Thread: A Strong Sense of How Things "Should" Be

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Strong Sense of How Things "Should" Be

What do you think? Rationality? Fi? Something else?

Specifically, I am thinking of people who believe, "People should _________" or "People shouldn't _________". It could be internal or voiced. Also, is the willingness to voice this opinion (and when/where they do so) type-related?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Creative intuition>Accepting intuition>Sensing ???
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am kind of the opposite of this. Whenever I give such opinions, I'm being completely arbitrary and I don't really believe what I'm saying, unless it's an emergency situation.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do get a strong sense of what is right or wrong at times, what someone should or shouldn't do, especially in some kind of relationship setting. I don't force my views on anybody, am careful of my "place", but if I have a certain level of trust with someone then it all comes out.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have a strong sense of how things should be.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te+Fi?
    Ti+Ne?

Creepy-male

Hmm sounds like the Freudian superego. I'm not sure how this translates into jungian functions or how it translates into socionics. I've always been curious if it relates to people's superego block, as in, people are insecure about their these functions so they develop "policies" in these areas to help them cope with life. In which case people's "shoulds" would be different for each type.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, LSEs always do. I'm more likely to have a sense of something being right or wrong by examining it after the fact, but I have a comparatively weak/narrow sense of how things should be done, i.e., I only have a few things that I think are imperative. And then of course in professional fields there's a base level of right and wrong (some sentences are just poorly written), but then past that basic level, it's completely about choice and opinion.

Personally, I think it is LSEs and LSIs most of all, but also EIIs and sometimes Fe-leading types.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    What do you think? Rationality? Fi? Something else?

Specifically, I am thinking of people who believe, "People should _________" or "People shouldn't _________". It could be internal or voiced. Also, is the willingness to voice this opinion (and when/where they do so) type-related?
    Potentially Fi? I don't know, it's a hard call.

Personally, it's a very attractive judgement to make, at least until you realize that sort of thinking rarely solves the problem. I wonder if Te will take an ought/ought-not situation and turn it into a more practical, effective is/is-not.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 1, MBTI Si and Ni. Socionics... idfk, Se-creative?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to WikiSocion, positivist rationals (ESE, LSI, LIE, EII) focus on what things "should be" while negativist rationals (LII, EIE, ESI, LSE) emphasize what they "shouldn't be." Of course, the theoretical solidity of Reinin dichotomies is still up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    Hmm sounds like the Freudian superego. I'm not sure how this translates into jungian functions or how it translates into socionics. I've always been curious if it relates to people's superego block, as in, people are insecure about their these functions so they develop "policies" in these areas to help them cope with life. In which case people's "shoulds" would be different for each type.
    Interesting. I was actually just thinking about the relationship between the Freudian ego/id/superego and the blocks in model A with the same names. The intersection isn't exact, but there's definitely a correspondence between the ego/id/superego in Freud vs. model A. Take the superego, which seems to be characterized by a repressive internalization of external standards and evaluations in both systems.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All writers have it. Compassionate, intellectual, independent, and healthy socially well-adjusted humans have this. People who grow up being emotionally abused (beyond repair, no support network), or just psychopaths and people born with genetic defects that naturally eliminate them from any sense of social responsibility....don't have this thing.

After all, how things 'are' aren't necessarily how they 'should be' otherwise, we still wouldn't allow women to vote, we still would have all sorts of fucked up social problems, with hate in our heart. (we still have these issues, though progress is only natural)

You know what I don't like about this place. Is you are accusing other people of somehow being 'sick' and socially mal-adjusted, when I'm not sure I agree with that. (Maybe a few individuals but I think they are more emo angry at the world then anything truly sociopathic) A strong sense of how things should be isn't socionics related. It has nothing to do with it. most normal humans have a strong sense of how things should be. it's just we don't really agree on what that is. Only humans operating at our very 'base' levels (murder, rape, pure antisocial behaviors) wouldn't ever idealize, wouldn't ever look out the window like a misty fag at how to make the world a better place, truly.

You're just all upset because your fag feelings were stomped over your entire lives, and you can't admit it because you think that it makes you weaker. That's not me projecting, btw. That's me seeing right through you. It's not really any one person's fault. It's just that the public school system brings out the worst in everybody in general. If it didn't exist, and from birth we treated people correctly instead of puppets we have to control out of fear and ignorance and all the darker parts of men..... then we'd have a much better world. Systems are part of the problem. They are not part of the solution.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Seems like a "j" thing.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the definition I heard for rationality. Seems like a confusion/argument I'd get into with someone, like they're trying to make a point but don't have evidence, because its not really there just in their mind/ideal.

I guess that's why duality is good with J-J and P-P, because there's not that major communication problem. Irrationals strive to accurately communicate what is (aka perception), rationals strive to successfully communicate on the topic of what should be.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a sense of how things should be, but I have no clue as to how I would go about implementing my plans.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Seems like a "j" thing.
    I'm inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I have a sense of how things should be, but I have no clue as to how I would go about implementing my plans.
    That's often the case with me as well.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rational information, or . and are the "should" functions. is shoulds in the context of interpersonal relations and feelings, is shoulds in the context of obligations or fulfilling a role. I don't think EJ types are generally likely to have as strong a sense of should as IJ types. If they do it's still related to or .

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a strong sense of how certain things should be, sure. But it's more of a form of an idealism and striving to grow and improve, both as an individual and as an influential node in society.

Rationals might be more inclined to want to expose, and impose their believes and judgement.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really just want to be left alone. Otherwise, I don't care what society does.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is usually described as being related to rationality, as others have said.