Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analyze me, interrogate me, and most importantly, type me

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Analyze me, interrogate me, and most importantly, type me.

Hi. I'm new to this forum and have recently become interested in socionics. It's taken over my mind. I have strong suspicions about my type, but I think it would limit my understanding of the theory if I mistyped myself. Search for reassurance and explanations it is.

Honestly, I'm unsure what is really relevant in typing me accurately because I feel like I've had completely different personalities throughout life. I'm sure there's a common denominator, but obviously I'm not too clear on what's really like.

Okay I'm going to try.

I find being in the company of intelligent people to be the most enjoyable. I can't be attracted to an idiot. However, I find that I'm much more outgoing around people that I don't respect. That's probably a confidence thing. I'm scared to be myself if I care about someone's opinion of me. Let me clarify: I'm not automatically more outgoing around everyone I don't respect. However, if friends or acquaintances with both, I'm more outgoing with the stupid ones.

Responsible and hard-working are also qualities I enjoy. I think "fun" without either mental stimulation or productivity is annoying and usually painful for me. I just hate social obligation.

It's probably starting to be clear that I'm completely cynical. Most people are useless, stupid, untrustworthy, selfish and inconsiderate and I don't like them. If you do win my approval though, my devotion, love, respect, loyalty, patience, mercy, etc., is (probably self-destructively) immense.

I strive to be perfect and to make other people proud. If someone I respect is proud of me, I'll probably want to go cry from joy. I'll never forget it. Likewise, their disappointment or disapproval will kill me internally. Disappointment/disapproval of anyone matters though, unlike pride or praise.

I hate change, but it always happens.

I'm a jealous person. I try to hide it.

I love solving problems and puzzles. I love analyzing things and people. I love technology.

When working together with people, I hate leadership and assertiveness, but I will do it if it needs to be done and no one else will. I'm incredibly prone to overwork myself to compensate for the failures of others in order to save the end product/goal.

If you want to make me laugh, there are several ways to go about it. 1. Be clever. Thinking before laughing is best. 2. Be really offensive (but not to me). Satire and sarcasm are great. Genocide, gore and murder are usually funny. 3. There are a few silly things I really like that I can just giggle about. Like certain animals, cute word sounds, silly food I like, etc.
    Don't be vulgar or stupid about it. Comedies usually don't make me laugh, just facepalm.

Writing and speaking with clarity is a weak point of mine. My thoughts are too disorganized and I don't usually think in words. I have a hard time knowing when I've explained enough or how to get my point across. Like this self-description.

So, ask me questions. I'd love to answer them.
    Also, please, please, explain your reason for any type you give. I want to understand socionics and myself.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d1ffe7 View Post
    Hi.
    Howdy!
    I'm new to this forum and have recently become interested in socionics. It's taken over my mind. I have strong suspicions about my type, but I think it would limit my understanding of the theory if I mistyped myself. Search for reassurance and explanations it is.
    Good call.

Honestly, I'm unsure what is really relevant in typing me accurately because I feel like I've had completely different personalities throughout life. I'm sure there's a common denominator, but obviously I'm not too clear on what's really like.
    Well let me see if I can clarify something: socionics isn't about "personality" per se. If it was just about someone's personality then it would serve very little purpose, since personality is something that is shaped and refined throughout one's entire life. Instead, think of socionics as a means of understanding "information metabolism," classifications of basic styles of human cognition and understanding. Thinking about socionics as something based strictly in personality tends to lead to some very fuzzy and conflicted thinking. As such, lots of descriptions of one's "personality" isn't necessarily going to point to what one's type is.

I find being in the company of intelligent people to be the most enjoyable. I can't be attracted to an idiot.
    Good, you're a normal person

However, I find that I'm much more outgoing around people that I don't respect. That's probably a confidence thing. I'm scared to be myself if I care about someone's opinion of me. Let me clarify: I'm not automatically more outgoing around everyone I don't respect. However, if friends or acquaintances with both, I'm more outgoing with the stupid ones.
    I'm not sure how type-related this is, but from a subjective standpoint this seems so backwards to me.

I strive to be perfect and to make other people proud. If someone I respect is proud of me, I'll probably want to go cry from joy. I'll never forget it. Likewise, their disappointment or disapproval will kill me internally. Disappointment/disapproval of anyone matters though, unlike pride or praise.
    Sounds like me, but I wouldn't call it type-related. It would probably point more to something enneagram-related, but I don't know how familiar you are with that.

I love solving problems and puzzles. I love analyzing things and people. I love technology.
    In what ways do you analyze things/people? Give a little guide through your head as you do something like that.

When working together with people, I hate leadership and assertiveness, but I will do it if it needs to be done and no one else will. I'm incredibly prone to overwork myself to compensate for the failures of others in order to save the end product/goal.
    Possible sign of introversion, I suppose.

If you want to make me laugh, there are several ways to go about it. 1. Be clever. Thinking before laughing is best. 2. Be really offensive (but not to me). Satire and sarcasm are great. Genocide, gore and murder are usually funny. 3. There are a few silly things I really like that I can just giggle about. Like certain animals, cute word sounds, silly food I like, etc.
    Don't be vulgar or stupid about it. Comedies usually don't make me laugh, just facepalm.
    That's, uhm, odd. lol

At the moment I could only guess that you're some introverted F type with a bit of an intellectual streak. Nothing exact comes to mind though.
    I guess a few other questions I'd have to ask are:

Who are a couple of your favorite people and why?

What are some philosophies that you adhere to? What is it about them that appeal to you?

What do you look for most in a relationship? I'm not looking for the obvious answers like "smart, funny, attractive" because as well as being more subjective qualities than not, they aren't distinctive enough to be type-related. What do you think you need most in a relationship, something that you don't feel adequate enough to provide for yourself?

What do you think about when you aren't thinking? In other words, what sort of thought patterns do you gravitate to when you are in an idle state? Not necessarily specific topics, but ways in which your brain thinks.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi. I'm new to this forum and have recently become interested in socionics.
    Welcome!

It's a wild guess, but I'd tentatively say EII/INFj. This made me think dual seeking for you:

Responsible and hard-working are also qualities I enjoy. I think "fun" without either mental stimulation or productivity is annoying and usually painful for me.

I got an impression of base or a from this part:

If you do win my approval though, my devotion, love, respect, loyalty, patience, mercy, etc., is (probably self-destructively) immense.

I've heard about the delta quadra being known for perfection, which EII is a member of. I think the following is pretty consistent with EII, who seeks stable relations with others, being base :

I think this suggests a rational type, particularly an IxxJ:

I hate change, but it always happens.

I think of the two base types, EII is more likely than ESI as I think the following is more common with NF than SF:

I think this is consistent with EII:

The hating leadership and assertivness part could be indicative of PoLR. I've known EIIs who are prone to overworking themselves in pursuit of a goal.

Not sure what to make out of this below. I think EIIs appreciate clever humor, satire and sarcasm to some degree. Creative ? I don't think EIIs typically go for genocide, gore and murder as forms of humor. EIIs usually shy away from violence.

The following suggests weak :

Writing and speaking with clarity is a weak point of mine. My thoughts are too disorganized and I don't usually think in words. I have a hard time knowing when I've explained enough or how to get my point across. Like this self-description.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! Thank you for asking me specific questions, that's what I needed. I'll do my best to answer them.

Well let me see if I can clarify something: socionics isn't about "personality" per se. If it was just about someone's personality then it would serve very little purpose, since personality is something that is shaped and refined throughout one's entire life. Instead, think of socionics as a means of understanding "information metabolism," classifications of basic styles of human cognition and understanding. Thinking about socionics as something based strictly in personality tends to lead to some very fuzzy and conflicted thinking. As such, lots of descriptions of one's "personality" isn't necessarily going to point to what one's type is.
    Yeah, I understand. That's why I like it. (:
    I was trying to say that because I adapt myself so much and have so many times that it's difficult to analyze myself and look at myself objectively for that reason.

In what ways do you analyze things/people? Give a little guide through your head as you do something like that.
    I love watching people interact with each other and seeing how they respond in certain situations. I watch their facial expressions and listen to tones of voice really carefully. It's not something I do without thinking about it though, so when I do I have to pay attention. It kind of depends on the person what I'm actually looking at and thinking though. I watch what motivates people when I am working with someone really carefully. Like, this person's face lit up when someone told them they did a good job, this person said 'thanks' insincerely but then wanted to move on to the next task. I don't think I'm doing a very good job explaining my thought process nor am I sure how to, but basically I just observation reactions and patterns based on what I need to know.

I really like religion also. I just think the whole concept is interesting. I find them to generally be an illogical fallacy, but I like thinking about why it exists, why certain people do or don't believe in it, why some don't believe in it but act like they do, why it's necessary or destructive to humanity.

Who are a couple of your favorite people and why?
    1. She's a fairly recent friend, but was an acquaintance several years ago. She's respectable, hard-working, intelligent, and really pleasant to those she likes. If she doesn't like someone, it's obvious, though not in a way that will start conflict. She's wonderful for advice and personal problems. She fills my need to be reassured and given specific direction, and occasionally acts like a big sister or mother by taking care of me. For example, bringing me a sandwich for lunch because I may not eat otherwise. Planning a social event when I clearly need to take a break and relax. We're also both really judgmental, but not quite in the same way. She sounds cheerful when saying people are terrible. I like cheerful people with negative outlooks. She has low self-confidence herself, and I don't like people with egos.

2. One of my superiors and I have always gotten along with very well and admired. I'm definitely close to a lot of people, but I'm going to try to avoid describing the same reasons relations I have with people to get the most information out of myself. He doesn't usually get close and openly admits not liking them, but I am for some reason the exception. He is very action-oriented and solution-based. "Okay, That sucks. What do we need to do now?" Then provides suggestions if needed. It's motivating. He's always on time even though he has two jobs and is getting his masters. He also makes a point to keep in touch by having a weekly date with his closest friends that.

3. Another one is a guy that I've only ever had conversation with. We've never done any activities beyond talking about everything from really strange and irrelevant to deep things. They are always mentally stimulating though because he's a lot smarter than I am, which I like and view as a challenge. Full of ideas and stories and mental problems.

I could definitely add more to this if you want. I'm not sure if I described them like you wanted.

What are some philosophies that you adhere to? What is it about them that appeal to you?
    Hm, you know, I'm really not sure. I think I'm really bad at taking theoretical advice because it's in my best interest or something. So I don't really adhere any of them actively that I can think of to be honest. There are some that I believe in and like logically, but I don't really think about them often.

What do you look for most in a relationship? I'm not looking for the obvious answers like "smart, funny, attractive" because as well as being more subjective qualities than not, they aren't distinctive enough to be type-related. What do you think you need most in a relationship, something that you don't feel adequate enough to provide for yourself?
    Stability is important. I need to be able to know I can always go to them or that they will keep their word. I hope that they will take the time to understand me and be able to read me or understand me despite how little sense I make. I really appreciate when people who know me well talk for me when I can't. Making me feel comfortable around other people and including me is amazing. I usually know what I want, but I like being told how to get there or go about it without screwing things up or going nowhere. They need to understand that I like working and don't appreciate being told to choose, but I do still want to talk to them often and see them when I can. I want them to need all the devotion and love that I have. It's best when they hate disloyalty and perhaps get jealous because then they'll appreciate my inability to betray them or consider anyone else really. Wanting to break away from me or do something to change themselves simply for something new, different, and exciting is a common quality I fear in guys. Oh and I like when they are a reliable source of information.

What do you think about when you aren't thinking? In other words, what sort of thought patterns do you gravitate to when you are in an idle state? Not necessarily specific topics, but ways in which your brain thinks.
    Self-scrutiny and nostalgia happen the most, but I can't really remember if it's always been that way. Sometimes it's short term mistakes that I revisit and regret (like I said the wrong thing 5 minutes ago), sometimes it's traits that have various examples throughout my life, sometimes it's time periods, people or things that I miss and like thinking about. I imagine the future pretty naturally too. That's a much more imaginative and positive experience, but then I return to the reasons why I won't be able to. Stupid.

No really though, good questions. I'm a lot more confident about my original guess for my type than I was before just by answering them.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Welcome!

It's a wild guess, but I'd tentatively say EII/INFj.
    yay. I like the functional analysis of most of what I said. That was helpful and made sense.

EII was probably my best guess, but I do have slight skepticism. I feel like I have all the bad qualities of it and none of the good ones. For example, they seem to be a lot nicer, more empathetic, pleasant, but I suppose it's very likely that I would be if I didn't internalize it so much. I feel that way, but never got much out of showing it. The affinity for violence and everything could definitely be just a personal oddity of mine, though I figured it was worth mentioning because I remember it being present even when I was a young child. Side note: What do you think little kids and their behavior when really young? Does it say something a lot about them or are they not developed enough yet/too adaptable to their environment?

I can see EII as well as Gamma introvert. Why? Just because.

edit: Actually, I think you are probably ESI.
    Hm hm.
    I figured I had to be either EII or ESI. dominates my brain. I had doubt about both, but I kind of feel like there's a lot less information about ESIs. Especially on this forum. Also, intuition vs. sensing makes sense to me in theory, but as far as real application I struggle with it. I'd love to be educated though. More questions are also welcome.

One thing I can say, the fact that I'd rather be ESI makes me think I'm probably EII.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and I like when they are a reliable source of information.
    Please answer:
    - what kind of information do you like to hear or be provided with?
    - what creates you the impression of reliability?

(for example do you prefer facts and figures, tricks, explanations, experiences, ... ?)

Overall I incline towards some Beta, possibly EIE, but I'm not really sure. There are indeed strong points for EXI, but on the other hand you're a radical person, or something, condescending (eg some people are idiots is apparently a rule of thumb of yours) and you insist very much on this "admiration" and how exalted you are about some people (emotion). Additionally, the fact that you praise consciousness and stability, but on the other hand you are rather chaotic, points me again towards this type.
    We'll find out, in the end.

Be careful to what people say, when they justify things based on their type, some may be mistyped.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Please answer:
    - what kind of information do you like to hear or be provided with?
    - what creates you the impression of reliability?

(for example do you prefer facts and figures, tricks, explanations, experiences, ... ?)

Overall I incline towards some Beta, possibly EIE, but I'm not really sure. There are indeed strong points for EXI, but on the other hand you're a radical person, or something, condescending (eg some people are idiots is apparently a rule of thumb of yours) and you insist very much on this "admiration" and how exalted you are about some people (emotion). Additionally, the fact that you praise consciousness and stability, but on the other hand you are rather chaotic, points me again towards this type.
    We'll find out, in the end.

Be careful to what people say, when they justify things based on their type, some may be mistyped.
    Wow, EIE. Beta. That's really interesting. I've never really considered myself a radical person, certainly not an extrovert by any definition. I'm interested in it though. Just to clarify, I'm being more honest with what I'm saying on this thread than I almost ever am with people. I know behavior isn't the most important, but there are still reasons for it and I wanted that to be clear. I also don't want to shoot this typing down.

- Logical explanations are most helpful. For concrete problems, specifically those in work or relationships that need immediate attention, I also need help deciding action to take to get to the end result I need. However, until I trust logic, I need to be convinced that the course of action is best.

- Hm. This really depends. Keeping their word and meeting expectations is of primary importance, but after that communication and effort. So I'll almost always forgive someone if they came to be at the time of the problem and told me why they couldn't do it. That's so obvious and vague though, but I'm really not sure how to be specific.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Define extravert and introvert, please.

And, welcome

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Define extravert and introvert, please.

And, welcome
    Hi. (:
    So, would you like me to give a personal definition of the common usage or explain what I think it means in socionics?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi. (:
    So, would you like me to give a personal definition of the common usage or explain what I think it means in socionics?
    Whatever you think it is as it applies to how you use it to see yourself whether that's in common usage..or snit bits that you've borrowed from literature that describes you.

Have you read Jung's original work on Personality types?

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma/Delta. I vibed with EII.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you think it is as it applies to how you use it to see yourself whether that's in common usage..or snit bits that you've borrowed from literature that describes you.
    Oh oh okay.
    Well, I do think that I'm an introvert, so that's what I'll be describing I suppose. I'm extremely shy and quiet. I typically don't talk much at all unless I'm comfortable with people and if I have to I worry about it. Social situations are stressful and take a lot of energy, especially if it's something I'm not mentally prepared for.

edit: "Have you read Jung's original work on Personality types?"
    I just saw this part. I don't believe I have. Where can I find it?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@d1ffe7: you came off to me as a Beta from the first post, although at first I thought that IEI. You also appear to value Ti, you don't seem the person interested in facts and figures, tests, general howto's & such, but more like a Merry (Alpha, Beta) type, interested in understanding. This "understanding" is a too broad term, I'm thinking about the Ti type, structural, what's sensible and what is not, correct/incorrect, rather than what works, factual, demonstrative (Te).

IRL, types valuing these opposite functions tend to see each other (IME):
    - Te seeing Ti as someone who has not enough knowledge, someone who will eventually be forced to guess, someone who didn't make his homework, eventually without relevant, prompt or useful culture;
    - Ti seeing Te as someone relying too much on what he learned, someone who will probably not handle himself in new situation, limited to what he knows, who learns by heart.

How to say, Ti's in general, tend to restrict themselves rather to a essential set of principles and stay as versatile as possible, while Te's try to cover most of they could ever need. You may - with a grain of salt - look at them as a solution provider (Te) and a troubleshooter (Ti).

So from what you told me, it seems that you're a Ti > Te valuer, which is supported by other small clues, for example your insistence on clarity ("let's clarify"). Ti valuers prefer crystal clear understanding - the drawback is that they tend to overlook many factual details, so idealize things.
    ---

You also sound a bit too eccentric for anything Fi-Base, a bit "psycho", I don't know how to put this. That inclination towards the thrills of violence is one example. BTW, do you ever think about scenarios of a "good death"? Like heroism, dying for one cause, as an example that will inspire people for a long time, for love, anything?

More questions: Are you easily excited by things? Are you restless? If yes, what are the causes? Do you ask yourself questions about the meaning or purpose of life? Do you sometimes feel lonely even if you're surrounded by people? Does loneliness terrify you? Do you sometimes feel that we people are like actors on a stage?

At least, let's eliminate one type, namely EII, because you're Se/Ni valuing by all indicatives (eg. you're rather dismissive with idiots, without trying to "understand" them; high interest in image and impression you create, good (or desired) prestance). Deal?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh oh okay.
    Well, I do think that I'm an introvert, so that's what I'll be describing I suppose. I'm extremely shy and quiet. I typically don't talk much at all unless I'm comfortable with people and if I have to I worry about it. Social situations are stressful and take a lot of energy, especially if it's something I'm not mentally prepared for.
    Being shy and quiet is not a functions on E/I. E/I has to do with orientation towards objects. E's don't subjectify and object, they don't put an element between themselves and the object. I am Fi...Feeler in the introversion. I am highly social, amicable and outgoing. When I see a field of flowers, some flowers strike an emotional connection to me in the very way that the petals may fall or sway. Some flowers give me the feeling of serenity, of happiness, of joy, and feelings that are derived from looking at that particular object are introverted within me; I make connections to these objects by the feelings I have for those objects. I am suspitious of people because they are a particular object that I hold distance with, not because I'm shy, which I can be sometimes, or quiet...

That being said, which function is introverting in you, if you think you're an introvert still?

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you came off to me as a Beta from the first post, although at first I thought that IEI. You also appear to value Ti, you don't seem the person interested in facts and figures, tests, general howto's & such, but more like a Merry (Alpha, Beta) type, interested in understanding. This "understanding" is a too broad term, I'm thinking about the Ti type, structural, what's sensible and what is not, correct/incorrect, rather than what works, factual, demonstrative (Te).

IRL, types valuing these opposite functions tend to see each other (IME):
    - Te seeing Ti as someone who has not enough knowledge, someone who will eventually be forced to guess, someone who didn't make his homework, eventually without relevant, prompt or useful culture;
    - Ti seeing Te as someone relying too much on what he learned, someone who will probably not handle himself in new situation, limited to what he knows, who learns by heart.

How to say, Ti's in general, tend to restrict themselves rather to a essential set of principles and stay as versatile as possible, while Te's try to cover most of they could ever need. You may - with a grain of salt - look at them as a solution provider (Te) and a troubleshooter (Ti).

So from what you told me, it seems that you're a Ti > Te valuer, which is supported by other small clues, for example your insistence on clarity ("let's clarify"). Ti valuers prefer crystal clear understanding - the drawback is that they tend to overlook many factual details, so idealize things.

You also sound a bit too eccentric for anything Fi-Base, a bit "psycho", I don't know how to put this. That inclination towards the thrills of violence is one example. BTW, do you ever think about scenarios of a "good death"? Like heroism, dying for one cause, as an example that will inspire people for a long time, for love, anything?

Oh haha. I don't think violence thrills me at all actually. I think that smart "psycho" people with are fascinating, and I kind of admire them and find them to some of the best subjects for entertainment. The ones that are actually violent though aren't interesting. It's the calm ones. As far a good death, not really. I don't really want to be remembered to be completely honest.

More questions: Are you easily excited by things?
    Not at all, especially not externally. I can be excited internally, but not too easily.

Are you restless? If yes, what are the causes?
    I'm usually pretty calm, though I do like working more than most and deprive myself of proper rest. I can get hyperactive mentally when I want to work and other people are in the way, but I don't show it.

Do you ask yourself questions about the meaning or purpose of life?
    Well, no. I don't really care why I'm here or how much of an impact I leave for some reason.

Do you sometimes feel lonely even if you're surrounded by people? Does loneliness terrify you?
    Yeah, I do. I would say it's something I worry about and try to avoid, but I usually fail and get depressed.

Do you sometimes feel that we people are like actors on a stage?
    I've never been too interested in that idea. I'm accepting of reality in that sense I suppose.

At least, let's eliminate one type, namely EII, because you're Se/Ni valuing by all indicatives (eg. you're rather dismissive with idiots, without trying to "understand" them; high interest in image and impression you create, good (or desired) prestance). Deal?

Well honestly, I feel like you're judging a few things I said as a posed to how I actually use the functions. I'm not going to eliminate EII, I relate with it really well. I don't know, I feel a little bit weird about this because these other things are things I'd like to be, but I don't really think that's who I am. Like I was saying earlier, I've tried to adapt to my situations, but I want to get to the root and I'm still not entirely convinced. I'm not trying to be dismissive, I just want to be sure.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, cool. Hmm interesting, you've got Beta NF some characteristics but on the other hand others don't match. So I'll leave it here, I think that you're some sort of F Rational, I don't know which, but I doubt EII.
    Worth checking on it further.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being shy and quiet is not a functions on E/I. E/I has to do with orientation towards objects. E's don't subjectify and object, they don't put an element between themselves and the object. I am Fi...Feeler in the introversion. I am highly social, amicable and outgoing. When I see a field of flowers, some flowers strike an emotional connection to me in the very way that the petals may fall or sway. Some flowers give me the feeling of serenity, of happiness, of joy, and feelings that are derived from looking at that particular object are introverted within me; I make connections to these objects by the feelings I have for those objects. I am suspitious of people because they are a particular object that I hold distance with, not because I'm shy, which I can be sometimes, or quiet...

That being said, which function is introverting in you, if you think you're an introvert still?
    Yeah, that makes sense. I think I've got really strong Fi also, but it's much more negative than yours and I've been hurt by it too much to be comfortable talking about it openly. I don't like being made fun of for anything, but especially not for my feelings. So I don't show them, and if I can't make myself show anything else, I just act like a shell of a person. The objects concept didn't really make a whole lot of sense, so I'm not sure how to say if I totally agree or not. I definitely feel certain things for actual objects and things, like sentiment and associating emotional connotation, but what did you mean about people being a particular object?

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, cool. Hmm interesting, you've got Beta NF some characteristics but on the other hand others don't match. So I'll leave it here, I think that you're some sort of F Rational, I don't know which, but I doubt EII.
    Worth checking on it further.
    Okay, well thank you. I appreciate it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like you have a love-hate relationship with humanity that obscures your type a little. I could see EII -- there's actually not a lot that contradicts it, although the overall "vibe" of your post feels a little more in-your-face and openly cynical than any EIIs I know. Then again, I get the impression that you might come across as less harsh to the people you interact with IRL although only you know the answer to that.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hello. I'd guess ESI for you.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like you have a love-hate relationship with humanity that obscures your type a little. I could see EII -- there's actually not a lot that contradicts it, although the overall "vibe" of your post feels a little more in-your-face and openly cynical than any EIIs I know. Then again, I get the impression that you might come across as less harsh to the people you interact with IRL although only you know the answer to that.
    Yeah, that's definitely true. I'm very cynical, but I'm not usually that open and honest about it.

Hello. I'd guess ESI for you.
    Hi! Any reason?
    I feel like I haven't gotten a whole lot of feedback on why ESI is a possibility, but I won't rule it out.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what I've read so far, I would conjecture INFj. It's more of a gestalt impression judging from the way you write compared to other members on here, but it doesn't seem unreasonable.

I don't know if you are much for the idea of Visual Identification, but do you have any good quality photos of your face? It would help quite a bit.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

It's pretty cool

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Based on what I've read so far, I would conjecture INFj. It's more of a gestalt impression judging from the way you write compared to other members on here, but it doesn't seem unreasonable.

I don't know if you are much for the idea of Visual Identification, but do you have any good quality photos of your face? It would help quite a bit.
    I'm okay with it if it will help.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...hp?albumid=113

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your self-description overwhelmingly reads Fi and Ij temperament to me. I don't see anything pointing to EII over ESI. People may quote, "I love solving problems and puzzles," as a point for EII, but that's baloney. That said, I'd leave EII as a very close second possibility.

It's probably starting to be clear that I'm completely cynical. Most people are useless, stupid, untrustworthy, selfish and inconsiderate and I don't like them. If you do win my approval though, my devotion, love, respect, loyalty, patience, mercy, etc., is (probably self-destructively) immense.
    This strongly indicates Gamma values to me, and contradicts EII descriptions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Filatova on EII
    As a rule she represses in herself anger, irritation, and the desire to reproach.
    It's also more in line with ESI descriptions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
    ESIs tend to evaluate people's ethical behavior "as it is" and not "as it could be" or "as it could be interpreted according to the context or another person's point of view".
    EIIs are more likely to contextualize judgments about people.

Be really offensive (but not to me). Satire and sarcasm are great. Genocide, gore and murder are usually funny.
    This also contradicts EII:
    Quote Originally Posted by Filatova on EII
    Everything, which deals with violence, in any form, connects to the EII painfully. The effects of the development of this function make it difficult for the EII to watch physical fights and punishments and they harbour an immediate gut reaction in the case of murder, even if it presents itself merely as a representation on TV. Such spectacles incite, in them, the desire to stop everything. Their reaction can be even sharper should they suffer violent treatment personally in life, especially in regards to punishment as children.

Some other little things also point to ESI over EII, but not strongly so, like hating change and a strong emphasis on personal loyalty and fearing others' disloyalty.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESI too.

Just want to check on Bolt's reasons for seeing Beta:

There are indeed strong points for EXI, but on the other hand you're a radical person, or something, condescending (eg some people are idiots is apparently a rule of thumb of yours) and you insist very much on this "admiration" and how exalted you are about some people (emotion).
    If someone is condescending, radical, and wants admiration, that points to Beta??

Actually, now that I think about it, the Gamma SFs I know like to be admired. Whether someone finds someone condescending or feels superior to someone is probably more about the relationship between the two (ie supervision) than one particular type. And the "radical" thing I don't get at all.
    Last edited by Slacker; 01-15-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging from your photos I could believe Fi-IXFj.

It's pretty cool

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I think ESI too.

Just want to check on Bolt's reasons for seeing Beta:

If someone is condescending, radical, and wants admiration, that points to Beta??
    No, it's OK, I also thing ESI > anything else now. Just my second option is EIE - I am certain that she is F Rational, but is also Se/Ni valuer, few things ESE or EII fit with her image.

Basically, I went on EIE over ESI at first because she appeared to be more kinky, somehow, more eccentric compared to the average ESI. She also appeared much more emotional. But now it emerges that many things were based on some misunderstandings.
    ---

Just to let you know then that I agree with ESI, adding two more opinions of mine:
    - indeed ESIs are very critical towards people, cynical, but they're not open about it. They use to tell them straightly exclusively to confidants, keeping an outside image of politeness, calm, satisfaction. Not sure about her appearance again, but this fact that she's not usually open to everyone with her harsh critiques is perfectly match ESI (I recall it was written literally in some description but I couldn't find it);
    - I agree with the fact that ESIs are also condescending and radical, etc. It was not my intention to claim that this doesn't fit ESI, but it fitted EIE in the big picture along with the other details - which again, might have been a communication issue. In fact, I was the confidant of an ESI woman, and let you know what she was pretty much like this; she often used to say "you can recognize a nobody from miles away" She was recognizing posers - at least the ones that were "posers" in her view, people who claim to be into something but didn't have the depth, the principles, understanding or qualification, depends on the matter (cause it could be music or academic, for example).
    ---

From the VI yes again, ESI works pretty well, actually.
    Last edited by The Ineffable; 01-16-2011 at 04:39 AM. Reason: ESE or EII, I meant

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, that makes sense. I think I've got really strong Fi also, but it's much more negative than yours and I've been hurt by it too much to be comfortable talking about it openly. I don't like being made fun of for anything, but especially not for my feelings. So I don't show them, and if I can't make myself show anything else, I just act like a shell of a person. The objects concept didn't really make a whole lot of sense, so I'm not sure how to say if I totally agree or not. I definitely feel certain things for actual objects and things, like sentiment and associating emotional connotation, but what did you mean about people being a particular object?
    People are objects, but in a subjective manner, too in the eyes of Fi. When a certain person strikes a certain emotional connection, an Fi will determine what subjective emotions to hold for that person. It's the same as picking up a certain rock and feeling an energy for that rock that is a subjective experience for that individual alone. Fe types can do this too. They can also admire an object. An FeSi, can admire the object based purely on it's aesthetic sensations derived from that object then they will hold a feeling for that object. FiNe will pick up an object and feel a certain immittance of energy, like feeling, that creates a pull or repulsion. If the repulsion is not rationalized, the person will make a judgement that may not be correct or accurate, and will actually sometimes choose to hold an inappropriate distance from people or objects just from those feelings. Alphas and Betas associate things to Evil and Gammas and Deltas to Good and Bad. A person who is not well connected to feelings will evaluate objects for their qualities, like looks, not necessarily subjective attraction (examples "she's not pretty, but is pretty to me"- an example of subjective evaluation; "she's pretty, what do you think of her?" -an example of objective evaluation).

Fi types try to create relationship. They will approach objects/people with caution and test them...for response and mimicry which gives the Fi type the "feed" or "reading" from the person, which Fi determines whether it's worthy for the existence of such relations.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-16-2011 at 02:22 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the forum d1ffe7

atm, I'm also siding on probable ESI

poor / ftw!
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Being disorganized can be Te seeking, true, but it can also be Te ignoring.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, thanks everyone and it's great to meet you.
    Most are leaning toward ESI, maybe EII now it seems. EXE possibly.

I like the ESI explanations quite a bit. I'm still unsure about it though.

Any recommended socionics reading? I'm familiar with socionics.com and wikisocion, but I'm not sure what the general opinion of those are. The more I understand it the better I guess, plus I'd really like something to read and relate to.

I'll definitely answer more questions still and hear more input of course.

Marista: I'm curious about your opinion of my type if you don't mind.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mind sharing an experience where you were really happy, and one where you were really pissed off? What made you happy and what pissed you off?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A word of warning is that you should try not to get too attached to a typing too quickly. As you learn more, it might become apparent to you that you are a different type. Try to keep your mind open and relax about that for a while.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Mind sharing an experience where you were really happy, and one where you were really pissed off? What made you happy and what pissed you off?
    Yeah, no problem. Hm, before I answer this question, is it significant that the negative experience be something that pissed me off? To be honest, I don't really get very angry. While I might be able to think of a time when I did, it wouldn't the most negative experience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    A word of warning is that you should try not to get too attached to a typing too quickly. As you learn more, it might become apparent to you that you are a different type. Try to keep your mind open and relax about that for a while.
    Okay, thank you. (: I won't.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, here's some others: do you value confidentiality and discreetness more than most people you can think of? So do relatives who talk carelessly and too openly annoy you? Does it offend you if a close person slips too many details that, even if you didn't label as confidential or warned about, could have possibly been, if not deranging, at least indiscreet?

A different one: say that someone, about who you have a relatively good impression, tells you something that you actually find outraging or embarrassing for him/her. Would you rather try to play this down, to leave the impression that you did not get it or it's something unimportant that you didn't even pay much attention to? For his/her sake, of course, you would not want to confront/humiliate him but also you would expect that he gets the idea without words, that he's smart enough to understand without being explicitly told that he blundered.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, no problem. Hm, before I answer this question, is it significant that the negative experience be something that pissed me off? To be honest, I don't really get very angry. While I might be able to think of a time when I did, it wouldn't the most negative experience for me.
    Just something that really pissed you off/made you angry/irritated you. Two opposite experiences, something really good, and something really bad is what I'm asking about. What were they and why?

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, here's some others: do you value confidentiality and discreetness more than most people you can think of? So do relatives who talk carelessly and too openly annoy you? Does it offend you if a close person slips too many details that, even if you didn't label as confidential or warned about, could have possibly been, if not deranging, at least indiscreet?
    Yeah, it does. I hate the feeling that when I'm talking openly with someone, that I'm not just revealing things to them, but to other people they talk to. I don't like having to tell someone not to share information with other people all the time, but I wish they wouldn't.
    It's interesting you mention relatives, though it could have been meant very generally, I feel that my relations with my father are strongly affected by these qualities in his wife. I hide things from my father and step mother because I know she will not only judge and look down on me for most things, but will talk about it with the entire family.

A different one: say that someone, about who you have a relatively good impression, tells you something that you actually find outraging or embarrassing for him/her. Would you rather try to play this down, to leave the impression that you did not get it or it's something unimportant that you didn't even pay much attention to? For his/her sake, of course, you would not want to confront/humiliate him but also you would expect that he gets the idea without words, that he's smart enough to understand without being explicitly told that he blundered.
    Well, maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but I don't really relate to it very much and am having a hard time answering it.

I'm not often surprised by anyone's actions, and I can't really think of a time where someone I liked did something that angered me or I thought was embarrassing on their part. That sounds kind of arrogant, but I just can't think of a good example of this situation. I guess that if I like someone, I usually understand the reasons for their actions and don't blame them for things. Maybe that means I would try to play it down. I definitely wouldn't want to embarrass them further or anything though, nor would I want to go to someone and say "you screwed up". I like to expect that, like I would, people would know if they did something wrong. Feel free to explain more, I didn't do a very good job answering this question.

Just something that really pissed you off/made you angry/irritated you. Two opposite experiences, something really good, and something really bad is what I'm asking about. What were they and why?
    Okay. I can really think of any sudden events or specific situations that made me extremely happy for some reason. I don't know if this helps answer your question, but I'm inclined to describe one of my earliest friendships when I think of the happiest experiences I've had. I feel like she was definitely the most positive influence in my life, and I have the best memories with her. I was interested in her passions and interests as she in mine, we did everything together, and I felt comfortable in situations I usually wouldn't if she was there. We had deep discussions about our interests, even as little kids. They generally contradicted my family ones, so I was a little torn, but she was accepting of that and listened to my side of things. For a while my side was similar to what I'd heard from my parents in most cases, but then I thought more about hers and formed my own.

It's much easier for me to be emotionally hurt or blame myself than to be angry. This post is sort of developing an 'evil stepmother' theme, but no one else makes me truly angry like she does. What first and maybe most pissed me off was when she made an appointment with my childhood therapist to figure out what I said about her and everything else. The privacy violation there bothers me the most. The idea that she was so interested in what I said during therapy bothered me as well because I don't trust her at all, most reasons mentioned above. It also bothers me how she wasted money and time on it. She doesn't value either. Then about a year I was diagnosed with some foot condition that I don't actually have. My father mentioned it to her and she whispered to him "god what next? I've never met an 11 year old with so many problems" as though I wasn't standing right there. I'll never forget that how that felt. That's a little personal and kind of weird to say on here, and I'm not really sure what you'll make of it.
    Last edited by d1ffe7; 01-17-2011 at 01:27 AM.

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limNol View Post
    When i stumbled across this thread, i was like "what the fack? Finally someone made a thread like this". Say, I'm not sure if being cynical and having a negative outlook in life "narcissism", could be type related. Maybe. i can't tell for sure because all these points that you mention about diffe are exhilarating for me. It's quite the eye opener that someone is able to put the negativity i feel into words. Quite funny actually, being negative has some beauty in it but...it does get a lot of energy out of me. I would only think about such things when I'm socially deprived. Nonetheless i am still happy/ dark person ( -cynical, bashing on humans, ignorant, selfish jerk-off) my friends would say i am eccentric and psychotic. I feel like going crazy sometimes, i love to picture myself laughing my ass off when i think of something inhumane. What if I'm a masochist? LOL

Diffe, your responses here somewhat relate to me too. Not that I'm trying to to confuse you or anything but it just clicked lol. Pleasure to meet ~EIE.
    Last edited by Variant; 01-18-2011 at 03:15 AM.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReiLingBaz View Post
    When i stumbled across this thread, i was like "what the fack? Finally someone made a thread like this". Say, I'm not sure if being cynical and having a negative outlook in life "narcissism", could be type related. Maybe. i can't tell for sure because all these points that you mention about diffe are exhilarating for me. It's quite the eye opener that someone is able to put the negativity i feel into words. Quite funny actually, being negative has some beauty in it but...it does get a lot of energy out of me. I would only think about such things when I'm socially deprived. Nonetheless i am still happy/ dark person ( -cynical, bashing on humans, ignorant, selfish jerk-off) my friends would say i am eccentric and psychotic. I feel like going crazy sometimes, i love to picture myself laughing my ass off when i think of something inhumane. What if I'm a masochist? LOL

Diffe, your responses here somewhat relate to me too. Not that I'm trying to to confuse you or anything but it just clicked lol. Pleasure to meet ~EIE.
    Heheheh yes. I think you're pretty cool! Probably not the same type as you thoughh because my love-hate relationship with humanity is probably much more loving and less happy and selfish than yours. Or I could be just like you and have had a lot of experiences that suppressed and reversed it all. I'm not quite sure still. But I'm glad we can relate. (:

PS Masochist or sadist?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered INTp? The way you wrote the title of the thread really seemed INTp to me.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast