User Tag List

Thread: hello

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Default hello

Titles aren't my strong point, and I don't care for them to be.

I have been typed as an ILE, and I agree. So there is, I suppose, a consensus on the matter. Just feels odd, definitively knowing my type. It more has to do with self-doubt and uncertainty. Though I trust the person who typed me and though it makes sense, I don't know enough about the whole system for self-validation.

I started out on MBTI, about a year ago? (I am not sure, I am terrible at estimating time flow) While studying it somewhat (my interest in typology was really off-and-on at that point in time), I had received and read comments about how it was inaccurate and vague, and, though I looked at it somewhat warily from that point on, I still continued to research it. After being introduced to Socionics and learning a bit (not much, probably), I mostly dropped MBTI (about 1-2 weeks ago?). Even though my understanding of MBTI was rudimentary at best (though still better than people who take the test, read the decsriptions, and never look at it again), I moved over to Socionics primarily because it makes more sense, has a more reasonable foundation, and has what I consider a fair body of evidence for it, at least for a theoretical system. It was the logical consistency of it which tipped me over.

I am 18, with major interests in science, math, and philosophy, and intermittent to minor interests in almost every other field of academia. Frivolous, everyday tasks bore me.

I was once an avid player of video games, but now I spend (or waste, should I say) most of my time on the internet not doing the things I should be doing (homework, primarily). Occasionally one of my friends will introduce to some new video game and I will have fun with that for a few months (also time-wasting) and then go back to wasting my time on the internet. Perhaps not all of that time is wasted, though.

I also love music and play guitar and drums.

That is all.
    Last edited by nil; 01-12-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

hi

Creepy-Snaps

Sounds like a pretty typical guy to me!

Nice introductory post. Looking forward to more posts from ya.

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hello

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Wow, I wasn't finished with the second paragraph when I submitted. It must have been so confusing that it just ended with "Though I trust the person who typed me and though".

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sup.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.