Thread: idea about psycopaths/rapists/molesters/criminals etc

Punk
    TIM
    XxxX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default idea about psycopaths/rapists/molesters/criminals etc.

fdsgf
    Last edited by dangerbird; 01-13-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    -privacy
    -security
    -hard work
    etc.
    i am a spiritual atheist and theres alot of ways to be one
    ------------------------
    i do alot of stuff'n imagine theories

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fi PoLR, amirite?

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentally deranged in a way not necessarily type-related, but to the extent psychosis/violence are typable they'd probably be SLE-Se > everything else.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anti social personality disorder : SLI / SLE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have encountered/had close contact with 3 people whom I believe to be sociopaths, and all 3 are EIE-Ni, luls.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you considered yourself as 5 different people
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ntr.

each type has it's own proclivities towards violence.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-male

psychopaths - advanced form of antisocial/sociopathy, the terminology isn't so important, its how the illness progresses from normal to antisocial to sociopathy to psychopathy. While people have these precise scholarly terms for each stage in reality the model is much more fluid.

rapists - different motives depending on the rapist, usually the idea of dominating the victim feeds the libido more than the actual sex.

molesters - similar to rapists

criminals - they break the law (imo not necessarily in the same category as psychopaths, rapists, and molesters... these people usually lack empathy for their victims, if the law is made by sociopaths <hypothetically> then being a criminal necessarily doesn't imply a lack of empathy)

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to explain complex psychological problems like these using socionics is a big mistake. Honestly, the less mentally healthy people get, the more socionics starts to break down and become irrelevant.

HLD, I wouldn't say criminals necessarily lack empathy for their victims. People have a lot of conflicting internal drives, and even when one of them overwhelms empathy, I don't think empathy disappears altogether. Almost everyone is selfish and empathetic; things aren't so black and white. Plus, there are victimless crimes.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by limNol View Post
    HLD, I wouldn't say criminals necessarily lack empathy for their victims. People have a lot of conflicting internal drives, and even when one of them overwhelms empathy, I don't think empathy disappears altogether. Almost everyone is selfish and empathetic; things aren't so black and white. Plus, there are victimless crimes.
    re-read what I wrote, I think you misunderstood.

I am saying

psychopaths, rapists, and molesters -- lack of empathy in varying levels

criminals -- not necessarily a lack of empathy

you are leading in saying "I wouldn't say criminals necessarily lack empathy..."

lol THATS WHAT I SAID! go re-read it

being very direct all that criminal means more or less is a one who commits a criminal offense, criminal being opposed to civil. Civil being citizen against citizen or a government body versus a government body (state vs state).... criminal being a citizen versus a government body (person vs state). Saying all criminals lack empathy, has the implicit assumption that anything against the government's agenda requires a lack of empathy. This of course is ridiculous, like you said there are victimless crimes, further it assumes the state always has policy formed to reinforce empathy, this is clearly not the case, just consider the nazis, a very clear example where empathy and government policy do not coincide.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se PoLR making the quiet patient one explode on someone, amirite?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Se PoLR making the quiet patient one explode on someone, amirite?
    The murder weapon was kindness.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Creepy-male

Ethical type = crimes of passion, amirite?

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    re-read what I wrote, I think you misunderstood.

I am saying

psychopaths, rapists, and molesters -- lack of empathy in varying levels

criminals -- not necessarily a lack of empathy

you are leading in saying "I wouldn't say criminals necessarily lack empathy..."

lol THATS WHAT I SAID! go re-read it

being very direct all that criminal means more or less is a one who commits a criminal offense, criminal being opposed to civil. Civil being citizen against citizen or a government body versus a government body (state vs state).... criminal being a citizen versus a government body (person vs state). Saying all criminals lack empathy, has the implicit assumption that anything against the government's agenda requires a lack of empathy. This of course is ridiculous, like you said there are victimless crimes, further it assumes the state always has policy formed to reinforce empathy, this is clearly not the case, just consider the nazis, a very clear example where empathy and government policy do not coincide.

lol gotcha -- when you said "these people usually lack empathy for their victims," I thought you were talking about criminals.