Thread: Evil 8w9s

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Evil 8w9s

So....... in popular media they are all pretty much bad guys, eh?

Darth Vader
    Senator Palpatine / Dark Lord
    (Voldermont?)
    "The Terminator"?
    Sephiroth?

Maybe Auron from FFX
    And the main character from Lady Hawke

Maximus, from Gladiator - perhaps an example of a "Good" 8w9

you could kind of say batman in the dark knight is, but, IDK.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently

popular media (as in typing 8w9 into youtube) also has other stereotypes about 8w9s...

If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hans Landa? Though I could see an argument for type 3 too

Drill Sergeant in Full Metal Jacket

Vic Vega in Reservoir Dogs (btw NSFW)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In reality, unhealthy 4s are probably the most dangerous type. I don't think 8s are all that evil. They're too obvious, too much out in the sun to be that evil.

3s are a lot more evil than 8s imo. 3s are more naturally disconnected to the emotional world.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GEORGE W BUSH OLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    apparently

popular media (as in typing 8w9 into youtube) also has other stereotypes about 8w9s...
    eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that none of those people are 8w9.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, in popular media there seem like plenty of good guy 8w9s. Wolverine, Hellboy, Mufasa, Beast (both in Beauty and the Beast and probably X-Men), etc etc.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    In reality, unhealthy 4s are probably the most dangerous type. I don't think 8s are all that evil. They're too obvious, too much out in the sun to be that evil.

3s are a lot more evil than 8s imo. 3s are more naturally disconnected to the emotional world.
    Hmm, how would 4s be more dangerous? I see Palpatine as being a 3, and yeah more evil than Darth Vader. Use of the dark side of the force might not be type related though, lol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Because you never expect the sensitive, gifted artistic person to lash back and be mean. But that's exactly what the columbine boys were...

I've seen the softest, shyest, most 'tender' people do the most violent things to people.

It's usually lashing back against how they were treated, but still.

Other types are just too obvious for me.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fudge Packers In Disguise can be pretty evil, yeah

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ ryu "eh" that is a canadian expression. Ya eights are typecasted as the bad guys but in real life anyone can be evil.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Because you never expect the sensitive, gifted artistic person to lash back and be mean. But that's exactly what the columbine boys were...

I've seen the softest, shyest, most 'tender' people do the most violent things to people.

It's usually lashing back against how they were treated, but still.

Other types are just too obvious for me.
    They can emo themselves up into a real dither and then take it out on other people yes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../TheUnfettered
    Possible 8w9 troupe

1. Prioritizes ruthlessly: In the pursuit of Goal Z, there is no X that Unfettered Bob is not willing to sacrifice, be that X money, the lives of friends and family, reputation, jobs, whatever. How ambitious the goal is does not matter; the only possible problem Unfettered Bob has with ambition is the chance of poor resource allocation. That's to say, he'll only pass up sacrificing X now if he needs X down the line and Goal Z would be equally served by sacrificing Y instead. Unfettered Bob can judge harshly and instantly weigh the costs and value of priorities relative to Goal Z. If he can achieve Goal Z without losing his girlfriend Alice, that's great, but if the enemies hold her hostage and saving her's not an option, Alice isn't going to get more than maybe an apology and a mental note by Bob to avenge her after Goal Z is completed. (Unless Goal Z is "protect Alice at all costs", in which case the bad guys could hold the rest of humanity hostage in exchange for Alice and Bob wouldn't give a damn.)
    2. Ignores moral guidelines: The Unfettered is not just above good and evil, he's left that behind a while ago. All that matters is "helps achieve goal" or "impedes achieving goal". Does Unfettered Bob have to find a cure for Ebola, AIDS and cancer in order to overthrow the evil empire? Okay, he'll do it, the evil empire's pharmaceuticals CEOs are going to find themselves running out of business. Wait, now Bob has to burn down an orphanage to get at the Emperor? Okay, he'll do that too, sorry kids. (By extension, the Moral Event Horizon trope never applies to an Unfettered character.)
    3. Devoid of apprehension or indecision in their actions: When Unfettered Bob makes decisions, he makes them now, and doesn't waffle over them. Neither failure, nor anything else, is feared by these characters, since for them regret is irrelevant if not impossible. It's not even a question of not giving up for these characters; they simply can not look at the world in a way where their goal appears impossible (unless they change their mind and their goal, in which case the new goal is likewise viewed). This doesn't mean Unfettered Bob is hasty, though; an unfettered character is willing to wait years to achieve their goal if that sort of patience is required.
    4. Lacks emotions, or doesn't let them interfere in decision making: There are two reactions an unfettered character can have to doing something unsavoury, like sacrificing comrades or innocents. They can react with callousness and indifference, showing no real emotion or feeling of loss. Alternatively, they can react with much emotional anguish - but this anguish has no effect on how they behave. Unfettered characters showing this second reaction may cry or be physically sick when in private, or even when publicly making the sacrifice, but that won't slow them down. They do not worry, since anxiety is irrelevant to achieving their goals.
    5. Is devoted to a specific goal, not a set of principles: The Fettered is the guy you're looking for if you want someone devoted unflinchingly to a moral code. The Unfettered has a specific goal state in mind. Even when devoted to a broader cause, an unfettered character can boil it down to something very specific and often personal; i.e. the cause of "overthrow the evil empire and make the world a better place" may in the eyes of The Unfettered boil down to "wipe that bastard Emperor off the face of the earth and send his oppressive imperial government with him". It is not enough for The Unfettered to be devoted to a single person, either; there must be a goal accompanying them (i.e. "I want to protect that person at all costs", "I want to achieve that person's goals at all costs", "I want to make that person stronger at all costs", etc.) Some Zen-inspired philosophical Unfettered may have the specific goal of "do what you want to do at the moment without hesitation". These characters can be really scary.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg walker texas ranger is 8w9....
    Nah, he's 1w9

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're sick you know that?

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other day I came across a theologian named Reinhold Niebuhr. He is a christian realist and one of the more interesting aspects to his philosophy is he says that pride is the root of all evil. He meant pride in the sense of self-love or self-glorificaton as oppossed to sacrifical love - a christ like love.

here is a famous quote you may recognize:
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." - Reinhold Niebuhr

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you're sick you know that?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying to butter me up with baked goods only works some of the time.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

trying to butter me up with baked goods only works some of the time.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHe looks like she's in a musical rather than being threatening.