View Poll Results: Do you admire your Supervisee?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

10 31.25%
  • No.

12 37.50%
  • Kind of.

9 28.13%
  • Don't know.

1 3.13%

Thread: Do you admire your Supervisee?

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you admire your Supervisee?

My mom is ESI and there are a lot of things I admire about her, particularly relating to Fi.

My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Creepy-male

Yup. They're quick-witted, funny, have big hearts, and seem rather worldly.

Of course they sometimes strike me as being a bit untrustworthy, in that I don't trust the superhuman persona they present, but meh.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People admire people often for non-socionic reasons. She's your mom so that makes sense.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is usually the other way around.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put kind of because while I admire some I don't admire others. I really don't know enough of them. I admire my ESE (normalizing) sister because she's lived through a lot of terrible shit.. Right now I'm helping her write down her life story when we get time to sit down together.

my boyfriends mom is also one but I don't have very positive views of her lol though she is more unhealthy

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    People admire people often for non-socionic reasons. She's your mom so that makes sense.
    True. But, the things I most admire about her really can be attributed very well socionically. I am Fi-creative and she is Fi-base, and so I am often in awe of her ability to be such a good friend, and she makes it seem so easy to keep in touch with people and to stay updated on the lives of all the people in her "circle." That is something I value and strive for myself, but I fall far short of her example.

She has also dedicated countless hours to preserving memories: scrapbooking, shooting videoes, transferring all the old family videos onto DVDs...She kept "memory books" for me and my siblings as we went through our school years; she has a "special box" for each of us filled with things like favorite school assignments, lost teeth, pictures and poetry, Mothers' Day crafts...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if one drinks one of these with me, I'll make an exception.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lab, you say you're LSI?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, Bolt made me see the light.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kind of

It really dose depend on the individual, like some ILE's have an incredible penchant for humor or/and an intelligent creative/random inclination, and I can admire that a lot.
    I've known others who show little of, what I regard as positive ILE traits, and more of their negative ones; sort of resembles an incompetent type of SLE to me which is very off putting, like a nerdy kid trying to seem like a badass, just..no

edit: I admire my supervisor most when they use their Base, but not when they use their Role or exhibit strong PoLR
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i think you admire your Benefactor more.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't had enough encounters with Benefactors to really admire them, besides Stalin and another, but LSEs...in a way I wish I could be like them. They just command the scene with strong reasoning, influence and character. I sometimes think of myself as a morally strong sheriff, lawyer etc the guy who stands for justice.

I'm sure allows me to really be that person mentally and I can really picture myself doing these things in real life.

Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 01-20-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the ESI. I have two good friends I admire immensely. I know two others that I have a good, but not amazing relationship with. And a coworker who seems to view everything as a "power holding" exercise. Any idea suggested that doesn't come from her automatically gets a "no," whether she has the authority to issue that No or not. I can't figure out whether her polr is THAT bad, or whether she hates my guts because she thinks I'm in her "territory."
    IEE

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when it comes to supervisee appling their first function i would imagine it looks impressive to the supervisor

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admire ESEs for the way they handle people, for knowing how to make good impressions, for not holding grudges and appearing like they like everybody.

ESEs are frequently my bosses, I haven't been in the same job for long enough to climb up the hierarchy, and they are usually the HR/PR person I have to report to. I hate when they explain the most obvious "big picture" over and over again.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Their steadiness, especially when they're Nines. There's always some point during the day where I feel kind of restless, for no reason, when there really isn't anything to do. It's never that bad, but it happens. Like I imagine a lot of introverts being able to just do a few things and narc it out for the rest of the day without feeling angsty when there's no need for it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admire every type for something I think.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, they're too pushy. Sometimes we share similar humour though, which is nice.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have seen my supervisor to admire my ability to pick up things. In a way it is funny that 3D is supposed to be quite close to 4D but it is not.

LSI and me? Well, to put it formally: 4D Ti > 3D Ti. I think it is hard to see devalued demonstrative introverted functions at times. Anyways it comes apparent after long enough exposure to it can be pleasant. I think in case of ESI outwardly demonstrative Si is kind of tasteless although strong (but it is already conflict relation) which is not so apparent in LSIs.

I think EIIs view my 4D Te as wasted potential but great when it gets exercised.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well it's supposed to be one sided, but if you hate on anybody long enough they are going to hate on you too it's just human nature. Like yeah there's this ideal people have of always taking the higher ground for haters like a narcisisstic Oprah statement to gaslight the middle class in buying a bunch of crap that they don't need- but in reality the hate just corrupts unless you move away from it.

This also goes for all those hot bad boys we gaym/str8f think we can 'save.' Lolol bad apples rot good apples, the good apples can't make the rotten apples spring magically into life again. Everything just rots.