Thread: What Am I

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Am I.

I am leaning towards some sort of ego type at the moment.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply

* I don't really know what most people think of me. If I were to guess that I was just a really good guy.
    * I like to be social with a select few but most of the time I am happy to stay home.
    * From what I have read about the other Qaudras beta seems the most unpleasant.

I would like to say that I am Delta but that would make me an Aristocrat.

Aristocrats

1. Inclined to perceive and define themselves, and others, through groups they belong to; however, such groups are perceived and defined by the Aristocrats themselves, not necessarily accepting those groupings as defined by others or by social conventions.
    2. Their initial attitude to another person is influenced by their attitude to the group they see the person as belonging to.
    3. Tend to attribute common qualities to members of their circles of contacts, and define such circles by those same qualities.
    4. Inclined to use expressions that generalize group features.

Example: feeling energized by identification with a group, as in a team within a company, sports team, and the like; and seeing others foremost through the prism of the other teams they belong to.

There isn't a word here that I agree with. On the other hand. I agree with most of the following.

Democrats

1. Perceive and define themselves, and others, primarily through individual/personal qualities: interesting, pleasant, unpleasant, good-looking, etc, not in connection to any group they may belong to.
    2. Form their relationships/attitudes toward other persons based on the latter's own individual characteristics, not with base on their relationships to groups of any kind, nor on their relationships to representatives of such groups.
    3. Not inclined to perceive their acquaintances as representatives of a certain "circle of contacts" that supposedly possesses qualities inherent to people of that circle.
    4. Not inclined to use expressions that generalize group features.

Example: an individual building up his circle of personal connections, within an organization, that totally bypassses or ignores the organization's formal structure, but not with that circle being perceived as any kind of group or unit by any of the persons involved.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni as a role (3rd) function (SEI and SLI)

The individual is able to turn his attention to longer-term implications and personal imagination but only for brief periods; his natural preference is to concentrate on the immediate surroundings and sensations, or on the job at hand. If poorly developed, this function can lead him to extensively plan his future while failing to evaluate his reasons for doing so.

I have stopped doing this and I am a lot happier for it.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also agree with most of this too I have highlighted those parts

Introverted Intuition

In order to be happy and productive, LSEs need a stable environment without sudden, unexpected changes. It takes them a while to get into a "groove" and find their rhythm, and any uncertainty about the future tends to fill them with a dread that makes it hard to be productive at all.

LSEs tend to express a simplistic vision of the future where their hard work pays off in the long run, or where everything in society goes hopelessly awry. They are not easily able to incorporate many different forecasts into their view of the future, relying instead on the trend of visible changes around them.

LSEs generally avoid talking about things that might or might not happen that don't depend on them, though they may think about these things to themselves. Discussions about what might or might not happen that are not based on provable facts distress them. Speculation not steeped in reality is a waste of time.

LSEs They prefer to believe that change depends on our actions and choices rather than on external events over which we have no control.

LSEs tend to have an unchanging habit of either being chronically late or chronically early. They rarely know or think about how long things will take, and their estimates are often way off. They are often surprised by the amount of time that has passed between events, and wonder where the time has gone. LSEs tend to want everything done as well as possible and to the highest possible quality, often failing to consider the amount of time necessary to do the job in such a way.

When making plans for the future, LSEs typically do not leave room for unforeseen obstacles. These obstacles frustrate the LSE because they destroy the established rhythm of operations and require switching gears. In talking about their goals for the future, LSEs often leave out intermediate steps, leading others to consider them naive. In LSEs' opinion, the important thing is to express a clear goal; the step-by-step process of getting there is less important.

LSEs get irritated by people who take forever to do things, or who slow down the overall pace of work for no good reason. If someone appears to be doing nothing, the LSE will assume that nothing beneficial is taking place.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you score on the 4 dichotomies?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 dichotomies?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Ozone...welcome

Why ozone? Why that word as your username?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was listening to a song called ozone as I was signing up. It gave me the idea for my name.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

that's interesting

why are you interested in socionics?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a friend who introduced me to MBTI which eventually lead to Socionics.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ozone View Post
    4 dichotomies?
    He's talking about the MBTI dichotomies (also called "the Jungian foundation" by some authors): Extroverted/Introverted, iNtuitive/Sensing, Thinking/Feeling and Judging/Perceiving.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't know it varies depending on my mood or the test I take.

Lately I have scored ESTJ, ISTJ, ISFJ, and ISTP in no particular order.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you do Te first or second?

Te dominant types love to keep their surroundings clean, neat, organized and have things in their place, and work consistently at maintaining these in a routine fashion. If you don't do this by "passion" or automatic order then do you take care of your inner world of sensations then move over to suggesting how people can keep things in their surroundings orderly rather then mostly doing it yourself?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-20-2011 at 04:28 AM.
    -

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to create an environment so I don't have to keep things organized.

I just bought a massive two meter wide computer desk that will enable me to put my computer my synthesizer and tons of rack gear in it.

But I will only organize when I am certain things will stay organized.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A neurotic middle class mama's boy that spends too much time online?

(I might be projecting. But then again it's a safe bet)

You're in safe company here though. =)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

Te dominant types love to keep their surroundings clean, neat, organized and have things in their place, and work consistently at maintaining these in a routine fashion.
    I don't think this applies very well to LIEs. Keeping a clean and organized environment is more related to sensing than logic.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    A neurotic middle class mama's boy that spends too much time online?

(I might be projecting. But then again it's a safe bet)

You're in safe company here though. =)

Well two out of three ain't bad huh ?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well two out of three ain't bad huh ?
    There are four: neurotic, middle class, mama's boy, spending too much time online.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    There are four: neurotic, middle class, mama's boy, spending too much time online.
    Good Eye, I didn't see the comma between neurotic and middle class. but then again you can't really count middle class as most of the population is middle class and Besides who gives a crap.

I see classes but only if I pay attention.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're sure about Te-ego, I'd guess Te-creative over Te-base. Either ILI or SLI. That whole thing with the new desk really reminds me of how my ILI thinks: desk getting cluttered and disorganized? Just buy a bigger desk!
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I could have got a desk the same size much much cheaper.

I bought this one because it has a spot for everything and them some.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, that's really what I meant, anyway. Something with more "storage space."
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I overlooked something. Hard to explain but makes sense. SLE.

And good point:

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I don't think this applies very well to LIEs. Keeping a clean and organized environment is more related to sensing than logic.
    Yeah, and I'd also point out that I don't think it's always true that LSEs are so very neat. My main LSE greatly valued neatness and organization, but he often failed at it. And his version of clutter (piles of work and university papers/books, weird crumb collections and tea debris) were exactly the type of clutter I hated.

Also, he sucked at throwing things away.

People expected him to be neat, because he exudes this kind of organized "me so tidy" attitude, but ideally he wanted to work, work, work and have someone else clean.

The other probable LSE I dated when I was younger was much neater.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply

* I don't really know what most people think of me. If I were to guess that I was just a really good guy.
    * I like to be social with a select few but most of the time I am happy to stay home.
    * From what I have read about the other Qaudras beta seems the most unpleasant.

I would like to say that I am Delta but that would make me an Aristocrat.

Aristocrats

1. Inclined to perceive and define themselves, and others, through groups they belong to; however, such groups are perceived and defined by the Aristocrats themselves, not necessarily accepting those groupings as defined by others or by social conventions.
    2. Their initial attitude to another person is influenced by their attitude to the group they see the person as belonging to.
    3. Tend to attribute common qualities to members of their circles of contacts, and define such circles by those same qualities.
    4. Inclined to use expressions that generalize group features.

Example: feeling energized by identification with a group, as in a team within a company, sports team, and the like; and seeing others foremost through the prism of the other teams they belong to.

There isn't a word here that I agree with. On the other hand. I agree with most of the following.

Democrats

1. Perceive and define themselves, and others, primarily through individual/personal qualities: interesting, pleasant, unpleasant, good-looking, etc, not in connection to any group they may belong to.
    2. Form their relationships/attitudes toward other persons based on the latter's own individual characteristics, not with base on their relationships to groups of any kind, nor on their relationships to representatives of such groups.
    3. Not inclined to perceive their acquaintances as representatives of a certain "circle of contacts" that supposedly possesses qualities inherent to people of that circle.
    4. Not inclined to use expressions that generalize group features.

Example: an individual building up his circle of personal connections, within an organization, that totally bypassses or ignores the organization's formal structure, but not with that circle being perceived as any kind of group or unit by any of the persons involved.
    I wouldn't let the Aristocrat/Democrat dichotomy be too big of a hang-up. fwiw, I think I relate more to the democratic way of thinking, too. But I am clearly a Delta. I am also clearly Judicious>Decisive and Serious>Merry. In other words, I believe I am Serious>Judicious>Aristocratic when considering the Delta dichotomies, if that makes sense...

You say that Beta seems the most unpleasant to you, which also points towards Delta for you, since Delta and Beta are opposing quadras.
    Last edited by pianosinger; 01-21-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    My life's work (haha):

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp sounds plausible based on your Jungian scores and leanings towards being a Te type and Delta. You also cast the general vibe of an ISTp.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An obvious Static person can't be Delta ST. Then Se and Fe valuing is also visible, IMO. Gratuitously hinting at the price of the desk and expressing like/dislike/criticism so nonchalantly is anything but Delta ST, btw. So based on the evidence we've got so far - no one doubts Sensing anyway - he's Beta ST.
    But OK, most people who "type" here are clueless...

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    An obvious Static person can't be Delta ST. Then Se and Fe valuing is also visible, IMO. Gratuitously hinting at the price of the desk and expressing like/dislike/criticism so nonchalantly is anything but Delta ST, btw. So based on the evidence we've got so far - no one doubts Sensing anyway - he's Beta ST.
    But OK, most people who "type" here are clueless...
    Not saying he absolutely can't be Beta...but, how does saying this--

--absolutely rule out Delta? I mean, I could have said something like that, too...and he only said what he said in the first place because I made a comment about getting a "bigger desk," and he was replying that it wasn't the size of the desk that mattered to him, but the amount of storage space it provided. Points to Te-valuing, IMO.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's got nothing to do with price no one is going to see I'm sort of a loner anyway.

I hate showing off and more importantly I hate people who show off.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Not saying he absolutely can't be Beta...but, how does saying this--

--absolutely rule out Delta? I mean, I could have said something like that, too...and he only said what he said in the first place because I made a comment about getting a "bigger desk," and he was replying that it wasn't the size of the desk that mattered to him, but the amount of storage space it provided. Points to Te-valuing, IMO.
    Yeah, doesn't rule out SLI at all, though I think it's early to say what type he is for sure yet.

Ozone - you might want to just hang out, read, maybe post in Anything Goes for a bit, and get a feel for things and let people get to know you for a while. If you keep your mind open, your type will probably become clear enough soon. When people seem to have trouble is when they get stuck feeling they're sure they're one type or another too soon.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ya i'm in the SLI camp. you could maybe just try it on and see how well it fits on you.

edit: lol @ how i said basically the opposite of what mariella said.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to create an environment so I don't have to keep things organized.

I just bought a massive two meter wide computer desk that will enable me to put my computer my synthesizer and tons of rack gear in it.

Are you a musician/producer?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same problem with organizing my gear and work space, and I've been wanting to build a studio for a while now. But it's too big of a project for me, and I still haven't been able to make some major decisions in regards to what I want to do, and where.

(Indecisiveness leads to inaction, which eventually leads to failure. )

I hate showing off and more importantly I hate people who show off.
    Me too.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

Te dominant types love to keep their surroundings clean, neat, organized and have things in their place, and work consistently at maintaining these in a routine fashion. If you don't do this by "passion" or automatic order then do you take care of your inner world of sensations then move over to suggesting how people can keep things in their surroundings orderly rather then mostly doing it yourself?
    I love chocolate chip cookies.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Too bad, cuz I atem all.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Are you a musician/producer?
    Yes I am, I do it for fun though.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Who doesn't the're fantastic.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I need to read your autobiography:

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I am, I do it for fun though.
    What type of music?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast