Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: A random thought about Ne

  1. #1
    Creepy-male

    Default A random thought about Ne

    In specific base Ne.

    Ne is an extraverted function. Because of this, it has an element of active searching. I think a key thing to Ne dominants is their active searching and connecting. This is a very key distinction between Ne dominance and random creativity (which is NTR).

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's also an Accepting/Static/Diffuse function, which in part accounts for it's character of inconstancy and chaos.

  3. #3
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne refuses to collapse in on itself, so it lacks intimacy to me. Anything that can't destroy itself for another, I have a hard time trusting. Cause hey, I am the ROMANTIC of the story and all that.

    Now the instinct when you destroy yourself is that you'll have nothing if you do it. But really when you destroy yourself, things get burst out and you have everything. To me, Ne is just this flighty thing that goes nowhere because it doesn't properly pierce anything... Ni is more like a direct laser beam that gets toward your heart. And bursts it open, so all of reality can be healed. I mean it's like the 'emo fag vampire poetry' people make fun of INFps for writing. But that 'emo fag vampire poetry' is doing something very important: It's killing me. And I deserved to be killed so all of nature can go on.

  4. #4
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Ne refuses to collapse in on itself, so it lacks intimacy to me. Anything that can't destroy itself for another, I have a hard time trusting. Cause hey, I am the ROMANTIC of the story and all that.

    Now the instinct when you destroy yourself is that you'll have nothing if you do it. But really when you destroy yourself, things get burst out and you have everything. To me, Ne is just this flighty thing that goes nowhere because it doesn't properly pierce anything... Ni is more like a direct laser beam that gets toward your heart. And bursts it open, so all of reality can be healed. I mean it's like the 'emo fag vampire poetry' people make fun of INFps for writing. But that 'emo fag vampire poetry' is doing something very important: It's killing me. And I deserved to be killed so all of nature can go on.
    lol no its because you are an irrational, dude. I am an Ni type yet I hate most change, because it requires to much readting for my weak function(ie Se). Nature is whore that wants to go on and on and on with the cycle of birth/life/death/birth...etc but the rational elements would have it another way(if only they could , ha).

  5. #5
    Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah... and that's why ENTps are called the "Searcher". They are in a search for something. But... what?

  6. #6
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Yeah... and that's why ENTps are called the "Searcher". They are in a search for something. But... what?
    The portal to the realm of "New and Amazing Things".
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  7. #7
    KazeCraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would be careful about the idea of Ne as searching for newness. Not that Ne doesn't do that, but rather other individuals may seek change to rectify some instability. However, the distinction is that Ne is 'addicted' to the search, whereas others are fine once they've found what they're searching for.

    ...I think.

  8. #8
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KazeCraven View Post
    I would be careful about the idea of Ne as searching for newness. Not that Ne doesn't do that, but rather other individuals may seek change to rectify some instability. However, the distinction is that Ne is 'addicted' to the search, whereas others are fine once they've found what they're searching for.

    ...I think.
    Irrational functions seek stimulus and Rational functions seek closure/execution. "Newness" is not far-off.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  9. #9
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aye. From what I understand, is quite connected to novelty.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  10. #10
    not gonna be around as much anymore
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For me, being Ne-Base, it's not so much that I'm always actively searching for newness, but more like the newness bombards me often against my will. If that makes any sense...I can't help being attracted to new ideas and new experiences. I don't even have to try to find these things; they find me, and sometimes I have to force myself to ignore the allure because I have responsibilities.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

  11. #11
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    For me, being Ne-Base, it's not so much that I'm always actively searching for newness, but more like the newness bombards me often against my will. If that makes any sense...I can't help being attracted to new ideas and new experiences. I don't even have to try to find these things; they find me, and sometimes I have to force myself to ignore the allure because I have responsibilities.
    A shift in focus of action, sure, but this still essentially sounds like active searching and pursuit

  12. #12
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For me, being Ne-Base, it's not so much that I'm always actively searching for newness, but more like the newness bombards me often against my will.
    I see this as one of the essential differences between an Accepting and Creating function. The former is passive, receptive and reactive, the second active, initiative taking and focussedly agentive.

    This can to a limited extent also be said of Dynamic and Static respectively. The convergence is given rise to by the fact that Accepting is Focal when Dynamic and Creating is Focal when Static.

  13. #13
    Creepy-male

    Default



    Said it better than me.

  14. #14
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It seems to me that both Ne and Se have that element of active search, being Ep functions. It's like if either of the aforementioned IEs get too out of control, Eps can easily get distracted by things and start instinctively seeing the next thing that piques their interest. It's a lot like what pianosinger said, the distractions more come to them than the other way around. This seems to be somewhat mediated in the Ji-Eps, but it's still there from what I can tell.

    Also @ pianosinger, it's things like what you posted that make me say Ne sub for you
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  15. #15
    not gonna be around as much anymore
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Also @ pianosinger, it's things like what you posted that make me say Ne sub for you
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

  16. #16
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes.

    From one ILE description I read "goes for the bird in the bush" or something. Once the bird is in the hand, it is no longer in the bush.

    From my experience, Ti creative in ILEs is the way a new idea is verified, or a new theory is made, then it suddenly becomes less significant than a new thought or project. LII on the other hand will want to optimize their system and Ne creative will "apply the system" to possibilities. LII sounds more efficient to me, but not fun enough .

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Yeah... and that's why ENTps are called the "Searcher". They are in a search for something. But... what?
    The "Seeker." I like that name for the Ne-ENTp. Since Ti-ENTp utilizes Ti-creative more seems like the other ILE name "Inventor" would fit them the best, being those people like Augusta and Einstein. They seem more thoughtful, letting novel ideas adapt and develop more, letting them come to them rather than seek them out around every corner. Still Ne base but closer to the normalizing subtype.

    Another way of saying it might be, a Ti-ENTp trusts that there's more potential in their Ti than an Ne-ENTp does, potential which is mostly all a Ti-based idea will end up being to them anyway. I think creative subtypes have a "sift through the creative to power the dominant" sort of attitude. I'm not really surprised when some Ne-ENTps wouldn't relate to having a strong sense of Ti, because they're often more detached from processing it, or Ti-INTjs with Ne, or Ni-INFps with Fe. Shoot, am I off topic yet?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by male View Post
    In specific base Ne.

    Ne is an extraverted function. Because of this, it has an element of active searching. I think a key thing to Ne dominants is their active searching and connecting. This is a very key distinction between Ne dominance and random creativity (which is NTR).

    Thoughts?
    I agree. I think Xe ego block elements are all active and searching, and where you get most of your energy from.
    Ne would be actively searching for abstract connections
    Se for sensory experiences (physical connections)
    Te for organized physical movement
    Fe for organized emotional movement

    Introverts probably only are actively searching and being energized when being creative (Xe being their creative function)
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 03-26-2014 at 05:15 AM.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    EII sx/so
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    I agree. I think Xe ego block elements are all active and searching, and where you get most of your energy from.
    Ne would be actively searching for abstract connections
    Se for sensory experiences (physical connections)
    Te for organized physical movement
    Fe for organized emotional movement

    Introverts probably only are actively searching and being energized when being creative (Xe being their creative function)
    Yes no wonder I barely have energy unless I am feeling creative

  19. #19
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    Ne refuses to collapse in on itself, so it lacks intimacy to me. Anything that can't destroy itself for another, I have a hard time trusting. Cause hey, I am the ROMANTIC of the story and all that.

    Now the instinct when you destroy yourself is that you'll have nothing if you do it. But really when you destroy yourself, things get burst out and you have everything. To me, Ne is just this flighty thing that goes nowhere because it doesn't properly pierce anything... Ni is more like a direct laser beam that gets toward your heart. And bursts it open, so all of reality can be healed. I mean it's like the 'emo fag vampire poetry' people make fun of INFps for writing. But that 'emo fag vampire poetry' is doing something very important: It's killing me. And I deserved to be killed so all of nature can go on.
    Destroying yourself sounds kind of unhealthy in any relationship. I'm glad I can't destroy myself for anything else hahah.

    But that last paragraph sounds superbeta so that might be why.

  20. #20
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a function that gets way excited about new ideas and the possibility of where each of these ideas will lead in the future withput Ni which tracks the happening of events to an ultimate event. The excitement is so overwheling that when the person is living the idea they can't see themselvea getting bored or quitting because the idea is going to lead them to such an amazing future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •