TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSI-ISTj is the only dependable Beta

In descending order:

1. IEIs live in lala land and regard people who expect them to live up to voluntarily accepted deadlines as being too demanding.

2. EIEs are high energy and good at being on time, but they're also the kind of person who says "I'll call you tomorrow and we can hang out" and then never calls you. Both IEIs and EIEs are prone to suddenly vanishing during AIM conversations, which is okay every now and then, but not on such a consistent basis.

3. SLEs are only on time when it comes to business or sex. In all other matters they are often liable to show up whenever they feel like it, offering either no excuse because they don't care or giving an irritated "Fuck off" kind of thing. This is the most acceptable kind of flakiness, because at least it is direct and quantifiable.

4. LSIs are punctuality personified anthropomorphically. I am virtually never late for anything. Only on a few extremely rare occasions have I been late for work, for school, or for any other appointments. If I say I will call you, I call you. If I say I'll give you a ride somewhere at a certain time, then I will most likely be there ten minutes early to pick you up. Other LSIs I have known have shared these same characteristics.

Conclusion: LSIs are the only Betas you can trust. The only sane ones. The only ones who consistently adhere to basic courtesy and conscientiousness.

OR MAYBE I'M JUST TROLLING.

I am part serious and part trolling, so don't take everything I said literally; it's lighthearted.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can depend on the undependable to be dependably undependable thus their dependability forms around undependability which allows you to depend on them only when they will be dependable.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So true.

LSIs- we say what we mean, and mean what we say

And that AIM vanishing thing is so annoying

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post
    And that AIM vanishing thing is so annoying
    When I talk to other EIE's (especially the girls) are like that. But I never do that. ha
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm usually always early for everything. Normally it's not by choice...I hate sitting around knowing I have to be a certain place at a certain time, I get super impatient so I'll leave 40 minutes early for a place that's 10 minutes away. I find myself waiting on others a majority of the time. I just don't get what's so hard about time management and having a little respect for the other person.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Weak and ridiculous stereotypes, some might even say returded.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...you're not an LSI, that post was some of the most unreliable data ever. But yeah, Beta J types in general are probably dependable. Delta J types, are also probably dependable. Maybe J types in general, are all dependable! But that's just a stereotype, and it's not 100% related to types.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this not type related??? I must've missed the memo everyone here apparently got that personality typing doesn't consist of lumping people into catagories because i'm pretty sure that's the point of personality typing...to narrow people down into a catagory. This place has gotten ridiculous lately with all the fear of labeling.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am saying that it's type related, in general. J types are probably more predictable in general. But you can't seriously expect to say that it's type related on a case-to-case, individual-to-individual basis, to say that this type is always dependable, and this type is always undependable, because these things can also be learned.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    How is this not type related??? I must've missed the memo everyone here apparently got that personality typing doesn't consist of lumping people into catagories because i'm pretty sure that's the point of personality typing...to narrow people down into a catagory. This place has gotten ridiculous lately with all the fear of labeling.
    Well yes, that is the point of personality typing, but, narrow as the categories are, there's still quite a bit of wiggle room. I mean, if you want to tell me that every extant IEI has no time management skills at all ever then I will roll my eyes SO MOTHERFUCKING HARD that they will tear free from the nerve stem and slosh right out of eyesockets.

I mean, I realize I'm getting all hyperbolic here, but behaviour-wise, types can only predict stereotypes. Generally useful, but never really specifically applicable.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol @ the whiny Alpha responses.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's ascending order.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    That's ascending order.
    Depends on how you measure it.

I was thinking 4 3 2 1.

Meaning, from least dependable to most.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you used the numbers 1 -> 4 and ordered them from least dependable to most dependable, which would be ascending.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    Well you used the numbers 1 -> 4 and ordered them from least dependable to most dependable, which would be ascending.
    Uh... yeah... I got that. Thanks for the kindergarten lesson.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, but then again, I might be biased in seeing Ijs in general as the most naturally dependable types... LSIs to me are the ones that are usually dependable to a fault, because they take their systems very seriously. They see how maintaining a consistent pattern of behavior/actions regardless of obstacles is what keeps things going, and in relationships with people, establishes trust and dependability.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Uh... yeah... I got that. Thanks for the kindergarten lesson.
    You're welcome.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LSI stepfather is pretty bad about being anywhere on time. I mean, he's not the only one making us late, but he is one of them. It really pisses off my ESE mother when he tries to cram in one last task that inevitably takes too much time.

The IEI stereotype was amusing, though.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i wanna say my EIE sister is pretty dependable in the sense that she takes charge of running her household - she keeps track of the bills, calls the landlord when necessary, makes sure the place is clean and decorated nicely, etc. then again she lives w/two lazy IEIs so she might not have a choice, lol. i can tell it probably stresses her out though, feeling like she always has to do everything.

also she never forgets if she owes me money or something like that (i do forget.)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In descending order:

1. IEIs live in lala land and regard people who expect them to live up to voluntarily accepted deadlines as being too demanding.

2. EIEs are high energy and good at being on time, but they're also the kind of person who says "I'll call you tomorrow and we can hang out" and then never calls you. Both IEIs and EIEs are prone to suddenly vanishing during AIM conversations, which is okay every now and then, but not on such a consistent basis.

3. SLEs are only on time when it comes to business or sex. In all other matters they are often liable to show up whenever they feel like it, offering either no excuse because they don't care or giving an irritated "Fuck off" kind of thing. This is the most acceptable kind of flakiness, because at least it is direct and quantifiable.

4. LSIs are punctuality personified anthropomorphically. I am virtually never late for anything. Only on a few extremely rare occasions have I been late for work, for school, or for any other appointments. If I say I will call you, I call you. If I say I'll give you a ride somewhere at a certain time, then I will most likely be there ten minutes early to pick you up. Other LSIs I have known have shared these same characteristics.

Conclusion: LSIs are the only Betas you can trust. The only sane ones. The only ones who consistently adhere to basic courtesy and conscientiousness.

I am part serious and part trolling, so don't take everything I said literally; it's lighthearted.
    Well, that would be Se demonstrative and a lot of Extraverted observation for such an introvert, as you kinda claim to be (even though this is telling that you're not); also it's in order (Te). Hummm makes me wonder why you didn't ignore it.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Well, that would be Se demonstrative and a lot of Extraverted observation for such an introvert, as you kinda claim to be (even though this is telling that you're not); also it's in order (Te). Hummm makes me wonder why you didn't ignore it.
    Ooh! Ooh! What about me?! What's my type?
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And, there aren't any spelling errors...Dj

So, do you wanna be perfect???

Cuz, I love your perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! What about me?! What's my type?
    The clue to your type lies in these posts taken from previous threads in which you contributed...

I wouldn't say this is a rationalization of laziness. The way I see it, I've been hired by my employer to provide a number of services for the company. I'm paid only to complete those services. So, if I've finished all of the work that's asked of me and for which I am getting paid, why should I be expected to do more? If I do someone else's job will I get someone else's pay to go with it? No, probably not.
    Thirding this. Taking up some extra responsibility at work is a great way to pass the time (since nothing is more excruciating than watching the clock) and it also staves off the guilt of getting paid to sit around and do nothing but it's important to remember that you're an employee. They're buying your skills and services by giving you a paycheck. If they see your extra effort, which you do as a nicety, and start expecting you to perform to that level all the time, then they can pay you extra for it.
    and the answer is found here in one of Aushra's articles on Extraverts and Introverts, specifically students of each type and their performance styles...

http://socionics.org/theory/Default....d=jungbio.html
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-02-2011 at 05:57 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-Snaps

SLEs are only on time when it comes to business or sex. In all other matters they are often liable to show up whenever they feel like it, offering either no excuse because they don't care or giving an irritated "Fuck off" kind of thing. This is the most acceptable kind of flakiness, because at least it is direct and quantifiable.

LSIs are punctuality personified anthropomorphically. I am virtually never late for anything. Only on a few extremely rare occasions have I been late for work, for school, or for any other appointments. If I say I will call you, I call you. If I say I'll give you a ride somewhere at a certain time, then I will most likely be there ten minutes early to pick you up. Other LSIs I have known have shared these same characteristics.

So basically SLEs are on-time for the stuff that actually matters. What do you want? A gold star for being early for hanging with friends? All of your 'conscientiousness' often goes unnoticed, and you get walked over and taken advantage of.

Anything with business, I am on time. Always. If it affects other people whom I don't personally know. I respect their time. I expect them to respect my time. Always. Same goes with school meetings, meeting friends/people I don't know that well, appointments, etc.

If it's someone I'm personally friends with, so what if I'm 10 minutes late? Is the activity we're doing time sensitive? Ie. trying to make it to the movies by a certain time? Your example, giving a car ride for someone, so they can make it someplace on time? Stuff like that, it really depends what it's for. I can't say I'm always on time. I can't say I even care. What's wrong being a few minutes late?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I've found that SLE's actions tend to match their words. If they say they're going to do something they're usually pretty good at making it happen.
    Exactly. As long as it gets done. That's all that matters. If I say I'll make it happen, it'll happen.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I've found that SLE's actions tend to match their words. If they say they're going to do something they're usually pretty good at making it happen.
    I think Peter's original post is pretty accurate. This bolded part here is the kicker. I've found that SLEs pretty much avoid/refuse to make promises in the first place. So when they do, they'll make it happen but they tend to wanna leave everything open-ended.

edit: I'll also say that I'm rarely late for anything. But I can be unpredictable when it comes to other things like returning calls/texts. Depends on how I feel. And I'm like SLE in that I hesitate to promise unless I already know it's something I'm planning on doing or that it fits into my goals of what I wanted to do anyway, etc.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think Peter's original post is pretty accurate. This bolded part here is the kicker. I've found that SLEs pretty much avoid/refuse to make promises in the first place. So when they do, they'll make it happen but they tend to wanna leave everything open-ended.

edit: I'll also say that I'm almost always on time. But I can be unpredictable when it comes to other things like returning calls/texts. Depends on how I feel. And I'm like SLE in that I hesitate to promise unless I already know it's something I'm planning on doing or that it fits into my goals of what I wanted to do anyway, etc.
    To some extent that's an Ep trait.

My EIE dad is ALWAYS early for everything, and annoyingly so, and expects it from everyone. But that might have been taught to him by my LIE mom. IEIs are by nature late. (Yes, a stereotype, but as with a lot of stereotypes there's truth in it even if it isn't 100%.) I can't complain too much because I am random as far as lateness goes. Which absolutely annoys LSIs. I try to be on time but then I'll have forgotten like three things until the last moment or I'll suddenly notice something I wanted to do, or whatever.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

process-J: always 20-30 minutes early.
    result-J & process-P: more or less on time
    result-P: often kinda late
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all this discussion is pretty stupid. It depends on the particular person.

You're generalizing too much. Ij means mental rigidity and nothing else. You can be rigid about an habit of being late, mean or whatever. You could say it's a virtue to fulfill promises, but it could also be seen from the perspective of not being able to move your schedule one bit due to your mental rigidity.

It would be far more interesting to discuss what makes two members of the same type so different. There are betas I dislike to the bone while there are others I admire.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think I am generalizing too much, then fuck off, because you miss the point of typology. Very tragically and embarrassingly.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    You're generalizing too much. Ij means mental rigidity and nothing else.
    "I blame others for being too general. Now listen to my 2nd sentence which ironically is a general statement as well."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    "I blame others for being too general. Now listen to my 2nd sentence which ironically is a general statement as well."

Well that's kind of a classic response of someone strong in Ti to someone weak in Ti when we contradict ourselves, so I'll put a tick in the "maybe Ti" column for you. LOL.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, but that's because she's Ti PoLR... You can't expect her to see what you saw...the difference (contradiction) !

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Well that's kind of a classic response of someone strong in Ti to someone weak in Ti when we contradict ourselves, so I'll put a tick in the "maybe Ti" column for you. LOL.
    LOL you and I just said the same thing in different ways.

Yes, he is Ti, LIKE I've been saying.

But, I get you, you don't settle quickly and need more examples to be sure, so go ahead and dig for more info.

If you think I am generalizing too much, then fuck off, because you miss the point of typology. Very tragically and embarrassingly.

YOU'RE STILL MY DUAL AND THERE'S NOT A GRAIN OF TI IN YOU.
    Because, unlike MD, you don't point out people's contradictions in logic, only looking for consistency.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was no logical contradiction. Fail.

Creepy-Snaps

There doesn't need to be a logical contradiction for there to be irony.

P.S. Lighten up. Smile.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There doesn't need to be a logical contradiction for there to be irony.

P.S. Lighten up. Smile.
    I was talking to Maritsa.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

it may not be a "logical" contradiction, nevertheless it is one where Ti PoLR individuals contradict themselves. Ti polr individuals will notice that the person said something once before but ignoring rules of consistency will say something else later on; MD observed this inconsistency in mike and both Mariella and I noticed that he caught it because he values that function's ability to observe these actions.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-17-2011 at 06:31 AM.
    -

TIM
    IEI, INFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In descending order:

Haha, you definitely *are* an ISTj. Even though I live in la la land as an IEI, I will say I am prompt and on time when it comes to meeting people and sticking to my promises. Or wait... I think so? Let me get back to you about that

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much. The way I see it:

IEIs are dependable as Windows 98.
    LSIs are dependable as Linux.
    EIEs are dependable as Mac OS X.
    SLEs are dependable as Windows Vista.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Pretty much. The way I see it:

IEIs are dependable as Windows 98.
    LSIs are dependable as Linux.
    EIEs are dependable as Mac OS X.
    SLEs are dependable as Windows Vista.

This is one of the most alpha posts I've ever seen!

Loose, light-hearted, speculative correlations regarding sociotypes and technological products... the only way to make it more alpha would be to include the actor justin long or a neon clad japanese girl holding a hello kitty

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In descending order:

Basically agree.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    This is one of the most alpha posts I've ever seen!

Loose, light-hearted, speculative correlations regarding sociotypes and technological products... the only way to make it more alpha would be to include the actor justin long or a neon clad japanese girl holding a hello kitty
    Hey Juju, wanna see my Weewee?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast