Thread: Socionics: Negative Comments

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics: Negative Comments

In this topic list your negative feedback from studying Socionics...
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It made me doubt myself, my self perception and my abilities.
    And it made me realize how much I actually "act" IRL. When I thought I was finding myself (being actively social), I was in stead learning how to fake better. Now I know I'm unable to be myself is most situations. I hate lying and deceiving, and even more the thought of myself living with a fake personality. I'm not 100% sure I wanted to know.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has little to no practical use beyond the initial awe moments of identification with certain things in relations to other things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How ENTps seem to get crucified but its good in a way becaue it stops me from doing it to other people.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to start crucifying ENTjs again.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-pokeball

Lets not crucify anyone and say we did.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's often too vague and general.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm worried that it might eventually become part of the mainstream. That would be a disaster.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I'm worried that it might eventually become part of the mainstream. That would be a disaster.
    Why does that worry you Expat?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because companies would start using socionics when hiring/promoting people or forming teams - - "oh no don't make him manager, the other managers are all Gamma and he's Alpha, so it wouldn't work".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is obviously difficult to type people properly - as evidenced by so many people here not knowing their own type even having read so much about it. That makes it less useful and people shouldn't rely on it.

And I agree that people shouldn't be hired based on the results of personality tests. They do that at my husband's work.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    It is obviously difficult to type people properly - as evidenced by so many people here not knowing their own type even having read so much about it. That makes it less useful and people shouldn't rely on it.

And I agree that people shouldn't be hired based on the results of personality tests. They do that at my husband's work.
    What line of work is that if I may ask?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IT but everyone at his work does it and most of the people at his office are lawyers or accountants. It's a manufacturing company and he's at the corporate headquarters. They probably do it at the manufacturing sites too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IT but everyone at his work does it and most of the people at his office are lawyers or accountants. It's a manufacturing company and he's at the corporate headquarters. They probably do it at the manufacturing sites too.
    When you say they do it, what do they do precisely?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I say "they probably do it" I mean they probably do the personality testing. The company he works for manufactures medical devices.

Oh and when I say my husband's job is in IT, "IT" doesn't mean "it" - it means "information technology". LOL.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics approximates with Pringles to me: Once you've studied it you can't help type people even if you try and put a cap on doing so.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I say "they probably do it" I mean they probably do the personality testing. The company he works for manufactures medical devices.

Oh and when I say my husband's job is in IT, "IT" doesn't mean "it" - it means "information technology". LOL.
    Right, but do they really test for personality, or you think they do? And if they do it, how do they do it and how do they use the results?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband showed me his test results. It wasn't MBTI. It was before I started reading about this and I don't remember the details, but it seemed pretty accurate. But the names used weren't MBTI letters or anything. So I know they use personality tests. I think they're administered by Gallup because he calls it "galluping". Like, "We have a candidate but we have to see how he gallups first."
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowyc
    Socionics approximates with Pringles to me: Once you've studied it you can't help type people even if you try and put a cap on doing so.
    I notice that, sometimes. When I'm sitting around and people walk by, I wonder what type they are, then actively try to type them. What hurts me, is that I do nothing with the information..

"hey, she's my dual." I realize this, but then my hatred of her doesn't go away.. for example.
    thing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband showed me his test results. It wasn't MBTI. It was before I started reading about this and I don't remember the details, but it seemed pretty accurate. But the names used weren't MBTI letters or anything. So I know they use personality tests. I think they're administered by Gallup because he calls it "galluping". Like, "We have a candidate but we have to see how he gallups first."
    Love that "galluping", can I borrow it?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    I notice that, sometimes. When I'm sitting around and people walk by, I wonder what type they are, then actively try to type them. What hurts me, is that I do nothing with the information..

"hey, she's my dual." I realize this, but then my hatred of her doesn't go away.. for example.

FUCKING LOVE THAT LAST SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian

Also, I don't do the things that would make her feel better, or I don't try to make her happier, or I don't try to get to know her, and I don't stop trying to stay the fuck away from her. There's alot I don't do. I can never be bothered to state them all, on the first go-round. It makes me look, umm.. haha.

How stupid.
    thing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I don't do the things that would make her feel better, or I don't try to make her happier, or I don't try to get to know her, and I don't stop trying to stay the fuck away from her. There's alot I don't do. I can never be bothered to state them all, on the first go-round. It makes me look, umm.. haha.

How stupid.

What is your dual and why do you hate it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How stupid.
    Well... you aren't technically supposed to do anything with Socionics. The idea was just to explain people as they are naturally - not as they could be, not as they should be. Trust me. Trying to apply this stuff to your interaction does nothing but make you extremely self-conscious about what you say/do and how you act. Attempts to "manipulate" people with the fundamentals are just superficial and will most likely only remedy the underlying incompatibility for a short time.

Just be yourself, and let everyone else be themselves. Acknowledge that there are some people you just naturally won't like and some you'll love and go on with life. Socionics can maybe give you insight as to why some people get under your skin and some don't, but that's pretty much the extent of this stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics approximates with University to me for it either attracts academics who theorize or for those who simply want to take a course as a means to an end who live in the 'real world'.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics approximates with University to me for it either attracts academics who theorize or for those who simply want to take a course as a means to an end who live in the 'real world'.
    Uh, what about both of 'em?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. Pardon my INTj-for-the-sake-of-making-an-arguement-sh*t.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby

How stupid.
    Well... you aren't technically supposed to do anything with Socionics. The idea was just to explain people as they are naturally - not as they could be, not as they should be. Trust me. Trying to apply this stuff to your interaction does nothing but make you extremely self-conscious about what you say/do and how you act. Attempts to "manipulate" people with the fundamentals are just superficial and will most likely only remedy the underlying incompatibility for a short time.

Just be yourself, and let everyone else be themselves. Acknowledge that there are some people you just naturally won't like and some you'll love and go on with life. Socionics can maybe give you insight as to why some people get under your skin and some don't, but that's pretty much the extent of this stuff.
    That's why I even tried to come back and say more, because when I said "do something with it," I immidiately realized what conclusions would be jumped to. I guess I can't really explain what I mean at this point in time.
    thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I read you wrong. What did you mean?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I read you wrong. What did you mean?
    "I guess I can't really explain what I mean at this time."
    thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.
    \
    Thats' bs (I mean joe's self pity crap, "uhum I mean a little boy, I can't say what I mean...ohohoh cry cry cry..."), Joe speak up boy, whats' troubling you? Why do you hate your dual? What did they do to you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.
    \
    Thats' bs, ****** speak up boy, whats' troubling you? Why do you hate your dual? What did they do to you?
    Uh... that's not Transigent.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.
    \
    Thats' bs, ****** speak up boy, whats' troubling you? Why do you hate your dual? What did they do to you?
    Sorry Joe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.
    \
    Sorry by BS I meant the self pity bit of TRansingent, what is he not?
    Watch carefully, as you sink. I've tested the waters, and they are fit for drowning.
    thing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.
    \
    Sorry Joe.
    Fuck I haven't slept in days, for real...