Results 1 to 38 of 38

Thread: yo delta

  1. #1
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default yo delta

    this isn't really a serious reconsideration. more like a musing.

    do you think i fit in here? are you at all perturbed by my self-typing?

    don't ask why. i'm mostly just entertaining myself.

  2. #2
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As far as i can tell, I feel like you fit in.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  3. #3
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's good to keep your mind open. I don't have a real opinion one way or the other, but of course that means you haven't seemed particularly not Delta to me.

  4. #4
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What do you mean by "delta"? It's just a bunch of people who you don't even know if they are self-typed correctly too, hehe. Anyway, we donn wan' yo kand around hea...

  5. #5
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    What do you mean by "delta"? It's just a bunch of people who you don't even know if they are self-typed correctly too, hehe.
    Worth remembering. LOL.

  6. #6
    not gonna be around as much anymore
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like you.

    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

  7. #7
    star stuff April's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    chatbox
    TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    are you at all perturbed by my self-typing?
    Very perturbed. Like, mentally and emotionally distraught.

  8. #8
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    this isn't really a serious reconsideration. more like a musing.

    do you think i fit in here? are you at all perturbed by my self-typing?

    don't ask why. i'm mostly just entertaining myself.
    You fit in well as far as im concerned

    EDIT: by that I mean that I personally feel that you fit in here quite well, which does not mean I know how others feel. But whoever you are I hope you are in my quadra at least.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  9. #9
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kassie you've been welcome here since Day 1.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  10. #10
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks for the answers, guys, both the assurances and the ambiguities.

    for my part, i have no complaints. group hug? no? no.

  11. #11
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    for my part, i have no complaints. group hug? no? no.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  12. #12
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I realize that like or dislike is not necessarily quadra-related, but I don't have a problem with you. From what I recall, I don't look at your posts and go, "WTF???" or anything.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  13. #13
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm surprised you said you're just entertaining yourself...that's really not a fit for my dual pair, who tend to be serious even making hobbies into real activities or active time for learning...we don't go for this type of fun sorry...you don't fit with this dual pair.

  14. #14
    CILi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey baby, I just wanna fit with your... dual pair.


  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I'm surprised you said you're just entertaining yourself...that's really not a fit for my dual pair, who tend to be serious even making hobbies into real activities or active time for learning...we don't go for this type of fun sorry...you don't fit with this dual pair.
    Shut the fuck up, will you ?

  16. #16
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Johnny Bravo always cracks me up.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  17. #17
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I'm surprised you said you're just entertaining yourself...that's really not a fit for my dual pair, who tend to be serious even making hobbies into real activities or active time for learning...we don't go for this type of fun sorry...you don't fit with this dual pair.
    thanks for responding.

    i wasn't really asking for a theoretical analysis so much as a subjective impression of whether or not i seem to "fit in" or if i'm easy or difficult to understand. and it wasn't about the delta rational pair so much as delta in general. but since i already know you type me something different, i suppose this clarification is unnecessary.

    i will concede that, yes, if you interpreted my post to mean "dar de dar, just goofing off here," that there is probably a gulf in understanding, i don't know if it would be type related.

  18. #18
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EIIs and LSEs are not always serious anyway. That's just silly. I wouldn't pay any attention to that.

  19. #19
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Shut the fuck up, will you ?
    Temper temper. The fact Maritsa thinks Kassie is not INFj is a good indication she is.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  20. #20
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    do you think i fit in here?
    Do you think you fit in here?
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

  21. #21
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    EIIs and LSEs are not always serious anyway. That's just silly. I wouldn't pay any attention to that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Temper temper. The fact Maritsa thinks Kassie is not INFj is a good indication she is.


    Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Do you think you fit in here?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  22. #22
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    do you mean if you fit in "here" or you fit in with Delta IE values? If the former, I wouldn't use this place as any indication of the latter

    ftr, I have nothing against your self typing

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Shut the fuck up, will you ?
    whoa, chill
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  23. #23
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    do you mean if you fit in "here" or you fit in with Delta IE values? If the former, I wouldn't use this place as any indication of the latter

    ftr, I have nothing against your self typing
    thanks.

    i was asking about the former. i saw it potentially meaning something. but i can think of some reasons why it wouldn't be any indication along with some reasons why it would. i'd be curious to hear you (or anyone else who sees this) flesh out some thoughts on why or why not interaction and impressions on the forum could be relevant to actual type.

    Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Do you think you fit in here?
    hmm. i don't feel like an outcast or anything, but i feel about as equally accepted and comfortable in this subforum as i do anywhere else on the forum. so none of the quadra subforums really stand out to me as, like, This-Is-Home-and-These-are-My-People safe havens compared to any of the other quadra subforums. i don't know if it should, or if the quadra subforums stand out that way for other people? but, i mean..it's perfectly fine and i like almost everyone (including you).
    Last edited by lump; 01-16-2011 at 09:21 PM.

  24. #24
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You fit in biut you have not yet paid your membership fee:

    yOu must bake the quadra chocolate chip cookies.


    Do this and you will become one of us.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  25. #25
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    yOu must bake the quadra chocolate chip cookies.
    This.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  26. #26
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    hmm. i don't feel like an outcast or anything, but i feel about as equally accepted and comfortable in this subforum as i do anywhere else on the forum. so none of the quadra subforums really stand out to me as, like, This-Is-Home-and-These-are-My-People safe havens compared to any of the other quadra subforums. i don't know if it should, or if the quadra subforums stand out that way for other people?
    You're definitely not alone on that one. I don't feel particular at home in any sub-forum given the range of personalities within each quadra. That said, I like the vibe I get from Delta posters who I 'know' well enough to pin a few identifiable qualities on them.

    but, i mean..it's perfectly fine and i like almost everyone (including you).
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

  27. #27
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    thanks.

    i was asking about the former. i saw it potentially meaning something. but i can think of some reasons why it wouldn't be any indication along with some reasons why it would. i'd be curious to hear you (or anyone else who sees this) flesh out some thoughts on why or why not interaction and impressions on the forum could be relevant to actual type.
    Quadra dynamics are good for supplementing information for type identification but they're too many factors that can cloud judgment.

    Just to use an extreme example, the Beta subforum; it's pretty much a dwelling for the more contemptible Beta stereotypes rather than being an actual representation for what the Beta IE's represent, and thus could be one of the main reasons why a lot of Beta's have mistyped themselves.
    For instance, a Beta who is mature/strictly-moral/religious will probably take a look at the sub-forum and identify themselves as not being one based on that alone. The same could apply here too, or Alpha and Gamma

    So I'd say if you're looking for a more genuine understanding of yourself and others, it's better to make a case based on what IE's a person is using and what they value/devalue rather than look primarily at behavioral stereotypes


    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    You fit in biut you have not yet paid your membership fee:

    yOu must bake the quadra chocolate chip cookies.


    Do this and you will become one of us.
    srsly shocked that you didn't say brownies
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  28. #28
    CILi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    brownies
    Is not Alpha?

    Quote Originally Posted by ll
    i don't feel like an outcast or anything, but i feel about as equally accepted and comfortable in this subforum as i do anywhere else on the forum. so none of the quadra subforums really stand out to me as, like, This-Is-Home-and-These-are-My-People safe havens compared to any of the other quadra subforums.
    I was gonna ask if This-Is-Home-and-These-are-My-People is something you really wanted and were looking for, but...

    ...Then I read your sig.

    Good luck.

  29. #29
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Quadra dynamics are good for supplementing information for type identification but they're too many factors that can cloud judgment.

    Just to use an extreme example, the Beta subforum; it's pretty much a dwelling for the more contemptible Beta stereotypes rather than being an actual representation for what the Beta IE's represent, and thus could be one of the main reasons why a lot of Beta's have mistyped themselves.
    For instance, a Beta who is mature/strictly-moral/religious will probably take a look at the sub-forum and identify themselves as not being one based on that alone. The same could apply here too, or Alpha and Gamma

    So I'd say if you're looking for a more genuine understanding of yourself and others, it's better to make a case based on what IE's a person is using and what they value/devalue rather than look primarily at behavioral stereotypes
    i think i get what you're saying - i can definitely see how a beta with strict moral/religious principals wouldn't relate to the beta subforum. i think that the stereotypes associated with each quadra might be accentuated to lesser or greater extents within the subforums, but that wouldn't happen without peoples' forum demeanors making it so...not that i think most people purposefully misrepesent themselves, but its a strange dynamic. which is unfortunate since it lessens the potential for real understanding.

    but i would tend to think that even if certain stereotypical behavioral traits are emphasized, there would still be a better level of relational understanding between quadra members on here (although factors like nontype-related value differences and potential mistypings are things i wouldn't even know where to start accounting for).

  30. #30
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Is not Alpha?


    I was gonna ask if This-Is-Home-and-These-are-My-People is something you really wanted and were looking for, but...

    ...Then I read your sig.

    Good luck.
    lol. does my sig suggest that? its taken from an sp/sx variant stacking description. idk if i'm "looking for" that, but wouldn't anyone find it nice? heh.

  31. #31
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I, too, have wondered what a religious Beta would look like. Of course, I actually know one. >.> He's the strictest person in the family, even more so than the Alpha and the Delta. The Delta (me) is actually the least morally uptight of the three.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  32. #32
    CILi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ll
    lol. does my sig suggest that? its taken from an sp/sx variant stacking description. idk if i'm "looking for" that, but wouldn't anyone find it nice? heh.
    If anyone deserves to find it, well, you get my vote.

    Personally, I s'pose "Home-and-People" is kinda like type to me: "If you find it, like, ...then what?"

    If you find yo' peoples, what's left to look for?

    (Then again, ...maybe that's the beauty it.)

     
    Or something.

  33. #33
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Brownies with nuts in them
    Or chocolate chip cookies.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  34. #34
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    or both
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  35. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    whoa, chill
    I am chill. Just a bit pissed.

  36. #36
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I, too, have wondered what a religious Beta would look like. Of course, I actually know one. >.> He's the strictest person in the family, even more so than the Alpha and the Delta. The Delta (me) is actually the least morally uptight of the three.
    You'll probably find some religious Betas here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholi...smatic_Renewal

  37. #37
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I, too, have wondered what a religious Beta would look like.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  38. #38
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I, too, have wondered what a religious Beta would look like. Of course, I actually know one. >.> He's the strictest person in the family, even more so than the Alpha and the Delta. The Delta (me) is actually the least morally uptight of the three.
    How are you defining "religious"? I know Christians of all socio-types who are good people, who I'm glad are here on earth doing their thing. I worked for almost 10 years for a Bible-following ESTp, and those were some of the best summers of my life. Sure, we never got super close (though long acquaintance can at least build a variation on Fi-bonds) and a lot of the time we tended to have different approaches and different preferred methods for how to accomplish things, but as a person I respect him a lot and have learned a lot from him.

    Right now I'm working for an ENFj who is a strong and passionate Christian. As with the ESTp, she and I have different "values" (or emphases) and our methods and foci often differ a lot, and sometimes we think the other a little strange, haha. But her ultimate goals and values align with mine, which does a whole lot to bring us onto the same page. She is another person for whom I am grateful and I am happy that she is using the strengths of her sociotype to make the world a better place.

    Then again, I also know people who call themselves Christians who, regardless of type, I don't especially like or respect.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •