Thread: Female INTj relationships?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Female INTj relationships?

Hey all! My name's Savannah and I'm a 19 year old college student. I've recently become interested in all of this and discovered that I'm an INTJ, which I suppose is rare for females. I've loved reading about others like me in order to better understand why I've always functioned the way I have. I used to think something was wrong with me since I was so terrible at relationships-- particularly female friendships, although also definitely romantic relationships. It takes a very special type of person to really connect with me and be able to sustain any type of long term relationship. I can be brash, unsympathetic, and frankly a bit socially clueless at times. My best friend now (who is female, I believe she's an ENFP but I'm not entirely sure) affectionately refers to me as a "female tool".
    When it comes to dating,etc, I'm really quite a bit inept. Men are put off by my brutal honesty and inability to flirt or make small talk. I'm horrible at knowing what to say, find cheesy compliments and other traditional flirtatious rituals sickening and annoying, and generally fail at giving any impression of interest in someone at first. It takes a persistent guy to get me to even make time to talk or hang out. I also happen to be very passionate about my sport (I'm training in Mixed Martial Arts), and while that earns me a lot of male friends it can certainly deter a lot of would-be suitors.
    I'd just be really interested in hearing stories from other INTJ females or people who are/have been close to an INTJ girl. What problems have you encountered in your various relationships? I've read that we're easily misunderstood, so how have you overcome the initial impressions in order to really connect with others? Or for those who know/are close to an INTJ female, what is it that you like or dislike about them, wish they could do better in the relationship, etc? Any thoughts would be valuable to my research on the subject. Thanks for reading and I look forward to the responses!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not Meyers Briggs. The personality codes are different.

Are you a LII which is also called INTj - note the lower case j, or are you an ILI, which is also called an INTp - note the lower case p??????LII's are Ti dominate, Ne creative. ILIs are Ni dominate, Te creative. Neither the LII nor ILI are direct analogs to the Meyers Briggs INTP/INTJ. The LII and ILI share mixed traits of the INTP/INTJs.

Let me sort this out for you. 1) Are you more inhibited when meeting new people in so far as giving an excess amount of space and privacy to them, - in that you fear disturbing them or messing up their lives because you spoke to them? Is this feeling combined with a strong sense of alienation from people, but you have a desire to come out of your shell if you thought people were actually interested in you? or is it 2) you wince at people's trivial thoughts and ideas - you despise their enthusiasm and wish everything was more low key and focused on things more grave than mere chitchat. Is this feeling combined with a desire to obtain a certain kind of prestige that would allow you to more strongly influence others?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more of the second one. I believe I've tested as an INTj.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII, I think? Sorry for the confusion.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should open the floor to anyone talking about any INTj rather than segregating by gender. They're the same type; one just has a cock.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    I think you should open the floor to anyone talking about any INTj rather than segregating by gender. They're the same type; one just has a cock.
    Why can't female INTjs can't have cocks too? Why you gotta be so sexist foxy?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you should also put more space between your paragraph to make reading easier.

once you've met all of our specifications someone may be along shortly to help you with your question.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by savannahlu View Post
    unsympathetic
    generally fail at giving any impression of interest in someone at first.
    Factor it in to your expectations that it is no ones job to deal with the above.

how have you overcome the initial impressions in order to really connect with others?
    Take the chances to befriend new people until you find some that will be fitting for you to be actively engaged in to conversations and fun. Stick with them and surrounding people will also see that you can be something else than standoffish.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Why can't female INTjs can't have cocks too? Why you gotta be so sexist foxy?
    QQ.

My mother is ILI-Te, and I wouldn't doubt she has a cock.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What kind of food do you like? Also what MMA do you do?

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all! My name's Savannah and I'm a 19 year old college student. I've recently become interested in all of this and discovered that I'm an INTJ, which I suppose is rare for females. I've loved reading about others like me in order to better understand why I've always functioned the way I have. I used to think something was wrong with me since I was so terrible at relationships-- particularly female friendships, although also definitely romantic relationships. It takes a very special type of person to really connect with me and be able to sustain any type of long term relationship. I can be brash, unsympathetic, and frankly a bit socially clueless at times. My best friend now (who is female, I believe she's an ENFP but I'm not entirely sure) affectionately refers to me as a "female tool".
    When it comes to dating,etc, I'm really quite a bit inept. Men are put off by my brutal honesty and inability to flirt or make small talk. I'm horrible at knowing what to say, find cheesy compliments and other traditional flirtatious rituals sickening and annoying, and generally fail at giving any impression of interest in someone at first. It takes a persistent guy to get me to even make time to talk or hang out. I also happen to be very passionate about my sport (I'm training in Mixed Martial Arts), and while that earns me a lot of male friends it can certainly deter a lot of would-be suitors.
    I'd just be really interested in hearing stories from other INTJ females or people who are/have been close to an INTJ girl. What problems have you encountered in your various relationships? I've read that we're easily misunderstood, so how have you overcome the initial impressions in order to really connect with others? Or for those who know/are close to an INTJ female, what is it that you like or dislike about them, wish they could do better in the relationship, etc? Any thoughts would be valuable to my research on the subject. Thanks for reading and I look forward to the responses!
    By the way you describe yourself it sounds more ILI than LII. LIIs have weak Fe but they value it and try to create it whenever possible. ILIs in the other hand do not value Fe and are also very unaware of it in general. Weak Fe makes an ILI rather clueless about what other people is thinking or feeling and this causes them to be unable to connect with them. Also you mention that your best friend is IEE; IEE and ILI have much more compatibility between them than LII and IEE.

If it's true that you're an ILI, then you should be aware that you have a natural tendency of see yourself as a hopeless victim and exagerate your issues. Meaningful relationships are difficult to attain for everyone regardless of type. It requieres dedication, will to sacrifice individuality, etc. All of that is type neutral.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    By the way you describe yourself it sounds more ILI than LII. LIIs have weak Fe but they value it and try to create it whenever possible. ILIs in the other hand do not value Fe and are also very unaware of it in general. Weak Fe makes an ILI rather clueless about what other people is thinking or feeling and this causes them to be unable to connect with them. Also you mention that your best friend is IEE; IEE and ILI have much more compatibility between them than LII and IEE.

If it's true that you're an ILI, then you should be aware that you have a natural tendency of see yourself as a hopeless victim and exagerate your issues. Meaningful relationships are difficult to attain for everyone regardless of type. It requieres dedication, will to sacrifice individuality, etc. All of that is type neutral.
    This type of concise and diligent socionics has no place on this forum. Maritsa be praised! Our Lady Maritsa!!!(eleventy one) Burn the heretics.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* @InvisibleJim and @FoxOnStilts

If you want to see it, just say so ...

ffs
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sure you understand that socionics types only somewhat correlate to myers-briggs types, and that the underlying theory is very different, so that correlation may be seen as largely coincidental. Generally the T/F and N/S dichotomies line up with myers-briggs pretty well, but I wouldn't bet on the others. The MMA is odd for both LII and ILI though, as that activity would usually depend on the strength and value of the Se IM element, so it's worth looking at ILE and LIE (particularly LIE I think; the motivating function often goes with a favored activity/hobby in my experience).
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious