not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFp interests: things that IEEs study

totally stealing this idea from the Alpha forum...

conceptual science

literature

psychology (of course)

people & personality

health and wellness, nutrition

design (landscaping, interior, clothing, whatever)

anthropology

All of the above are things that I have personally been interested in, may or may not apply to other IEEs...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot Journalism. Many IEEs are into that.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post

conceptual science

literature

psychology (of course)

people & personality

anthropology

All of the above are things that I have personally been interested in, may or may not apply to other IEEs...
    i concur with all of those, especially anthropology and health&wellness/nutrition.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a newspaper reporter.
    Creativer writers
    Teachers
    Social workers
    I know several IEEs who work with computers, mainly my husband's friends from work
    Minister
    I worked with a couple of IEE engineers - one was an environmental engineer and one was in charge of working with interns
    I know an IEE who works at a kind of farm commune place
    School guidance counselor

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Otherwise i just study whatever topic happens to be of interest to me at a certain time. Those can be transient though.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I was a newspaper reporter.
    Creativer writers
    Teachers
    Social workers
    I know several IEEs who work with computers, mainly my husband's friends from work
    Minister
    I worked with a couple of IEE engineers - one was an environmental engineer and one was in charge of working with interns
    I know an IEE who works at a kind of farm commune place
    School guidance counselor
    Oh i thought we were just talking about things we like to read about and explore, not just our professions. I think any type can be any profession really (with some predilection to certain fields i guess).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Oh i thought we were just talking about things we like to read about and explore, not just our professions.
    In the alpha threads I posted lists of jobs I knew people had, so I did the same here, but I don't think there are any rules.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, the IEEs I know are into:

Teacher (math/politics/history, I know, weird combination but that's what she does)
    Electrical engineering
    Mechanical engineering
    Software (I'm doing Software Engineering myself and it's full of Deltas )
    Chemistry (kind of a delta thing too ime)
    Medicine

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i agree with medicine/health/wellness. my IEE mom is a nurse, and has been interested in healthcare since she was a little girl. she has other Delta friends working in healthcare (i've identified a few as EII, IEE, and a possible LSE). i think the industry in general is Delta, not that everyone working in healthcare is Delta of course.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will vouch for the fact that there are many MANY MANY different types within the medical and allied health profession. All types are well represented, really.

My mom's cardiologist sounds like an IEE. Her gp LSI or LII to me, from things she's told me. I haven't personally met them though.

I know an EII who is a hematologist, divides his time between patient care and research, like 50/50. I know a bunch of people who are going into heme/onc who are alphas and betas too. An LSE friend of mine is as well.

I know a few delta STs who are in critical care medicine or going into it. So are an EIE and ?SEE.

Nephrology tends to be mostly alpha and delta, ime. "Nerdy" is the word that is in my mind.

Anesthesiology tends to repel delta NFs.

Surgery attracts beta STs (though, again, contains all different types) and LSEs.

I can't really draw any further trends than this because it's just so diverse.

I've also met nurses of all types.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any other IEE's think they could have done well in Marketing and Advertising? It's not something I'm really interested in pursuing, but the psychology of it all kind of interests me...

I followed The Apprentice for a couple of seasons (before it just got stupid), and I would get so annoyed with some of the contestants and their marketing choices...like, I'd be sitting there critiquing what everyone was doing, and thinking to myself "man, I could do this so much better!"
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, I did know an IEE a few years ago who passed away who had been in advertising. So there's one anyway.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as long as I wouldn't need to give eloquent presentations too often, I could see myself enjoying marketing/advertising. Sounds like a fun, creative job!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    If there's a theme to IEE lists, I think it'd be that pretty much everything's on it.

I did it for a good while, albeit a role heavier on research/analysis than the creative stuff.

No question, it's loads of fun and as interesting as you make it; but (for me, anyway) it's kinda hard to do it without feeling super-sketchy and devious (or something) when the day's done.

A Day In The Life: "Hey, I've got something you don't want, don't need, and don't even know about; but I'ma make you drop dolla on it NOW! ...You won't know why; you won't know how; but who cares really? ...Yo' money is mine!"
    My Major: Incredibly Bio/Neuro-heavy Psych. (...Was mistake.)

My Near-Minor: Foreign Language (Japanese), but bailed an hour or two short.

My "Kinda Wish I Woulda Done It"s: Film, Architecture and Urban Design, East Asian Studies (or "Contemporary Cultural" studies of pretty much any people-group not "my own").

