Thread: Visualizing Energy

TIM
    Fe dominant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visualizing Energy

Visualizing a person's sphere or level of energy as well as it's direction and fluctuations.

Before I even begin to try to explain exactly what I mean, does anybody think they know what I'm talking about? If so, please elaborate. If not, I promise I'm probably not insane.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No clue, but I'm curious to hear what you're talking about.

If not, I promise I'm probably not insane.
    :wink:

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you asking about how to determine energy levels and fluctuations in order to determine temperament?

There is a chart of sorts that has floated around the forum before. Basically, Introverted types are lower energy, but Ip's fluctuate between low and moderate, with Ij's staying at a constant level somewhere between the Ip's two extremes. Extraverted types are higher energy, with Ep's fluctuating between moderate and high, with Ej's at a constant level somewhere between the Ep's two extremes.

I also see Perceiving types as having more sort of "raw" energy, mental or physical, gathered from mainly external sources of stimuli (but not the same as being an Extravert necessarily), and unpredictable in nature. Whereas a Judger's energy is mainly internally created and directed; I like to call the energy types generally employed by Rationals "proactive" and "reactive". If that makes any sense.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ep is like a rage bar
    ej is like a rogue's energy bar
    ip and ij are like mana bars.

=p

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ya i dont think i know what you're talking about. the impressions i get of people are generally pretty solid and static and while the term "energy" might apply in some fashion, i dont see it fluctuating or moving, nor is it something i would describe as noticing visually. i'm curious about what it is you see, though.

TIM
    Fe dominant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Are you asking about how to determine energy levels and fluctuations in order to determine temperament?

There is a chart of sorts that has floated around the forum before. Basically, Introverted types are lower energy, but Ip's fluctuate between low and moderate, with Ij's staying at a constant level somewhere between the Ip's two extremes. Extraverted types are higher energy, with Ep's fluctuating between moderate and high, with Ej's at a constant level somewhere between the Ep's two extremes.

I also see Perceiving types as having more sort of "raw" energy, mental or physical, gathered from mainly external sources of stimuli (but not the same as being an Extravert necessarily), and unpredictable in nature. Whereas a Judger's energy is mainly internally created and directed; I like to call the energy types generally employed by Rationals "proactive" and "reactive". If that makes any sense.
    ahh no, not really. But I think that what I "see" (it's really just more of me purposefully imagining an image - I am very visual-oriented, so I think that's why) might maybe somehow possibly be related to this kind of stuff, which is why I posted this thread in the "General Discussion" area rather than the "Anything Goes" area.

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    You mean a sixth sense as to where people are directing their energies and why? Hidden motives? Cuz that's sort of how I explain my impression. I have a sixth sense about such things a lot, or think I do. I somehow sense things of that sort even if it is not otherwise apparent and I am usually right, I think.

You should elaborate because I think I might get what you are saying or it sounds worth elaborating on, at the very least. Insane? Pfft.
    Well I'm glad someone seems to know kind of what I'm talking about.
    This is pretty far out, but here goes:
    I do this thing where I imagine a bubble around somebody (not a soap bubble, just... a bubble) based on the amount of... mental energy they are using. I determine this in some way that is correlated to their posture (I figured this out one day when I put my thumb in front of somebody's face but could still visualize this "bubble"). While watching people for extended periods of time (/creeper), I noticed that this "bubble" would grow and shrink depending on the activity they were doing.

Some people, like you said, would direct this energy towards specific things, and in these instances, there was a diminished bubble, and I visualized a string or thread of energy in it's place.

Anyways, before I go on, I would like to know what you think.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I get that. I've never seen any physical or tangible manifestation of a person's energy, but yes, I can sort of pick up on the vibes or energy of a room, and how each individual person affects that. I can also understand why you would describe that as a vibe or an aura or energy or something like that. Like I have some friends that are just very bright and pretty clean but also... colorful, and other friends who are a little more cloudy and other friends who are obviously superficially fun but that also there's a lot going on underneath that's a bit bizarre, and then just flat out differences, like, value-neutral differences. Like my dad's energy is completely different from close friend A who is different from close friend B.

I like to correlate energy to socionics. People even look similar to me when they have similar energy, even though they aren't really similar looking at all by facial features (i.e., one is black, one is white; one has brown hair, one has blond hair; fat, skinny; tall, short etc.)
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Fe dominant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychic energy. Not ESP, but mental energy...where it is directed and why which you can intuit from gaining a lot of observational info from someone and create a mental model of that person. It comes to the point where you feel you can imagine where their energy is going, sensing their movements, even when they are not in direct contact.

I think this is natural when you pick up a person's inner nature. I tend to associate this with Ni/Se as it's making intuitions based on things happening in the past, present, and possible future.

At least that is how I see it.

However, correct me if I am wrong. Though I might be seeing something else, but I feel that is one way it manifests with me (I feel very much in tune with people's psychic energy and sometimes feel I can sense their hidden thoughts, feelings, and such related to that intangible energy which emerges from within and flows outward). But yeah, even if I am wrong, I'll prolly get you when you explain more.

But being highly observant of people in my immediate surrounding (provided they are interesting enough), I watch subtle things such as body language, vocal intonation, speech content, and the rest, work it in my mind, and come up with a 'sense' of this person, almost latching on to them and probing in. Though I always second-guess my intuitions even if they often are correct because I dismiss it as silly and feel paranoid that I might have it all wrong and am being an utter fool.
    I think I explained most of it. Sometimes it is like I can see them directing energy into the things around them, or even receiving energy from the things around them. Some people, when they speak, seem to be receiving energy from some hidden invisible source, like a voice speaking to them. One day I got bored in one of my classes, so spent time watching people and attributing these different "energy channels" or whatever to socionic functions. It would seem to me that if this sort of energy perceiving thing was actually reliable or real even (not just use of way too much imagination), that this would be a good way of determining somebody's socionics type. Because isn't soicionics all about where people direct their thoughts and energy?

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I like to correlate energy to socionics. People even look similar to me when they have similar energy, even though they aren't really similar looking at all by facial features (i.e., one is black, one is white; one has brown hair, one has blond hair; fat, skinny; tall, short etc.)
    Yes.
    To me, this seems way better than V.I.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone else reminded of Steve by this post? You should search up some old threads or posts in the Socionics Discussion section by user Steve.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not quite up to the driving at night without corrective lenses to improve his eyesight level, but it's totally classic Steve.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Yeah I get that. I've never seen any physical or tangible manifestation of a person's energy, but yes, I can sort of pick up on the vibes or energy of a room, and how each individual person affects that. I can also understand why you would describe that as a vibe or an aura or energy or something like that. Like I have some friends that are just very bright and pretty clean but also... colorful, and other friends who are a little more cloudy and other friends who are obviously superficially fun but that also there's a lot going on underneath that's a bit bizarre, and then just flat out differences, like, value-neutral differences. Like my dad's energy is completely different from close friend A who is different from close friend B.

Being able to see energy is a product of Se perception. Especially, in being able to notice or consider surface details like their nose, hair color, etc. I see shape, which is more Si. You have to be extravert to be outside of yourself and your thoughts, to care about seeing, and seeing is a sensory perception.

Being able to pick up on vibes and energy of the room is also Se, because that allows them to mobilize so that they can find their ways (manipulation) to fill the room with themselves, by calling out attention to themselves. Se can notice these people in the room and reasonably size them up and pursue situations to their agenda; for example, if they want to influence a crowd, they know when to say certain things and how to say it to get the message across with power and presence, which EII have a difficult time "seeing" in others, so they push an idea even thought all they really need to do is just mention it once - this is because they can't see that energy that you're speaking about and can't see who's paying attention to their thought or not, or who's being influenced by certain thoughts, that energy change in people that is apparent to Sensory Perception.

Fi does pick up on feelings, but it is not objective about others feelings as Te is...this is how Te helps us out, by telling us what we can do right or wrong to come off in a different image, the one we want to be perceived and portray.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-01-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    Is anyone else reminded of Steve by this post? You should search up some old threads or posts in the Socionics Discussion section by user Steve.
    @lemon: Steve is ILE (maybe LII?) by the way. :wink:

TIM
    Fe dominant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I only half got you, then.

As far as where people direct their thoughts and energy...it goes more into what IMs. Basically, how I see it, it's the first thing people notice, the first thing they think of, or rather, what one most readily notices and what they most readily think of that has to do with Socionics in regards to information processing. Though most people go beyond that and attempt to notice information in their Super Id (information you are not naturally adept at but appreciate and cultivate, I think) and also paying attention to information in the Super Ego (the area where you act to cover your rear for various reasons so as to not fail socially and at life even if this is the area where you feel your inadequacy painfully and also respect those who are naturally at ease with it).

However, maybe what you are talking about has to do with the energy vibes people send out in relation to their state of mind. Wikisocion has a section which associates states of mind with IMs. IME, when tuning into different IMs, it creates a state of mind as you lock into that type of information. It's hard to really describe. But I am beginning to think that maybe that is what you are talking about. I don't feel entirely sure I know.
    Yes, this sounds right. Sorry if my descriptions is blurry, I have trouble describing something so... weird. It's like one of those things that there isn't always the right words to correctly describe it (at least, not words I know of). For example, I was observing a girl. One moment, she was in a state of mind in which she seemed relatively at ease and her "energy bubble" wasn't very large, and was kind of fuzzy. The next minute, and she's reading something, and her state of mind changes, and her energy bubble expanded, large enough to fill up half the room. I could tell what she was reading was making her angry, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    Alrighty, can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Being able to see energy is a product of Se perception. Especially, in being able to notice or consider surface details like their nose, hair color, etc. I see shape, which is more Si. You have to be extravert to be outside of yourself and your thoughts, to care about seeing, and seeing is a sensory perception.

Being able to pick up on vibes and energy of the room is also Se, because that allows them to mobilize so that they can find their ways (manipulation) to fill the room with themselves, by calling out attention to themselves. Se can notice these people in the room and reasonably size them up and pursue situations to their agenda; for example, if they want to influence a crowd, they know when to say certain things and how to say it to get the message across with power and presence, which EII have a difficult time "seeing" in others, so they push an idea even thought all they really need to do is just mention it once - this is because they can't see that energy that you're speaking about and can't see who's paying attention to their thought or not, or who's being influenced by certain thoughts, that energy change in people that is apparent to Sensory Perception.

Fi does pick up on feelings, but it is not objective about others feelings as Te is...this is how Te helps us out, by telling us what we can do right or wrong to come off in a different image, the one we want to be perceived and portray.
    Hmm... I always thought that Fe was what you described as Se... but then again, my ideas of what the different functions do are pretty fuzzy.