can only speak of observation from my friend's X's is that they work a lot of hours and one particularly used to drop into town take her out to a fancy restaurant but one that involved drinking and dancing and just out and about energy. I should have said "spanky, playful, fun loving."
    This is even more proof then that I'm ESTp. I'm still not sure why you think I'm ISTj.

I don't know how "go out and do some activity" immediately meant a low-energy activity... I think you're jumping to lots of incorrect conclusions about me, Maritsa. I'll just keep explaining myself more then lol.

I love action! While I don't own a motorcycle, was thinking of saving up and getting one, I have already gone on bike-rides on dates. I love doing physical activity with someone I like... going for a run even, if they're sporty too, shoot basketball a bit, maybe play some tennis. And I've already just driven around for fun too. And I have been called "spontaneous" before too, like you described in ESTp, as well "unpredictable". Among other things... some by my close friends which should not be repeated on here lol... but I'm very active.

And... although, even according to your personal testaments, I fit ESTp more... (which you keep denying, and I find amusing )... I still can't trust your personal testaments or other typings all that much... do you know of any Russian socionics descriptions which tell what certain sociotypes are typically like on dates?

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    ISTp likes to cuddle. this is true.
    Mountain Dew, you sound like a lot of fun!
    I don't think cuddling is type related. Even most guys I've talked with admit they love cuddling, but it's not the manliest thing to admit in public, I'd say.

Not liking cuddling = they weren't hugged as a child. = NTR.

And thanks! Oh, and one reason I've learned not to be too extreme on the first few dates, is I don't want to scare the girl away. I like doing something new, being spontaneous, and at least walking around somewhere with the girl, check out shops and stuff, explore a bit, but not too much right in the beginning lol. Don't want to freak them out, ya know.

Which brings me back to... yeah. Maritsa lol, don't mention socionics for a while. I know it's very tempting to type people and tell them what you think, but wait like a month or so maybe. Like timewaster said.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love action! While I don't own a motorcycle, was thinking of saving up and getting one, I have already gone on bike-rides on dates. I love doing physical activity with someone I like... going for a run even, if they're sporty too, shoot basketball a bit, maybe play some tennis. And I've already just driven around for fun too. And I have been called "spontaneous" before too, like you described in ESTp, as well "unpredictable". Among other things... some by my close friends which should not be repeated on here lol... but I'm very active.
    !! And, I have a motorcycle--I fell in love with it after riding around with an SLE on his, lol, and you should definitely get one.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Redbaron, he ended up being ISTj not ESTj.
    There were a few giveaways:

1. He was not clean, neat and organized. He had books in all sorts of strange piles and they were in categories, like plays, classical writings, history, etc.
    2. He had paper all over his dinning room table and none of it was organized.
    3. He had calendars and schedules, which he uses to prioritize his time.
    4. He has this hourglass by which he keeps how much time he spends on his writing.
    5. He was Si demonstration, very laid back, but also non planned actions gave Te devalued away.
    6. He wanted to experience emotions through talking and physical contact.

He was still very protective of me when I crossed the road. He seemed to want Se, to take off impulsively and have some fun.

I'm glad I took it really slow and what I initially thought were traits associated with Te were really Se and that was affirmed by his lack of methodical steps in action/task accomplishment.

YOU CAN HAVE HIM WHEN YOU COME OVER.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao. Please say you broke up with him because he wasnt ESTj

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    lmao. Please say you broke up with him because he wasnt ESTj
    He gathered that I valued Fi and we spoke about not being a match for each other and we've decided to just be friends. We live in the same neighborhood so we have to be cordial to one another as we often see each other walking around on the weekends. Anyway, I wouldn't want to have anything further with him because anything sexual just leads to awkwardness of relations and steps across or creates vagueness of boundaries, which I don't want.

So, yes. Even though he is a REALLY great guy and super great looking in every way.......we're ultimately not compatible with one another. I do enough analysis on my own and any more Ti would just create hyper introversion, which I don't want and that Se will constantly keep an eye on things that I do that don't matter to me. I don't need my T's crossed and I's dotted when I have to try to look at Ne, bigger pictures and that will bother him too. It's not going to work as a romantic relations.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was he into bondage?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redbaron, he ended up being ISTj not ESTj.
    There were a few giveaways:

1. He was not clean, neat and organized. He had books in all sorts of strange piles and they were in categories, like plays, classical writings, history, etc.
    2. He had paper all over his dinning room table and none of it was organized.
    3. He had calendars and schedules, which he uses to prioritize his time.
    4. He has this hourglass by which he keeps how much time he spends on his writing.
    5. He was Si demonstration, very laid back, but also non planned actions gave Te devalued away.
    6. He wanted to experience emotions through talking and physical contact.

He was still very protective of me when I crossed the road. He seemed to want Se, to take off impulsively and have some fun.

I'm glad I took it really slow and what I initially thought were traits associated with Te were really Se and that was affirmed by his lack of methodical steps in action/task accomplishment.

YOU CAN HAVE HIM WHEN YOU COME OVER.
    awesome! The way you describe him sounds like like this ISTj husband of my INFj friend. They've been married for about 12 years but they fight a fair bit... it's not great.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    was he into bondage?
    We got to 1st base, kissing, holding hands and hugging. He's not into that sort of thing at all.
    -