Most IEEs know are happily working in healthcare-lite fields (i.e. Medical stuff short of MD (WA aside); Mental/Psych stuff short of PhD/PsyD).
    Actually a bunch of my MD colleagues are IEEs. As I said, all parts of the healthcare field have all sorts of types (and there are a lot more allied health professionals than physicians, in general). Could also just be the circle of acquaintances you happen to know.

I think educational level isn't type related, nor is how good a student one is nor is how adept one is at math or science. What is likely type-related is what sort of path one chooses within one's chosen profession, one's practice style, and the motivations therein.

p.s. why do u regret majoring in bio-heavy psych? And what are you thinking of doing with it?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw i'm noticing that a lot of us IEEs have enjoyed studying foreign language(s). I dont know how it's been for others but my motivation for doing this has been from an anthropological standpoint.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post

conceptual science

literature

psychology (of course)

people & personality

anthropology

As interesting as all of these fields of study are, my interest in most of them is more passive than anything else. The only ones that really stick out for me personally are people and psychology.

In short, lots of people like lots of different things irregardless of type.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably is my "circle", really.

The common-est thread between them is/was this feeling of: "There's no way I'm spending four/six/eight/whatever more years in school, even if it gets me the field's top job."

Without a doubt, most (or all) of them could whip up a doctorate if they put their minds to it, but the sheep-skin didn't quite seem worth it to 'em.
    I'm sure they could, and that's a totally valid attitude. Sometimes I wonder if I wouldnt' have been happier entering the job market sooner, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CILi
    I majored in Psych 'cause (lame as it sounds) I wanted to learn how to make people smile, laugh, and finally be "happy".

Neurosci and Behavioral Bio weren't remotely that. (...Ugh, four years of life I can't get back. )
    you can still do that, can't you?

The way I see college is it's just an intro and background material for the more practical applications you might do down the line. Most of the time, what you learn in college really is useless. TELL me about wasted courses!!! Why did I need to take 2 semesters of calculus, thermodynamics, and detailed organic chemistry if there was absolutely no use for them in med school nor residency, nor medical practice???? Organic chem I have not needed to revisit since my senior year of college. Calculus i could have gotten by without, easily.

You can see your education, though, as offering you more broad options. You can go become a therapist and help make people happy. You can go into research to see how you can help people through scientific discovery (well you would probably need a Ph.D or MD to really do that in an interesting & rewarding way). Maybe you can even find some scientific formula for generating happiness. I know you dont want to spend too much time getting more degrees but with a degree in psych and neuroscience you could theoretically go to med school and become a psychiatrist. Or a generalist. Make people happy like that. Or you could get an education degree and be a counselor or teacher and make people happy that way too.

There are tons of ways to make people happy. And it's certainly a nice motivation to have behind a career.

I'ma hang that BA on the ceiling and laugh every time I wake up.
    OK, but what are you thinking of doing with your life, in general? I'm curious...

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No question, it's loads of fun and as interesting as you make it; but (for me, anyway) it's kinda hard to do it without feeling super-sketchy and devious (or something) when the day's done.
    Yeah, this would be my issue with it...
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we continuing until we get 16 'What studies type X' threads?

My "Kinda Wish I Woulda Done It"s: Film, Architecture and Urban Design, East Asian Studies (or "Contemporary Cultural" studies of pretty much any people-group not "my own").
    Hey, you should come over here. Urban planning/design is pretty cool until now, especially if you're not that much into math and physics which is partly required for architecture. Next chance to start is the upcoming winter semester. And I'll probably be a tutor by then.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Are we continuing until we get 16 'What studies type X' threads?
    Sure. If somebody wants to go to the trouble of starting them all...
    My life's work (haha):

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression of what IEEs study is that they like to dabble and experiment in all types of fields. In addition to the fields been mentioned here, the IEEs I have known irl also enjoy learning metaphysics e.g. Astrology as it is an avenue for them to learn more about the people around them.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    My impression of what IEEs study is that they like to dabble and experiment in all types of fields. In addition to the fields been mentioned here, the IEEs I have known irl also enjoy learning metaphysics e.g. Astrology as it is an avenue for them to learn more about the people around them.
    Hmm, this seems true of a lot of ENXps I know. Must be a hyper-active Ne/Ep thing, like they/we have to sort of spread their/our interests out over a wider field of topics or else they/we get bored? Again, I do have interests in lots of things (psychology, personality, Japanese, music, religious studies, music video games), but they sorta switch off their importance/value depending on what I've been focusing on recently.

Oh, languages and linguistics seem like popular things for ENFps too.