Thread: what types tend to like this sort of thing?

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what types tend to like this sort of thing?

I got this Design Coloring Book for Christmas and have been loving it! I'm photocopying the pictures so I can color them more than once...

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CGoQ8gIwBQ#

I've been asking for a coloring book for years and finally got one from my wonderful sister-in-law
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That is a good-looking coloring books. Copying pages doesn't sound like a bad idea. If you're using the pictures for decoration, that is. If they're just lying around the house, what's the point?

Do you stay inside the lines?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never liked those books when I had them as a child. I preferred to draw freely and I also didn't like it if I got outside of the fields and crossed the lines because this always looked bad and messy.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I never cared for typical coloring books with people and animals and characters, but I enjoyed coloring patterns. That's the kind she has.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, okay I see. That's a difference, you're right. These abstract ones are better than the other books since you can relax well while you do it. I guess it's actually even used as some kind of meditation technique.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhhh! I don't get that. Sounds like a Te-relaxation task to me. Would be enjoyed especially by Te-dualseekers. That's my guess. Maybe I don't get the idea but it sounds repulsive to me. Like, deep in my gut, I'm not even putting this on 'cause I think I'm Te-polr, like yuck. Why would you want to spend hours coloring abstract patterns? This is like Levin enjoying cutting the grass.

Can you describe for me what it's like when you're doing the coloring books? Or maybe what you enjoy about them?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to love them when I was a kid, and I get them for my daughter and sometimes we do them together. Love it. Very relaxing, like walking a labyrinth.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ever color an Irish knot? They offer great possibilities for shading and volor variation and wind up quite pretty in the end.

Personally, what I color most often are cats. It's complicated.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    ahhhh! I don't get that. Sounds like a Te-relaxation task to me. Would be enjoyed especially by Te-dualseekers. That's my guess. Maybe I don't get the idea but it sounds repulsive to me. Like, deep in my gut, I'm not even putting this on 'cause I think I'm Te-polr, like yuck. Why would you want to spend hours coloring abstract patterns? This is like Levin enjoying cutting the grass.

Can you describe for me what it's like when you're doing the coloring books? Or maybe what you enjoy about them?
    My first thought was "no, that's wrong!" but I guess it isn't this simple.

I personally don't like colouring books because I was never good at colouring precisely and didn't have the patience to finish it, either. Nor do I think a task like this, requiring constant attention on the physical activity, relaxing at all. That being said, I observed some IEIs and SEIs enjoy doing mandala-like stuff, and although it allows manipulating the end effect with more than just colour (as Abbie described), the activity still seems more similar than not.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post

Okay. It's relaxing, mentally. It's murder on my hand, so I can't sit there and color for too long in one sitting. But, mentally, it's very calming. It's an activity that requires just enough concentration (staying in the lines, deciding which colors to use) to keep my mind from wandering. The only other activity that does this for me is exercise like running, or hiking, or jumping rope, etc. But sometimes, I'm just too tired to exercise but my mind still needs the rest, yk? Or, like right now when it's cold and snowing outside, it's hard to get out and jog around the block-- especially with two small children.

Plus, I just really enjoy the end result: the swirls of colors, the intricate patterns...it's all very pleasing, somehow.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Ever color an Irish knot? .
    "Knot" yet...yuk yuk.

Seriously, though. No, I haven't. But, I'd like to
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks really interesting. I'm not good at drawing so I think it would nice to just have something to color. Seems very relaxing.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want one of those books!
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP