Thread: Between XEIs

Creepy-male

Default Between XEIs...

Which of the two appears more socially "keyed in" or involved in what's happening around them? Which of the two appears, then, on the other hand, as being spaced out and less involved in the situation at hand?

Is it perhaps not as simple as that? Subtypes perhaps?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see subtypes as having anything to do with it. They're both introverts - they're going to be spending most of their time in their heads. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be equally involved, but obviously the difference between an involved Si is radically different from an involved Ni.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Which of the two appears more socially "keyed in" or involved in what's happening around them? Which of the two appears, then, on the other hand, as being spaced out and less involved in the situation at hand?
    SEI and IEI respectively.

Should be obvious.

@Skeptic: As Fe-creative, xEIs are the most gregarious of all introvert types. Extrovert-subtype xEIs outright appear extroverted.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree with Aleksei - SEI is generally much more involved with physical world than IEI. IEI more dreamy, less involved in what's happening around them.

Creepy-male

Well, you'd think it would be obvious, but...

I know an IEI who's vastly more sociable than me. She throws big parties almost every night, and is very outgoing. By comparison I've been described as aloof and difficult to read (typically by Beta NFs). I know I tend to kind of space out and pay attention to other things happening around me other than the "action".

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, when you said "what's going on around them" I thought you mean like physical stuff going on around them, not socializing. Who is more social would probably be on a case-by-case basis.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure she's IEI? That doesn't sound like IEI behavior to me...
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Yeah I also thought it could be an EIE, but on the other hand it could be a youthfullness/college age thing. People are sometimes more social at that age.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    The only other option would be EIE, I could vaguely see it, but Business fits a whole lot better than Supervision. And she's not even in the same league of loud obnoxiousness as her EIE friend.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe or EIE-Ni then. Parties every day sounds more EJ-temperament though. As for your own subtype I'd peg you for SEI-Ne, which would be somewhat less extroverted than D-SEI or D-IEI.

Creepy-male

They were dinner/hang out in the lounge sorts of parties. D-IEI I would think.

I was mainly wondering if it was a Role function sort of thing.

And also, from considering other SEIs, I have a vague idea of what I look like to other people, and it definitely looks like I'm not really there or paying attention to anything happening. I also thought this was a bit weird because, yeah, Sensors will be taking in everything around them, Intuiters more being focused on their thoughts. External appearances would seem to hint at the opposite, but then...

I hear that some IEIs are positively ghost-like?

All very confusing!

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be equally involved, but obviously the difference between an involved Si is radically different from an involved Ni.
    Anyway, I haven't been ignoring you Skeptic, sorry. Would you care to elaborate on this at all?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Mariella said. IEIs would probably be a bit more not-here, but when socializing, Fe comes up. And Fe is like, involved involvement in interaction. Especially when SEI and IEI in question are interacting with each other.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And also, from considering other SEIs, I have a vague idea of what I look like to other people, and it definitely looks like I'm not really there or paying attention to anything happening. I also thought this was a bit weird because, yeah, Sensors will be taking in everything around them, Intuiters more being focused on their thoughts.
    All very confusing!
    From my experience Si is like focusing on your own impressions of reality instead of reality itself, so it can be very spaced out. It's internal sensations. It's like sensing how the sensations affect you or something like that (I still haven't found words for it because it's such a natural experience, but difficult to explain).

It has taken me a long time to understand that I am actually not connected to reality in a straight way. People can say that I seem spaced out or "a thinker". But what am I thinking of? Nothing! I don't live in a fantasy world either. I don't get associations very often. So what the hell is my introverted world like? It is Si! Hallelujah!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    What Mariella said. IEIs would probably be a bit more not-here, but when socializing, Fe comes up. And Fe is like, involved involvement in interaction. Especially when SEI and IEI in question are interacting with each other.
    I'm pretty sure I don't laugh as hard with ANYONE else as I do with my IEI and SEI friends/family.

As far as noticing physical details, as Mariella said, SEI is better at that. But IEI is better at intuiting what's going on between people in relationships I think. Reading between the lines, as it were.

And I do think subtype can have something to do with it. An IEI-Fe is going to appear usually more outgoing than an SEI-Si.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    People can say that I seem spaced out or "a thinker". But what am I thinking of? Nothing! I don't live in a fantasy world either. I don't get associations very often. So what the hell is my introverted world like? It is Si! Hallelujah!
    that is awesome. I love SEIs.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    One of these days I'm going to have to order you some plates from perpetualkid too

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of these days I'm going to have to order you some plates from perpetualkid too
    i would accept an Amazon giftcard

Creepy-male

i would accept an Amazon giftcard
    But I didn't get BG an Amazon gift card?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But I didn't get BG an Amazon gift card?
    i didn't know this was related to BG

Creepy-male

i didn't know this was related to BG
    It isn't. I was just being a goose, don't mind me.