LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Socionics test with a VI component

I just stumbled upon this test:

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

It's different from any other socionics test I've seen because the second half has a VI component where you rate which person in the pair you feel you'd be more compatible with.

The first time, it got my type spot-on, LII-1Ne, even though I really struggled with the VI part. I know I overthunk the choices and you're only supposed to take a few seconds on each one.

Then I took it a second time and got ILI-1Ni. I'm not sure why it assigned Ni subtype when I scored more points for Te. Maybe its a glitch. Also not sure why it assigned me this type when I thought for sure I rejected several photos of people I thought looked obviously gamma- especially gamma SF. The second time around, I also spent less time analyzing the photos and went more on gut feel. Also some of the photos on the second testing were different than the first time around. So there's probably some huge photo database with only certain ones randomly selected.

Verdict: I think the VI part still needs work but still a cool concept. Just take the result with a grain of salt.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sometime I'd like to get around to posting examples of pictures from that test that I felt I'd be compatible with, along with those that I felt a distinct incompatible vibe. It would be interesting if several of us did that, maybe we'd start to see some patterns.

People who gave an intelligent and thoughtful vibe got my vote. So did people who appeared emotionally expressive and upbeat. But there's limits. Anyone who appeared too off the wall emotionally dramatic lost my vote.

A couple of the pictures looked depressed and nihilistic as hell or even hostile about things. They did not get my seal of approval.

A couple looked borderline slutty. Again, a no-go.

People who looked arrogant- another major turn off.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

that was fun. i had taken the test on that page awhile back, before it had the VI component and that time i scored EII with LII closely behind. other possible types a little different this time. (and i don't remember it having subtypes before either?)

Sociotype: EII-1Fi

aka INFj, The Empath, , and Ethical Intuitive Introvert
    Other Possible Types
    1.IEE (ENFp): 84% as likely as EII
    2.IEI (INFp): 75% as likely as EII
    3.EIE (ENFj): 69% as likely as EII

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Sometime I'd like to get around to posting examples of pictures from that test that I felt I'd be compatible wjith, along with those that I felt a distinct incompatible vibe. It would be interesting if several of us did that, maybe we'd start to see some patterns.
    i was thinking the same thing as i was doing it. i wondered where they got the photos from and if maybe they were people from around here who type themselves and volunteered, though. i mean, it's a cool idea, but maybe potentially kind of awkward, lol. anybody know about this, where the photos are from? i guess its kind of weird even if they're total strangers, but it's not like we've never talked about how we feel about photos of total strangers on the forum before. :wink:

edit: if anybody else is hip to this and wants to start something like this, we could use photos of actual random googled strangers, hah. (but i'm starting to feel really weird now. )

People who gave an intelligent and thoughtful vibe got my vote. So did people who appeared emotionally expressive and upbeat. But there's limits. Anyone who appeared too off the wall emotionally dramatic lost my vote.

A couple of the pictures looked depressed and nihilistic as hell or even hostile about things. They did not get my seal of approval.

A couple looked borderline slutty. Again, a no-go.

People who looked arrogant- another major turn off.
    interesting that i'm an Fi type and i didn't form such strong conceptions of the people in the photographs. i didn't see "nihilistic" or "arrogant," really, so much as an undefinable and fuzzy impression of either "comfortable/good" or "uncomfortable/bad." some of them were easier to choose between than others, but i didn't struggle with any of them.
    Last edited by ashlesha; 02-05-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I created the test but it is still quite a few months from being done. Results will probably be inconsistent for a while. The vi idea was actually taken from an idea labcoat had a while back.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
    I created the test but it is still quite a few months from being done. Results will probably be inconsistent for a while. The vi idea was actually taken from an idea labcoat had a while back.
    the results have been sane so far, hah. thanks!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

what are the numbers in the "Model A Function Strengths and Values" section about? it says my strength and value of Fi is 35% and my strength and value of Ne is 40%? does that seem right, or are there kinks being worked out on that? just curious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    what are the numbers in the "Model A Function Strengths and Values" section about? it says my strength and value of Fi is 35% and my strength and value of Ne is 40%? does that seem right, or are there kinks being worked out on that? just curious.
    The principals those numbers are based on is accurate (at least according to my own view of information metabolism); i.e., those numbers you provided comply with the principals and are typical of an Ne subtype. However the accuracy of your specific result is unknown given that the test is still being developed.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The principals those numbers are based on is accurate (at least according to my own view of information metabolism); i.e., those numbers you provided comply with the principals and are typical of an Ne subtype. However the accuracy of your specific result is unknown given that the test is still being developed.
    thanks.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotype: EII-1Fi
    aka INFj, The Empath, , and Ethical Intuitive Introvert
    Other Possible Types

1. IEE (ENFp): 87% as likely as EII
    2. IEI (INFp): 81% as likely as EII
    3. ESI (ISFj): 67% as likely as EII

I was curious to know the difference between 'Relative Strength' and 'Relative Value'?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post

I was curious to know the difference between 'Relative Strength' and 'Relative Value'?
    Relative strength is simply a measure of how capable or effectively you use a specific element relative to how well you use the other elements contained in either your mental or vital block. Relative value is the same expect it measures how much you value the element. As such, you'll see a large variance between relative value and relative strength in your super-id block (thus the need to seek others strong in these elements and who also value them to alleviate the imbalance).

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting test. I'm always excited to see new ones.

At the same time, it felt kind of... ugly and dirty rating people like that based on photos. I wonder how much it affected the final score.

Sociotype: EII-0

aka INFj, The Empath, and Ethical Intuitive Introvert
    Other Possible Types

1. LII (INTj): 71% as likely as EII
    2. IEI (INFp): 71% as likely as EII
    3. ESI (ISFj): 62% as likely as EII

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotype: ESE-1Si

Other Possible Types:
    1. SEI (ISFp): 94% as likely as ESE
    2. SEE (ESFp): 70% as likely as ESE
    3. SLI (ISTp): 68% as likely as ESE

I could tell after round one it was looking at me as some type of SF.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotype: ILI-0
    aka INTp, The Critic, , and Intuitive Logical Introvert
    Other Possible Types

1. IEI (INFp): 84% as likely as ILI
    2. SLI (ISTp): 80% as likely as ILI
    3. LII (INTj): 59% as likely as ILI

edit: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/index.php?est_id=548
    Last edited by 717495; 02-05-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    Sociotype: IEI-2Ni
    aka INFp, The Romantic, , and Intuitive Ethical Introvert
    Other Possible Types

1. IEE (ENFp): 94% as likely as IEI
    2. ILI (INTp): 92% as likely as IEI
    3. ILE (ENTp): 78% as likely as IEI

RSV3 I also really enjoyed the V.I component .
    Can you or someone else please explain what the 2Ni means?

I also struggled deciding between some questions and photos...but not that many really...fantastic test!

Oh, and my Ignoring Ne scored as high as Leading Ni and Demonstrative Fi scored as high as Creative Fe!
    Thanks. 2Ni simply means you have a moderate Ni subtype.

The idea for the vi component was based on labcoat's idea in this thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=30296

For anyone else interested in this test, here are a few things to know. The vi component is based on the hypothesis that although most people cannot reliable type others based on photos alone, they have some ability, whether consciously articulable or not, to judge relative compatibility. My development of the test was partially for the purpose of testing this hypothesis. Images are selected semi-randomly from a large pool and the algorithm attempts to control for non-socionic factors (e.g., matching individuals with same gender, same attractiveness, same age, etc.). Currently, the vi component is not weighted very heavily; however eventually, the goal is to have the entire test be visually based.

If you take the test, be aware that it is still evolving and thus results may not be what you expect. Also, please answer the questions honestly as I do spend quite a bit of time analyzing the data to make adjustments.

I should add that anyone can upload images to the tests' image pool; also, all the images in the pool can be typed if you are a registered user. Both these things can be done at www.sociotype.com/VI.
    Last edited by RSV3; 02-05-2011 at 06:09 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woot!

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/index.php?est_id=552

Sociotype: LIE-1Te

aka ENTj, The Entrepreneur, , and Logical Intuitive Extrovert Other Possible Types

1. ILI (INTp): 82% as likely as LIE
    2. LSE (ESTj): 82% as likely as LIE
    3. LII (INTj): 76% as likely as LIE
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some questions I couldn't really answer, they were too vague. Like do I use facts or my heart to make decisions? and do I focus on things that are moving or things which are constant? Most things are constant if you look around yourself. Its typical that the same patterns occur over and over in nature, and details are more or less trivial to me, but typical. Also, do you look at things through your senses and see shape and color, or through patterns? That is such an odd question for me to answer, since I do most of this stuff you listed. I think most people see what's around themselves fairly easily, process what they're about to do and why they're doing it, and the patterns more often form in the back of their mind as an afterthought. So I had to go back and answer these even though I didn't really have a real answer, but I got the same result I usually get on tests. I liked the VI section, but at the same time parts also kind of confused me personally.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The test is a bit disorganized, and some of the questions are vague and unrealistic.

I still like Hugo's 8 (or so) question test the best.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Korpsey

Fuzzy calculations are required to assign a response strength to each answer, so I'd be more comfortable with a bar of five or seven buttons describing an always-never continuum than I was with the sliders. I also found a few of the questions difficult to answer in an exclusive either/or fashion, particularly those seemingly related to intuition.

The VI part was interesting and fun, and went smoothly after I followed the instruction (!) to reflexively choose which of each pair seemed the best pick to be stuck with on an island.

The result was:
    ILI-1Te
    ILE (ENTp): 81% as likely as ILI
    LII (INTj): 78% as likely as ILI
    LIE (ENTj): 78% as likely as ILI

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/index.php?est_id=559

Sociotype: ILE-1Ti

42%
    33%
    8%
    17%

1. LII (INTj): 95% as likely as ILE
    2. ILI (INTp): 85% as likely as ILE
    3. LIE (ENTj): 82% as likely as ILE

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotype: ILE-1Ne

aka ENTp, The Inventor, , and Intuitive Logical Extrovert
    Other Possible Types

LII (INTj): 80% as likely as ILE
    IEE (ENFp): 64% as likely as ILE
    ILI (INTp): 55% as likely as ILE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    RSV3 my husband just completed your test and is interested in whether or not the results can be shown separately between the questions and VI. If so, he asks can you please if it is not to much work provide his separate results for the two. I included his test id number below.
    Also he is wondering how he scored low in Ti and Te yet all three likely other possibilities are T types?

Test Result
    Congratulations! You have completed the test. For future reference, the link to this result is www.sociotype.com/tests/index.php?est_id=557

Sociotype: SEE-3Se
    aka ESFp, The Diplomat, , and Sensing Ethical Extrovert
    Other Possible Types

1. LSI (ISTj): 95% as likely as SEE
    2. SLE (ESTp): 91% as likely as SEE
    3. SLI (ISTp): 91% as likely as SEE
    Sorry, I can't separate out the two components at this time. The breakdown of strengths and values does not take into account the other possible types, only SEE. I did notice an error in your husband's results (actually an error in everyone's results, but you brought it to my attention) and have fixed it (his Ti was too low); if you click on the link to his results, they are fixed. I think in regards to your husband's test results, you should consider anything over 90% to be very likely. Thus ESFp or ESTp would be my guess.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotype: IEE-1Fi
    aka ENFp, The Psychologist, , and Intuitive Ethical Extrovert
    Other Possible Types

1. EII (INFj): 80% as likely as IEE
    2. SEE (ESFp): 64% as likely as IEE
    3. IEI (INFp): 61% as likely as IEE
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How about using sliders for the VI component like there is for the first half?

Some questions, I had a clear preference but for many, I didn't.

Or how about this:

Instead of choosing between pairs, how about just showing one photo at a time and then using a slider to rate that picture's compatibility?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't work for me.

My results:

Sociotype: IEI-1Fe

Other Possible Types

SEI (ISFp): 83% as likely as IEI
    IEE (ENFp): 65% as likely as IEI
    EIE (ENFj): 60% as likely as IEI

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotype: LII-1Ne

INTj, The Analyst and Logical Intuitive Introvert
    Other Possible Types

1. ILI (INTp): 96% as likely as LII
    2. LIE (ENTj): 90% as likely as LII
    3. ILE (ENTp): 83% as likely as LII

Nice one, the VI part was interesting. But was does the number mean? (LII-1Ne)
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Images are selected semi-randomly from a large pool and the algorithm attempts to control for non-socionic factors (e.g., matching individuals with same gender, same attractiveness, same age, etc.). Currently, the vi component is not weighted very heavily; however eventually, the goal is to have the entire test be visually based.
    How do you measure attractiveness? It's largely subjective.

I should add that anyone can upload images to the tests' image pool; also, all the images in the pool can be typed if you are a registered user. Both these things can be done at www.sociotype.com/VI.
    Some of those pictures look awfully familiar........

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I still like Hugo's 8 (or so) question test the best.
    Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Nice one, the VI part was interesting. But was does the number mean? (LII-1Ne)
    I think it means slight Ne subtype. The number indicates the subtype strength. LII-0 is balanced between the subtypes. LII-3Ne is a strong Ne subtype.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI-1Te. Self-typing ILI-Ni. Accuracy acceptable.

I really hoped for the split between VI and conventional test results. Also, slider for VI sounds good. Some were easy to choose, some weren't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great test. Best I've done so far.

Sociotype: ILE-0
    aka ENTp, The Inventor, , and Intuitive Logical Extrovert
    Other Possible Types

1. LII (INTj): 91% as likely as ILE
    2. LIE (ENTj): 79% as likely as ILE
    3. ILI (INTp): 79% as likely as ILE

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ILI-0 for what it's worth. With LIE as the next best choice.

There needs to be a test that focuses on Model A dispositions, I think that would be less subjective and easier for a person to identify in himself.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked this test! The VI part was cool. I got IEI-1Fe. Interesting. With EIE coming up in second place (91% as likely).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotype: IEI-0

Other Possible Types

EIE (ENFj): 81% as likely as IEI
    EII (INFj): 77% as likely as IEI
    IEE (ENFp): 70% as likely as IEI

lol wtf, this test used to be so good. What happened?
    The VI parts seemed really stupid. I feel like the test doesn't take into account general attractiveness of the people or of the test takers' unconscious racism.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i liked the sliders, ftr. when i take the tests with the scales of bubbles i find myself overfocusing on, like, hmm, do i "slightly agree" or "mostly agree?" with the sliders i felt less hemmed in about making sure it was exactly the right answer.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it means slight Ne subtype. The number indicates the subtype strength. LII-0 is balanced between the subtypes. LII-3Ne is a strong Ne subtype.
    Okay, this is the most reasonable explanation, but I wanted to be sure. The result fits pretty well as a whole, I'm positively surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    ILI-1Te. Self-typing ILI-Ni. Accuracy acceptable.
    Totally robotic judgement. Maximum understandability.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

ILE 1 Ne

89% ILI
    85% LII
    76% LIE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sociotype: LSE-0
    aka ESTj, The Director, , and Logical Sensing Extrovert

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fascinating. I got LII-0. Like others have said, some of the questions were pretty abstract and difficult to answer, but I really enjoyed the V.I. section. If you've studied the data, RSV3, how closely do people's results in the V.I. section tend to match their results in the quiz section?
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton2 View Post
    Fail. I got Ti-SLE.
    heh.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton2 View Post
    Nuh uh.
    *I* don't care what type you are! I just find it amusing, is all. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast