Thread: Type a pastor!

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type a pastor!

Wanted to know what you'd type this guy as.

These videos aren't too great or interesting, but they'd probably be better than if I tried to simply describe him to you. I'd be happy to if needed though, I've sat through plenty of his sermons.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Never watched the videos, but seen his face + he's a preacher so maybe ENFj

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE by default lol.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. That's kind of why I asked. For a pastor I don't really get a Fe vibe from him. He seems to push himself with it and would rather give them solutions or explain things to people. Maybe I'm crazy, but usually EIEs piss me off.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, he's on a podium and he's like, talking and stuff. So he must be EIE. There's no other option.

In all seriousness, I think he's a Gamma rational, probably LIE. He seems rather .
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, alright. Thanks.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    Dude, he's on a podium and he's like, talking and stuff. So he must be EIE. There's no other option.

In all seriousness, I think he's a Gamma rational, probably LIE. He seems rather .
    I feel like this is a lot more accurate, but perhaps I'm brainwashed.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all pastors are EIE. The pastor of the church my high school is affiliated with is the delta-iest delta that has ever delta'd.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked what he said in the last video about embracing the unknown through determinism/belief in God.

The first video has him displaying some Te/Fi, I think. It seems he's big on words and meanings instead of surface acts. He's talking about addressing the problem of kids actively opting against Christianity as a religion and not just the obligations of churchgoing. It sounds like compassion because he really cares about what these kids have to say - their explanations.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I liked what he said in the last video about embracing the unknown through determinism/belief in God.

The first video has him displaying some Te/Fi, I think. It seems he's big on words and meanings instead of surface acts. He's talking about addressing the problem of kids actively opting against Christianity as a religion and not just the obligations of churchgoing. It sounds like compassion because he really cares about what these kids have to say - their explanations.
    Those aren't particularly good reasons to consider someone Te/Fi vs. Ti/Fe, I don't think. I mean, I see what you're getting at, but I don't think it's correct to imply that Ti/Fe people are concerned with "surface acts" rather than "words and meanings." Shelley was quite concerned with "words and meanings" and he's obviously beta. Both Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr. are commonly typed as betas and I don't think that they pursued mere surface acts. Also, to imply that non Fi-egos lack compassion is simply untrue... they just approach compassion from a different standpoint, as in: Fe--I can sense the emotional dynamics going on in this person; Ti--I have a universal obligation to help people with this set emotional dynamics in the following ways... still a compassionate response, still motivated by recognizing suffering in others. You can argue on a deeper level that the "universal obligation" is my universal obligation, and as such does not represent a complete connection between the giver and the recipient of compassion as Fi might, but that's a much deeper argument than the one you seemed to be making above. Sorry if I seem like I'm preaching (lol), but I thought I could see a way in which this was taking an unnecessary focus on behavior, and how that might be distinguished from a slightly more nuanced approach.

Now, all that said, after watching those videos, what is immediately obvious is that the pastor is NOT any kind of EIE. Like, no way whatsoever. LIE is quite a good suggestion, in my opinion, and he does seem like he is focused more on a Fi interpersonal obligation than a Ti deduced-from-first-principles obligation. Obviously, a few video clips is not a great way to figure out who a person really is, but from this observation I would definitely look at LIE first, followed by other logical types before I considered any ethical ones. I was going to say except perhaps EII, but no, he doesn't come off EII either.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry. I can't see ENFj. Maybe ENTj??