User Tag List

Thread: Greetings

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Greetings

Hi, I'm an ENTJ from Bosnia. I've been registered to many MBTI forums and have a lot of experience with MBTI. I'm bored and procrastinating (yeah ENTJs can procrastinate too) so I joined to see what's going on here.

Looking forward to reading all of your posts.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. I hope you have fun here.
    Do you know your socionics type yet? It's not necessarily the same letter order as it is in MBTI.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually no, I never gave Socionics too much attention. I'm supposed to be ENTp right? Can you give me a link to a good test?

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No usually there is less j/p switch for extroverts between both systems, so you could be ENTj. Unfortunately the differences between the two systems are really hard to describe in a quick way, so most people here will tell you it's best to start socionics from scratch, stick to the 3 letters codes to avoid further confusion etc

Welcome here anyway!
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

C. G. Jung

-----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion: Ignore j/p switches or any other convoluted explanation about how the two systems are similar or different or correlational. Just try to find your Socionics type independent of MBTI.

So basically, what KeroZen said: Start from scratch.

ENTJs are usually ESTp (SLE) rather than ENTp (ILE), though ENTJ ILEs are not unheard-of (Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins and Freud spring to mind). I'm an ENFP SLE.

Oh, and welcome! hope you have some fun here.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov