Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Supervisor (The work-kind)

  1. #1
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Supervisor (The work-kind)

    He tends to have a lot of ideas that usually revolve business ventures; hostels, photography, book-selling etc. On the other hand, he quite often thinks about worst-case scenarios. He is very good with his hands; carpentry and garden work. In his own words, he likes to think himself as a "Philosopher and artist" and admitted to not having friends. He's a good conversationalist and likes sharing his stories experiences with people. Doesn't believe in religion and societal norms (e.g. elections being rigged, government going to take over, being anonymous). Has a tendency to slack off and procrastinate.

    LIE/ENTj boss does not get along with him, accused him of being too emotional, having "crazy ideas," complaining, and talking behind people's backs.
    IEI/INFp co-worker does not get along with him, accused him of being "an asshole," lazy and having "power-trips" with his "superiority-complex."
    SEE/ESFp co-worker does get along with him, very well.
    EIE/ENFj co-worker intuitively sensed he was "lazy" fellow.

    I can get along with him to a degree, he tends to go off a lot about stuff centered around him (e.g people doing him wrong) to which I just listen. It seems like stresses him out. He also ignores his wrong-doings, and points out everybody's faults voluntarily.

    Seems very passive-aggressive, and he has snapped and yelled at people. He can be condescending and dismissive, but he admitted, he doesn't like managing people.

    I gave him one of the tests and he scored between IEI/INFp and LII/INTj.

    But what do you think he is?

  2. #2
    Creepy-Korpsey

    Default

    Link test plx.

  3. #3
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    Link test plx.
    This was the only one viewable one via my phone at the time:

    http://www.socionic.qsh.eu/Test.aspx

  4. #4
    Creepy-Korpsey

    Default

    It'd be useful to know:

    * Why he objects to , whether he finds it simply indigestible or is showing impatience with those who suggest actions or ideas he's already considered and rejected.
    * Circumstances under which his arrogance and power-tripping materialize.
    * The type of errors he's likeliest to point out in others.
    * His explanation for having no friends.

    **************************

    Just for benchmarking purposes, the test (which I hadn't seen before) returned ILI > ILE > LII for me.

  5. #5
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    You work with tcaud?
    Uh oh...

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    It'd be useful to know:

    * Why he objects to , whether he finds it simply indigestible or is showing impatience with those who suggest actions or ideas he's already considered and rejected.
    Personally, I don't think he finds it indigestible, but I do think it gives him the stomach cramps. I remember an instance where he was showing impatience towards our LIE/ENTj boss when he was showing us stuff. Deadlines, cutting back in favor of efficient methods, and especially prioritizing important matters bothers him a lot. He thinks he has a better way of handling things.

    * Circumstances under which his arrogance and power-tripping materialize.
    Well, it started when our boss basically turned him into a supervisor. When he was a fellow co-worker, he didn't display power-tripping at all. No arrogance was there. However, nowadays, the way I see it, it's randomly, I don't think anything specifically from fellow co-workers triggers his power-tripping. What I think triggers it is when he is fed massive (from our boss) that he overdoes himself and pours it out on everyone.

    * The type of errors he's likeliest to point out in others.
    I don't think it's about errors that are most likely he's going to point out, it's more like there's "always an error" someone makes, small or big. For instance, if you're 5 minutes late, he'll point out despite him being over an hour late. If you made a water spill that someone made, he'll point it out, despite him making the exact spills. My guess is that he does this to make himself "better" to the boss, and ironically enough, our boss sees right through this. In our own boss's words "He blames everybody, but himself." You could do the perfect job, but "you forgot to flush the toilet" to a co-worker.

    * His explanation for having no friends.
    That actually popped out when i gave him The Cube game, where the part with the flowers (represent friends in the game) came into play. There were no flowers in his world, and at the end of the game, I told him "That means you keep your friends away from yourself" to which he replied "That probably explains why I have no friends."

    Just for benchmarking purposes, the test (which I hadn't seen before) returned ILI > ILE > LII for me.
    What do you self-type as anyway?

  6. #6
    Creepy-Korpsey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    But what do you think he is?
    Edit: I'd guess Ne-LII. His Ti-Ne ego easily finds fault with others' deviations from his idealistic standards while he himself fails, via Se-PoLR, to recognize the same in his own performance. He's disinclined to lead because role Fi hampers his confidence in communicating his ideas for implementation while suggestive Fe limits his ability to package his message appealingly or cooperate with others. Vulnerable Se and limiting Te are reactive to the LIE boss's positional authority and Te-informed instructions. Similarly, those could also be instrumental in the formation of his conspirazoid attitude toward government's socio-economic control and his dismissal of its institutions as inauthentic. His tendency to gossip and blow up dramatically results from his Fi surfacing in an ugly fashion when his Ti is thwarted by Te.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    What do you self-type as anyway?
    Ni-ILI
    Last edited by Korpsey; 01-29-2011 at 11:44 AM.

  7. #7
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He sounds ILE, to me. ILE-Ne, or ILE-Ni. Intertype relations don't match, but the guy seems pretty clearly Fe-valuing -- I'm forced to assume the SEE is mistyped. If every auxiliary individual is correctly typed, then IEE-Fe.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  8. #8
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,115
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless
    Well, it started when our boss basically turned him into a supervisor. When he was a fellow co-worker, he didn't display power-tripping at all. No arrogance was there. However, nowadays, the way I see it, it's randomly, I don't think anything specifically from fellow co-workers triggers his power-tripping. What I think triggers it is when he is fed massive (from our boss) that he overdoes himself and pours it out on everyone.


    I don't think it's about errors that are most likely he's going to point out, it's more like there's "always an error" someone makes, small or big. For instance, if you're 5 minutes late, he'll point out despite him being over an hour late. If you made a water spill that someone made, he'll point it out, despite him making the exact spills. My guess is that he does this to make himself "better" to the boss, and ironically enough, our boss sees right through this. In our own boss's words "He blames everybody, but himself." You could do the perfect job, but "you forgot to flush the toilet" to a co-worker.
    He's in over his head. He's desperately finding something to "enforce" because he doesn't know what he's doing or is supposed to do in his new position. It's not power-tripping, imo. because it sounds more like stress, and not like something he enjoys at all. That it happens especially in response to "massive Te" suggests Te as a particularly weak area that he doesn't know how to handle.

    Given that, and the type relations, I'm going with SEI. The "no friends" thing doesn't matter one way or another for type. Even Fe egos can be friendless.

    That not only an EIE, but also an IEI found him lazy, says IP and Si quadra likely as that's who is more likely going to look lazy to both of those types. Same clubs are usually pretty easy to get along with in a work environment, so SEE getting along with him wouldn't be surprising. And you're able to tolerate him despite his stressed-out and self-centered behavior, another point for alpha. I disagree with the LII suggestion, because it doesn't make sense with how the IEI,EIE,SEE and LIE all react to him and their impressions of him.

  9. #9
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Based on what you've got there, he sounds more SEI than anything else. But it sounds like you have a negative impression of him and you self type as ILE? So I'm not sure. I think it's possible not all of the people you typed in that story are typed correctly.

    Also, it's common for people of all types when they first get into a position where they have to be in charge to overdo it until they get used to being in charge.

  10. #10
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    Edit: I'd guess Ne-LII. His Ti-Ne ego easily finds fault with others' deviations from his idealistic standards while he himself fails, via Se-PoLR, to recognize the same in his own performance. He's disinclined to lead because role Fi hampers his confidence in communicating his ideas for implementation while suggestive Fe limits his ability to package his message appealingly or cooperate with others. Vulnerable Se and limiting Te are reactive to the LIE boss's positional authority and Te-informed instructions. Similarly, those could also be instrumental in the formation of his conspirazoid attitude toward government's socio-economic control and his dismissal of its institutions as inauthentic. His tendency to gossip and blow up dramatically results from his Fi surfacing in an ugly fashion when his Ti is thwarted by Te.



    Ni-ILI
    This sounds about right.

    I could definitely see Ne-LII/INTj, I've thought about ILE/ENTp also. The is pretty obvious and valued. He does remind me of my LII/INTj friend now that I think about it and especially the way we talk. One keyword they use a lot is "probabilities."

    In the beginning when things were cool, the IEI/INFp made him laugh the most. I could totally see the -DS at play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    He sounds ILE, to me. ILE-Ne, or ILE-Ni. Intertype relations don't match, but the guy seems pretty clearly Fe-valuing -- I'm forced to assume the SEE is mistyped. If every auxiliary individual is correctly typed, then IEE-Fe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Based on what you've got there, he sounds more SEI than anything else. But it sounds like you have a negative impression of him and you self type as ILE? So I'm not sure. I think it's possible not all of the people you typed in that story are typed correctly.

    Also, it's common for people of all types when they first get into a position where they have to be in charge to overdo it until they get used to being in charge.
    I don't think he is SEI/ISFp at all. Socionically speaking, there is nothing in his ego that has or . can be seen from a mile away though.

    But the most who is most likely to be mistyped is the SEE/ESFp, she's a co-worker that comes by once in a while.

    The LIE/ENTj, EIE/ENFj and IEI/INFp whom I see a lot: I'm 100% sure of their type.

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    He's in over his head. He's desperately finding something to "enforce" because he doesn't know what he's doing or is supposed to do in his new position. It's not power-tripping, imo. because it sounds more like stress, and not like something he enjoys at all. That it happens especially in response to "massive Te" suggests Te as a particularly weak area that he doesn't know how to handle.

    Given that, and the type relations, I'm going with SEI. The "no friends" thing doesn't matter one way or another for type. Even Fe egos can be friendless.

    That not only an EIE, but also an IEI found him lazy, says IP and Si quadra likely as that's who is more likely going to look lazy to both of those types. Same clubs are usually pretty easy to get along with in a work environment, so SEE getting along with him wouldn't be surprising. And you're able to tolerate him despite his stressed-out and self-centered behavior, another point for alpha. I disagree with the LII suggestion, because it doesn't make sense with how the IEI,EIE,SEE and LIE all react to him and their impressions of him.
    Would it be common for an SEI/ISFp to not just talk down about others, but to abuse power? This is how the IEI/INFp also described it to me in his words. I have a very hard time seeing an SEI/ISFp do this.

    Our boss desperately wants him to take a vacation, but he doesn't want to because he wants to "prove himself" once again.

    P.S. I simply have a neutral stance towards him. The way I see it, he's made mistakes, I've made mistakes, no need to kill each other for it, but it seems despite that, he still tries to remain on the imaginary "top" to our boss.

  11. #11
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,115
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Would it be common for an SEI/ISFp to not just talk down about others, but to abuse power? This is how the IEI/INFp also described it to me in his words. I have a very hard time seeing an SEI/ISFp do this.
    Not common, but also not common for an LII. Also, as Mariella stated, it's NTR to go overboard in a new supervisory position. And I only have what you described to go from. I don't know if SEIs are more or less likely to act like that than anyone else, but if it's related to Te. . . IxTjs are more likely to just get bored with Te, it's not threatening at all.

    P.S. I simply have a neutral stance towards him. The way I see it, he's made mistakes, I've made mistakes, no need to kill each other for it, but it seems despite that, he still tries to remain on the imaginary "top" to our boss.
    yeah, I gathered that you were neutral rather than positive, and maybe you're just generally pretty easy-going and easy to get along with, but thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •