Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Type this guild app

  1. #1
    Creepy-male

    Default Type this guild app.

    Why did you choose your primary and secondary spec?
    My primary spec is resto. I've always been interested in healing. It's an interesting challenge and the part of the game I have the most experience with.

    My secondary spec is feral. This is primarily for PvP, but I do collect PvE pieces for it and am quite willing to hold it as a DPS off-spec for raiding. I enjoy the way Feral DPS works. I don't consider myself a tank, and it's something I have minimal experience with.

    Previous Guilds
    Various. Only significant raiding guild was Militant Platypus.

    What is your previous Raiding Experience?
    Raided all through the ICC lifecycle. Got up to Putricide, but could never consistently kill him.

    What you have to offer the guild?
    Fairly experienced and reasonably skilled. Much potential for improvement with more raid experience. Still need adjusting to the raiding environment after heroics and the druid overhauls. I'm a extremely fast learner, but I do need the opportunity to experience things and grasp them.

    What you expect from the guild?
    Consistently seeing raids, organised and solid runs, people who pull their weight and take their characters seriously; but within reason, it's still only a game. There's a sweet spot of not taking things too seriously but treating difficult encounters with due respect.

    Summary of your background and interests
    I've been playing WoW on-and-off since before the BT patch, but I only really hit endgame some time before ICC was patched in. I started raiding in earnest just before the buffs came out.

    I'm primarily interested in music and wikis. Wikis on everything and anything. I'm also obviously interested in WoW, or I wouldn't be playing

    Beyond the above, I don't really have much else to say.

    What add-on modules do you use?
    At the moment, I only bring DBM and recount to raids. I'm willing to look at other addons if needed.

    What days and times are you typically available?
    There's no time that I'm typically available unless I know ahead of time and can prepare an alarm + energy drinks. I don't have any kind of sleep patterns.

    What do you do to prepare for a raid, and why do you think you deserve a raid position?
    The basics: I read up and learn about encounters, checking videos where available, I bring flasks and potions, and am willing to mix them up for other raiders as well.

    I think I deserve a raid position because I'm good at what I do, take pride in it, and can only get better. A heal spot with a Treeage in it is not a wasted heal spot.

    An explanation of how you approach your character and what you feel is important to focus on.

    Head on At the moment with the Druid healing overhaul, I'm having to redevelop my strategies. For instance, heroics on Day #1 were an ordeal and a half, but after that I developed the skills and strategy to react appropriately to each trash and boss pull. The next step beyond that is developing a strategy for each encounter that works ahead of time rather than just reacting moment-to-moment. The exact same learning curve is in effect for raiding.

    In other words, I don't think there's any particular "thing" to focus on with a healer, it's a complex cohesive whole. The foundation is knowing which buttons to hit and when, but you build on this by experiencing the content in person.

    I'm a compulsive thinker, as well, so after a night's raiding I will go off and reflect and digest for as long as there are things to think about. There's no time limit on this.

    So, in summary, I have a threefold approach:
    1) Knowing my toolbox. When are my spells called for, in general?
    2) Experience the content. Learn in specific what grisly things the encounters do to the raid.
    3) Reflect on the content. Fine-tune my technique and strategy.

    How well do you handle criticism?
    I expect it. I view healing like a craft and expect to develop my skills. Criticism helps this, as I am by no stretch of the imagination omniscient and can miss things or make mistakes without realising it.

    Describe your role in a raid; and go into detail. This is meant to demonstrate to us that you know your class.
    I'm not entirely qualified to comment, having had minimal raid experience, but from reading around:

    I'm a tank healer. My main role is keeping the tank (or tanks) stable through being walloped. I do this by stacking my two main HoTs up and spamming either my spam heal or my nuke heal, based on incoming damage. I have a weak AoE heal on cooldown, and I get a stream of free casts through a talent, which can be used either to throw on the tank or to heal the raid.

    Raid-healing is currently very clunky as a druid. My options are using expensive HoTs to soften damage and to bolster my main spam-heal (due to its being at 80% power without a hot down on the target). Its doable and workable, but as far as I've read, not optimal in the least. I would like some personal numbers before committing to this as an accurate assessment, however.

    How do you feel about sitting out when raid composition demands it?
    This is perfectly acceptable. Being a Druid, you learn to accept you can be dead weight if the encounter is not designed in a friendly way.

    --

    If you're having difficulty with some of the WoW language, I'll be happy to explain it

    I'm definitely curious if you can pin any elements or a type on this.

  2. #2
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Merry Extrovert Irrational. IMO ILE but possibly SLE, too. Nothing else would be justified, IMO - possibly some other kind of extrovert, but very unlikely.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  3. #3
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Merry Extrovert Irrational. IMO ILE but possibly SLE, too. Nothing else would be justified, IMO - possibly some other kind of extrovert, but very unlikely.
    Cool Why do you think so?

  4. #4
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Why do you think so?
    Why would I spend my time to explain? I think that a breakdown will take me a lot of time and I don't see its usefulness, as for example, he is Extroverted for approximately the same reasons why you're Extroverted, but at the same time you claim that you're Introverted. So what's the point?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  5. #5
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Well, as a side-goal, it would help shed some light on your thought processes. I only really see Logic in that passage, owing to how focused he is on his competency, but you say you see clear extraversion?

    Where/how?

  6. #6
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Well, as a side-goal, it would help shed some light on your thought processes. I only really see Logic in that passage, owing to how focused he is on his competency, but you say you see clear extraversion?

    Where/how?
    Because only Merry Extroverted types could IMO have that reasoning, one-by-one. For the record, I'm not using the Jungian dichotomies - and I think it's bullshit to type based on them - so when I say that it's an Extroverted type it means that this is where I narrowed-down it (as in types), not that I typed based on a split. Actual traits don't come from exclusively one dichotomy partition.

    I basically think that he's a Merry Extrovert because it seems that all his plans are based on "we'll see when the time comes", nothing is calculated but is expected to emerge from the circumstances. Hints:
    - insists too much on experience and restricts everything to what happened to him/her, what he actually saw/will see (Extroverted, primarily Bodies); he can't state what he can or can't do, but what he managed so far, nothing needs to be first assimilated internally, to make "part of something". This is also a hint into Ne/Si valuing, IMO, especially since he does not compare himself to others, to the average, or something.
    - related to the above, Bodies: "I have the most experience with", "I do need the opportunity to experience things", "checking videos where available", "Knowing my toolbox", "Reflect on the content", "Raid-healing is currently very clunky"
    - "I'm a extremely fast learner, but I do need the opportunity to experience things and grasp them" - so basically he is a fast learned but he still learns all the time, nothing he already "learned" doesn't seem to be currently used . I think we can agree that he's a chronic kinesthetic learner. For this, one needs to be first of all Merry, then Extroverted (so narrowed down to XLE and EXE), then preferably Irrational and likely Judicious - but about these last things I'm not totally sure.
    - there are no emergent rules from what he does, no trend and no how-to. IMO he totally devalues Te. Nothing he learned seems to apply to what he will do, but the way you develop a skill of figuring things out in place.

    Is this sufficient? I really don't want to get into examples, all my observations about these types/groups, that's too much.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  7. #7
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So you didn't say who this guy is. You or Isotope? Or you've got 3+ healers in that guild?...
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  8. #8
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    So you didn't say who this guy is. You or Isotope? Or you've got 3+ healers in that guild?...
    Isotope isn't in the guild, and we have new healer applications coming in all the time.

    I gotta watch my ass man! I'm technically not even a bona fide raider yet

  9. #9
    jughead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I say ILE or SEI. Why not just interview the person? Is it your own?But typing from a guild application seems foolish.

  10. #10
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    I say ILE or SEI. Why not just interview the person? Is it your own?But typing from a guild application seems foolish.
    It's just a random pointless exercise in curiosity too see if there's anything sufficiently typable in the material provided.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •