not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEE's: recognizing your Identicals irl

How do you do it? It's my understanding that recognizing one's Identical can actually be kind of tricky. Those of you who know other IEE's irl, was it hard or easy for you to recognize each other? And what stood out most? And how positive are you that they are really your Identicals?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i've also found it to be a little challenging for a couple reasons:

1. It's hard to know how you look to outsiders. You know yourself from the inside. That's why it was difficult for me to recognize myself in IEE descriptions other than the one written by an IEE himself.

2. If there is something you dont like about the person or if for whatever reason you dont get along that well, it's easy to think "there is absolutely NO way that person is my identical".

However some people are just very clear cut. I've identified an IEE boss on the spot, like 10 minutes into a presentation he was giving, the first time i met him. His presentation style and things he said reminded me very much of my own (in the bad ways as well as good) and he very much VI'd Fi-IEE (at least the "look" that i'm familiar with).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if I ever knew any growing up, other than a family member who is one. We have the same strengths and weaknesses, but to varying degrees, and whether or not we share any opinions seems to be dictated more by background and education than anything else.
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's gotten much easier over the years. Some guy ENFps put up a front and try to look like ESTps, but after you talk with them a few times, they drop that act and it becomes pretty obvious.

I've for some reason attracted a lot of ENFp clients in my work, and 9 times out of 10, I end up working with ENFps. But I like working w/ my identical, so that's cool.

I sometimes forget than I'm as outgoing as other ENFps, but some are more so than others. My friend's bf is an ENFp and he is more zany/out-there than I am, but we're probably equally talkative, though I think of myself as quieter than I actually am.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    It's gotten much easier over the years. Some guy ENFps put up a front and try to look like ESTps, but after you talk with them a few times, they drop that act and it becomes pretty obvious.

I've for some reason attracted a lot of ENFp clients in my work, and 9 times out of 10, I end up working with ENFps. But I like working w/ my identical, so that's cool.

I sometimes forget than I'm as outgoing as other ENFps, but some are more so than others. My friend's bf is an ENFp and he is more zany/out-there than I am, but we're probably equally talkative, though I think of myself as quieter than I actually am.
    that's what happens with me too. And why i considered myself an "introvert" for the longest time.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    that's what happens with me too. And why i considered myself an "introvert" for the longest time.
    Me too. Once I started taking a real hard look at myself, I realized that I am actually annoyingly talkative lol
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talkative. that always strikes me as a strange way to put things.

Talking with WA, sometimes she can be very verbose and offer a lot of information on her own, in a 'classically extroveted' sense. But she's very different from my current relationship, who is much more drawing. It's funny how you both see yourselves as very introverted.

I see it almost as a difference of the amount you verbalize your thoughts, and different reasons for choosing to say or not say something, and different comfort levels. Even for myself, I'm only not talking if I think it's boring or not applicable or that I'm going to steamroll or upset someone. It's a constant struggle to find a balance for that - and I find that to be totally different reasonings than for why my IEE is 'reserved'.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was learning about MBTI, before I found Socionics, I was introduced to the following video, and it's actually what got me thinking for the first time that I might be an Extravert. I totally do the "brain dump" thing...

My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Talkative. that always strikes me as a strange way to put things.

Talking with WA, sometimes she can be very verbose and offer a lot of information on her own, in a 'classically extroveted' sense. But she's very different from my current relationship, who is much more drawing. It's funny how you both see yourselves as very introverted.

I see it almost as a difference of the amount you verbalize your thoughts, and different reasons for choosing to say or not say something, and different comfort levels. Even for myself, I'm only not talking if I think it's boring or not applicable or that I'm going to steamroll or upset someone. It's a constant struggle to find a balance for that - and I find that to be totally different reasonings than for why my IEE is 'reserved'.
    LOL is this a subliminal message?

seriously though, Ryu you can't really compare a platonic purely online chatting interaction with in-person interactions you and a significant other develop. the two are completely different dynamics and are on completely different levels and depths.

I know that I would definitely be a lot more self-conscious and shy about what i say when interacting with a significant other, or even someone I felt very attracted to and interested in a relationship with. And on the flip side, I would tend to be willingly taciturn with someone I don't like or dont trust.

I guess in short, it seems that for an IEE, how talkative one is really depends on the company in one's presence. I guess it's a property of creative Fi.

So Ryu, take my verbosity as a compliment.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not jus "creative" Fi, it's Fi in general. Like me. I don't talk a lot to random people unless I have an objective or specific desire to be that way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol at all the annoyingly talkative self considered introvert IEEs

count me in

I used to think that I could recognise IEEs really fast, just by hearing them speak, something will trigger a *hey you think the same way i do* reaction, or just watching them do stuff. I know this sounds vague, but I'm really bad at typing. IEEs are the only ones I'm good at typing

well my point was, I have typed a lot of IEE guys, but not a single girl, and this makes me think that maybe identical of the same gender don't like each other too much, maybe because they are trying to occupy the same social niche. But that is just a theory. Could just be that I'm the only one around
    n00bIEE