Thread: Waking up in the middle of the night with a sudden inspiration

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Waking up in the middle of the night with a sudden inspiration.

I had a dream, woke up. Began thinking about the dream and it turned into a brilliant idea for a movie! Now I've been up for the last half-hour typing up the plotline (no, I'm not going to share it-- sorry) for my next movie script. Like, this time, this is it! I'm going to finish this one! And it's going to be incredible! And Hollywood will want me...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck. Same thing happened to me some months ago, except I dreamt the movie and expanded on it. Still got the plot outline..
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had one like that, so I typed it out on computer. It was about a baby elephant who lived in the mountains with its mother.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done a lot worse than this.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh sure, I record dreams a lot, especially the more disturbing ones. If they are not of use today, they will be tomorrow when you try to understand your younger psyche...

Seemingly random inspiration seems intuitive, though I'm reluctant to type that. Perhaps P related...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    I had a dream, woke up. Began thinking about the dream and it turned into a brilliant idea for a movie! Now I've been up for the last half-hour typing up the plotline (no, I'm not going to share it-- sorry) for my next movie script. Like, this time, this is it! I'm going to finish this one! And it's going to be incredible! And Hollywood will want me...
    I'm doing the same thing! It's so hard to do it, need some determination, but still. I put my phone close and record things, one dream I recorded - but like you, some are so awesome for movie scripts - but the scripts I write lack so many details, especially that imagery is so hard to put on paper .

My gf (SEI) is the same, but I don't recall her writing them down. We usually tell the dreams to each other, but normally the one who's awake is not so interested in hearing the other, is not in the mood or something. Maybe that's because the dreams come in the taste of the dreamer; we two have somewhat different things that make each jump for joy . What if Hollywood won't like (or will pervert) your scripts, no matter how awesome they appear to you?

I recorded even music I dreamed, and the meaning of two words (so far) which actually don't exist IRL but you swear they do, with an abstract but precise meaning. Also I wrote a strange poem once - the same method, woke up and put the "essence" of the dream in it, I have no idea why it ended-up like a poem. It contains weird things like "the night that treats everyone equally" (forgot what I meant) or "... and like aforetime, the end does not yet exist [or is acknowledged, considered]" (I think I meant times of innocence, merriness, lack of concerns).
    ---

I also think it's a good idea to not share them with everyone (maybe anyone), they're invaluable gems.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... NP-related?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    hmm... NP-related?
    May be...this sort of stuff happens to my ILI, too.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    (no, I'm not going to share it-- sorry) for my next movie script.
    If this is a romantic comedy starring a relatively unknown actor as an underachieving boom operator working on a live sitcom that's going downhill (because the male lead played by Will Ferrell is having a midlife crisis/meltdown) who secretly pines for the female lead played by Tina Fey and suffers a Quantum Leap sorta plot device winding up in the body of Will Ferrell, simultaneously having to juggle resolving Will's problems with the fact that he now has to be a live comedy actor that is slowly but inexorably falling for his colleague whilst in someone else's body, then forget it, cause I already had that dream like two weeks ago.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    If this is a romantic comedy starring a relatively unknown actor as an underachieving boom operator working on a live sitcom that's going downhill (because the male lead played by Will Ferrell is having a midlife crisis/meltdown) who secretly pines for the female lead played by Tina Fey and suffers a Quantum Leap sorta plot device winding up in the body of Will Ferrell, simultaneously having to juggle resolving Will's problems with the fact that he now has to be a live comedy actor that is slowly but inexorably falling for his colleague whilst in someone else's body, then forget it, cause I already had that dream like two weeks ago.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I put my phone close and record things, one dream I recorded
    With your cellphone camera? Which software can do that? Can you record in HD?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    haha. I think maybe what he means is he wakes up, and records himself describing his dream. idk.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    LOL, no way, it's an usual cell phone with voice recording support, but also video. Crappy quality, nevertheless.
    No idea what apps it uses.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    LOL, no way, it's an usual cell phone with voice recording support, but also video. Crappy quality, nevertheless.
    No idea what apps it uses.
    But what is it that you record? I still don't get it. Maybe you use your cellphone to write down the recollections of your dream(s) immediately after you wake up?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.