2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Frost/Nixon

David Frost: EIE-Fe, 3w2 so/sx (ENFJ)
    John Birt: LSI-Ti, 6w5 so/sp (ISFJ)
    Bob Zelnick: IEI-Te, 3w4 sp/sx (INTJ)
    James Reston: SEE-Fe, 1w2 so/sx (ESFP)
    Caroline Cushing: IEI-Fe, 2w3 sx/so (INFP)
    Tricky Dick: ESI-Fe, 3w4 sp/sx (ISTJ)
    Jack Brennan: SEE-Ti, 6w5 so/sx (ISFJ)
    Swifty Lazar: LIE-Te, 8w9 sp/so (ESTJ)

Nixon's portrayal was fairly accurate type-wise, save for Enneagram. Real Nixon was ESI-Se INTJ 4w3 sx/sp, but very few people associate Nixon's image with sappy romanticism/emotionality. Frost on the other hand is SEI, but he got a slight awesomeness upgrade to Beta, so that Michael Sheen (who seems incapable of playing anything but EIE clowns) could play him.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 01-05-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In the seconds before I opened this thread, I had churned up the possibilities of LIE and EIE for Frost - although I haven't thought about it more.

Ah. I haven't seen the actual film.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People may ask, "of the limited selection of movies you have seen, why are most so bad?"

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    People may ask, "of the limited selection of movies you have seen, why are most so bad?"
    Fuck you my movie picks are awesome.

The only two shitty movies I've listed out on here are Troy and Juno.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov