Thread: Oldham quadra-fix

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oldham quadra-fix

Oldham seems pretty cool, but I don't like that it's an archetype-based system. I like my type systems articulated and permutative -- the more moving parts it has the better (which is why I use multiple systems in tandem). So I devised a system of declining identification to each of Oldham's four temperaments, kinda like the Enneagram trifix. For reference, the temperaments:

Idealist
    Conscientious
    Sensitive
    Vigilant
    Dramatic

Rationalist
    Aggressive
    Idiosyncratic
    Inventive
    Solitary

Traditionalist
    Leisurely
    Serious
    Self-Sacrificing
    Devoted

Hedonist
    Self-Confident
    Adventurous
    Mercurial
    Exuberant

http://ptypes.com/
    http://webspace.webring.com/people/c...oldham.htm#LEI

My fix: Inventive > Self-Confident > Leisurely > Dramatic.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self-Confident > Dramatic > Idiosyncratic > Devoted
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

Creepy-male

"I decided that you can fit each of the temperaments' Oldham styles into a hierarchy" = "I devised a system"

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so I didn't devise a system. Still fun though.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Ok, so I didn't devise a system. Sue me.
    I MIGHT JUST DO THAT.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw you didn't respond to my last wall post.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

idk enough about either system to know how well this matches up, but i find it interesting that my 4 highest oldham scores are all in a separate category.

devoted/sensitive/idiosyncratic/mercurial

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious
    Inventive
    Conscientious
    Exuberant

Order TBD.

i find it interesting that my 4 highest oldham scores are all in a separate category.
    Mine, too!
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know sparse little of Oldham, but I guess Vigilant > Serious > Mercurial > Idiosyncratic, although none of the Rationalist types fit me well at all.
    Last edited by Galen; 01-07-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensitive > Inventive > Self-Sacrificing > Mercurial (...or something.)

I like this, Aleksei.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Idealist
    Conscientious -- High
    Sensitive -- moderate-high
    Vigilant -- High
    Dramatic -- low-moderate

Rationalist
    Aggressive -- very low
    Idiosyncratic -- moderate-high
    Inventive -- moderate-high
    Solitary -- high

Traditionalist
    Leisurely -- moderate
    Serious -- moderate--high
    Self-Sacrificing -- low
    Devoted -- low

Hedonist
    Self-Confident -- low-moderate
    Adventurous -- low
    Mercurial -- low
    Exuberant -- wtf??? I suppose low

Going by that, hedonist temperament can be safely ruled out. I'm probably an idealist with rationalist a close second.

Sounds like someone is trying too hard to stretch things to make each oldham type correlate to an MBTI type. Doesn't work. They are two completely different systems. Leisurely correlates with SJ traditionalism? Don't think so.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP