Thread: Typing 4 persons I know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typing 4 persons I know

Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the forum lately, reading random threads to improve my knowledge. Since I feel I have to take a new start, I'm currently trying to collect RL data and see what I can do with it later.
    The problem is, I have prepared 4 nice boxes... but may end putting the wrong things in.
    Also, one of my friend said to me once it's just bullshit to put people into boxes. Well... let's say my observations need to be organized somewhat.

So, I've met one of my friends' family and had a wonderful connection with every 4 of its members.

There is my friend (obviously), a heavily intellectual female who enjoys giving me mini conferences about books, games, art. It's often feeding me with facts and figures. It's very detailed but not really structured. She voices her knowledge every time she sees a curious look on my face. It's very "on the go".
    She likes to cook and talk about food and health (maybe due to her education). She does not seem to handle practical matters well (loses her keys, forgets her bag...)
    Shows a demonstratively ethical behaviour : this attitude is good, this one is bad, and so on. At the same time, ends up doing the opposite of what's expected in social gatherings. Makes me wonder how. Sometimes she just feels badass though.

Now her mother is a very, veryyyyyyy caring person. I have thought many times she should be italian !! She monitors the entire house. Once you've stepped in, you fall under her care.
    I don't know her very well, but I have found myself included very quickly and naturally within ther merry little society.
    She's quite loud, never rests, values efficiency a great deal ("never wander empty handed, there is always something to tidy").
    She cooks and talk about it ALOT ! Nearly analysing the dish on a molecular scale.
    She also eats thoses little cheese cubes just to get the trivial pursuit questions in it. It's a familial sport !

The father is a relaxed and laid-back person. He likes to make quircky remarks, nonsense jokes, and puts everyone at ease. He also values intellectual performance, but not quite as much as the rest of the house. He's happy to let his mind rest and enjoy the atmosphere.

And finally the big (and he actually is physically imposing) brother : a seemingly active young man, ready to argue at any time, over any topic, takes a pride in being always logical and rational about... anything ! If argument turns into his disadvantage, he quietens and listens to offered explaination. Provided you really know what you're talking about. Otherwise you're in for stinging remarks.
    Likes to cook (yes, he too !). Is very into good food/wine.
    Is like his sister : a walking source of random data ! It goes from shoes to economics, sports, travels...
    In personal relations, is very reserved. Rarely pays compliment. Goes instead for ironic jokes about someone to show he cares.

Well, I'm done. Who's who ? I'd like to know about their types because I feel right at home with them, especially mother and father.

Hope you won't find my thread invasive. I've been lurking for some time, trying to read and absorb first and forehand, but curiousity got me.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linalee View Post
    Hi everyone,

There is my friend (obviously), a heavily intellectual female who enjoys giving me mini conferences about books, games, art. It's often feeding me with facts and figures. It's very detailed but not really structured. She voices her knowledge every time she sees a curious look on my face. It's very "on the go".
    She likes to cook and talk about food and health (maybe due to her education). She does not seem to handle practical matters well (loses her keys, forgets her bag...)
    Shows a demonstratively ethical behaviour : this attitude is good, this one is bad, and so on. At the same time, ends up doing the opposite of what's expected in social gatherings. Makes me wonder how. Sometimes she just feels badass though.
    ILE?

Now her mother is a very, veryyyyyyy caring person. I have thought many times she should be italian !! She monitors the entire house. Once you've stepped in, you fall under her care.
    I don't know her very well, but I have found myself included very quickly and naturally within ther merry little society.
    She's quite loud, never rests, values efficiency a great deal ("never wander empty handed, there is always something to tidy").
    She cooks and talk about it ALOT ! Nearly analysing the dish on a molecular scale.
    She also eats thoses little cheese cubes just to get the trivial pursuit questions in it. It's a familial sport !
    ESE?

The father is a relaxed and laid-back person. He likes to make quircky remarks, nonsense jokes, and puts everyone at ease. He also values intellectual performance, but not quite as much as the rest of the house. He's happy to let his mind rest and enjoy the atmosphere.
    SEI?

And finally the big (and he actually is physically imposing) brother : a seemingly active young man, ready to argue at any time, over any topic, takes a pride in being always logical and rational about... anything ! If argument turns into his disadvantage, he quietens and listens to offered explaination. Provided you really know what you're talking about. Otherwise you're in for stinging remarks.
    Is like his sister : a walking source of random data ! It goes from shoes to economics, sports, travels...
    In personal relations, is very reserved. Rarely pays compliment. Goes instead for ironic jokes about someone to show he cares.
    LSE?

Well, I'm done. Who's who ? I'd like to know about their types because I feel right at home with them, especially mother and father.

Hope you won't find my thread invasive. I've been lurking for some time, trying to read and absorb first and forehand, but curiousity got me.
    LII?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree. They sound primarily alpha.

inbefore somebody is all 'that's not type related anybody can be that way' and tries to make some sweeping statement about how we're all human and we all need to be loved. *sigh* and then 5 posts later somebody mentions hitler. then people argue about some neurotic thingie in the brain that doesn't really exist, even though socionics does exist then another fed up somebody goes 'socionics doesn't exist!' But it really does exist, they're just being intellectually lazy. Then somebody else points that out and the other person is like 'just get a life, you're mentally masturbating.'

lol humans are such faggots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inbefore somebody is all 'that's not type related anybody can be that way' and tries to make some sweeping statement about how we're all human and we all need to be loved. *sigh* and then 5 posts later somebody mentions hitler. then people argue about some neurotic thingie in the brain that doesn't really exist, even though socionics does exist then another fed up somebody goes 'socionics doesn't exist!' But it really does exist, they're just being intellectually lazy. Then somebody else points that out and the other person is like 'just get a life, you're mentally masturbating.'

... getting a life is not incompatible with socionics, is it ?

My first thought was these 4 people were delta/gamma. Yeah, don't laugh. It's all because of something they said to me once.
    They hate when people are too enthousiast about something : they would keep telling everyone how great the thing is (let's say, a nice restaurant would become THE place to go). Then friends would go to said restaurant. Then feel disappointed because reality doesn't fit the drama. Then resent friend for it. In their opinion, it's far better to minimize and let someone discover for onself.
    I remember having 8 eyes searching for my agreement at that point. Which I didn't give anyway.

I would have thought Fe valuing people would like the fuss ??

About the father, he likes to pop behind your back, a serious look on his face, then say a random thing and disappear.
    Last time, he took a worn teddy bear, then explained to me which configuration its hat could be given, put it in my hands and... left. Straight face all along.

So my first guess was :
    mother ESE, or a particularly happy LSE ??
    father IEE because he goes out of his way to entertain guests, makes sure you're having a good time
    my friend - you're gonna laugh - LIE. Doesn't seem interested in keeping options opened
    brother LSE or SLE, as he's quite showingly agressive, at least verbally
    They all go along famously
    Need to re-think !!!

Unfortunately, my opinion has influenced my observations. I'll try from an alpha angle next time I see them.

It's hard to be objective. It feels like you have to forget what you know first, for the data to come "clean". Well, "cleaner" would be more accurate.
    You never know either how much revealing an anecdote really is.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought was these 4 people were delta/gamma.
    I thought of Gamma/Delta, too.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-valuing. Probably Extravert. ILE or SEE.

ESI, or ESE.

SLI or ILI? Or maybe SEI.

LII or LIE.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-Si

LSE-Ti

SEI-Fe

ILE-Ti.

Hope you won't find my thread invasive. I've been lurking for some time, trying to read and absorb first and forehand, but curiousity got me.[/QUOTE]
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought was these 4 people were delta/gamma. Yeah, don't laugh.
    Nobody will laugh at you, probably only someone like 1981slater. This annoying character is an LIE himself, but who stolidly keeps trumpeting that he's an ILE. Don't even pay attention to him, I usually try to ignore him at all, but he's pushing too much bullshit sometimes, like in this case.

Of course that an ILE is not for facts and figures and have a structural mind. ILEs see the world as some sort of big system, based on some principles they try to figure out. They rarely keep in mind - or pay attention to - facts that are not connected with each other by some ties, that's why they tend to find unusual explanations to everything. ILEs tend to classify anything (seek an understanding) since their childhood, that's one reason why they're often forgetful for the most part, although there are things that they remember for a long time. They perceive similarities between things and associate them with each other, I'm confident that any ILE (real ILE) you'll ask how he/she recalled something relatively new and arbitrary, he will often be able to explain you how. They use Ne and Ti acutely - if someone forgot, these are their Ego functions - and recall any thing based on how it fits internally. In fact I heard ILEs being surprised about the fact that they remember something (eg someone's name, a number) just like that, by heart, without any other internal reference. ILEs gather information from a very broad range of fields, sometimes odd ones, but they take only what's interesting to them - compared to say Te types, much less coverage -, so they, assuming persons with usual access to information and culture, tend to be far from walking encyclopedias.

All I can tell about your friend is that she's Te Valuer. Not sure which, I'd be interested in what do you mean by "highly intellectual" and if possible, some examples of what (or what kind of things) you found out from her?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the forum lately, reading random threads to improve my knowledge. Since I feel I have to take a new start, I'm currently trying to collect RL data and see what I can do with it later.
    The problem is, I have prepared 4 nice boxes... but may end putting the wrong things in.
    Also, one of my friend said to me once it's just bullshit to put people into boxes. Well... let's say my observations need to be organized somewhat.
    Welcome You seem to value Ti; you seem to be either EII or LII . Point it out if we are wrong, please.

So, I've met one of my friends' family and had a wonderful connection with every 4 of its members.

There is my friend (obviously), a heavily intellectual female who enjoys giving me mini conferences about books, games, art.
    this does not indicate type

It's often feeding me with facts and figures. It's very detailed but not really structured.
    Se type of detail sounds like either SEE or SLE

She voices her knowledge every time she sees a curious look on my face. It's very "on the go".
    being able to read changing facial expressions is Se..so SEE, ESI

SEE

SEE

SEE

SLI or SLE

Sounds more SLE then LSE even SLI don't forget what is demonstrated may not be the actual person and don't forget that this analysis is through your perception and may not reflect the actual psych of the individual. A lot of people like to cook and are aesthetic, mostly all S types, so typing based on this is not good.

So, pretty much. There's very limited information here to type on.

Kinda sounds like SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok lol, hum... I'm a little confused !!

My descriptions aren't very useful it seems. It's quite difficult for me to manage english language.

Let's forget about the cooking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    All I can tell about your friend is that she's Te Valuer. Not sure which, I'd be interested in what do you mean by "highly intellectual" and if possible, some examples of what (or what kind of things) you found out from her?
    "highly intellectual" means it's the alpha and omega of her world.
    Although she always tries to convince everyone she's kind, tolerant, has high moral values, etc. somehow, you end up like
    She is kind (more than I'd expected) but doesn't know how to create amiable atmosphere. However, she can raise an argument like noone else...
    On the other hand, she just doesn't need to convince anyone about her intellectual skills. She knows stuff. A huuuuuge amount of it. She's always mentally proactive : looks for data and stores for future, takes interest on new technologies and how relevant they are.

What I've found from her :
    we are lucky to be french, we are lucky to have the Louvre, we are lucky we both adore this museum and I am lucky my friend knows so much...
    While walking through archeology sections, she would go into detailed info about history, civilisation, a particular craft... anything. That's pleasant !!

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Sounds more SLE then LSE even SLI don't forget what is demonstrated may not be the actual person and don't forget that this analysis is through your perception and may not reflect the actual psych of the individual. A lot of people like to cook and are aesthetic, mostly all S types, so typing based on this is not good.

So, pretty much. There's very limited information here to type on.
    I'm glad you've put it in the forefront.
    I've intentionally limited the information here. I could have said much more, but it would have been pure speculation. I want to stick with what anyone could observe, not my own deductions.
    Given a situation, people see it through different perspectives. All they can agree upon is plain facts. Thus, I gave you anecdotes, hoping they would be revealing of their type. I fear it's not enough !

They hate when people are too enthousiast about something : they would keep telling everyone how great the thing is (let's say, a nice restaurant would become THE place to go). Then friends would go to said restaurant. Then feel disappointed because reality doesn't fit the drama. Then resent friend for it. In their opinion, it's far better to minimize and let someone discover for onself.
    I remember having 8 eyes searching for my agreement at that point. Which I didn't give anyway.

I would have thought Fe valuing people would like the fuss ??
    I quote myself
    It's not very clear so I'll rephrase it : they don't like it when someone gets overboard about sth. They prefer to keep it down so they're not deceived. All 4 of them.

Another anecdote :
    I've been robbed of my handbag while on a trip with my friend. Fortunately, it was on our way back.
    Dear friend ringed her house.
    Mother took the matter in her hands immediately. She called the bank services, and had my credit card desactivated.
    Once at home... I was completely astonished : she had prepared a new handbag stuffed with a notepad, a pen, a wallet with money in it, and a packet of tissues (!!)
    More : on the notepad, she had written all the phone numbers I would need to call (bank, police, her own), file reference numbers, and a detailed step by step way to go.
    There was only necessary and sufficient stuff for me to move ahead.

This has led me to the conclusion that the mother may be LSE. What bothers me in this theory, is that she makes a show of welcoming feelings every time I'm here.

On father : I need to collect more data. He strikes me as a Ne-valuing type though. SEI, LII, IEE, SLI would indeed be safe bets.
    On brother : aside from facts, I really think he's a ST. He's very aware of his physical surroundings, keeps his desk net and organized, tease his sister for being scattered.
    Like every ST, he is somewhat cautious around me. Like I'm not from the same planet

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post

Quote:

LII?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Welcome You seem to value Ti; you seem to be either EII or LII . Point it out if we are wrong, please.
    Well... I'm not a T-type.
    EII, I've been typed as such before.
    What I'm looking for is improvement of my relationships. I've learnt a great deal about communication from my supervisor SEE and STs.
    I like the challenge of S-types it gets me out of my old ways.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"highly intellectual" means it's the alpha and omega of her world.
    Although she always tries to convince everyone she's kind, tolerant, has high moral values, etc. somehow, you end up like
    She is kind (more than I'd expected) but doesn't know how to create amiable atmosphere. However, she can raise an argument like noone else...
    On the other hand, she just doesn't need to convince anyone about her intellectual skills. She knows stuff. A huuuuuge amount of it. She's always mentally proactive : looks for data and stores for future, takes interest on new technologies and how relevant they are.

What I've found from her :
    we are lucky to be french, we are lucky to have the Louvre, we are lucky we both adore this museum and I am lucky my friend knows so much...
    While walking through archeology sections, she would go into detailed info about history, civilisation, a particular craft... anything. That's pleasant !!
    Did you try IEE? Reminds me of my father, btw - a walking encyclopedia, facts from everything from history, geography, science, anything; however, he's too obsolete now in order to label him as a "technology guy", but he used to create a lot of electronic devices and all sort of things when he was younger (eg once had some class disks to make a telescope), so maybe that was the case in the '80s - hmm I remember the smell of sulphuric acid .

What doesn't look like LIE is that she seems to talk to much and without a point, a purpose or a practical context, just sharing information with you. LIEs talk very little most of the time (apart storytelling or debating at parties or other recreational occasions, rarely changing topics), not at all inclined to chit-chat otherwise.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaah, my friend doesn't look like a LIE ! I was wrooong !!
    I think I need to go back into my vegetative state
    However, from what I've been sponging from them (it's entirely subjective) :

- friend is in urgent need of Sensing food, Si or Se. When on a trip together, we sometimes are a sore sight...
    - mother + me = She can blurt anything out, I just get all fizzy friendly. She levels up my energy, plus we have a great timing together. We play in the same team.
    - father and I speak the same language.
    - brother and I talk opposite languages (hence the ST conclusion, it feels like wishing a stone could talk sometimes). Here is one who is not in need of any Se or Si. Definitely.

Okay, so here is how this family's been typed
    (I'll rule some of them out, like... friend is very unlikely a F-Type, mother is not an introvert, brother is not an intuitive)

friend : ILE, SEE, SLE, IEE, not LIE
    mother : ESE, ESI, LSE, SEE
    father : SEI, SLI, ILI
    brother : LSE, SLE, SLI, LII, LIE, ILE

Now I'll carry my lists, and be prepared to check boxes behind their backs

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... so after this thread, you decided she's most likely Ti-creative?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't decided anything yet !
    I'm browsing the forum to find descriptions of Ti creative and/or stuff on Fi/Fe PolR.
    And I'm waiting for them to come back from their holidays ! Lucky them.

To be honest, I'm making no progress in socionics. I kind of regress actually : following a weird exchange on the forum, I am reconsidering my own type
    There is much going on, I don't have time to study something else than my current cursus... but it's no big deal. I have fine relationships even if I don't know why, socionically speaking. I am just curious by nature.