Thread: SI Polrs when sick

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb SI Polrs when sick

I have been dealing with one ailment after another ever since a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. At first I had a bad viral infection, then when that finally left, I ended up with iritis. I have been dealing with that for a month now, and for some reason, I get it in my head that the least amount I do, the better it is for my illness. My friend asked me to vacuum today, and I was kind of upset because I felt like it would undermine my ability to get better. Is this another manifestation of si polr?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, it's perfectly reasonable to want to get some rest when you're sick. When I had pneumonia I just laid in bed for days.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is. I'm sorry. One of the main manifestations of Si-PoLR is a complete inability to do housework. God help you if you ever move out. Your apartment will be a deathtrap in a matter of months.

It starts off simply, of course. You set down a Pepsi can. You set down a book you were reading. You set down the crumby plate you used to hold your peanut butter sandwich. You keep setting this stuff down, but none of it ever gets picked up. You fill every free space with wet, moldy newspapers; cracked beer bottles, wrinkly receipts from the corner store, crushed Big Gulp containers... Eventually it just starts stacking on top of itself.

Your TV gets swallowed into a massive cesspit that forms from that corner of the room where you throw all of your Chinese takeout containers. Your bed is covered in a layer of dust so thick it could be used as a second blanket. The rodents and bugs pour through every conceivable hole, hidden by debris, nesting in little colonies warmed by brown, mushy, decomposing banana peels and apple cores. Every time you trip over a pile of junk a hundred of the furry little critters scurry in every direction, startled.

Eventually, it does become your grave. One mis-step will be all it takes to bury yourself in filth, your corpse becoming a part of the filthy landscape you did nothing to prevent the creation of.

Yes I ended that last sentence on a preposition. I'm Te-PoLR, that's as exciting as it gets for me.

Seriously though, I don't think this is type-related. Any type is going to want to just veg out and sleep through an illness.

EDIT: Now that I think on it, I'm going to go ahead and assume that no type, even Si-base types, are going to really, actually enjoy the physical act of cleaning and scrubbing and washing, and that conversely, every type, including Si-PoLRs are going to derive some measure of psychological enjoyment from "putting things in order" and "cleaning up shop."
    Last edited by Sir Knight; 12-29-2010 at 07:10 AM.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use it as an excuse for not cleaning, but I actually think I feel better when I do housework. Probably the adrenaline surge.

Overal though I tend to have trouble with just laying in bed, unless I have a really bad flu and I'm achy all over or something.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that she will get enraged cause I say it again, but Morcheeba = ESE .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm... yeah, that description in the OP doesn't strike me as a manifestation of superego.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I have been dealing with one ailment after another ever since a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. At first I had a bad viral infection, then when that finally left, I ended up with iritis. I have been dealing with that for a month now, and for some reason, I get it in my head that the least amount I do, the better it is for my illness.
    Extraverts tend to not notice things of I nature, until the illness becomes so apparent that it becomes objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    My friend asked me to vacuum today, and I was kind of upset because I felt like it would undermine my ability to get better. Is this another manifestation of si polr?
    Your illness is now very objective...humm...no indication of Si polr, just that whatever subconscious interactions with regard to your internal self are coming out, because, you are after all an extravert.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I know that she will get enraged cause I say it again, but Morcheeba = ESE .
    Leave her alone