Thread: Draco

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Draco

I think you all know about the ancient athenian lawgiver Draco who was known for making extremely strict laws and punishments if they were broken. People said his rules were 'written in blood'. But in fact, he wanted to reduce the blood vengeance and exaggerated punishments executed by the victims themselves which often were much worse. He also gave the court the full control over the trial and the judgement and made vigilantism illegal. In the historic context, his laws weren't even very strict, he only wrote down the typical penalties for the given crimes. Still, we see him as a negative or even murderous character in history. Of course, he also can't be seen as a throughout positive character, I just wanted to say his work also had some merit because it was a step forward to our modern jurisdiction. Unfortunately, not very much is know about him.

also interesting, what was said about him:
    It is said that Drakon himself, when asked why he had fixed the punishment of death for most offences, answered that he considered these lesser crimes to deserve it, and he had no greater punishment for more important ones.
    He reduced the chaos in law and forged a general system which all should adhere to. His punishments were severe, but not arbitrary. They were 'logical'. I'm quite sure he is a thinking type and probably Ti leading.
    Any opinions? And which types are most likely to promote this style of law (in a moderated way of course)?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, so this is where "draconic laws" comes from. I heard of him but never exactly knew who he was. Sounds like Ti, yes.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I found a pic of Draco for VI purposes.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    I found a pic of Draco for VI purposes.
    People who make fun of Draco will be executed. Simple and fair.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer