Thread: Detailed personality specs

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Detailed personality specs.

So, I've taken the Jung + enneagram survey on similarminds.com, and these were my full results:

INFp
    enneagram type 9 (highest score)
    so/sp/sx

Can anyone help me interpret just what all of this means? Just about everybody here seems to know this stuff inside and out.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hmm, i'm not the biggest authority here on any of this, but it sounds like you're just coming into it? so a brief overview:

it looks like the jung test probably gave you an MBTI score, in which case INFP would mean Fi + Ne. as far as socionics goes, its a different system. (but you may want to consider EII or IEI as those types seem to most commonly correlate with INFP in MBTI, and e9 fits well with them.)

enneagram type has to do with unconscious orientations and coping strategies that influence behavior. the so/sp/sx indicates instinct stacking. information on enneagram can be found here:

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142857369/

all this said, i wouldn't reply on tests too much, but they can give you a good starting point for further exploration.

if you are feeling confident about being INFp and e9, etc., and were looking for someone to describe those types to you and tell you what they mean...i'll leave that to someone else, heh.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    hmm, i'm not the biggest authority here on any of this, but it sounds like you're just coming into it? so a brief overview:

it looks like the jung test probably gave you an MBTI score, in which case INFP would mean Fi + Ne. as far as socionics goes, its a different system. (but you may want to consider EII or IEI as those types seem to most commonly correlate with INFP in MBTI, and e9 fits well with them.)
    Or IEE.

I always get INFP/J on those tests.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Or IEE.

I always get INFP/J on those tests.
    I forgot to mention that I've taken the socionics word association test a few times, and my results were consistently INFp. I think it's confirmed that I'm an INFp in socionics terms. I understand the P/J confusion, but I'm confident in what my own type is. What I am confused about is how that connects with the number 9 on the enneagram, and these social variants (so/sp/sx). If anyone could enlighten me on that, that would be helpful.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! I'm not much of an enneagram person, so I can't give you much advice in that area, but I can attempt to give a little bit of guidance in the socionics/MBTI area.

First of all, as laghlagh mentioned, your INFP typing probably comes from MBTI (people tend to capitalize the final P in INFP to signify that it refers to MBTI typing, whereas people will use IEI or INFp to refer to socionics). As such, it has a relatively weak correlation to your socionics type. While aspects of your MBTI typing are probably correct, your socionics type has a good chance of being one of several types loosely connected to the MBTI type. So, for starters, you might want to read descriptions from any source you can find (wikisocion is popular) of EII (INFj), IEI (INFp) and IEE (ENFp) for starters. See if any of those feel like they fit you. Then, to really improve your understanding, you will probably want to start thinking about the information elements. If I were you, I would start with wikisocion descriptions and then for further clarification/understanding search for threads relating to a certain IE or a certain IE/function pairing (i.e., Ni-creative, Si-dual seeking, Te-polr), and just search for IE explanations that make sense to you (as a side note, the ones that make the most sense to you are likely to be from writers in your quadra or who have your valued elements in their ego---so, if you're INFp, then they will have Ti, Ni, Se, or Fe in their ego. I've found that valued "abstract" elements are generally most helpful for understanding socionics, so INFps will be most helped by posters with Ti or Ni in their ego, while INFjs will be most helped by posters with Ne or Te in their ego. Not that this is a hard and fast rule, just a thought.)

Anyway, once you've done a little bit of snooping on your own, start posting threads with specific questions about specific functions, IEs, comparing and contrasting, etc. That will help you determine your socionics type, and begin to use socionics to help you understand yourself and others better.

Um... sorry about that block of text, and sorry that I didn't *really* tell you what the results "meant." It's just that it's hard to explain it directly; you kinda need to have some background knowledge and then asks questions from there. How much do you know about socionics already?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.