Thread: Pi, The Dynamics of Fields, and Harmonizing

Creepy-male

Default Pi, The Dynamics of Fields, and Harmonizing

Can anyone stitch these three concepts together to better understand and

A good starting place would be considering how Pi functions tend to span throughout all experiences over time....

its vaguely clear how this relates to field dynamics, but its completely ambiguous how this relates to harmonizing in DCNH.... also what does harmonizing really mean?

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way views the "field", I assume, is as if it is on a Soccer field. The player must be aware of what is going on around him as time is progressing. This "awareness" is focused on concrete movement and concrete patterns, guessing is based on the nature of the situation. is allowed to jump ahead to the climax based on the movement of the present.

The way views the "field" is more cerebral. The information culled from the surroundings is collected mentally and a model is rebuilt inside the player's head. The player calculates positions in time through nodes that exhibit patterns. is allowed to jump ahead to different time points based on the present.

Harmonizing
    is constantly checking the path to secure a smooth sailing.
    keeps watch for warning signs other wise the situation is going fine.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton2 View Post
    is Internal Field Dynamics. Context is implicit.
    How does an "implicit context" really work? I've heard the term a bunch of times but I'm still trying to wrap my head around what it means exactly.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    How does an "implicit context" really work? I've heard the term a bunch of times but I'm still trying to wrap my head around what it means exactly.
    Implicit = abstract = Aspects you indirectly perceive through interpretation.

You interpret emotional sensitivity, emotive activity, internal emotive states
    You interpret inner content, substance, potential
    You interpret meaning, development, interconnectedness
    You interpret morality, attraction, emotional distance
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The interesting thing about Pi is that the Accepting (Base function) version of it is actually the less "dynamic" of the two because it is Focal. Creating Pi is the inconstant, variable version.

This is one reason why I sometimes like to think of Introverts rather than Statics as the thinkers with more stable, immobile images at their attention.

Creepy-male

creative seems like the coal that the base function burns to me

for example take an ENTj and INTp

The ENTj attempts to review various threads like game theory in order to develop the best most efficient plan of action, this requires a lot of Ni exploration in order to arrive at the optimal fact/figure. They are ExxJ so they see life as dynamic and then attempt to exert themselves to control that flow in a particular direction, this requires review many different Ni concept with a specific agenda in mind.

The INTp is less concerned with an agenda. Their temperament is IxxP so they see life as dynamic but go with it, flow with it, and don't fight it. They use Ni for its own sake, exploring different threads for their own sake. But they require Te, facts, figures, measures of efficiency to develop a realistic thread, a realistic model. They generally are interested in general trivia, facts, and figures.... consuming factual information like popcorn and then spinning these into Ni to develop a realistic nuanced understanding of things.

INTp is a good type for architects, historians, and engineers because of their capacity to spin these facts into a whole through usage of Ni and create realistic models of buildings, history, or technology.

ENTj is a good type for businessmen, engineers, and strategists because of their capacity to review the various "threads" and arrive at an optimal conclusion without getting lost in the dynamic clutter. Good at making strategic decisions.

With an INTp the idea is to consume as much Te as possible and weave this into Ni for the hell of just exploring concepts and ideas.

With an ENTj the idea is to consume as much Ni as possible to arrive at a conclusive Te assessment for a particular agenda.

The INTp is more calm, melancholy, and exploratory for the sake of it.

The ENTj is more decisive, willful, and pointed.

Alpha NTs on the other hand have similar usage of Ni and Te, however this is not their focus, they prefer to frame their thoughts and intuition in the form of Ne and Ti.

Alpha NT -- Systems of Thought and Intuition of Possibilities
    Gamma NT -- Statistics and Simulations

The Alpha NT favors a judicious understanding of reality (why this needs to be done)
    The Gamma NT favors a decisive understanding of reality (what needs to be done)

While Alpha NT's take in a lot of statistics and simulations, these are almost automatically framed by the psyche in terms of their ego-preference, statistics are broken down into systems of thought, simulations are valid for the possibilities and potentials reveled. It's not like Alpha NT's don't imagine as much as Gamma NT's... its that these Ni perceptions become framed into a different focus.

By framing I mean to imply what is valued/unvalued
    Last edited by male; 02-03-2011 at 04:56 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    The way views the "field", I assume, is as if it is on a Soccer field. The player must be aware of what is going on around him as time is progressing. This "awareness" is focused on concrete movement and concrete patterns, guessing is based on the nature of the situation. is allowed to jump ahead to the climax based on the movement of the present.

The way views the "field" is more cerebral. The information culled from the surroundings is collected mentally and a model is rebuilt inside the player's head. The player calculates positions in time through nodes that exhibit patterns. is allowed to jump ahead to different time points based on the present.

Harmonizing
    is constantly checking the path to secure a smooth sailing.
    keeps watch for warning signs other wise the situation is going fine.
    yeah I think this is a pretty good way of describing it

and are less reactive and externally forceful compared to the other IE's, it allows for easy adaption to its environment and can wait for adaptation to occur, giving it the appearance of patience with little self projection to disturb harmonization
    That is, from what I understand the harmonizing subtype is supposed to adapt and control projection more easily than the other subtypes, which prevents strife from occurring
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired